Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

September Callups

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

September Callups

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:53 pm

Anyone got any ideas as to who will be called up in September when rosters expand?
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Re: September Callups

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:00 pm

I doubt there will be a huge influx right away.

The Tribe aren't going to call up a whole bunch of guys to sit on the bench.... they're much more likely to call up most guys after the Clippers playoff run.

I suspect they'll call up Duncan right away along with a reliever (Judy) and then, if Carrasco is healthy, he'll come off the DL.

Once the Clips are done then we might see the likes of Hagadone, Putnam, Gomez and McAllister (if we don't need one of those guys earlier for the double-headers).

I'd like to see Jared Head given a cup of coffee, but not sure they'll want to make room on the 40-man for him.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:30 am

redneckofsc wrote:Anyone got any ideas as to who will be called up in September when rosters expand?

I sure hope its relief pitchers Hagadone and Lee
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 am

Jared Head I would like to see
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Chris Perez

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:41 pm

Hagadone, Lee, Putnam, Judy, Head, Johnson, McAllister, Gomez, Valbuena and Phelps are all options. Don't want to decimate the Columbus roster, but also want anyone who could reasonably be useful down the stretch available.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:31 pm

We also need a starter for one of the Tuesday games against the Mariners next week (Gomez or McAllister I assume) and neither Duncan nor Kipnis will be eligible to come back right after the game. I'll be interested to see who they send down and bring back up afterwards.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Spanky » Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:40 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Hagadone, Lee, Putnam, Judy, Head, Johnson, McAllister, Gomez, Valbuena and Phelps are all options. Don't want to decimate the Columbus roster, but also want anyone who could reasonably be useful down the stretch available.

Valbuena is already here. Kipnis to the DL.
Spanky

Favorite Player: Omar
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:23 pm

Spanky wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:Hagadone, Lee, Putnam, Judy, Head, Johnson, McAllister, Gomez, Valbuena and Phelps are all options. Don't want to decimate the Columbus roster, but also want anyone who could reasonably be useful down the stretch available.

Valbuena is already here. Kipnis to the DL.

But he's not going to be around when (if) Kip comes back before September.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:39 pm

Kip is eligible to come back on 8/30 due to some weird as DL rule and Duncan not being down enough and some other stuff I don't care about.

So who knows how it'll end up w/ September and roster management. Best case Valbuena has a real quick up and down trip cause Kip is ready on 8/30.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Kip is eligible to come back on 8/30 due to some weird as DL rule and Duncan not being down enough and some other stuff I don't care about.

Retroactive to August 14, which is the last day he appeared in a game. MLB allows you to put a guy on the DL retroactive to their last appearance, so that's why he can come back on the 29th.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB