Text Size

College Sports Arena

Seastrunk Granted Release From Oregon

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Seastrunk Granted Release From Oregon

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:01 am

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootbal ... gon-082011

Am I crazy for kinda feeling bad for the kid? I get the feeling Lyles just used him as a walking paycheck.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Seastrunk Granted Release From Oregon

Unread postby furls » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:11 am

Yep, that is why these kids should do a better job picking their street agents. I mean, you can't just let anyone profit off of you and sell you to the highest bidder, I mean advise you.

On a serious note, this is exactly what is wrong with the street agents. In the case of Seastrunk, his mom is a single mom with no sign of the dad and granny raised him. He looked up to Lyles and Lyles sold him to the highest bidder. It is shitty.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Seastrunk Granted Release From Oregon

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:11 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/RB-Lache-Seastrunk-is-granted-his-release-from-Oregon-082011

Am I crazy for kinda feeling bad for the kid? I get the feeling Lyles just used him as a walking paycheck.

This guy had plenty of family and close friends giving him the right advice, he chose not to listen to it. He's young and has most of his eligibility left though, so he's got time to mature and make it right. Through his recruitment, I always liked Lache. Seemed like a good kid, just got conflicting info and with the wrong side.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Return to College Sports Arena