Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Anybody Care? Browns vs. Bears

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Anybody Care? Browns vs. Bears

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:05 pm

Watching this fiasco tonight has me seriously concerned about Wallace. He looks very Spergonish out there.

We are so screwed if Colt goes down due to injury. Like season is over screwed. This could be a distinct possibility with the state of the o-line - Steinbach being on IR for the year, and the right side still lacking talent. We could be in store for another long year. Let's hope the train stays on the tracks.
municipalmutt

Re: Anybody Care? Browns vs. Bears

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:19 pm

It's the preseason.

I find it very difficult to take anything from these games beyond that Colt is the starting QB.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:23 pm

Flipping between the Browns game and the Baggers v. UNLV which is not particularly exciting. I like this Dockerty kid, showing lots of intensity.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Favorite Player: Smallmouth Bass
Least Favorite Player: Sheephead

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:24 pm

We had a plan that involved a seasoned vet starter going into last year. I know the plan blew apart for various reasons but going into this year, I cringe with the thought of Wallace getting any significant playing time. It is a possibility, that's all I'm saying.
municipalmutt

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Nicely engineered drive by Wallace for six. Maybe if he only faces 3rd string defenses we'll be ok.
municipalmutt

Unread postby bac5665 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:32 pm

It took Colt until the LION'S 3rd string D to score too.

But I'm far,far more worried about the penalties and whatnot. We are a young, young team and we are going to lose games that we should win.
bac5665

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Bug Selig

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:35 pm

municipalmutt wrote:We had a plan that involved a seasoned vet starter going into last year. I know the plan blew apart for various reasons but going into this year, I cringe with the thought of Wallace getting any significant playing time. It is a possibility, that's all I'm saying.

I think you are in good hands with Wallace as a back up. The guys a career backup he thrives in that position, almost like a good MLB reliever who could never cut it as a starter. Look around the NFL I think the Browns are set up better then most when it comes to QB backup.
"I don't think they're building chemical weapons in Berea. But they might be. I can't say for sure."
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:35 pm

I'm not 100% sold on Colt either. :hide:
municipalmutt

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:41 pm

Govbarney wrote:
municipalmutt wrote:We had a plan that involved a seasoned vet starter going into last year. I know the plan blew apart for various reasons but going into this year, I cringe with the thought of Wallace getting any significant playing time. It is a possibility, that's all I'm saying.

I think you are in good hands with Wallace as a back up. The guys a career backup he thrives in that position, almost like a good MLB reliever who could never cut it as a starter. Look around the NFL I think the Browns are set up better then most when it comes to QB backup.

I just don't want to see him for any length of time. It would mean bad performance by the starter or serious injury and we could also have some major o-line problems.
municipalmutt

Unread postby Govbarney » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:48 pm

municipalmutt wrote:
Govbarney wrote:

I just don't want to see him for any length of time. It would mean bad performance by the starter or serious injury and we could also have some major o-line problems.

Agreed, but I think it's a good sign when the Browns are in a position where the fans DON'T want to see the back up QB
Chuck Klosterman
Govbarney

Unread postby municipalmutt » Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Jarrett Brown is looking good now. Nice drive going on.
municipalmutt

Unread postby hiko » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:20 pm

Cue SoulDawg love of Jarrett Brown.

Not that I blame him. He's improved immensely during this preseason. That throw showed a maturity I didn't expect at all.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 am

Here's what I took out of last night:

75,000 paid for 35,000 to watch that last night. Anyone who paid or went should be able to file sexual assault charges against the NFL.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:51 pm

hiko wrote:Cue SoulDawg love of Jarrett Brown.

Not that I blame him. He's improved immensely during this preseason. That throw showed a maturity I didn't expect at all.

SD:

Brown has shown an ability to improve , in three weeks , he's gone from a cut to a viable third string project .

With the new rules allowing you to dress the third QB and not count him on your 45 day roster essentially giving you 46 men on game day inlieu of 45 your foolish not to keep three QB's on your final 53.

Doubt Brown can clear waivers no matter how many drunken slurpy acclamations by Kosar to the contrary .

If Heckert is dumb enough to cut him without adding somebody better behind Seneca Wallace , I don't know what to tell ya , going with just two guys after last years debacle is to run thru a Briar patch ,butt Nekid.

Let me know when we scoop up some linebackers .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL