Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: 92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:20 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I do

So those scrotums that assholes hang from the bumper of their car are modeled after yours?

That, sir, makes you a legend.

Holy sht I hate those things. Hate them. And I hate anyone who thinks they are cool. And I hate to thinknthat my old man balls arenin any way responsible for that.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:22 pm

BTW Moohead, I just got my new microwave up and running. Right now it's nuking a froze General Tsos like goddamn Chernobyl.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Have been addicted to this all day.

When Andy Baskin is your weakest sports talk show host, and could easily be the best on WKNR at this point. You've got a damn good LOCAL sports talk station.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby moohead » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:16 pm

Beautiful. Note how the thread took off after I posted something opinionated and biased?

Sports talk personalities can do the same thing but far better.

As for Classic Rock...it is amazing how a revolution has been reduced to 100 songs. Odd.

Moo

PS- Hope you get that General Tso's cooled off. Burned roof of mouth is a bitch.
moohead

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:22 pm

Spin wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Do you still have classic rock stations up there, or is it all sub-humans doing what they think is sports radio?

Two. One in Clevelaand that plays the same loop of 12 70's songs, and one in Akron that plays the same loop of 12 80's songs. 60 years of rock music and they think we want to hear the same 12 songs over and over again, year after year.

And then bitch about the ratings...

What about WRQK and it's obsession with playing shitty "metal" like three days grace, breaking benjamin and disturbed?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:50 pm

moohead wrote:Beautiful. Note how the thread took off after I posted something opinionated and biased?

You've got to be kidding me.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

Triple-S wrote:
Spin wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Do you still have classic rock stations up there, or is it all sub-humans doing what they think is sports radio?

Two. One in Clevelaand that plays the same loop of 12 70's songs, and one in Akron that plays the same loop of 12 80's songs. 60 years of rock music and they think we want to hear the same 12 songs over and over again, year after year.

And then bitch about the ratings...

What about WRQK and it's obsession with playing shitty "metal" like three days grace, breaking benjamin and disturbed?

All radio music sucks. That's why some jackass talk show host can take over a top timeslot on a music station by talking about nothing.

"There goes the last DJ, who plays what he wants to play, and says what he wants to say, hey hey hey. There goes your freedom of choice, there goes the last human voice..."
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:29 am

KRK's morning show is a big departure from ESPN's and Fox's shows.

They don't move from topic to topic very quickly, it seems like they don't want to touch on something and then go back to it later.

Also it seems centered on national news.

If I were going up against M&M and Z&J on a station that sells itself as "local", I'd make the morning show local. Be different than the others. Not a lethargic version of them.
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:39 am

Spin wrote:He doesn't work for KNR, he just stops in when they need to record some sound bytes.

Wish I had that talent. Being a BIG VOICE guy would be epic...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:57 am

All that talk about toilets had me in there taking a dump.

REACT TO ME!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:37 am

Finally got around to listening to Kiley and Boom.

Seemed amusing and worth listening to. The comedian had kind of a Dennis Miller vibe to him. (not that he's as talented as Miller was in his prime, but I digress). I prefer it slightly over Zach and Jack, and definitly over Mike and Mike which can get stale and dull quick.

And to be fair to the morning crew, being in Cleveland is somewhat new to them. I imagine they'll have a multitude of Cleveland based topics they'll do in the near future. And at the same time, I don't really have a problem with them going National in terms of topics.

Grading for this versus KNR goes like this for me

Kiley and Booms-B+ (Enjoyed it, even laughed a few times)
Andy Baskin-B-(I agree with Swerb, needs a guy with him that he can play the straight man to)
Bull and Fox-B (Bull seems like a Vet., and Fox brought some quality takes from the local side)
Ken Carman-A (flat out fun to listen to. Knows his stuff and can be quite entertaining to boot)

WKNR
Munch-D (I'll give points to the guy for being local, but his optimistic cartoony voice makes me cringe)
Really Big Show-C (Fedor and Hammer dominating the show make it unlistenable. has it's moments, but it's fallen from grace with the lack of actual sports talk)
Reghi and Rhoda-D (Bump and Run is awful, and it's only redeeming quality is the prank callers)
Vic Carrucci-B (Dude's a pro, brings some solid guests onto the program, and makes a propoganda type show a must download for podcasts)
X's and O's-B (Takes are unique and interesting. Kind of have a Jason Whitlock feel to them.)
Gamenight w/Fedor-C (I'll actually give him his due in some areas. By himself he's "eh", seems to do his homework, and will even allow the caller to voice their opinion. But he can be stubborn as a mule on some of the stupidest topics. Clausen over McCoy come to mind)
Brinda-D (How did they let the "Angry Old Man' from SNL get a job in radio?)

Triple-S

Unread postby idoctribefan » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:27 am

Caught about 10 minutes of tRBS on the way to work today. Some guy called in to complain about how it seems Hammer is running the show and coming up with stupid gimmicks like today's "Love Letter to Peyton Hillis". Guy said he loves Rizz and Rizz should act more like the show's main guy. Guy then mentions how he's got another option for Cleveland sports radio now and so they should get their act together. Hammer tells the guy to change the channel then. Rizz then spends 60 seconds praising Hammer about how important he is to the show and to KNR.

Anyway I had completely forgotten the rumors about 92.3 going sportstalk so I flipped over to give it a listen. Only heard the last 2-3 minutes of Kiley and Booms. Sounds like Kiley needs to do a little homework on his Cleveland sports but I'm sure he'll improve exponentially. 10am Baskin came on and introduced his show. Then Manoloff started talking and I was glad that I had arrived at work.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:36 am

Kiley clearly needs to get more in touch with the Cleveland sports scene. He's a talented radio guy. It's clear he just started paying attention to our teams, and it sounds like it.

Booms was hysterical this morning. The last half hour on Tiger Woods was outstanding.

92.3 needs to get Rizzo away from those two idiots and pair him with Baskin.

Not a big fan of The Bull and The Fox.

It's really this simple. Do your homework. Know the teams inside and out. Know this fan base. Be entertaining. Get some good guests.

The entertaining part is easier said than done. Fact KNR has not hired anyone entertaining since Sindelar in like 1988 says it all. The other stuff is all controllable.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Cease » Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:28 pm

Regarding ad sales- as a CBS Radio station, 92.3 has the CBS Radio ad reps in market. The same guys selling WDOK, WNCX, & Q104 simply switch from selling old radio92.3 to new 92.3THEFAN. The boots are already on the ground, so to speak. I know these reps, they are good at what they do. KNR reps have only one station to sell (IIRC). The slope might be steep and quick as CBS Radio moves advertisers to it's new outlet and start to target KNR advertisers who now have to pay attention to alternatives.

Ahh, ad sales. Love it or leave it...
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Spin » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:05 pm

Cease wrote:Regarding ad sales- as a CBS Radio station, 92.3 has the CBS Radio ad reps in market. The same guys selling WDOK, WNCX, & Q104 simply switch from selling old radio92.3 to new 92.3THEFAN. The boots are already on the ground, so to speak. I know these reps, they are good at what they do. KNR reps have only one station to sell (IIRC). The slope might be steep and quick as CBS Radio moves advertisers to it's new outlet and start to target KNR advertisers who now have to pay attention to alternatives.

Ahh, ad sales. Love it or leave it...

Think we can take up a collection and pay the station to not run Nissan of North Olmsted commercials??? Let them stay with Hammer and Reghi, the perfect match. :fu:
Spin

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:49 pm

I have enjoyed every show this week on TheFan. Reminds me of what I felt like back when the first all sports station came out. I think it was 1220 or 1420, I can't remember, but I remember listening to it all the time, like I have listened to TheFan this week.

I had listened to Rover for a couple of years, but the way he was toward Maxwell last week, just primed me up for a new show. I can't get AM at work, so FM is my only choice, and I have been in listening heaven this week. I hope they can make it work financially and keep the new format up and running.
WarAdmiral

Unread postby Spin » Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:22 am

These guys are starting to grow on me. Especially the morning crew. They're settling in to Cleveland, and I'm settling in to their style.
Spin

Unread postby Zip Watcher » Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:15 pm

I'm liking this station quite a bit more than I thought I would. It appears they have a pretty firm structure that each show follows, including a pertinent guest about every hour. They're prepared, ask good questions, and get out of the way and let the guest answer & discuss.

There's way less about the personalities of the host, and more about the teams, players .. owners .. etc.

I like this.

My only complaint thus far (and it's a small one), is that they couldn't get Les Levine as the full time co-host w/ Baskin. I like Phelps & I like Baskin .. but they're pretty similar guys. The Friday with Baskin and Levine might have been the best segment on the station thus far.

One upside to Baskin & Phelps is that they'll bring a bit more MAC to the airways if it merits it, and they're not shills for OSU. They recognize there are other games in town.

Go Zips.
5 Consecutive Title Game Appearances
2 bids in the last 3 years
14-3 @ the Q the last 5 years
Real cagers from Akron don't EVER quit.
Zip Watcher

Favorite Player: Jimmy Conyers
Least Favorite Player: Quitters

Unread postby Spin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:25 am

Oh hell he went there...
:hide:
Spin

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:48 pm

Zip Watcher wrote:I'm liking this station quite a bit more than I thought I would. It appears they have a pretty firm structure that each show follows, including a pertinent guest about every hour. They're prepared, ask good questions, and get out of the way and let the guest answer & discuss.

There's way less about the personalities of the host, and more about the teams, players .. owners .. etc.

I like this.

My only complaint thus far (and it's a small one), is that they couldn't get Les Levine as the full time co-host w/ Baskin. I like Phelps & I like Baskin .. but they're pretty similar guys. The Friday with Baskin and Levine might have been the best segment on the station thus far.

One upside to Baskin & Phelps is that they'll bring a bit more MAC to the airways if it merits it, and they're not shills for OSU. They recognize there are other games in town.

Go Zips.

42-0
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Spin » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:22 pm

When are the Bucks gonna play us in basketball? :pigs:
Spin

Unread postby pup » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:34 pm

Spin wrote:When are the Bucks gonna play us in basketball? :pigs:

When you are worth the energy to turn on the lights.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:34 pm

meh, misread it and didn't think my response warrented it.
Last edited by Triple-S on Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Triple-S

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:43 pm

What a retarded over reaction for...

"One upside to Baskin & Phelps is that they'll bring a bit more MAC to the airways if it merits it, and they're not shills for OSU. They recognize there are other games in town."

...or maybe he fogot to add the t to tOSU.
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I honestly haven't the least bit listened to knr still for about...3 weeks?

I'm amazed 'knr has not made any moves yet or if people are even still listening to them at this point

The fresh blood to me, is paying off. I also enjoy the fact that roles of "Good cop/bad cop" are rarely played and there's a nice flow from commercials back to the actual talk itself. Also, callers! Most underrated aspect of the whole thing.

I also rarely have to listen to a long diatribe about things unrelated to sports. This is a good thing. And even on the rare occasion? It doesn't come off as douchey or the unrelated topic isn't about American Idol or Dancing with the Stars. The guys that speak on them seem to also be easy to relate to.

Ken Carman and Dustin Fox give a solid, informed local voice to the station. The Bull may not be perfect and maybe out of town, but at least makes the effort to discuss Cleveland sports with a bit of passion. Booms is a funny guy, again he reminds me of a poor man's Dennis Miller. He also doesn't try for the shock value laughs like the other guys down the dial. I'm also glad to see Phelps getting work with Baskins, Dude was funny and was the most underrated piece of the RBS for a long time along with Sabo.

Again, I'm really curious if there's been a mass exodus away from WKNR at this point. I'm not sure who's honestly still listening to them at this point.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:41 pm

I do from time to time, like when KRK's signal drops out down here. Nothing has changed there.

The only factor I can see WKNR surviving the "war", is sports talk is all Good Karma does. CBS Radio is into everything. If WKNR doesn't reach it's projections, they're likely to stick it out, make a couple changes. If WKRK doesn't, CBS will change the format like we change socks.

Like ClearChannel did our local afternoon drive show on WARF...
Spin

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:46 pm

The Bull and the Fox is a disaster. I really feel bad for the people that call into those guys and ask them for their opinions on sports.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby skatingtripods » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:47 pm

swerb wrote:The Bull and the Fox is a disaster. I really feel bad for the people that call into those guys and ask them for their opinions on sports.

And like I said above, it's in their most important time slot.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby paulcousineau » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:08 pm

Baskin and Phelps are just not interesting /interested enough to hold my attention. My hope was that Phelps would be the foil for Baskin (who I do like), then I realized that it was Jeff Phelps and the same stuff that he thought was funny when he was doing Channel 43 sportscasts 20 years ago is still his wheelhouse.

Thank goodness Dan Patrick is on during their time slot.
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:10 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
swerb wrote:The Bull and the Fox is a disaster. I really feel bad for the people that call into those guys and ask them for their opinions on sports.

And like I said above, it's in their most important time slot.

The only thing this show has is Bull's pull from working in the NY market. Fox just seems like a CBS attempt to bring in tOSU fan but he's been a bit of a disaster so far.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:33 pm

paulcousineau wrote:Baskin and Phelps are just not interesting /interested enough to hold my attention. My hope was that Phelps would be the foil for Baskin (who I do like), then I realized that it was Jeff Phelps and the same stuff that he thought was funny when he was doing Channel 43 sportscasts 20 years ago is still his wheelhouse.

Thank goodness Dan Patrick is on during their time slot.

Spot on. They really need to get Baskin an entertaining co-host. I think him and Rizzo would actually work well if they could get rid of that batch of losers from Rizzo's show.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:37 pm

Turned it over to 92.3 after the Browns games.

Heard the BSK.

Click.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:10 pm

Bull would be better on his own. LMAO, I actually liked BSK. I know that makes the rest of my posts forever moot (if they weren't already). I guess I sometimes allow people to be uninformed if they are a bit entertaining. Hell, I'll listen to someone from the complete opposite POV if they are entertaining, such as Bob Beckel.

This is the opposite of Dustin Fox. Great you played at OSU, but its so forced that it actually hurts the true broadcaster making him seem like a total hack.

Otherwise relative to 'KNR its light years better, and since I don't really much care for the national shows (or Moohead), I'm a listner.
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:28 pm

Dustin Fox = Nails on a chalkboard at this point

Maybe he can get better, but I am not sure I can handle hearing him try.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:33 pm

pup wrote:Dustin Fox = Nails on a chalkboard at this point

He's awful. I don't think he can get any better.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:35 pm

swerb wrote:

You are probably correct. Never got better as a DB, why would he as talker?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:32 am

So can you guys tell me if their is a show worth streaming at work yet or not in Cleveland?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby pup » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:02 am

e0y2e3 wrote:So can you guys tell me if their is a show worth streaming at work yet or not in Cleveland?

The AM duo is not stick a fork in your ear bad. So as long as that is the criteria, yes.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:04 am

Well, The Morning Jones went away when The Score and Sirius split so I may give it a shot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:07 am

pup wrote:
swerb wrote:

You are probably correct. Never got better as a DB, why would he as talker?

There was just no need to plug him in there for any reason. 'KNR can have all these washed up athletes that have little talent.
Orenthal

Unread postby swerb » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:23 pm

pup wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:So can you guys tell me if their is a show worth streaming at work yet or not in Cleveland?

The AM duo is not stick a fork in your ear bad. So as long as that is the criteria, yes.

Yeah, the 6-10 AM show is worth it. I think you'd like it. Booms is hysterical. Nothing else is worth your time.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby paulcousineau » Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:59 pm

swerb wrote:
pup wrote:

Yeah, the 6-10 AM show is worth it. I think you'd like it. Booms is hysterical. Nothing else is worth your time.

I caught the night guy (Ken Carman) one night while running errands and he was not bad.
But yeah, this...
Indians Fever...Be a Believer!
paulcousineau
Celebrity

Unread postby Spin » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm

I haven't listened to all the shows long enough to know them apart besides Kiley and Booms, (the one time I can consistently listen) and Ken Carman who I listened to and called when he was one 1350.

The rest still all run together for me. I get a half hour here, an hour there. Nothing jumps out at me yet about the rest.

Fuckit, they're still better than the freak show at KNR. Although some of the callers have the KNR mentality...
Spin

Unread postby mistero » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:45 am

I guess everyone has their own tastes. I hate Booms. Hate him, more than any radio personality I've ever heard. I hated him when he was on Les Levine's show years ago. Can't stand him.

I liek Bull and Fox. I think Fox has been pretty even kealed and informational.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:18 am

mistero wrote:I guess everyone has their own tastes. I hate Booms. Hate him, more than any radio personality I've ever heard. I hated him when he was on Les Levine's show years ago. Can't stand him.

I liek Bull and Fox. I think Fox has been pretty even kealed and informational.

Fox just seems slow to react to questions and seems unprepared at times for whatever discussion is being had. He's abysmal on anything but football and he makes no difference when discussing that IMO.

I've listened a few times to each show when I can. It's superior to KNR AFAIC but it's still nothing I have to hear every day.

I am wondering what the point of having Marv Levy as a guest this morning was. No connection to Cleveland at all and when they tried to ask him about McCoy and the Browns he was understandably generic in his response. No sense in local show having a guest like that. The national guys get Marv Levy and they can tie it to something else. Getting a HoF guest just for the sake of getting him does nothing for me.

They're still in the formative stages for sure but overall? Average at best (which, as mentioned earlier, still beats anyone else in town).
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:40 am

I've tried and still can't do it.

I miss The Morning Jones a lot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mistero » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Maybe Dustin Fox sucks in general. If they are not talking Browns I change the channel. He seems pretty good when speaking about the NFL.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby swerb » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:52 pm

mistero wrote:Maybe Dustin Fox sucks in general. If they are not talking Browns I change the channel. He seems pretty good when speaking about the NFL.

Yeah, listening to Dustin Fox talk about anything but football sounds like listening to some clueless 18 year old kid.

Even when talking football ... eh.

Seems like a good guy. In way over his head though. And very hard to listen to.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:33 pm

The winds of change sweeping through the Galleria...

myronfalwell Nathan Obral by ohiomediawatch
Reghi & Roda to move to 9p-12a. Rizz to stay in the 9a-1p slot. But only w/ Goldhammer, whose on-air role will be 'reduced.' @ohiomediawatch

Fedor moves to PMD as update anchor. Will Burge is the new Browns reporter. Roda takes like duties for the Indians & Cavs. @ohiomediawatch

Hearing from multiple sources: Bruce Hooley to team alongside Greg Brinda for WKNR PMD. Fedor, again, will be update anchor. @ohiomediawatch

I'd love to hear the first 9pm show just to hear how Reghi spins it and calls it a promotion rather than the obvious demotion.

Hooley and Brinda? Isn't the goal to actually have people tune in during drive time?

Hammer has a reduced role and Fedor going to the afternoon show? Looks like the RBS just got back a listener in Trip S
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:Hammer has a reduced role and Fedor going to the afternoon show? Looks like the RBS just got back a listener in Trip S

nah.

Fedor isn't half-bad when he's just hosting the night call-in show by himself. Don't ever listen to that due to Ken Carman having a show now though. I have an odd respect for him. Disagree with him on pretty much everything, and dislike the ways he talks about the bachelor and AI, but he mans up and answers when he's called out on something.

re-arranging the chairs on the titanic? we shall see. I just don't feel the need to tune in anymore. I flipped in for two secs. this morning and they were claiming Hillis was faking for a contract, and it was at that point I flipped it back to the Fan.

Triple-S

PreviousNext

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture