Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Jim Thome Has Done It

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Jim Thome Has Done It

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:10 pm

He hit his 599th and 600th homeruns tonight. Congrats to him. He was one of my favorite players growing up and still is to this day. More importantly, he hit these homers against the Tigers. Way to help out the team, Jimmy. :clap: :thumb up: :woot:
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Re: Jim Thome Has Done It

Unread postby statmasta » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 pm

The Thomenator comes up clutch again.
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm

statmasta wrote:The Thomenator comes up clutch again.

Fucking right. Thanks Jim!

All is forgiven for him signing with the Phills :hide:
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:24 pm

Where the hell were all the media coverage by all the major networks? They didn't cut in to the ball games I was watching.

I'm thinking A-rod will be mentioned by the major networks as much, if not more than Thome's name tonight and until tomorrow evening, when they'll find something about The OSU. If it's not NY/BOS/LA it's not news, it's just filler
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby swerb » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:26 pm

I'm still bitter.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby andrew6586 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:45 pm

pup wrote:

It's funny that you post this picture because I feel that his wife is the reason he left Cleveland. She got pissed at the city when she got canned by Channel 3 and wanted out ever since. She is the reason he left in my opinion.
Once a fan, always a fan.
On Twitter @apac6586
andrew6586
Church of Asdrubal

Favorite Player: Kenny Lofton
Least Favorite Player: Mark Shapiro

Unread postby DrPoove » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 pm

Congrats to Jim Thome. His wife may be a C word but that doesn't diminish the accomplishment.

I am still bitter too but I will still give him kudos.
"What is understood need not be discussed."
-Loren Adams
DrPoove
Special Guest Referee

Favorite Player: Cleveland
Least Favorite Player: The Inbred

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:04 am

Congrats Thomenator. :cheers: If there ever was a person who deserved to reach a milestone of this magnitude it was Jimmy.

I do wish it would have happened at the Jake ( Im not calling it the Prog) in two losses though.

He was and will always be my favorite tribe player......EVER :dingle:
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:16 am

Good for him - nice, too, that he helped his old team by beating the Tigers. In my book he's 5th on the list. Those known to have used PEDs should have *** after their names.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:26 am

Am I Here Again? wrote:Good for him - nice, too, that he helped his old team by beating the Tigers. In my book he's 5th on the list. Those known to have used PEDs should have *** after their names.

amen to that sister :cheers: :clap: :group:
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:03 am

Put a red wig on Thome in that picture and he looks like Rocky Dennis
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Rusty » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:01 pm

My bitterness has faded... Thome is just too hard to dislike. I blame the union.
Rusty

Favorite Player: Tim Lincecum
Least Favorite Player: Mark Buehrle

Unread postby The Brook » Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:40 pm

Thome is in my top 3 to watch swing the bat. He was plain fun to watch. Congrats.
The Brook
carnitas, math & bucky

Favorite Player: Joe Carter
Least Favorite Player: 97 Marlins roster

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:08 pm

I know a lot of Clevelanders are like Pup...they think Thome kissed his wife and turned into a big mossy rock. I guess I understand their position.

Personally, I never held much animosity toward him. Good to see him get 600. Good guy.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:37 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I know a lot of Clevelanders are like Pup...they think Thome kissed his wife and turned into a big mossy rock. I guess I understand their position.

Personally, I never held much animosity toward him. Good to see him get 600. Good guy.

There is literally no one in the entire baseball community with a bad thing to say about Jim Thome. Not in the media, clubhouses or front offices.

Just here in Cleveland where people are bitter.

Personally I never felt the bitterness. No for a second. Disappointed dude didn't play his entire career here but never begrudged the guy for a second.

But 600 is amazing and there's no question dude is a 1st ballot HoFer. Look at his entire body of work. He's heads above many other members of the Hall and he's arguably been one of the 10-20 most productive players in the history of the game. Not to mention dude actually played a position for 15 of those years. Say what you will about his defensive mediocrity but it never was a case where you couldn't also have an Ortiz or Hafner type on your roster to DH and strengthen your lineup due to Thome skanking up your DH spot for the duration of his contract. Dude played 1B in Philly well enough to entitle him to the number of ABs required to hit 40+ HRs in each of his two healthy years there.

It's all been said here before. Couple legendary threads where the Thome issue has been addressed.

But I was watching MLB Network for his 599th and 600th and I'm happy for the guy. Mostly because of what was said in the very first paragraph.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:04 pm

peeker643 wrote:There is literally no one in the entire baseball community with a bad thing to say about Jim Thome. Not in the media, clubhouses or front offices.

Personally I never felt the bitterness. No for a second. Disappointed dude didn't play his entire career here but never begrudged the guy for a second.

But 600 is amazing and there's no question dude is a 1st ballot HoFer. Look at his entire body of work. He's heads above many other members of the Hall and he's arguably been one of the 10-20 most productive players in the history of the game. Not to mention dude actually played a position for 15 of those years. Say what you will about his defensive mediocrity but it never was a case where you couldn't also have an Ortiz or Hafner type on your roster to DH and strengthen your lineup due to Thome skanking up your DH spot for the duration of his contract. Dude played 1B in Philly well enough to entitle him to the number of ABs required to hit 40+ HRs in each of his two healthy years there.

It's all been said here before. Couple legendary threads where the Thome issue has been addressed.

But I was watching MLB Network for his 599th and 600th and I'm happy for the guy. Mostly because of what was said in the very first paragraph.

Couldn't agree more.

Dude is going into the HOF with a Tribe lid anyway.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:22 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Its funny because I got in an argument with a guy in a fantasy league of mine a couple of years ago when Jim was closing in on 500 HR's who said Thome was average and wasn't a HOF and he compared him to Jim Rice calling him a poor man's Jim Rice.

I then pointed out that Thome's #s at that time were already far superior to that of Rice and Rice was in the HOF. The guy even after seeing his numbers at that time just responded saying dumb stuff like he just isn't special and all that garbage and saw him play and he doesn't feel like a HOF.

The general public just doesn't get how good his numbers really are. Hell I wear my Thome jersey down here in Va Beach all over the place like the city, to minor league games and even up to Orioles games when they play the Tribe, and more often than not i'll get at least 3 or 4 people asking me who is THOME pronounced like it rhymes with PHONE.

They just dont know who he is. It's kind of sad. Somebody so great is so unknown.

If anybody didnt hear the Twins feed of the game. Bert Blyleven went off on how there was no hype surrounding Thome's 600 th homer. It was awesome.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:45 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Its funny because I got in an argument with a guy in a fantasy league of mine a couple of years ago when Jim was closing in on 500 HR's who said Thome was average and wasn't a HOF and he compared him to Jim Rice calling him a poor man's Jim Rice.

I then pointed out that Thome's #s at that time were already far superior to that of Rice and Rice was in the HOF. The guy even after seeing his numbers at that time just responded saying dumb stuff like he just isn't special and all that garbage and saw him play and he doesn't feel like a HOF.

The general public just doesn't get how good his numbers really are. Hell I wear my Thome jersey down here in Va Beach all over the place like the city, to minor league games and even up to Orioles games when they play the Tribe, and more often than not i'll get at least 3 or 4 people asking me who is THOME pronounced like it rhymes with PHONE.

They just dont know who he is. It's kind of sad. Somebody so great is so unknown.

If anybody didnt hear the Twins feed of the game. Bert Blyleven went off on how there was no hype surrounding Thome's 600 th homer. It was awesome.

If someone told me Thome was a "poor man's Jim Rice," I would have completely ceased talking sports with her. That's like saying Joe Namath was a poor man's Otto Graham.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

gotribe31 wrote:If someone told me Thome was a "poor man's Jim Rice," I would have completely ceased talking sports with her. That's like saying Joe Namath was a poor man's Otto Graham.

Other way around, right? That's like saying Otto Graham was a poor man's Joe Namath. Right? Or do I have that backwards?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Should make my two autographed rookie cards more valuable. He sure looked skinny back then.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:Should make my two autographed rookie cards more valuable. He sure looked skinny back then.

My High School homecoming date was skinny back in 1991 too.

I ran into her at Cedar Point a couple weeks back.

Thome is proportionately sized for his age. Either that or my homecoming date used roids.

;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:55 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:If someone told me Thome was a "poor man's Jim Rice," I would have completely ceased talking sports with her. That's like saying Joe Namath was a poor man's Otto Graham.

Other way around, right? That's like saying Otto Graham was a poor man's Joe Namath. Right? Or do I have that backwards?

Otto Graham was a high quality German, so you shut up.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:44 pm

"They will have to rip the jersey off my back"

Next day "Peace suckers!"

Still bitter, but good for him. Great player.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

Otto Graham was a high quality German, so you shut up.

Best German QB out of Northwestern, ever.

And yes Mother, you're way is correct. But even calling Namath a poor man's Graham is an insult to Graham.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah, exactly.

Graham >>> Namath
Thome >>> Rice
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 pm

peeker643 wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I know a lot of Clevelanders are like Pup...they think Thome kissed his wife and turned into a big mossy rock. I guess I understand their position.

There is literally no one in the entire baseball community with a bad thing to say about Jim Thome. Not in the media, clubhouses or front offices.

Wow I didn't think you felt this way, not sure why.

I agree on all points, 1st ballot without question. Heck only Ruth got to 600 in fewer ABs right?

Plus Jim's play at 1b was actually better than mediocre, not stellar, but more than solid most of the time.

You know what else, only the slightest of whispers about him and steroids, never a substantial claim from MSM. Not the end all be all on the subject but it does say something of the reputation of his natural ability.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:00 pm

Thome had a very nice career. He should be in the HOF as should all steroid users if they were great players. Not saying Thome was or wasn't...have no idea. But put them all in....Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa. Who cares. It was what it was.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

scrambler wrote:Thome had a very nice career. He should be in the HOF as should all steroid users if they were great players. Not saying Thome was or wasn't...have no idea. But put them all in....Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa. Who cares. It was what it was.

If I had to bet, I would bet that Thome didn't use. But your right, we don't know. Just like we don't know for a huge amount of players.

I'm with you. Put them all in. Starting with Big Jim on his first ballot.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FortheWin » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:18 pm

Who will Thome go into the HOF with? Cleveland?
DON'T QUIT
FortheWin

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:27 pm

FUDU wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Wow I didn't think you felt this way, not sure why.

Dunno. Just never felt a bit of bitterness.

And I'd bet Thome goes into the HoF as an Indian. Not that it matters to those with their minds made up but that's my bet.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 pm

FortheWin wrote:Who will Thome go into the HOF with? Cleveland?

Without a doubt.

11 years in Cleveland.

8 years split between Philly, Chicago, And Minny.

Has to be Cleveland.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
FortheWin wrote:Who will Thome go into the HOF with? Cleveland?

Without a doubt.

11 years in Cleveland.

8 years split between Philly, Chicago, And Minny.

Has to be Cleveland.

Plus he played in what--2 World Series, and 5 or 6 post seasons with the Tribe? He played in no post season games with Philly, Chicago or Minny. He did play in one with LA. His best years were with Cleveland and that is where he did his best work. It's cleveland, with Charlie Manuel presenting!! It's always entertaining listening to Charlie talk!
scrambler

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Wed Aug 17, 2011 12:17 am

*ahem!!!*
In case you didn't notice exactly who D-Pronk attributed this piece of stupid talk to I've highlighted the gender for you:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Its funny because I got in an argument with a guy in a fantasy league of mine a couple of years ago when Jim was closing in on 500 HR's who said Thome was average and wasn't a HOF and he compared him to Jim Rice calling him a poor man's Jim Rice.
Not all women are sports stupid. I never would have said something that dumb. Not only did I have the pleasure of being in Cleveland during Thome's entire stay but I had more than enough of all the Jim Rice coronation crap that went on up here in Beantown during his last year of eligibility. Every time they would talk about how "great" he was I always thought "really? I mean REALLY?" So please don't disparage all women when it comes to sports. ;-) ;) :wink: If we're ever at the same party I'll be the one female talking sports with all the guys around the beer cooler (Tribe glass from home in my hand).
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:16 am

Am I Here Again? wrote:

*ahem!!!*
In case you didn't notice exactly who D-Pronk attributed this piece of stupid talk to I've highlighted the gender for you:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Its funny because I got in an argument with a guy in a fantasy league of mine a couple of years ago when Jim was closing in on 500 HR's who said Thome was average and wasn't a HOF and he compared him to Jim Rice calling him a poor man's Jim Rice.
Not all women are sports stupid. I never would have said something that dumb. Not only did I have the pleasure of being in Cleveland during Thome's entire stay but I had more than enough of all the Jim Rice coronation crap that went on up here in Beantown during his last year of eligibility. Every time they would talk about how "great" he was I always thought "really? I mean REALLY?" So please don't disparage all women when it comes to sports. ;-) ;) :wink: If we're ever at the same party I'll be the one female talking sports with all the guys around the beer cooler (Tribe glass from home in my hand).

I apologize...that was an inappropriate generalization. You've more than proved your sports knowledege here on the boards, so please dont take it as a shot at you personally :cheers:
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:54 am

peeker643 wrote:
Love child of shawn kemp wrote:Should make my two autographed rookie cards more valuable. He sure looked skinny back then.

Thome is proportionately sized for his age. Either that or my homecoming date used roids.

Haha, they do tend to increase breast size, so maybe??? I was not trying to imply roids. I will have to scan the picture and put it up on here. Probably should have just said he looked really young.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:06 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Haha, they do tend to increase breast size, so maybe??? I was not trying to imply roids. I will have to scan the picture and put it up on here. Probably should have just said he looked really young.

You're right. It's night and day seeing him in his first call up as compard to today though. He looked like a rail when he was a kid.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby tecs » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:42 am

scrambler wrote:Thome had a very nice career. He should be in the HOF as should all steroid users if they were great players. Not saying Thome was or wasn't...have no idea. But put them all in....Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa. Who cares. It was what it was.

Take it or leave it, but from all reputable sources involved with the various investigations of steroid use and the reporting of it...Thome's name hasn't come up once.

I never quite understood the old cliche about hitting a screaming baseball until I personally saw Thome hit one out against Twins back in 96. That ball sounded like the devil himself had lite a fire in it's ass and was chasing it.

Thome is a first ballot HOF'er.
tecs

Favorite Player: Josh Tomlin
Least Favorite Player: Brandon Phillips

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:49 am

tecs wrote:

Take it or leave it, but from all reputable sources involved with the various investigations of steroid use and the reporting of it...Thome's name hasn't come up once.

I never quite understood the old cliche about hitting a screaming baseball until I personally saw Thome hit one out against Twins back in 96. That ball sounded like the devil himself had lite a fire in it's ass and was chasing it.

Thome is a first ballot HOF'er.

He was a GREAT offensive player. His defense at both 1st and 3rd was nothing to write home about. but 600 home runs AND a career OBP over .400 is remarkable and simply HOF worthy. Period.
scrambler

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:23 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
Am I Here Again? wrote:.....please don't disparage all women when it comes to sports. ;-) ;) :wink: If we're ever at the same party I'll be the one female talking sports with all the guys around the beer cooler (Tribe glass from home in my hand).

I apologize...that was an inappropriate generalization. You've more than proved your sports knowledege here on the boards, so please dont take it as a shot at you personally :cheers:

I wasn't taking it personally, just defending my gender. No offense taken. Image I'll admit most females don't know much about sports because they aren't interested. That's why I'm in the kitchen with the boys and the beers while all the other women are in the living room talking PTO and raising kids. Been there, done that, now time to kick back.
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

I find it highly appropriate that Thome hit 599 and 600 to the opposite field. Guy has some of the best oppo power I have ever seen.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:16 pm

Guy is a definite first ballot HOFer.

600 HR club is definetly impressive, considering there is only 8 there, and 3 of those 8 juice. Mays, Aaron, Ruth, and Griffey is impressice company.

Pujols should get there, and and Fielder has an outside shot.

I still hate his wife though.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Had WEEI on this afternoon while the "Mut and Merloni" (Yup! Lou is on the radio) show was on. They were talking to Harold Reynolds from MLB Network about Thome's 600th home run. Lots of talk about how it didn't get the press it deserved and stuff. AND both Lou and Harold said that Thome was the absolute best guy they have ever known in the game. Kinda made me proud that he came up through the Tribe's organization...and that none of Albert Belle's "Joeyness" didn't rub off on him.

If you're bored and you want to listen to the clip go here: http://audio.weei.com/a/43902896/harold ... etwork.htm
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Unread postby noles1 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:16 pm

Is a compliment from Harold Reynolds a good thing though?

http://deadspin.com/189733/was-this-why ... ot-the-axe

Is a testament to Thome though you can't seem to find anyone to ever say anything bad about the guy and if anything people go out of their way to praise his classiness.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:27 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I find it highly appropriate that Thome hit 599 and 600 to the opposite field. Guy has some of the best oppo power I have ever seen.

601 last night same place too. He's locked in. You could always tell when he was taking the ball that way that he was on a two week bender that would carry your offense.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:37 pm

skatingtripods wrote:I find it highly appropriate that Thome hit 599 and 600 to the opposite field. Guy has some of the best oppo power I have ever seen.

IINM I think it is been confirmed by some (maybe most) swing experts/science that hitter's true power alleys are the opposite CF. IOW Thome's true power alley is LC, Albert's RC.

Just sayin.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:38 pm

FUDU wrote:

IINM I think it is been confirmed by some (maybe most) swing experts/science that hitter's true power alleys are the opposite CF. IOW Thome's true power alley is LC, Albert's RC.

Just sayin.

Doesn't take a swing expert or scientist to confirm power to center - just look at the field dimensions.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB