Text Size

College Sports Arena

Jordan Hall, Travis Howard and Corey Brown

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Jordan Hall, Travis Howard and Corey Brown

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:17 pm

Improper benefits to all.

Allegedly < $300, which if true means one game suspension and repayment and they'll be fine (if true)

That said: DUMBASSES
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Jordan Hall, Travis Howard and Corey Brown

Unread postby fairvis » Thu Sep 01, 2011 5:19 pm

Goddamn it. Just 2 of the top 4 corners and our starting RB/PR/KR. Nice.

Get ready for a lot of Hyde and Smith this weekend, especially with Berry's hammy situation. 3 of the 5 schollie RBs may be out for the game. Ouch.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:51 pm

You've got to be kidding me.

Now? They did this shit now?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:41 am

From 11W -
ANOTHER THREE BITE THE DUST. Ignore everything I just said about the long and cold offseason being over. As if the Tat Five suspensions weren't buzzkill enough, Ohio State officials announced Thursday that another three players will be suspended for the season opener against Akron tomorrow. Junior RB Jordan Hall, Junior DB Travis Howard and Sophomore DB Corey Brown received impermissible benefits of up to $300 in total value at a charity event earlier this year. While current, unconfirmed, speculation claims the "impermissible benefits" were gift bags given to attendees at the event, taking a gift bag would be a no-no for someone whose standing as a student-athlete was their ticket to the event. Drew Tate probably thinks this rule sucks 83 times as much as the Charity Three do.

In case you're in need of a few silver linings to the latest dark cloud hovering over the Horseshoe, here they are:

1. We now have three more players we know won't get injured on Saturday.

2. We're playing Akron. While I wouldn't go as far as to say my grandmother could beat them, Gardner-Webb did last year. I'm simultaneously hoping that's close enough, and that I didn't just jinx something here.

3. They were doing charity, not hookers. Antonio Henton could not be reached for comment.

http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2011/09/friday-skull-session#more
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:52 am

The more you read and hear the more you come to the conclusion that there's not an epidemic at the university as much as there is an epidemic of really stupid kids being brought to any and all schools.

At least that's what I'm going with til the heat is somewhere else. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:The more you read and hear the more you come to the conclusion that there's not an epidemic at the university as much as there is an epidemic of really stupid kids being brought to any and all schools.

At least that's what I'm going with til the heat is somewhere else. ;-) ;) :wink:

Or a bunch of bullshit NCAA bylaws.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:53 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
peeker643 wrote:The more you read and hear the more you come to the conclusion that there's not an epidemic at the university as much as there is an epidemic of really stupid kids being brought to any and all schools.

Maybe. But that simply doesn't matter. Your school's under the bright lights of an NCAA and media inquisition and you take cash now? You'd have to be a goddamn moron regardles of how effed up the rules may be.

Someone who got a 7 on his wonderlic would call those guys morons.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:07 pm

Sure Peeks, but if it was really a gift bag that everyone at the charity event got (this is all rumor at this point) then it is a pretty shitty NCAA rule.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:36 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Sure Peeks, but if it was really a gift bag that everyone at the charity event got (this is all rumor at this point) then it is a pretty shitty NCAA rule.

I agree.

But dude, come on. At this point if someone delivers a paper to their apartment door by mistake they should be asking if they can keep it.

How you can't have your head on a swivel right now down there is ridiculous to me. If anyone gives you anything ask the question. They don't ask in large part because they don't want to hear the answer IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:39 pm

No doubt, but a bag w/ a breast cancer awareness mouse pad, T and other "trinkets" strikes me as a shrug and walk away thing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:06 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No doubt, but a bag w/ a breast cancer awareness mouse pad, T and other "trinkets" strikes me as a shrug and walk away thing.

What all these players should do is send a formal notice and request for ruling to the NCAA for each and every single item someone wants to hand them. Mouse pads, trinkets, newspapers, bananas from a continental breakfast, birthday cards, t-shirts, etc., etc., etc.

Bog those assholes in the NCAA offices down with every single potential free item and then stand back and watch the smoke billow from the shit machine.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:07 pm

From what I have heard, this is not about "gift bags". We don't know for sure what it was, but at least one source has confirmed that it wasn't gift bags. A free round of golf might be more likely...just speculating obviously.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:27 pm

skatingtripods wrote:

Last season, a college basketball player (I think at Southern Miss) bought a parking pass off the team's student assistant that he no longer needed.

He got suspended for improper benefits because the team student assistant is considered a staff member.

Archaic, stupid bullshit.

No way the schools even know all these rules and no way they could properly convey them to the student athletes.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:48 pm

FWIW: if they took free golf or something of that ilk during this whole meltdown they redefine dumb.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:56 pm

fairvis wrote: Get ready for a lot of Hyde and Smith this weekend, especially with Berry's hammy situation.

This is a good thing.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Don't players get really nice gift bags at bowl games?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:18 pm

shut up CDT, dan already said it's not gift bags.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 03, 2011 12:20 am

e0y2e3 wrote:shut up CDT, dan already said it's not gift bags.

And you believe that shill?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:31 pm

They took cash. Couple hundred bucks.

Ohio State University announced Friday that three football players suspended for taking $200 at a Cleveland charity event earlier this year will miss the upcoming Toledo game.

This is the bigger issue, one that prompted me to call them idiots...

Adding to the football team's recent troubles, a statement by the NCAA indicated the university will face more scrutiny over the most recent rules transgression.

The "facts submitted by the university have raised further questions that need to be answered before the reinstatement process is complete," the NCAA said.

The three players violated NCAA rules by taking $200 at a Cleveland charity event earlier this year, according to records released Thursday.

The records indicated the athletes gave varying accounts for why they received the money and who they received it from.

Varying accounts surely because they're naive and were duped by people preying on that naivete. Definitely not entitled, selfish and stupid given the circumstances.

Y'all can go and tell me how underprivileged kids are gobbled up by a corrupt system and that this was a nominal amount of money. You can tell me it happens everywhere.

True.

I call them stupid because of the circumstances. Not mutually exclusive.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby furls » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:40 pm

Varying accounts surely because they're naive and were duped by people preying on that naivete. Definitely not entitled, selfish and stupid given the circumstances.

Boy Brian, I hope you are basing this on your direct interaction with these guys (or perhaps reliable second hand info). I would hate to think that you are implying that every NCAAF player is the same, particularly guys volunteering at a charity event.

Everything I have EVER heard about these guys is that they are all ideal teammates, great guys and that they are revered by their coaches. I am not familiar enough with the NCAA bylaws to say how stupid they are. I am not sure if there are any provisions for reimbursement for non profit events (I would tend to think so, but I would also think that it would have to be more above board than grabbing cash out of some guys hand), of if these guys just took a 200 handshake or what, nor do we know the timeframe of the event.

I would hope that they could at least give these guys gas money up and down I-71. Not excusing what could be dumb actions, I am just sick of the sanctimonious, rush to judgment bullshit from the media and the fans.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby pup » Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:46 pm

You are allowed to be reimbursed for the expenses you incur to attend the charity event.

Of course, that money normally comes in the form of a check from the charity. Not an envelope under the table.

If these guys don't know that they cannot take $200 cash from a former teammate after everything they have been through, they are as dumb as their former QB.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:39 pm

I've been to several charity events where they pay people who work them cash. It's not uncommon.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:43 pm

Everything I have EVER heard about these guys is that they are all ideal teammates, great guys and that they are revered by their coaches..

You're so wrong, Furls. How can you take the word of people who know them over those who don't?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby pup » Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I've been to several charity events where they pay people who work them cash. It's not uncommon.

How many of those people were division 1 football players who just spent months being scrutinized for selling their own things?

The cash is to reimburse what you spent to attend. Think they turned in receipts that totaled $200? And why didn't the other 2 players that attended get the same reimbursement?

The kids fucked up. Which makes them either stupid or just flat out not giving a fuck. Either way, not good.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:27 am

Or maybe they just received payment for services rendered. I think that's a possibility.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:27 am

furls wrote:

Boy Brian, I hope you are basing this on your direct interaction with these guys (or perhaps reliable second hand info). I would hate to think that you are implying that every NCAAF player is the same, particularly guys volunteering at a charity event.

Everything I have EVER heard about these guys is that they are all ideal teammates, great guys and that they are revered by their coaches. I am not familiar enough with the NCAA bylaws to say how stupid they are. I am not sure if there are any provisions for reimbursement for non profit events (I would tend to think so, but I would also think that it would have to be more above board than grabbing cash out of some guys hand), of if these guys just took a 200 handshake or what, nor do we know the timeframe of the event.

I would hope that they could at least give these guys gas money up and down I-71. Not excusing what could be dumb actions, I am just sick of the sanctimonious, rush to judgment bullshit from the media and the fans.

"Given the circumstances...."

It's not complicated. Really. And they didn't 'volunteer' if 'volunteer means donate your time for a cause. They were paid more money than many people make for a full day's work. There are people on these boards who would rightfully kill for a $200/day job. Many of them with college educations and student loans they owe on.

Given the circumstances doing what they did is selfish and stupid. Like I said, I understand that's not going to go over well with alum and people more invested than I am.

Makes it no less true.

And that's not being a good teammate. You can have at it all day and call me what you will, but taking that cash fucking money without checking to see if it was cool or even confirming they could be there is stupid and selfish. Most of the time that's the antithesis of 'good teammate'. Regardless of who you're playing, 'good teammates' are typically the ones on the field with you and not the ones serving NCAA/University suspensions that come less than a couple months after 5 more good teammates were suspended and your program was hung on a cross to the joy and glee of the nation.

Tired of the excuses. People try and minimize the story down there initially with it being 'breast cancer charity gift bags'. That's fucking sick. I mean it really is. Could there be a more sympathetic excuse?

It was simply fucking money. And it was simply fucking stupid.

I guess ymmv. I just don't know how.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Or maybe they just received payment for services rendered. I think that's a possibility.

No it is not. You cannot be paid for services rendered. You can be reimbursed for the costs you incur to attend the function. That is all.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby furls » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 pm

peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:

"Given the circumstances...."

It's not complicated. Really. And they didn't 'volunteer' if 'volunteer means donate your time for a cause. They were paid more money than many people make for a full day's work. There are people on these boards who would rightfully kill for a $200/day job. Many of them with college educations and student loans they owe on.

Given the circumstances doing what they did is selfish and stupid. Like I said, I understand that's not going to go over well with alum and people more invested than I am.

Makes it no less true.

And that's not being a good teammate. You can have at it all day and call me what you will, but taking that cash fucking money without checking to see if it was cool or even confirming they could be there is stupid and selfish. Most of the time that's the antithesis of 'good teammate'. Regardless of who you're playing, 'good teammates' are typically the ones on the field with you and not the ones serving NCAA/University suspensions that come less than a couple months after 5 more good teammates were suspended and your program was hung on a cross to the joy and glee of the nation.

Tired of the excuses. People try and minimize the story down there initially with it being 'breast cancer charity gift bags'. That's fucking sick. I mean it really is. Could there be a more sympathetic excuse?

It was simply fucking money. And it was simply fucking stupid.

I guess ymmv. I just don't know how.

Yeah, it usually is a good idea to characterize a person based on a single event and preconceived notions. Throw in some stereotyping and it sounds like good analysis. Boy I hope you never do a single stupid thing in your life.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:20 pm

pup wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Or maybe they just received payment for services rendered. I think that's a possibility.

No it is not. You cannot be paid for services rendered. You can be reimbursed for the costs you incur to attend the function. That is all.

Actually you can be paid for services rendered. They were.

You just can't do it and play college football. ;-) ;) :wink:

They knew this. They took the money.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:49 pm

Rusty Miller

AP: AD says #OhioState must answer questions from NCAA before 3 players suspended for accepting $200 can return to team. http://huff.to/qyzsn8
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Starting to sound like OSU got a pretty big slap across the wrist for claiming the players would play today:

rustymillerap Rusty Miller
AP: AD Gene Smith on 3 suspended players playing at Miami: "No, I'm not confident. We do have to provide some more information to the NCAA"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:36 am

nm- just not worth it.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:48 pm

peeker643 wrote:nm- just not worth it.

What? No more preaching? C'mon, Cotton Mather, let's hear more of your incredible character assessments.

;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:07 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

What? No more preaching? C'mon, Cotton Mather, let's hear more of your incredible character assessments.

Nope. Nothing gets through the impenetrable scarlet vests. These are just young kids who deserve our love and forgiveness. Unless they're from Free Shoes Univ or The U. Then they're fucking low life criminals.

You guys can judge when it's convenient for you to do so. You don't need me to excel there.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

Nope. Nothing gets through the impenetrable scarlet vests. These are just young kids who deserve our love and forgiveness. Unless they're from Free Shoes Univ or The U. Then they're fucking low life criminals.

You guys can judge when it's convenient for you to do so. You don't need me to excel there.

lol.

I was just breaking balls. I put the winking smiley in there.

And we can also pretend you know who Cotton Mather is. (which is a brilliant reference) ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:01 pm

Of course we know who Cotton Mather is. I just dont understand what the 2nd leading receiver on the 1986 SW Mississippi St team has to do with anything. are you saying he received impermissible benefits?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:05 pm

Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:13 pm

^^^^yeah, that's him. Terrible hands but fast as shit.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:32 pm

Mather might be Peek's great great great great great great great grandfather. They look very similar. Instead of The Devil In New England, it's The Devil In Columbus.

Powdered wigs are coming back.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Mather might be Peek's great great great great great great great grandfather. They look very similar. Instead of The Devil In New England, it's The Devil In Columbus.

Powdered wigs are coming back.

He looks familiar. Striking fellow. Strong features.

But don't worry. Everything's fine down there. Big win against UT (the Texas of the MAC as I understand it) while those three stupid..errr...ignorant...err...naive victims of the NCAA who are wonderful teammates serve out a suspension that's a gross miscarriage of justice. All for their child-like naivete that occurred about 7 minutes after their coach was hanged and their administrators finished explaining that other 'kids will be kids' thing.

Carry on. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:26 pm

I changed my mind, uncle Cotton. You get the stake ready and i'll stoke the pyre.

Fact: Jordan Hall turned my neighbor into a newt.

It's funny because you used to the winking smiley.

I still remember when you said "fuck you, Mr. Moral Compass" to Jfill, that was fun.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:40 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I changed my mind, uncle Cotton. You get the stake ready and i'll stoke the pyre.

I still remember when you said "fuck you, Mr. Moral Compass" to Jfill, that was fun.

Holy Ted Ginn Jr. A KO return for a TD and 59 seconds later a PR for a TD.

I spoke nothing in regard to their morality.

I said they were stupid for doing what they did when they did it.

And those who can't own it (but who are fine with judging kids/criminals at other schools) make me laugh. :lmfao:

Disputing it's stupid is stupid.

Nothing to do with morality.

You sound like a politician spinning an uncomfortable truth into something else entirely. I understand the tactic. It works with regularity. I'm just not getting sidetracked with Cotton Mather blather. ;-) ;) :wink:

It's just insulting when the best I get is that my life needs to be perfect for me to say what I said or that it's throwing morality stones.

It's not. It's a simple statement of opinion backed up by the fact that hat they did is stupid. Buckeye fans act like you're anally raping their Labs should you be critical of their poor, naive, oppressed student athletes. :nanner:

Stupid is as stupid does. :thud:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:52 pm

it's just insulting when the best I get is that my life needs to be perfect for me to say what I said or that it's throwing morality stones.

Good.

That was my goal, to insult you.

Like I said, i'm just breaking balls, but obviously serious time is serious.

Now address my neighbor the newt, asshole.

oh almost forgot ;-) ;) :wink:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Now adress my neighbor the newt, asshole.

oh almost forgot ;-) ;) :wink:

I don't even know the dude's name. If he's an ex-Buckeye I suggest you check to make sure your wallet is still there and that your garden hose hasn't been stolen. :nanner:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:05 pm

lol.

I ran over my own damn hose with the mower today..
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:10 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:lol.

I ran over my own damn hose with the mower today..

Good. That happens again just stick your hand under there and free the obstruction.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby furls » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:05 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I changed my mind, uncle Cotton. You get the stake ready and i'll stoke the pyre.

Holy Ted Ginn Jr. A KO return for a TD and 59 seconds later a PR for a TD.

I spoke nothing in regard to their morality.

I said they were stupid for doing what they did when they did it.

And those who can't own it (but who are fine with judging kids/criminals at other schools) make me laugh. :lmfao:

Disputing it's stupid is stupid.

Nothing to do with morality.

You sound like a politician spinning an uncomfortable truth into something else entirely. I understand the tactic. It works with regularity. I'm just not getting sidetracked with Cotton Mather blather. ;-) ;) :wink:

It's just insulting when the best I get is that my life needs to be perfect for me to say what I said or that it's throwing morality stones.

It's not. It's a simple statement of opinion backed up by the fact that hat they did is stupid. Buckeye fans act like you're anally raping their Labs should you be critical of their poor, naive, oppressed student athletes. :nanner:

Stupid is as stupid does. :thud:

Nope Peek, you missed the point. Is taking money stupid, yep. Do you understand/know all the facts? I don't. If you do, please enlighten me. All I have is rumors. Rumors I got is that it was some charity event in Feb of this year.

I am just sick of the self righteous bullshit, you throw out words like self entitled and crap like that about people you have never met. Now you can say that they made a mistake, you can say they did something stupid, but what you cannot characterize a person based on one observation.

Please point me to all your data points that label these three guys as entitled. Is this event one? Yep. So can I characterize you as a criminal because of a speeding ticket? It is stupid self righteous bullshit. I said nothing of them being naive or ignorant of the rules, ignorance of the law does not absolve you from it.

In my last post re: this topic I said, "I hope you never do anything wrong in your life," because I mean it. Calling someone entitled, and they may well be I don't know, is a pretty serious thing (particularly if you have never had any interaction or second hand interaction with them). You are painting all these guys with the same brush and it really isn't fair. Wanna blame it on my scarlet colored goggles, well then do so, but frankly I don't call any of these guys names (unless they play for scUM).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:26 pm

Nope Peek, you missed the point. Is taking money stupid, yep. Do you understand/know all the facts? I don't. If you do, please enlighten me. All I have is rumors. Rumors I got is that it was some charity event in Feb of this year.

They took money they shouldn't have taken at an event they didn't seek permission to attend. End of story. That's all you need to know given they were suspended for it. And February is after the shit with the Tat5.

Please point me to all your data points that label these three guys as entitled. Is this event one? Yep. So can I characterize you as a criminal because of a speeding ticket?

That's the event and the resulting suspension we're talking about, no? So you can tell me they're entitled based on that or agree they're entitled based on that but I can't say that in the first place in regard to this event?

Calling someone entitled, and they may well be I don't know, is a pretty serious thing (particularly if you have never had any interaction or second hand interaction with them). You are painting all these guys with the same brush and it really isn't fair.

Yeah, it is fair. As you said above they felt entitled to take the money for this event. The event the entire suspension and conversation is based upon. You know I have mad respect for you Mike but IMO your last post validates the point I made that as a member of the Buckeye family/alum you can say what's what. But someone else dare say it and those same family members go to DEFCON 2.

They're suspended and admitted taking cash. Negligence per se. Maybe it is the only instance of entitlement any of the three have ever exhibited. But they still exhibited it. I've known and been around professional athletes my entire adult life for the most part. They're by and large entitled. So much so that it's striking when they're not. Maybe that colors my perspective. Or maybe guys that have been handed things since they were in Pop Warner leagues because of their athletic ability are typically entitled.

Maybe they know no better. But even then they shouldn't be stupid enough to put their hand in the cookie jar after it just slammed shut on their buddies while they watched it happen.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:41 pm

So I guess it's entirely impossible it was just an honest mistake.

Didn't you learn anything from Fredo's fishing trip? You never go against the family.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:So I guess it's entirely impossible it was just an honest mistake.

Didn't you learn anything from Fredo's fishing trip? You never go against the family.

I understand it completely. The alumnae at Bowling Green are equally homer-ific and ruthless. ;-) ;) :wink:

At least they were before football was stricken from the athletic budget many, many years ago.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Next

Return to College Sports Arena