Text Size

The Gamblers Den

College Football Pickem 2011 (set to start in week 2)

This is the place to discuss sports handicapping, poker, and other forms of gambling.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, leadpipe

College Football Pickem 2011 (set to start in week 2)

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:49 pm

This is a Yahoo pickem league against the spread, right now I have it set to pick the Yahoo default games,ones picked by Yahoo to be the most interesting. If enough interest is shown in changing that to the AP top 25, we can entertain that.

Last years was $100 entry, so that's what this will be unless we cannot garner enough interest at that entry point. We will know how many places to pay when we get the total number of players.

Group ID#: 15925
Group Password TCF1234
Confidence Points No
Spread Yes
Tiebreakers Yes
Start Week 2
Drop Scores No, use all weeks
Deadline 5 minutes before each game
Games To Include Use Yahoo! default games
Good Luck!!!
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: College Football Pickem 2011

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:50 pm

in
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: College Football Pickem 2011

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:14 am

I'm not sure we have the interest necessary for this swerb.

We can push it to week 2 without any issues (and I have), but a week with only 2 biters is no bueno.

No Peek, no Lead? We will give it another week.
JCoz

Re: College Football Pickem 2011 (set to start in week 2)

Unread postby Bigfist » Sat Sep 03, 2011 11:12 am

I was in it last year, and finished middle of the pack, but I don't think the format is particularly conducive to handicapping. The games are chosen for the bettor in the contest, and in most of them, I thought the line was pretty close to what I would have handicapped the game at..hence the final result would be based, in a large part, on luck. Of course, that is somewhat true in the real betting world, but the bettor in the real world can pick his spots. I think a better format would be to list 30 or so games, and make the bettor pick 5 or 7 against the spread. This is the approximate format of the contests in Vegas.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Re: College Football Pickem 2011 (set to start in week 2)

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:13 am

Bigfist wrote:I was in it last year, and finished middle of the pack, but I don't think the format is particularly conducive to handicapping. The games are chosen for the bettor in the contest, and in most of them, I thought the line was pretty close to what I would have handicapped the game at..hence the final result would be based, in a large part, on luck. Of course, that is somewhat true in the real betting world, but the bettor in the real world can pick his spots. I think a better format would be to list 30 or so games, and make the bettor pick 5 or 7 against the spread. This is the approximate format of the contests in Vegas.

I agree with that, give me a few days to mull that over.
JCoz

Return to The Gamblers Den