Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Pre-Season Live on NFL.com new lower price

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Pre-Season Live on NFL.com new lower price

Unread postby yogi » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:00 pm

down to $14.99 for the last 3 weeks.

Watched the NFL Network last week but just signed up to watch this evenings contest.

To me, this is a decent deal. Heck, let me watch my fav team while excited about them :)

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Re: Pre-Season Live on NFL.com new lower price

Unread postby scott » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:19 pm

Seems worth it. I watched some of last weeks game on a Verizon phone.
scott

Favorite Player: Sabby Piscitelli
Least Favorite Player: Everyone Else

Unread postby hiko » Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:06 pm

Probably a better option than what I used to do in CA during the Preseason (which was constantly refresh the box score on NFL.com).

One of Ohio's advantages is that we get to enjoy WKYC's exceptional game coverage for free. That's right - no paying for Bernie mumbling (not that I don't love him) and the camera crew screwing the pooch.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby jta1975 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:33 am

yogi wrote:down to $14.99 for the last 3 weeks.

Watched the NFL Network last week but just signed up to watch this evenings contest.

To me, this is a decent deal. Heck, let me watch my fav team while excited about them :)

https://preseason.nfl.com/nflpl/secure/packages

I went back and watched the first half of every game tonight. The price is well worth the access IMO.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:41 am

And this is why the NFL makes 9 billion dollars.

Something that should be a free service on the Network that you pay for with your cable (at least one live game at a time) is instead being paid for by those addicted to stupidity.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby yogi » Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:33 am

e0y2e3 wrote:And this is why the NFL makes 9 billion dollars.

Something that should be a free service on the Network that you pay for with your cable (at least one live game at a time) is instead being paid for by those addicted to stupidity.

The NFL isnt making a lot of money off of me.The Pre-Season LIVE price was $40 last year, this year they dropped it to $20, I paid 15 because I watched the 1st game on the NFL Network so I only pay for the 3 weeks. Seems to me the NFL is finding an audience and a target price for its game package. I am curious to hear how I can get the game live in my home outside the Cleveland area for free though...

The stream was HD and the picture looked great, this was also the Cleveland feed since Bernie was doing the color analyst.

Well worth the $5.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby That_Guy™ » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:47 pm

yogi wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And this is why the NFL makes 9 billion dollars.

The NFL isnt making a lot of money off of me.The Pre-Season LIVE price was $40 last year, this year they dropped it to $20, I paid 15 because I watched the 1st game on the NFL Network so I only pay for the 3 weeks. Seems to me the NFL is finding an audience and a target price for its game package. I am curious to hear how I can get the game live in my home outside the Cleveland area for free though...

The stream was HD and the picture looked great, this was also the Cleveland feed since Bernie was doing the color analyst.

Well worth the $5.

Any time they don't show the Browns on TV here, I watch on ahdtv.net. It might not be .net anymore, but if you google it, you can find the right address. Another good site is http://site.myp2pforum.eu/index.php?part=sports. You might need to download streamcast player to watch games on myp2p. Between those 2 sites, I didn't miss a game all year.
The first rule of Fight Club is: Don't tell Chuck Norris about Fight Club.
That_Guy™

Favorite Player: Leroy Jenkins
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:59 pm

NFL is charging 340 for the ability to get NFL Sunday Ticket on PS3.

I still don't understand the fact that they have an exclusive contract with Direct Tv and can't, I don't know, make the package available to ALL of those paying cable/satelite.

Seems like a dumb business move to me. But whatever. I guess the NFL can keep forcing damn NFC East games (80% featuring the Cowboys) down my throat at 4:30, instead of allowing me a different choice. :rolleyes:
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby municipalmutt » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:42 pm

So if you already are getting Sunday Ticket with Directv, they charge you ANOTHER fifty bucks to watch games on your PS3? What a deal!!! I know you don't have to have Directv for this PS3 deal but what a bunch of bullshit to their existing customers that got locked into two-year contracts just to get the football package. I'm glad I cancelled that overpriced crap years ago.

They should let you pick one damn team and pay accordingly. How many fucking commercials can you watch at once?
municipalmutt

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:59 pm

I am kinda hoping one day we can go ala carte much like the system I hear Canada has.

or you could even go an even more hip-social media feature, and allow those that want to a view a certain game that's not in primetime or the "local team" at 4:30 as the game of the week via vote

For example in Week 1 instead of having to view Redskins/Giants, which, without a doubt will be the one forced upon Fox 8, while WOIO is forced to show the rodeo, skiing or some other ESPN5 caliber sport. And does anyone want to see that garbage? John Beck Vs. Eli Manning. Yawn.

No, lets put to a vote, 4 to 5 games a week, and one gets to be chosen as the national game of the week, and here's how week 1 would look:

Atlanta at Chicago
Pittsburgh at Baltimore
Minnesota at San Diego
Detroit at Tampa Bay
NY Giants at Washington

Democracy at it's finest.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:12 pm

The NBA does the fan vote every Tuesday and puts the game (chosen out of four) on their network for everyone to watch.

The NFL bends people over and the morons that support it ask to take it harder. As long as idiots pay $200 more than the NBA package for the non-HD NFL package (HD is another hundred) nothing will change.

Thank every idiot out there that agree to pay for this shit and thank yourself for buying that jersey. $9BB and more to come.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:17 pm

Take the NBA and just stick it right up your ass..... right up there.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:22 pm

:-(
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:40 pm

NFL is looking to rape you pretty much in every department.

Christ, there was a hat they were selling that I had bought at a store in the mall 3 years a go for about 15 bucks, and they have now just gotten around to selling at the team shop...for 30 dollars.

and 60 bucks for preseason tickets? For a meaningless game where you'll only see the starters play for the first half? (only reason I went this past game is because someone literally gave them to me)

Ain't right.

Triple-S

Unread postby jta1975 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:01 pm

Supply and demand...will always be greater in a league with 16 games over leagues with 80 or 160 games.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:24 pm

Not arguing that at all.

That said, you're still paying $400 bucks for 16 games.

People pay it, no argument there. I just can't comprehend paying it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:33 pm

And to add to that, I can't hate on them for charging it. People are sheep at the feet of the great NFL and they know it.

But then you add on shit like paying to stream preseason games?

I mean, wow.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:01 pm

You said it yourself, EO. The NFL sets the price and people are willing to pay it.

You cite something about the NBA, but I guarantee that if the NBA could get away with what the NFL does, they would.

You also have to face the fact that a vast majority of people prefer the NFL to the NBA, regardless what your feelings are on the matter. This is way too personal for you, like people paying extravagant amounts for NFL stuff somehow is an insult to you b/c you don't feel the same way.

I for one don't get why anyone on earth would waste a blinkin' moment watching Pro Wrestling, but tons of people do. That's their choice, and if I were to rant about how stupid they were for paying $90 for pay per view of Wrestlemania, it would be useless b/c they're gonna like it no matter how much I call them names.

Not to mention that it just makes me one of those people that goes out of their way to tell other people how stupid they are, which is a stupid thing to do. :santa:
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:19 pm

Naw, it's not personal... I like being smarter than most.

Just kinda amazes me people not only bend over for the Sunday Ticket, but that they then get excited to pay for shit like preseason games too.

If people want to be sheep, keep on being sheep. I'll just continue to stand back and laugh.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby yogi » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 pm

I'll try to make my case clear for you.

I am a Brown's fan. They are my team. I dont live near Ohio. I love watching them play. I dont spend a dime on season tickets, nor NFL gear. I dont pay hundreds for the Sunday ticket, I try and go to bars and waste $20 instead on beer to see the regualr season games. Hiko and Swerb can tell you I'm a diehard fan though, I've traveled to Cleveland for the draft and conversation a few times. I took my 11 year old son to a game a few years ago. Geez, the gas money I wasted....

Pre-season game at $5 a pop doesnt seem like the NFL is raking me over the coals.

I wish you well in your battle aginst the NFL and I agree they all make too much money.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby municipalmutt » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:41 pm

If the Browns ever get back to the playoffs, those games will be broadcast for free. There's sort of a redemption in that.

Paying 400 bucks to see a 10-6 team might be stupid. Paying 400 bucks for 5-11 and a decade worth of suck is beyond stupid.

I took my dish down a few years ago and replaced it with an antenna. I get 30-35 HD channels for free and haven't looked back since. Got my Netflix and broadcast TV and that's enough couch potato time for me.
municipalmutt

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 22, 2011 6:59 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Naw, it's not personal... I like being smarter than most.

Just kinda amazes me people not only bend over for the Sunday Ticket, but that they then get excited to pay for shit like preseason games too.

If people want to be sheep, keep on being sheep. I'll just continue to stand back and laugh.

Being a sheep is self-defined.

I think that everyone that goes to church is a sheep. Betcha the people that go don't feel that way. They probably think I'm the stupid one.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:08 pm

People that go to church and people that blindly worship at the alter of the NFL are one in the same... ;-)

When demand becomes so blind the NFL can charge virtually anything and get it the corruption of the church comes to mind.

And, to each his own.

I'm just pointing and laughing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And, to each his own.

I'm just pointing and laughing.

"To each his own" and "pointing and laughing" seem like conflicting ideologies.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Not really. I'm not going to impact anyone's decisions, I'll just watch when as revenues hit 10 then 11 then 12 then 13 then 14 then 15 million while the country is falling into the depths of recession.

It's funny to me, same as Catholics. It's their freedom to be morons, and it's my freedom to find it funny.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Not really. I'm not going to impact anyone's decisions, I'll just watch when as revenues hit 10 then 11 then 12 then 13 then 14 then 15 million while the country is falling into the depths of recession.

It's funny to me, same as Catholics. It's their freedom to be morons, and it's my freedom to find it funny.

I understand that, and share a disdain for humanity.

But reading about how stupid someone feels other people are doesn't make for scintillating reading for very long, and name-calling is even more tiresome. You are intelligent and make good points, I'm sure you can express your sarcasm in a way that doesn't make people feel like ditching our dwindling community.
hiko

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 pm

Fair enough.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:05 pm

If I maybe had 300 dollars to burn and not to have to worry about paying for college and other shit, I'd perhaps consider it, but the sunday ticket option is pretty far down my list of priorities, even as a big fan of pro 'ball.

And to add that, if I had the money to spend on that I don't think it would exactly be all that high on my list anyways. Seems like there could be better ways to spend my money.

If I was living in the middle of nowhere like 2 hours away from the nearest legit bar with the package available, I'd probably spring for it. But with the amount of "Browns Backers" bars across the country to the point where there's one in pretty much every major American City, it's pretty pointless to me.

Triple-S

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL