Text Size

College Sports Arena

LSU players curbstomp a Marine, literally

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

LSU players curbstomp a Marine, literally

Unread postby JoJo White » Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:59 pm

http://www.wafb.com/story/15298009/poli ... d-in-fight

Several people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS that around 2 a.m. Friday, a young man driving a truck blew his horn to get a group of people blocking the driveway to move out of the way at Shady's Bar on East Boyd Ave. That's when they say a group of people pulled the driver out of the truck and began beating him. That's when they say a Marine who had just returned from training ran to assist the driver and was beaten and thrown to the ground. Multiple people who claim to have witnessed the incident tell 9NEWS LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson then kicked the Marine in the head.
JoJo White

Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Re: LSU players curbstomp a Marine, literally

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:14 pm

A typical bunch of chickenshit punks. One on one they would've gotten their bitch asses kicked easily.

If Jefferson did what is alleged, he won't be playing football anytime soon...... unless it's in a jail league.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:08 am

No, they wont get in trouble. They didn't do anything to jeopardize their amateur status, so there is nothing to see here. Matter of fact, I should probably just lock the thread (j/k only sort of).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:12 am

My brother talks about some move called a "grape stomp" he learned in boot camp. Too bad the roles weren't reversed.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:17 am

Paraphrasing Theodore Geisel:

BIG J

little j

What begins with J?

Jordan Jefferson Jury and Jail

J....j....J
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:31 am

motherscratcher wrote:Paraphrasing Theodore Herzl

If you will it Dude, it is no dream.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

I have a buddy who works with BRPD - who was on the scene and has since seen video from the cameras at a neighboring restaurant. Like every situation in life, you have party A's story, party B's story, and then the truth. No one was pulled out of a truck, but the fight did indeed happen. "LSU players" didn't curbstomp anyone, but Jefferson (singularly) did kick the guy in the head. BRPD picked 4 players from the group to go in this morning and give their side of the story.

It was an ugly event, and from everything that I know it is my opinion that Jefferson and Chris Davenport should face criminal charges and be kicked off the team. Sadly though, they don't take my opinion into consideration (which I feel is bad policy on their part).
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:44 pm

Bayou Tribe wrote: Jefferson (singularly) did kick the guy in the head.

Assalut with a deadly weapon?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
Bayou Tribe wrote: Jefferson (singularly) did kick the guy in the head.

Assalut with a deadly weapon?

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
RT @ScarboroughMike: #LSU QB Jordan Jefferson and Davenport face 2nd degree battery charges. Jarvis Landry and Josh Downs simple battery.

Scarborough is the publisher of TigerBait.com, so I'd assume his info is legit.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:58 pm

SPORTSbyBROOKS SPORTSbyBROOKS
RT @DerekPonamsky: @SPORTSbyBROOKS It's Josh Johns, not Josh Downs. And no charges, just questioning.

Then again, maybe not. Whole story will take a long time with all the he said, she said bullshit surrounding these bar fights.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:31 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Scarborough is the publisher of TigerBait.com, so I'd assume his info is legit.

Scarborough is a complete tool, but his scoop is correct (other than mistaking Downs for Johns). This story is just filled with, "what the hell were you thinking?"s.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:19 pm

If Jefferson throws puches like he throws footballs that Marine never gets touched.

This is a non-story in the sense that the life these guys are livin' - no rules very few ramifications...like the friggin' wild west.

and in regard to "what were you thinking...." Christ, the guy complete value on the earth is football, yet he can't understand how the game clock works.

LSU is loaded, but man, it's really hard to win the crystal with a total dumbass at that position.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:50 pm

leadpipe wrote:and in regard to "what were you thinking...." Christ, the guy complete value on the earth is football, yet he can't understand how the game clock works.

I was referring more along the lines to the guy who got out of his truck to confront a dozen major college football players, and then the 2nd guy who ran into the fight swinging punches like he was going to do something. I respect them for standing up for their beliefs, but they had to have been shit-hammered. That's a death wish.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:57 pm

Players should be interviewed tomorrow and we should have a resolution by Thursday or Friday morning (latest). Also, more info on our "marine victim" coming out.

Andrew Lowery: kicked out of Catholic High-Baton Rouge for multiple cases of fighting and one incident where he was under possession of pot, arrested in Florida in 2008 for theft, left the Marine Corps shortly after basic training to return to Baton Rouge (not on a brief leave as earlier reported).

Witnesses corroborating his story that he went in to pull the other guy out and got jumped. Witnesses corroborating another story that he started a fight in the bar that got everyone kicked out, and then came at Jefferson in the parking lot which started the larger brawl. No video evidence, all he said/he said at this point. Lowery's injuries included a busted lip, broken nose, and facial abrasions. Treated and released from ER that night.

There is the second victim (pickup truck guy), however. That side of the story is alot more serious and could/should lead to more serious actions.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:22 pm

http://theadvocate.com/home/686220-79/jefferson-johns-suspended.html

LSU senior quarterback Jordan Jefferson, 21, and sophomore linebacker Joshua Johns, 21, have surrendered to authorities after Baton Rouge police secured arrest warrants for second-degree battery.

Both men are at Parish Prison with their attorney where they are being booked on the felony counts.

Jefferson and Johns have been suspended indefinitely from the football team, coach Les Miles said Friday.

The arrest warrants accuse each player of committing second-degree battery during a fight outside a Baton Rouge bar on Aug. 19 , Stone said in the release.

Second-degree battery is a felony offense that carries a maximum five-year prison sentence upon conviction.

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:30 pm

Yeah, the story I got has been clarified and refined since I originally posted on Sunday, but the major sticking points have remained the same. Jefferson kicked a guy in the head, he's gotta go. I still think Johns' charge will be reduced to misdemeanor when they look at it closer, but he was involved and does indeed deserve some form of punishment.

So in summary....

1. Off Coordinator Kragthorpe diagnosed with Parkinsons
2. Starting QB gets arrested and more than likely booted
3. Starting wideout will miss a couple games while they investigate a charge that he openly spoke of an ongoing investigation

worst.offseason.ever :pb:

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:20 pm

Our offseason was worse Bayou (and it wasn't even close).

Just read that Jefferson and Johns have both been charged with 2nd degree battery which is a felony (I think punishable by 5ish years in prison). Fortunately neither player got a tattoo in the process so I expect both will be eligible right up until incarceration! I love the NCAAs rules.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:51 pm

furls wrote:Our offseason was worse Bayou (and it wasn't even close).

Just read that Jefferson and Johns have both been charged with 2nd degree battery which is a felony (I think punishable by 5ish years in prison). Fortunately neither player got a tattoo in the process so I expect both will be eligible right up until incarceration! I love the NCAAs rules.

I hear ya man, it's time to kick the ball off and leave this shit behind us.

Miles has suspended both guys indefinitely. Said they are still welcome to return if they are exonerated, but until then they are moving on without these two. Baton Rouge PD was hilarious through this though - they treated this thing like Jefferson was hiding bodies under his house. Not trying to minimize what these guys did, but it was a bar fight right off a college campus over some trim.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby furls » Fri Aug 26, 2011 6:50 pm

I am not passing judgement. I punched a guy in the head and then punted his face while he was doubled over in 1992 and did some time for it even as a juvenille. I was lucky to get a plea down to agg assault (first degree misdemeanor) otherwise I would have never been able to get into the military. Kids (people <25 years old) do dumb shit, hopefully they make the best of any second chances they get. As an NCAAF player you have to expect that people are going to want to test you, you have to not be a punk and find a way out. I have had a couple of guys beg me to kick their asses in bars over the years once they found out I was in the Marines. Gotta find a way to rise above.

Miles' stance on this thing is admirable. If the kids are innocent, great. If not, well you are not ruining our name. I like it.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Aug 26, 2011 7:38 pm

Makes an LSU fan long for the days of Ryan Perrilloux, where minor scuffles and faking identity to board a gambling boat were as bad as it got.....alledgedly.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:47 pm

furls wrote: I have had a couple of guys beg me to kick their asses in bars over the years once they found out I was in the Marines. Gotta find a way to rise above.

Wait, you mean they wanted to fight you because you are in the marines? That's it? What's the rationale behind that?

I thought that shit only happened to Nic Cage.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby furls » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:42 am

motherscratcher wrote:
furls wrote: I have had a couple of guys beg me to kick their asses in bars over the years once they found out I was in the Marines. Gotta find a way to rise above.

Wait, you mean they wanted to fight you because you are in the marines? That's it? What's the rationale behind that?

Not sure why. Doesn't make a lot sense, but some people think it is a good idea to fight people who should probably be able to beat them down. Ever hear Mike Tyson talking about people taking a swing at him? What in fucking world would have compelled someone to do that in the late eighties or mid 90s?

I know that stuff happens to NCAAF players. Guys see them in a bar, have a few sips of liquid courage and then try to see they can hang with a big dawg. I think that sounds like a bad choice. Not sure if that is the case with the LSU kids (doesn't really sound like it), in any case the athletes (and servicemen) have to know that fighting in bars is a no win situation. Best case, you get your ass kick and end up a notch on somebodies belt. Worst case, you win... winners usually go to jail.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:37 pm

furls wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Not sure why. Doesn't make a lot sense, but some people think it is a good idea to fight people who should probably be able to beat them down. Ever hear Mike Tyson talking about people taking a swing at him? What in fucking world would have compelled someone to do that in the late eighties or mid 90s?

I know that stuff happens to NCAAF players. Guys see them in a bar, have a few sips of liquid courage and then try to see they can hang with a big dawg. I think that sounds like a bad choice. Not sure if that is the case with the LSU kids (doesn't really sound like it), in any case the athletes (and servicemen) have to know that fighting in bars is a no win situation. Best case, you get your ass kick and end up a notch on somebodies belt. Worst case, you win... winners usually go to jail.

I definitely see where you're coming from in terms of people looking for fights with soldiers, athletes, etc. Alcohol and a couple of friends in your ear can make you do all sorts of dumb shit.

This incident seemed to be one started over a girl and the marine vs football player story was just a convenient way to sell it. It wouldn't have mattered what walk of life these guys came from, this dude rolled into the bar and saw another guy all over his ex-girlfriend and he went get a fight.

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:31 pm

furls wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Not sure why. Doesn't make a lot sense, but some people think it is a good idea to fight people who should probably be able to beat them down. l.

This shit happens to me all the time.... all the fucking time. People have too much to drink and they become a victim of "John Wayne Syndrome", they think they'll prove how tough they are by running their mouth to the biggest guy in the room. I go out to have a good time and I end up with some bitter ex-jock in his Tapout t-shirt in my face for really no reason..... other than drunken stupidity.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 30, 2011 7:40 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
furls wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Not sure why. Doesn't make a lot sense, but some people think it is a good idea to fight people who should probably be able to beat them down. l.

This shit happens to me all the time.... all the fucking time. People have too much to drink and they become a victim of "John Wayne Syndrome", they think they'll prove how tough they are by running their mouth to the biggest guy in the room. I go out to have a good time and I end up with some bitter ex-jock in his Tapout t-shirt in my face for really no reason..... other than drunken stupidity.

CDT, I'm right there w/ ya. One of the reasons I avoid going out to large crowded bars anymore. It gets tiring dealing w/ the wolf pack mentality. Shit gets stirred up, next thing you know, Ronny from the Shore is backed up by 5 of his buddies knowing full well he can't hang one on one. Not going to subject my wife or any of my friends to the never ending bullshit. Plus I don't need to wind up in cuffs from beating someone defending myself.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Return to College Sports Arena