Text Size

No Holds Barred

Breaking news! Government to do job! Sort of...

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Breaking news! Government to do job! Sort of...

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:00 pm

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/08/18/ ... ?hpt=hp_t1

Administration is having DHS review pending deportation cases. They MIGHT actually start kicking out some of the felons with no right to be here. But that's it. Everyone else gets to stay. Pathetic.

Napolitano said the Obama administration has frequently pointed out "it makes no sense to expend our enforcement resources on low-priority cases, such as individuals... who were brought into this country as young children and know no other home."

Just so we're clear, according to the administration and the DHS secretary, "it makes no sense" to go after illegals if they came here illegally when they were young. :thud:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Breaking news! Government to do job! Sort of...

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm as hard on cracking down on illegals as anyone but I do understand prioritizing the use of resources to the more dangerous and criminal minded of all illegal aliens. This is just a political ploy anyway, trying to save some face among some voters. Theyre dumb to say "it makes no sense to expend our enforcement resources on low-priority cases, such as individuals... who were brought into this country as young children and know no other home."

...and 300,000 pending deportation cases? That's it?

These people round themselves up for use every year in Southeast LA, can't be that hard to put up a fence and put jobless truckers back to work.

I know I know, I'm a big meanie.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:28 pm

FUDU wrote:I'm as hard on cracking down on illegals as anyone but I do understand prioritizing the use of resources to the more dangerous and criminal minded of all illegal aliens. This is just a political ploy anyway, trying to save some face among some voters. Theyre dumb to say "it makes no sense to expend our enforcement resources on low-priority cases, such as individuals... who were brought into this country as young children and know no other home."

...and 300,000 pending deportation cases? That's it?

These people round themselves up for use every year in Southeast LA, can't be that hard to put up a fence and put jobless truckers back to work.

I know I know, I'm a big meanie.

300,000 pending cases is a joke. 15-20 million illegal aliens in the US by ICE's own count. The system is broken. And it's not "enforcement resources" when the people have already been caught and are in deportation proceedings. So they're full of shit. So frustrating.

Of course the felons should be deported first. But they should all already be LONG gone. It's pathetic.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:50 pm

Meh.

You're bitching about the wrong shit...... like always. You want to be pissed? Read the shit about how the ATF (a pile of garbage agency that should be dismantled) ARMED Mexican drug cartels by sheer incompetence (two of the guns that crossed the border was used in the murder of a BPA). Eric Holder should be fired and tossed off a fucking cliff.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/05 ... -drug.html

If you're serious (which you're not, it's all empty rhetoric and huff and puff) about cracking down on illegal aliens, you would advocate heavy fines for the businesses who hire them. But i'm sure the Republicans would think that's too "big government", can't go after the business guys, they pay the rent 'round DC.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm gonna start my own trucking company, based in SoCal. I'll call it I'm Gonna Get You Sucka Trucking, or SoCal Deportes. Those stupid fucks will come over thinking I'm selling soccer balls and next thing they know they'll wake up hours later in the Rio Grande.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:03 pm

FUDU wrote:I'm gonna start my own trucking company, based in SoCal. I'll call it I'm Gonna Get You Sucka Trucking, or SoCal Deportes. Those stupid fucks will come over thinking I'm selling soccer balls and next thing they know they'll wake up hours later in the Rio Grande.

Mmmmmmm i'm pretty sure that's illegal, dawg.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:04 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
FUDU wrote:I'm gonna start my own trucking company, based in SoCal. I'll call it I'm Gonna Get You Sucka Trucking, or SoCal Deportes. Those stupid fucks will come over thinking I'm selling soccer balls and next thing they know they'll wake up hours later in the Rio Grande.

Mmmmmmm i'm pretty sure that's illegal, dawg.

Two wrongs make a right!

FUDU

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:46 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Meh.

You're bitching about the wrong shit...... like always. You want to be pissed? Read the shit about how the ATF (a pile of garbage agency that should be dismantled) ARMED Mexican drug cartels by sheer incompetence (two of the guns that crossed the border was used in the murder of a BPA). Eric Holder should be fired and tossed off a fucking cliff.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2011/08/05 ... -drug.html

If you're serious (which you're not, it's all empty rhetoric and huff and puff) about cracking down on illegal aliens, you would advocate heavy fines for the businesses who hire them. But i'm sure the Republicans would think that's too "big government", can't go after the business guys, they pay the rent 'round DC.

Agree on all counts. ATF fucked up big time, Holder is a moron and we should be fining businesses that employ illegals. We should also be getting rid of the illegals that are here.

I'm not a "republican" as much as I'm conservative. I just wish sometimes that I was a centrist, then I could judge everyone equally. Not sure if you were referring to me or FUDU above, but I'm dead serious about getting rid of illegals, including the business angle.

I have all the respect in the world for people who go through the process to come here legally because they WANT to be American. I have no respect for line-jumpers who come here to suckle off the welfare/social handout teat.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:27 pm

I have no respect for line-jumpers who come here to suckle off the welfare/social handout teat.

I got no problem kicking people who do not work, out. But the majority come here to do shit jobs for no money to feed their families. They simply cannot wait the 5-10 years it takes our immigration system. Would you do if you were desperately poor and you could get work across the border? I'd cross with no hesitation, that's why I can't get bent over what they do. I'm lucky I was born here and not there.

We do need to do something about the cartel violence though. The problem is the Mexican authorities on the border are either on the payroll or killed. We got hitmen and kidnappers taking people from OUR streets, that cannot happen. Ever.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:53 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
I have no respect for line-jumpers who come here to suckle off the welfare/social handout teat.

I got no problem kicking people who do not work, out. But the majority come here to do shit jobs for no money to feed their families. They simply cannot wait the 5-10 years it takes our immigration system. Would you do if you were desperately poor and you could get work across the border? I'd cross with no hesitation, that's why I can't get bent over what they do. I'm lucky I was born here and not there.

But again that is not my or our problem, that reasoning is nothing more than a faux humanitarian justification of their actions. Until I see everyone who defends the illegals aliens (with such reasoning) sacrifice their time and resources to feed and house every other unfortunate person in the country/world I could give two shits about the "problems" of those entering our country illegally.

FUDU

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:

We do need to do something about the cartel violence though. The problem is the Mexican authorities on the border are either on the payroll or killed. We got hitmen and kidnappers taking people from OUR streets, that cannot happen. Ever.

In theory, the process for legitimate immigration wouldn't take as long if the overall immigration system weren't bogged down with illegals, but yes, I see your point.

The Mexicans lost their best chance to control their own country years ago. Now the corruption, drugs, violence, $$ are so systematic most of the crooks, cops and normal citizens just don't know any other way. It's institutionalized, and it sucks. You think our border sucks, take a look at the Mexico-Guatemala border. Even more of a nightmare. Curbing cartel violence north of the border goes part and parcel with excercizing positive control over the border though.

It's not an easy fix, it's not a quick fix, and it's not something that I claim to have all the answers to or a magic bullet for. But I know that providing amnesty to illegals already here is going to make matters worse, not better.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Aug 20, 2011 3:41 am

If you don't have a stub to prove you should get into a Browns game then you stay the fuck out, what's the difference....nothing.

If you don't like our rules get on a boat and try to enter another country, we don't give a flying fuck. Good luck with all that.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Biggest problem is letting Senior Executive Service people (guys above GS-15) move about freely between agencies. This practice was stopped after 9-11 for obvious reasons, but was once again restarted.*

*This info was passed to me from a former SES in ICE/Customs.

If true that is, um, dumb, and get ready for more Fast and Furious type simulations by ATF SES guys formerly of the Agriculture Department.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby gotribe31 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:17 pm

Orenthal wrote:Biggest problem is letting Senior Executive Service people (guys above GS-15) move about freely between agencies. This practice was stopped after 9-11 for obvious reasons, but was once again restarted.*

*This info was passed to me from a former SES in ICE/Customs.

If true that is, um, dumb, and get ready for more Fast and Furious type simulations by ATF SES guys formerly of the Agriculture Department.

That's not exactly how it works. All SES employees are subject to TDY's anywhere in the govt, and for the most part it is to make the SES'ers more well-rounded in terms of experience. For example, a CIA SES'er who is responsible for South America might get a 1-2 year TDY to Customs or DEA so they can better understand the overlapping equities between agencies. They don't do it just for the fun of it, and they have to compete for the jobs similar to if they were applying for the job "cold." So I actually think that it's a good idea, for the most part.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:44 pm

^I didn't press him for more info, but he made it sound worse then that in terms of moving agencies, that it was stopped after 9-11, but now being allowed again. I'll defer since I didn't press him and the convo started b4 I was around.

If you don't mind sharing (or if you're even allowed to share) what agency are you in? Just finished the first course of my Security Policy Studies masters program, and am on Research Methods/Program Evaluation. Trying to get a round-up on all the agencies outside of the easy to identify. Though my road will be more difficult, and will include local agencies, because, well, I wanna stay in Cleveland.

Oh and that instructor is a blogger here...
http://securitydebrief.com/
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:26 pm

Guess you have gotten over that whole Chipotle thing, eh? Or did your hate for illegals increase when you realized you'd been duped? :hide: :dingle:
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:32 pm

mattvan1 wrote:

Guess you have gotten over that whole Chipotle thing, eh? Or did your hate for illegals increase when you realized you'd been duped? :hide: :dingle:

AHAHAHHAAHHAHA! He'll never get over that. He misses stuffing that shitbomb garbage food in his piehole.

What a fucking brainless dipshit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:37 pm

matt you have no idea how much it hurts, smokers think going without nicotine is tough, pfft.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:01 pm

FUDU wrote:matt you have no idea how much it hurts, smokers think going without nicotine is tough, pfft.

Dawg, go eat your burritos. You boycotting them doesn't mean you stick to your principals. You probably use 100 items a day that was handled by illegals.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Honestly how do you even remotely come up with that number CDT?

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:40 pm

FUDU wrote:Honestly how do you even remotely come up with that number CDT?

You're focusing on the number?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Besides the poor grammar what else do you want me to focus on.

IOW here's an idea, have a point, it makes it so much more interesting for the listener...or in this case reader.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:12 pm

That drivel coming from you is some funny shit, holmes.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:17 pm

Are you also boycotting all fresh vegetables? Because my man, as a citizen of Lake County, I can tell you straight up there are illegals on nearly every farm and nursery here and in Ashtabula county. And I have a strong assumption that's the case in FLA, TX and CA.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:21 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Are you also boycotting all fresh vegetables? Because my man, as a citizen of Lake County, I can tell you straight up there are illegals on nearly every farm and nursery here and in Ashtabula county. And I have a strong assumption that's the case in FLA, TX and CA.

Even potato chips. Whadda you want to bet illegals are totally involved in picking and production?

They're involved in the pork, beef, and poultry industries too.

No food for you.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:22 pm

I ONLY EAT FROZEN VEGGIES DAMNIT!@peeker643.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:24 pm

That's a good choice, illegals HATE the cold.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby JJN » Wed Aug 24, 2011 2:46 am

But illegals are better for business by providing low-wage labor. And that money goes back into the economy when the illegal buys new wooden paneling for his minivan, or when their coyote buys a new Lexus, which makes more profits and more jobs for businesses. You wouldn't want to be anti-business, would you?

In all seriousness, its a massively complicated issue, beyond whether they should be here or not. If you want to spend the money to round them all up and ship them back, its going to take some serious money. Hiring tons on new agents and bureaucrats, lawyers, transportation and equipment costs - all big bucks. Tack on extra cash for civil settlements when the agents bust down the wrong door, detain actual US citizens, accidentally or otherwise kill some person in an unjustified manner - more big bucks. After all that, you have to really increase the subsidies going to farmers and agri-corps, because you are cutting into their bottom line. Those extra costs will be passed on to the consumers, so I hope you don't like eating domestically grown food at a reasonable price, whether you cook it yourself or you go to the restaurant. Get ready for the $2 shit food minimum price items at your fast food outlet.

$10 frozen burrito vs "They took our jobs!".

Some illegals are really dangerous, and break our laws. Deport them, imprison them, whatever. But as for the crime of being on US soil without an visa? Most of those illegals are putting money into our economy and other than not having a visa, are perfectly upstanding citizens. Its a witch hunt and a distraction from real issues.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Return to No Holds Barred