Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns Vs. Phins, 9/25, Hope Montario is ready...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Browns Vs. Phins, 9/25, Hope Montario is ready...

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Get off the fucking field. It's really simple.

Since when did George Halas offer you a chair on his porch so you can yell at everyone to get off his lawn? That was such a horseshit call, even Cross and Criqui knew it. Are they also going to start flagging Lambeau Leaps now? At least have the stones to call it on MoMass for the post-catch dramatics, and not this two-player bullshit.

The Dolphins lost this game. The Browns didn't win it.

OIC can the team that executed the two-minute drill for six and the win be said to have 'not won it'. ::doh::

I'll take a team that plays like shit and is 2-1 over a team that plays like shit and is 0-3. I've seen enough of the latter to know there is a difference.

Real simple chucklehead: if Mo Mass and Watson had run off the field and touched each other on the sideline would we have gotten to this point? Give an official a chance to fuck something up and then bitching about it when he does is fucking stupidity.

Two minute drill? When? When they got the ball back with almost 4 minutes left? They had the ball longer on that drive than most of their other 'drives' during the game.

OIC my balls. They played poorly. They play that way 16 times during a year and they're 3-13. Fucking Colt's hitting DL in their chest, no one here says shit with a mouthful of it on the questionable Dolphin penalties and I have to hear OIC from a kool aid drinker who can't or won't be objective.

They won. They needed the win. Their win was more a function of how shitty the Dolphins were than any improvement the Browns have made. They were extremely fortunate. That doesn't take a thing away from how good the McCoy to MoMass throw was but it's still truth.

The flag was fucking stupid. The end.

People that buy giant spiders are stupid. The end.

:hide:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:I agree with Madre, the Browns won the game, not in pretty fashion and not until the last minute but they won it. They didn't deserve to until they stopped the Dolphins at the end, but in a game in which two teams stunk up the joint the Browns went out and made the plays to win it when they needed to most.

They won the game. I get it. Far rather have it then play well and lose. But the offense was horseshit and the fucking whining about penalties out of just one side of the mouth is detestable and pathetic and reeks of whining.

It was close to Indians gamethread bad.

YMMV

Take a Midol and go fuck yourself.

Quit whining about the Indians Gamethreads.

Go fuck yourself.

Call me crazy, but i'd rather win the motherfucking game than lose it.

Yourself, fuck, go!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
FUDU wrote:I agree with Madre, the Browns won the game, not in pretty fashion and not until the last minute but they won it. They didn't deserve to until they stopped the Dolphins at the end, but in a game in which two teams stunk up the joint the Browns went out and made the plays to win it when they needed to most.

They won the game. I get it. Far rather have it then play well and lose. But the offense was horseshit and the fucking whining about penalties out of just one side of the mouth is detestable and pathetic and reeks of whining.

It was close to Indians gamethread bad.

YMMV

Take a Midol and go fuck yourself.

Quit whining about the Indians Gamethreads.

Go fuck yourself.

Call me crazy, but i'd rather win the motherfucking game than lose it.

Yourself, fuck, go!

Browns fan logo:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:45 pm

Someone is getting a 1 inch fang in their neck while they sleep.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby sonoranreptile » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:46 pm

You really need a tampon..........

The calls sucked on both sides of the ball......because some of the rules are SHIT. Tell me I am wrong. Some of the rules are pure stupidity, not enforced evenly and in the case of this game, affected it WAAAYYYYYY more than it should have.....ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.
sonoranreptile

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:56 pm

sonoranreptile wrote:You really need a tampon..........

The calls sucked on both sides of the ball......because some of the rules are SHIT. Tell me I am wrong. Some of the rules are pure stupidity, not enforced evenly and in the case of this game, affected it WAAAYYYYYY more than it should have.....ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL.

If you're going to bash Peek, you have to do it with style, like me. I already hit him with the Midol line and here you come prancing around with a lame tampon crack.

It's really awful, but you're handling it well.

Go fuck yourself.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby sonoranreptile » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

If you're going to bash Peek, you have to do it with style, like me. I already hit him with the Midol line and here you come prancing around with a lame tampon crack.

It's really awful, but you're handling it well.

Go fuck yourself.

Thanks for the advice bro.......lol
Last edited by sonoranreptile on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
sonoranreptile

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:01 pm

No doubt I do.

Because I'm crying about rules and calls while I use all caps.

It was already stated the rules are shit. And when you leave shitty rules in the hands of mopes who subjectively apply them you give them a chance to fuck things up.

When you didn't have to.

That's stupid.

I do agree it was evenly called. Dolphins out-sucked the Browns and Colt made one great throw. Not sure how this is debatable.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:30 pm

I don't know if I am the first person to say this , but does anyone else think that Pat Shurmur look like Baltimore Mayor Tommy Carcetti?
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby DeanSheen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:40 pm

Nobody here said a fucking word when Colt had his head touched and a flag was thrown.

Nope. Because that rule is clear.

The celebration rule, not so much.

And yeah, it was nearly another helmet toss loss.

Browns fan or not, it's shit like that that has driven me to increasingly motherfuck the NFL. I'm getting close to full on rant mode circa 2011 now that the NFL is nearly as horseshit as the NBA in allowing the referees to make subjective calls that affect the outcomes of games.

I hate the NBA for that very reason and my former love of the NFL is starting to get close to apathy because of how the modern game is more about watching the zebras than the players.
I met my Spergon Wynn's mom once in a bar in Houston. It was a little awkward.
DeanSheen

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: Hafner

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:50 pm

DeanSheen wrote:
Nobody here said a fucking word when Colt had his head touched and a flag was thrown.

Look at the thread. And God forbid you looked at Twitter at the time. The Sheard penalty was clearly a hit to the head. People here and Browns fans everywhere went right to the pussification of football rant. Most were quiet when similar call went Cleveland's way.

It's funny that when trailing it's the officiating and when surviving with a win it's about making plays.

The issue w/officiating as you noted is the subjectivity. It's a slippery slope when you charge people with basing penalties on their definitions and opinions as opposed to black and white absolutes. There's subjectivity at times on PI call. Depends what you think you saw. But the celebration shit is all subjective. It depends not on what you see but what you think about it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 pm

peeker643 wrote:
DeanSheen wrote:

Look at the thread. And God forbid you looked at Twitter at the time. The Sheard penalty was clearly a hit to the head. People here and Browns fans everywhere went right to the pussification of football rant. Most were quiet when similar call went Cleveland's way.

It's funny that when trailing it's the officiating and when surviving with a win it's about making plays.

The issue w/officiating as you noted is the subjectivity. It's a slippery slope when you charge people with basing penalties on their definitions and opinions as opposed to black and white absolutes. There's subjectivity at times on PI call. Depends what you think you saw. But the celebration shit is all subjective. It depends not on what you see but what you think about it.

Wait are you seriously implying Twitter is the place to be, the end all be all, the Truth of all things involving being a fan and watching a game?

Dude.

...and Colt threw 2 great passes, fucko.

:thumb up:
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:56 pm

Let's talk about something else.

Russian politics.

GO!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Govbarney » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:12 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Let's talk about something else.

Russian politics.

GO!

The dream of a post-Communist democracy in Russia faded years ago, but this weekend the Kremlin made it official. Vladimir Putin will once again run for President, continuing his 11-year reign as de facto czar for what could be another dozen years.

GO BROWNS, FUCK THE NFL.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:39 pm

Govbarney wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Let's talk about something else.

Russian politics.

GO!

The dream of a post-Communist democracy in Russia faded years ago, but this weekend the Kremlin made it official. Vladimir Putin will once again run for President, continuing his 11-year reign as de facto czar for what could be another dozen years.

GO BROWNS, FUCK THE NFL.

Don't speak ill of Valdimir Putin, or you might end up with deadly radiation poisoning.

Vlad is the best, I wish he were out president.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:51 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
DeanSheen wrote:

Wait are you seriously implying Twitter is the place to be, the end all be all, the Truth of all things involving being a fan and watching a game?

Dude.

...and Colt threw 2 great passes, fucko.

Is the first one the jump ball to Cribbs? He threw that up for Cribbs and to 16's credit he made a good play. I'm fine with the throw one on one with Cribbs down there but I wouldn't call it a great throw.

I do wonder why the Browns don't roll McCoy out a bit more where he seems comfortable and where he has made the most big throws.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Ziner » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:16 pm

I think this thread clearly demonstrates how bad Peeker sucks. Go Browns.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:53 pm

Ziner wrote:I think this thread clearly demonstrates how bad Peeker sucks. Go Browns.

That's also subjective to a degree. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:54 pm

peeker643 wrote: They won. They needed the win. Their win was more a function of how shitty the Dolphins were than any improvement the Browns have made. They were extremely fortunate. That doesn't take a thing away from how good the McCoy to MoMass throw was but it's still truth.

Agree - but I am at a loss to understand the angst. Most everyone knew this was a 5 to 7 win team. So today they are more than 25% of the way there; the Browns won an NFL game, which they do not accomplish very often. So I guess in the grand scheme of things what are we after - What's the overall objective? Global domination or simply entertainment? Most of the game was HS Football unwatchable.

But goddamn if the last 3:43 weren't some of the most dramatic and exciting Browns football I have seen in awhile. Colt did it, and despite the celebration penalty and the horse collar penalty and the fact that 99% of us expected them to lose - the rubber band defense held on and they won.

Baby steps. Today was one - against a train wreck of a team with a coach that the owner publically tried to replace in the off season and an OC that couldn't find his ass with both hands.

But a win is a win.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:59 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote: They won. They needed the win. Their win was more a function of how shitty the Dolphins were than any improvement the Browns have made. They were extremely fortunate. That doesn't take a thing away from how good the McCoy to MoMass throw was but it's still truth.

Agree - but I am at a loss to understand the angst. Most everyone knew this was a 5 to 7 win team. So today they are more than 25% of the way there; the Browns won an NFL game, which they do not accomplish very often. So I guess in the grand scheme of things what are we after - What's the overall objective? Global domination or simply entertainment? Most of the game was HS Football unwatchable.

But goddamn if the last 3:43 weren't some of the most dramatic and exciting Browns football I have seen in awhile. Colt did it, and despite the celebration penalty and the horse collar penalty and the fact that 99% of us expected them to lose - the rubber band defense held on and they won.

Baby steps. Today was one - against a train wreck of a team with a coach that the owner publically tried to replace in the off season and an OC that couldn't find his ass with both hands.

But a win is a win.

Agree with all of that. But global domination is ultimately the goal. ;-) ;) :wink:

Still stunned the Dolphins didn't get Bush the ball that last drive with a TO left and 10-12 yards to go for a legit FG chance. But your points about Daboll and Sparano are what I was inferring when I said the Dolphins did more to lose the game IMO.

IMO he doesn't survive the bye week down there.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Funny how some posters like to bitch about threads being overtook and they turn around and whine about our WRs and defend a terrible endzone call.

Was the game shitty, yes.
Did we look rather clueless for 3+ quarters, yes.
Was the Sheard call legit, yes. (albeit fuckin stupid and part of the "NFL is becoming a tampon-league" mantra, which I cannot believe is being defended)
Was I surprised to come on here and see someone defend the refs endzone call... nope.

OIC.

I'm just happy I'm going to a game next week where the Browns are 2-1 and play another 2-1 team w/out their best WR. All the bitching and all the whining aside, I just want meaningful football and whether it's ugly or not, I'm getting it for another couple weeks.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:10 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Agree with all of that. But global domination is ultimately the goal. ;-) ;) :wink:

Still stunned the Dolphins didn't get Bush the ball that last drive with a TO left and 10-12 yards to go for a legit FG chance. But your points about Daboll and Sparano are what I was inferring when I said the Dolphins did more to lose the game IMO.

IMO he doesn't survive the bye week down there.

Indeed. When your boss starts giving Harbaugh a prostate massage and leaves you twisting in the wind, what's the rank and file to think? I mean Joe NFL Player may not be the sharpest tool in the shed but when the owner of the team is trying to seduce a new HC do the players have any respect or buy in for the current guy?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:29 pm

noles1 wrote:Funny how some posters like to bitch about threads being overtook and they turn around and whine about our WRs and defend a terrible endzone call.

Was the game shitty, yes.
Did we look rather clueless for 3+ quarters, yes.
Was the Sheard call legit, yes. (albeit fuckin stupid and part of the "NFL is becoming a tampon-league" mantra, which I cannot believe is being defended)
Was I surprised to come on here and see someone defend the refs endzone call... nope.

OIC.

I'm just happy I'm going to a game next week where the Browns are 2-1 and play another 2-1 team w/out their best WR. All the bitching and all the whining aside, I just want meaningful football and whether it's ugly or not, I'm getting it for another couple weeks.

Noles, there are plenty of ridiculous rules. We know that. We also know QBs are china dolls in the eyes of the referees. But those are the rules they play by and that a team has to understand and follow until they're changed. Whether it's the kickoff rule or the two-hand touch on a QB or a ridiculously subjective 'celebration' call a team playing on as thin a margin as the Browns have to know them and can't allow themselves to be fucked by them. They don't have as much talent but they can play disciplined football.

Don't give officials the chance to make those horseshit calls, especially when it doesn't even come during a play.

We're all thrilled they're 2-1 and it's obviously great they got a game today that they didn't play very well:

"We played like garbage for the most part of the day," McCoy said. "As ugly as it was, it was a huge win for us."

That's it right there in a nutshell.

I do think the D was terrific all day. Especially given the time they spent on the field.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Not going to argue it, Peek. Simply stating the fact of it. Folks are pointing out the ridiculousness of the rule and you are saying the Browns cant afford to leave anything up to ref interpretation. Got it. Said my peace regarding it.

Right now I'm focused on Big Ben shitting the bed and those Indy cheerleaders who I didnt notice last week in person cause I was too drunk.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:55 pm

I have to hear OIC from a kool aid drinker who can't or won't be objective.

I just saw this little nugget of hilarity.

Really, Peek?

I read your posts, I read your columns, you ain't objective at all. So for you to try to call someone else out on it........ BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby DeanSheen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:20 pm

Peek, I saw this and had to comment because it came up between my buddy and I while watching the game. He said "the defense has been out there a long time".

You said:
I do think the D was terrific all day. Especially given the time they spent on the field.

I said/say that part of that was the defenses responsibility. The couldn't get themselves off the field. They did make just enough plays to help us win. I think the best thing they did was bottle up Bush but as I say that I'm just not sold on him as a RB and DaBoll may have had a lot to do with that as well.

Colt looked like shit most of the day. I hope that improves with time. I was more upset with our running game. I thought we should have run more.
DeanSheen

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:23 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I have to hear OIC from a kool aid drinker who can't or won't be objective.

I just saw this little nugget of hilarity.

Really, Peek?

I read your posts, I read your columns, you ain't objective at all. So for you to try to call someone else out on it........ BWHAHAHAHAAHAHAH!!!

As far as posting and writing for a site called The Cleveland Fan I'm relatively comfortable with my relative objectivity. Clearly there's a Cleveland bend. Just not to the point where I'm going to whine about the disparity of calls every night, fail to recognize weaknesses with the home town club or bitch about every perceived slight spoken from an announcer or broadcaster.

If you'd rather have that, well, you're in the right place most of the time Peter Parker. In many, many ways. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:29 pm

You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:30 pm

DeanSheen wrote:Peek, I saw this and had to comment because it came up between my buddy and I while watching the game. He said "the defense has been out there a long time".

You said:

I said/say that part of that was the defenses responsibility. The couldn't get themselves off the field. They did make just enough plays to help us win. I think the best thing they did was bottle up Bush but as I say that I'm just not sold on him as a RB and DaBoll may have had a lot to do with that as well.

Colt looked like shit most of the day. I hope that improves with time. I was more upset with our running game. I thought we should have run more.

Could be some of that. I said it based on time of possession and also having looked at Miami converting on just 4/13 3rd downs.

I thought Rubin, Rogers, Mitchell and Sheard were felt much of the day. I also felt the LBs were solid (they had 20+ tackles and even Fujita did a nice in covg down on the goal line) and I thought Haden was impressive again on Marshall. He at times intimidated a bigger, stronger receiver and played him really physically.

As you say, they also did a nice job on Bush, though I think Miami did a nice job limiting Bush too.

I was just impressed with the defense for most of the day.

The offense? With the exception of a couple throws, blech. And I thought they'd be the stronger unit almost all season.

By the way, neither the D nor the O were done any favors by another terrible day punting.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:Still stunned the Dolphins didn't get Bush the ball that last drive with a TO left and 10-12 yards to go for a legit FG chance.

Who says they didn't?

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:33 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You keep using that word, I don't think it means what you think it means.

;-) ;) :wink:

I know what it means. And I'm still relatively comfortable with my relative objectivity. I'm clearly a prisoner of my own perceptions and beliefs. One of those perceptions and beliefs is that people will always be homers to a horrific degree.

Nothing on the Peter Parker thing huh? I thought that would play.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:37 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Still stunned the Dolphins didn't get Bush the ball that last drive with a TO left and 10-12 yards to go for a legit FG chance.

Who says they didn't?

Ha. I didn't say I was surprised they didn't try and get the ball to Bush. I said I was surprised they didn't get Bush the ball.

And they didn't.

Though I can watch Chad Henne in a UM uni get hit all night long.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby DeanSheen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm

I thought Haden was impressive again on Marshall. He at times intimidated a bigger, stronger receiver and played him really physically.

The personal foul that Marshall made was one of the biggest bitch moves I've seen in the NFL this year. Haden takes advantage of his 5 yard chuck, takes pussyboy out of the play, and he has to run after Haden and shove him.

Looked like some shit BE would pull. I really hope this NFL trend of shithead primadonna receivers falls by the wayside sooner than later.
DeanSheen

Unread postby DeanSheen » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm

I thought Haden was impressive again on Marshall. He at times intimidated a bigger, stronger receiver and played him really physically.

The personal foul that Marshall made was one of the biggest bitch moves I've seen in the NFL this year. Haden takes advantage of his 5 yard chuck, takes pussyboy out of the play, and he has to run after Haden and shove him.

Looked like some shit BE would pull. I really hope this NFL trend of shithead primadonna receivers falls by the wayside sooner than later.
DeanSheen

Unread postby Toxicadam » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:38 pm

The only thing that drove me crazy about this game was that Henne was able to run at will once he got out of the pocket. Almost every scoring drive was helped by a play like this.

I've already resigned myself to the fact that this team will make shitty penalties and go entire halves without scoring.
Last edited by Toxicadam on Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toxicadam

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:39 pm

Lord when you watch the Steelers, I can't help but crave us just once hitting on a big time pass rusher...

Freeney and Mathis are causing absolute havoc on Roethlisberger. To think we could ever be in that position putting him on his ass almost every play would be the thrill of a lifetime. I was there 2 years ago but watching the Colts, this is different. They are simply over-matching the Steelers on the edges.
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:41 pm

Peter Parker was bit by a radioactive spider. I have the strictest assurance mine will be sans radiation.

Plus I don't think most super heroes' idea of a productive night is sitting on your ass and drinking.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:43 pm

noles1 wrote:Lord when you watch the Steelers, I can't help but crave us just once hitting on a big time pass rusher...

Freeney and Mathis are causing absolute havoc on Roethlisberger. To think we could ever be in that position putting him on his ass almost every play would be the thrill of a lifetime. I was there 2 years ago but watching the Colts, this is different. They are simply over-matching the Steelers on the edges.

So much so he just took a huge shot while trying to find them on the field. We don't have that guy at this point. Maybe Sheard gets to be a reasonable facsimile but he doesn't seem to have the wide open speed.

But damn, how disruptive have Rubin and Taylor been. That alone has been fun to watch. If they could get anything from the edges they'd be dangerous.

I think the Steeler's biggest issue tonight is game planning. The Colts can't stop the run. How is Mendenhall not getting 30+ carries coming in?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:44 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Peter Parker was bit by a radioactive spider. I have the strictest assurance mine will be sans radiation.

Plus I don't think most super heroes' idea of a productive night is sitting on your ass and drinking.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Plus I don't think most super heroes' idea of a productive night is sitting on your ass and drinking.

All men, super hero or not, eventually get to that point. Apparently you missed the Family Guy episode where Aqua-man uses his powers to get the fish to bring him beers.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:45 pm

Haha..... You searched for that picture. What a fruit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:47 pm

FUDU

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:50 pm

peeker643 wrote:
noles1 wrote:Lord when you watch the Steelers, I can't help but crave us just once hitting on a big time pass rusher...

So much so he just took a huge shot while trying to find them on the field. We don't have that guy at this point. Maybe Sheard gets to be a reasonable facsimile but he doesn't seem to have the wide open speed.

But damn, how disruptive have Rubin and Taylor been. That alone has been fun to watch. If they could get anything from the edges they'd be dangerous.

I think the Steeler's biggest issue tonight is game planning. The Colts can't stop the run. How is Mendenhall not getting 30+ carries coming in?

They are stopping the run tonight. Hell you can make a legitimate case if they tackle Hillis in the backfield like they should have last week, they would have averaged less than 2.5 a carry in the past two games. History may say otherwise with the Colts but they have used their speed on defense really well the past 2 games.

Pitts got an advantage on the edges with Wallace/Sanders/Brown and Miller, it's their own stubborn-ness not keeping Mendenhall in to chip and block that is leading to Ben's beating... can't say I'm saddened by that though.

But yeah, I'd love to see our DT's with an edge-rusher like Freeney (or unlike Mitchell would be more appropriately described).
noles1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:09 pm

I wish we had Troy Polamalu.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:03 am

What a bunch of freaking whiners...JFC

I think its ignorant to think this team should look or will play any better than it has so far.....

...and if that needs a detailed explanation yir [whomever] even dumber than you post...

New players, new coaches, new systems, same old bitching and moaning

The final drive was a thing of beauty for Browns fan and a huge ass stepping stone for Colt McCoy
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:06 am

From another place by another guy....

[i]You can't have a valid concern if the team is exceeding expectations.
Unless the concern is systemic, or pandemic, or just viral.
Which would indicate FO, Coaching..bad QB...generally.

Did, does anyone expect this team to go into the playoffs? With the Steelers and Birds in the division? NO.
We unfortunatly have to endure another rebuilding season.
Of course we have more rookies on the field than any contender would ever field.
Of course we have no depth whatsoever virtually across the board.

So voicing concern after concern on the obvious is just assine...
Are the coaches able to adjust? Game to game, during the game...Question.
Do the players have NFL talent....Question
Are the coaches, coaching them UP...Bills today, Or Down Cowboys for years.
systemic, pandemic, concerns.....

Of course there is going to be slop, today was super slop, the Bengals game was super slop. But the Browns are 2-1 in spite of it.

My POV is this entire season is a look see, to determine if the FO and Coaching can take us to the next level, and do we need to rebuild again. I think finally we have the major issues holding this team back under controll and pointed in the right direction.
If Little and MoMass and Hardesty are not lighting your candle along with Colt and Shurmer...then this aint about feeling good...ever...

That swing pass to Hardesty was a Shurmer McCoy Hardesty play the Browns never would have called, nor executed...That was the best play of the game, that my freind was progress, DaBoll...never in a month of Sundays makes that call at that time.

So saying things like 'ineffective running game' when your starter gains a hundred yards, is just neg BS in my book.

Inefective running game? See, Eric Rhett, Travis Prentice, Jamel White, William Green, Rueben Droughns (although he has a nice sandwich) Not Hillis Hardesty.
Note Armond Smiths carry, he doesn't go backwards when hit...wait till he gets some carries.
We knew the O-Line had no depth.....We knew they would suck if someone went down. but a BUCK on the Ground, and the Big Play when it counted is effective.

Enjoy the f'n football.

Now back to the regularly scheduled 'sky is falling because the O has do depth, and how bad Colt played until it counted........
His arm sucks, we are the 72 Bucks, let the Luck Sweeps begin...etc...etc....etc...
[/i]
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am

....and this....

Concerns? What if you are an Eggles fan right now...the dream team, a 100 million dollar QB and that much on Corners too...
It is ledge time, deep f'n breathing.

You are right to be concerned, if that is the case.
But saying things like, Greentham did on the Front page, "we are favored in this game, which gives cause for concern"...IS what I am railing against....WTF is that?

The guys here seem to be broken, group andropause has been reached....STR Browns football has beaten them down to the dirt...it is sad.
When we had the worst professional team in history, back with Fudd and Early Butch...
Sh*t we had whole threads on a da mn Kevin Johnson first down...its true..
We had threads on Hip Flexibility...complete with Pom Poms...
The Board managed wild optimisim...Kelly Holcome was going to lead us to the Soupie Bowl....Tim Couch was just about to turn the corner......One RB away from a playoff team.....all delusional mind you..

Now when we have the first iterations of a real football team, we are calling out big time TD throws as faulty, Wins are no longer wins, they are ineffective....
I am not even going to read the Paxil Fodder from todays fallout....

WTF, is this misery going to continue until we are Philly fans....are we....Philly fans now...Bring on Santa Clause, the stingy B*eatch...Boo his ass....
Cary on...
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Gradysmanldy » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:51 pm

Concerns? What if you are an Eggles fan right now...the dream team, a 100 million dollar QB and that much on Corners too...
It is ledge time, deep f'n breathing.

Within 15 minutes of the games ending I sent a text to my insufferable ex-philly roomate's phone...."This just in: Browns 2-1, Superteam 1-2. Cheers"

I know it wont last, but fuuuuuuu if it doesn't feel great at the moment.

Offense played like crap, defense can't tackle, but I love the *direction* these guys are going. So many building blocks that will only get better as the season goes on. (Colt, Haden, Little, Moore, Ward, etc) You just seem them flying around and making plays.

I wanted to kill myself for 3+ quarters and I was making all the same comments ya'll were making/thinking, but they actually managed to pull one out. Makes 2 weeks in a row I expected a loss and was surprised by a win.
Check me out at Dawgsbynature, where I write stuff, or @twitter as Josh Finney.
Gradysmanldy

Favorite Player: Melts Parmageddon
Least Favorite Player: The East Coast media

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:55 pm

My favorite aspect of the people that hate on the Eagles: a back-up that doesn't even play or matter said the Dream Team thing and now everyone runs around crowing and acting as if the whole team adopted that mantra.

Jealousy is a bitch.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:43 pm

Personally, I'm not jealous of the Eagles at all...I just hate them and that rat hole of a city

The fact that they'll never win a SB Ring is neither here nor there...
Fire Marshall Bill

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL