Text Size

College Sports Arena

Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:53 pm

Wow, that throw there was something.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Wow, Bauserman is fucking AWFUL.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Terrible fucking read, for once he should have hit the check down, Hyde was open for at least 8.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 pm

Oh here we go with the Braxton Miller body language analysis again.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:55 pm

This is the worst performance by an OSU starting QB since TS in the 06 NCG, granted Smith had about .4 seconds to throw with 2 1st round NFL draft DEs beating his ass.

Think about it, Bauserman looks this bad against a FUCKING MAC TEAM.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Wow, that throw there was something.


Yeah it reminded me of the last shit I took.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Todd Boeckman has to have looked this bad at some point.

This entire offense as currently constructed is bad, not gonna lie. It seemed like last week Smith and Miller were tied together, get the feeling that is going to be the story all year.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Wow, that throw there was something.


Yeah it reminded me of the last shit I took.


So you missed the bowl by 10 yards?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:58 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Todd Boeckman has to have looked this bad at some point.


08 usc game?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:59 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Wow, that throw there was something.


Yeah it reminded me of the last shit I took.


So you missed the bowl by 10 yards?


No it was painful, I ate some super hot General Tso's chicken last night.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Goddamn, do I love John Simon.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Simon sez "GET YOUR ASS ON THE GROUND, BITCHCAKES!"
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:05 pm

The D has been good. The offense is unwatchable. It looks like a poorly executed version of the Browns offense under Romeo Crennel.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:07 pm

OSU's season is never complete without a heart stopping game vs a team we should blowout.

Masrhall, Ohio, Navy, Bowling Green.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Orlando pace still looks tough. Maybe they should suit him up and sneak him out there.

Here comes the hermit crab offense.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:09 pm

Hyde reminds me of Lydell Ross, he hits the hole like a boiled potato.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah, lets see if our defense can play prevent and hold on to the win. That seems like the best strategy right now. There is no chance that our ST will give a punt return for a TD.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Wow Smith was wide open.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Nice fumble there to keep it interesting.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 pm

Rod Smith channeling his inner Eddie George. Goddamn it.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:14 pm

Somewhat unexplainable, but I find myself a Buckeye fan that kind of wants them to lose this game. I'm going to have to analyze why I feel this way. It makes no sense right now.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:18 pm

hiko wrote:Somewhat unexplainable, but I find myself a Buckeye fan that kind of wants them to lose this game. I'm going to have to analyze why I feel this way. It makes no sense right now.


No offense, but it's because you suck. Now go fuck yourself.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:19 pm

Dominick Clarke looks amazing. How do you bench that guy when Howard comes back? Does he take Roby's job?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:22 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
hiko wrote:Somewhat unexplainable, but I find myself a Buckeye fan that kind of wants them to lose this game. I'm going to have to analyze why I feel this way. It makes no sense right now.


No offense, but it's because you suck. Now go fuck yourself.


Not quite bendy enough, sir.

I think it's because I don't want to see the team mired in poor man's Jim Tressel and poor man's Craig Krenzel.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:23 pm

hiko wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
hiko wrote:Somewhat unexplainable, but I find myself a Buckeye fan that kind of wants them to lose this game. I'm going to have to analyze why I feel this way. It makes no sense right now.


No offense, but it's because you suck. Now go fuck yourself.


Not quite bendy enough, sir.

I think it's because I don't want to see the team mired in poor man's Jim Tressel and poor man's Craig Krenzel.


Interesting points.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:24 pm

hiko wrote:I think it's because I don't want to see the team mired in poor man's Jim Tressel and poor man's Craig Krenzel.


It's an insult to Krenzel to even remotely compare the two.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - PredictionsGame thread

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Ballgame here, boys. Let's get this stop.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:25 pm

hiko wrote:I think it's because I don't want to see the team mired in poor man's Jim Tressel and poor man's Craig Krenzel.


It's not a poor man's Krenzel, it's a poor man's Boeckman.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby fairvis » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

JOHN FUCKING SIMON.
User avatar
fairvis
 
Posts: 878
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:21 pm
Location: Manchester, UK
Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:26 pm

Hats off to the Rockets, hell of a game, guys. I hope you go undefeated the rest of the way.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:27 pm

Bauserman taking a knee was his best execution on any play he was involved in today.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:29 pm

I smoked a whole pack of cigarettes during that game.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:31 pm

That game was terrible. Luke Fickell should be ashamed. Bauserman was terrible and Fickell should have done something about it. The defense was decent considering how bad the O played.

Bauserman's final line: 16/30 for 189 and one TD against a bad MAC defense. Time to give him his clipboard. If Fickell keeps Bauserman as the primary QB, I will be pulling for him to be replaced. Bauserman lost his poise today.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:33 pm

It's ok, we got Miami next week and I heard they've been downgraded to a tropical depression.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:36 pm

furls wrote:That game was terrible. Luke Fickell should be ashamed. Bauserman was terrible and Fickell should have done something about it. The defense was decent considering how bad the O played.

Bauserman's final line: 16/30 for 189 and one TD against a bad MAC defense. Time to give him his clipboard. If Fickell keeps Bauserman as the primary QB, I will be pulling for him to be replaced. Bauserman lost his poise today.


Exactly why I was almost hoping they would lose. I hate that play-to-not-lose bullshit.

Not sure how Braxton Miller didn't see the field at all. Like Bauserman was lighting it up or something.

Not sure how they didn't run the ball up the middle more and overpower them. They seemed to feel they could throw those short out passes and out-speed Toledo, but it was clear that they were no faster than the Rockets.

And does that represent a recruiting flaw, that the Buckeyes aren't any noticeably faster/stronger than a MAC team?

If Toledo goes 10-2 or some such, then maybe they're just a really good MAC team. We'll find out if the issue was the Bucks or the Rockets soon enough when OSU takes their talents to South Beach next week.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:38 pm

You don't suck, Hiko. And please don't go and fuck yourself.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:43 pm

hiko wrote:
furls wrote:That game was terrible. Luke Fickell should be ashamed. Bauserman was terrible and Fickell should have done something about it. The defense was decent considering how bad the O played.

Bauserman's final line: 16/30 for 189 and one TD against a bad MAC defense. Time to give him his clipboard. If Fickell keeps Bauserman as the primary QB, I will be pulling for him to be replaced. Bauserman lost his poise today.


Exactly why I was almost hoping they would lose. I hate that play-to-not-lose bullshit.

Not sure how Braxton Miller didn't see the field at all. Like Bauserman was lighting it up or something.

Not sure how they didn't run the ball up the middle more and overpower them. They seemed to feel they could throw those short out passes and out-speed Toledo, but it was clear that they were no faster than the Rockets.

And does that represent a recruiting flaw, that the Buckeyes aren't any noticeably faster/stronger than a MAC team?

If Toledo goes 10-2 or some such, then maybe they're just a really good MAC team. We'll find out if the issue was the Bucks or the Rockets soon enough when OSU takes their talents to South Beach next week.


Buckeyes have plenty of speed on O at the WR slot. Bauserman flat out missed a lot of wide open WRs, not just with bad throws, he just didn't see them. The OLine should be ashamed for not being able to shove Toledo around, the RBs should be ashamed because they nearly lost this game with their inability to see and hit holes.

The Buckeyes desperately need Boom Herron and Jordan Hall back.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:43 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You don't suck, Hiko. And please don't go and fuck yourself.


I'm sure I'm not the only one glad that's it's not an option.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:47 pm

Oh yeah, the Linebackers were fucking terrible today as well. Toledo's GP was predicated around getting the ball into playmakers' hands quickly near the LOS and letting them make the first guy miss and our LBs were very happy to oblige.

That said, Sabino played a much better game than Klein (in spite of Klein's int). More speed, more agressive, quicker to the ball.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:49 pm

furls wrote:Buckeyes have plenty of speed on O at the WR slot. Bauserman flat out missed a lot of wide open WRs, not just with bad throws, he just didn't see them. The OLine should be ashamed for not being able to shove Toledo around, the RBs should be ashamed because they nearly lost this game with their inability to see and hit holes.


I know, which might speak to just how speedy Toledo is. Akron was noticeably slower.

Which also speaks that team like Toledo that's fast should thus be susceptible to being pushed around by what HAS to be superior strentgh on the O Line. They did not run up the middle nearly enough.

It seems to me that (and it could just be faulty memory) that there was a time in Buckeye history when every starting RB that came down the line was NFL bound. Other than Beanie Wells, the recent crops have struck me as depressingly ordinary (that includes Boom too).
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby hiko » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:52 pm

furls wrote:Oh yeah, the Linebackers were fucking terrible today as well. Toledo's GP was predicated around getting the ball into playmakers' hands quickly near the LOS and letting them make the first guy miss and our LBs were very happy to oblige.

That said, Sabino played a much better game than Klein (in spite of Klein's int). More speed, more agressive, quicker to the ball.


God yes. On Toledo's last TD drive, there was a little swing pass to that little RB they had, and 2 guys had him dead to rights at the line of scrimmage, and it only took one little (not even that spectacular) move for both of them to miss (not even touch him) and the play went 40 yards or something.

I saw that happen at least 3 times.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:53 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You don't suck, Hiko. And please don't go and fuck yourself.


So sweet.

Nearly made me tear up a little. This place has truly gotten more civilized.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22666
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:56 pm

I want to see Berry get serious damn playing time a RB next week. he's the explosive player we need.

Rod Smith, we'll see you next year.

I wish Hyde hit the hole like Carlos Snow and not a boiled potato.

Bauserman sucks, but Fickell is going to play him most of the game next week, you just know it.

Miller and Berry FTW!
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:56 pm

hiko wrote:
furls wrote:Oh yeah, the Linebackers were fucking terrible today as well. Toledo's GP was predicated around getting the ball into playmakers' hands quickly near the LOS and letting them make the first guy miss and our LBs were very happy to oblige.

That said, Sabino played a much better game than Klein (in spite of Klein's int). More speed, more agressive, quicker to the ball.


God yes. On Toledo's last TD drive, there was a little swing pass to that little RB they had, and 2 guys had him dead to rights at the line of scrimmage, and it only took one little (not even that spectacular) move for both of them to miss (not even touch him) and the play went 40 yards or something.

I saw that happen at least 3 times.


that was how they moved the ball the entire game. Toledo's GP was to just try not get sacked, understanding that their WRs would never EVER be open down field, and dink and dunk their way to the endzone. It worked and they almost won.

If OSU tackles well, Toledo scores 7 points in that game. Every TD was set up by long plays with missed tackles.

As for the speed size.... tOSU had speed and power advantages across the board in match ups (O vs. D and D vs. O) the issue was terrible execution. Bauserman had open WRs that he missed. Hyde missed holes that were apparent. The defense missed tackles. It was one of the most "unsound" games I have seen tOSU play since John Cooper was the coach.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6422
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:57 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You don't suck, Hiko. And please don't go and fuck yourself.


So sweet.

Nearly made me tear up a little. This place has truly gotten more civilized.


Now you can go fuck yourself.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You don't suck, Hiko. And please don't go and fuck yourself.


So sweet.

Nearly made me tear up a little. This place has truly gotten more civilized.


Now you can go fuck yourself.


Moment ruined. Hope you choke on your ribeye and your beer is warm.

And may nothing but OSU-Toledo forever play on your tv.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22666
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:40 pm

Maybe Fickell didn't want to show his Braxton Miller cards for idle Miami who undoubtedly watched the game.

You'll need a guy like him next week against a fast defense.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:45 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Maybe Fickell didn't want to show his Braxton Miller cards for idle Miami who undoubtedly watched the game.

You'll need a guy like him next week against a fast defense.


I don't give a fuck what Miami was watching. You play your best players. Watching Bauserman throw the ball today was like Chinese water torture.

If anything not playing him to try and spring some trap on Miami only hurts Miller by not getting the game reps.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Fickell's explanation:

"We had a plan maybe to (play Miller) in that second quarter, very similar to last week," Fickell said. "But it just didn't work out the way we had probably planned it in our head.
"It was just the flow of the game. It's just one of those gut decisions you've got to make out there."
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
User avatar
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan
 
Posts: 14346
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 12:27 pm
Location: Cleveland
Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: Toledo Rockets at Ohio State - Predictions/Game thread

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:40 pm

The flow of the game?

Yeah, Luke, Bauserman sure "flowed".

I loved when he flowed the ball right over wide open WRs heads. That was very flowing.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests