Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

McCoy’s fresh start invigorates Cleveland

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: McCoy’s fresh start invigorates Cleveland

Unread postby hiko » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:32 pm

yogi wrote:Hey, you said 60's and I gave you how the best HC of the era handled his QB.

If you wanted a late 70's, 80's example, how about Bill Walsh. When he drafted his under-sized and barely average arm stregth QB in the 3rd round, he always put his young QB in situations where he had a good chance to suceed. Success according to Walsh would build the kid's confidence and the team's confidence in the kid QB. I'm sure you know that QB was Joe Montana.

Slightly different philosophy that Walsh had than Parcells.

Of course our HMFIC came from the Walsh tree so.....

True. I guess I was just trying to say that there have been many different types of successful Head Coach-QB relationships. I wouldn't say that one way is necessarily better than the other (although I bet the QB's prefer the Bill Walsh approach).

But even your story showed the difference between today's player and the 60's era player - Starr aired his issue with his coach behind closed doors, McCoy talked about his to the media. Even if he feels that way, he needs to keep that kind of talk under wraps.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:34 pm

Frankly, who gives a fuck about Vince Lombardi (I really enjoy people that are focusing their preseason pep on hating Mangini rather than critiquing the team yogi) said and pulling a "GREATEST COACH EVER" card is possibly the lamest thing ever done on these boards.

Mumbles is a cock sucker to all of his players.

Parcells is a cock sucker.

Romeo rides their dicks.

Who in the fuck cares.

Wipe your vagini, STFU, and demand respect as the supposed leader of this shitty team.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:36 pm

hiko wrote:McCoy talked about his to the media. Even if he feels that way, he needs to keep that kind of talk under wraps.

No, he whined about last year to the press twice.

e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:53 pm

yogi wrote:
hiko wrote:
yogi wrote:I can tell you how Lombardi handled Starr.

At the beginning of Lombardi's HC gig, the first few paractices when Starr would make a mistake, Vince would scream and yell at him, just like any other football player that just screwed up.

One day after practice, Starr walked in Lombardi's office for a closed door meeting. He said, "Coach, you want me to lead this team, you cant undermine me in front of them. If I screw up, I'll take whatever heat you want to lay on me in private".

Starr said from that day on, Lombardi never raised his voice at Bart in front of the team. He became and was the leader of yhose great Packer teams.

But I doubt that's the way Parcells handled Simms.

Hey, you said 60's and I gave you how the best HC of the era handled his QB.

If you wanted a late 70's, 80's example, how about Bill Walsh. When he drafted his under-sized and barely average arm stregth QB in the 3rd round, he always put his young QB in situations where he had a good chance to suceed. Success according to Walsh would build the kid's confidence and the team's confidence in the kid QB. I'm sure you know that QB was Joe Montana.

Slightly different philosophy that Walsh had than Parcells.

Of course our HMFIC came from the Walsh tree so.....

SD:

Thats just it , and ,

The point Eyesore can't grab in his errant defense of all things Mangina is.

Your QB's are your teams stock ,their value raises the value of your franchise , and nobody has the resources under todays cap limitations to destroy devalue or misuse that stock , much less under personal Vendettas including the Bungles deconstruction of Palmer.

Mike Browns is crucifying Carson Palmer , but Mike Brown is beholding to no one else in the organization and won't be applying for another job as a GM or coach in this lifetime , even Mumbles learned the value of QB after butt fucking Kosar ina power grab orchestrated by Lombardi and Model so they didn't have t pay the escalators in his contract.

Mangina totally fucked up the DA Lady Quinn beauty pageant to the point neither was even serviceable prompting Holmgren to discard both , then the boob goes out of his way to screw over the new talent while the ink was still wet on how badly he botched the handling of the teams only other assets at QB just a few months before.

On what fuckin planet could you convey that as being smaaaaat or logical to your team or your own career.

His petty spiteful nonsense was the act of a petulant child , so hell bent on avenging any slight , perceived or imagined to the point he'd cut off his own nose to spite his stoopid face .

Colt being a bitch prima donna or a vag pie is irrelevant to the real point being,that the only thing that matters , you don't destroy your assets or devalue QB stock which is the most valuable trade asset in the league if nothing else.

Yeah free agents were chomping at the bit to line up and play for a franchise , managing their top position in football ala the Bungles and Raiduh models of crazy .

Thanks Mangina , you won't be missed.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby yogi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Frankly, who gives a fuck about Vince Lombardi (I really enjoy people that are focusing their preseason pep on hating Mangini rather than critiquing the team yogi) said and pulling a "GREATEST COACH EVER" card is possibly the lamest thing ever done on these boards.

Mumbles is a cock sucker to all of his players.

Parcells is a cock sucker.

Romeo rides their dicks.

Who in the fuck cares.

Wipe your vagini, STFU, and demand respect as the supposed leader of this shitty team.

I don't know what in the world you are yammering about. Are you saying that I pulled some kind of "greatest coach ever" card and the lamest thing ever on these boards?

Hiko,

I agree with the behind closed doors approach is the best way to resolve these things.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:16 pm

I'm yammering about you and SD dancing in every thread on Mangini's grave instead of posting a single fucking thing about the team this year. Instead we get you quoting Vince Lombardi and talking about how he was nice to Bart Starr as the greatest coach ever.

You guys fucking suck for football takes. I have doorknobs more usefull.

PHIL SAVAGE SUCKED!#@$!@#$! <-- as relevant as anything you have posted in weeks

And Colt is a whiny bitch. If he's a good QB I won't give a fuck, if he isn't fuck him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:17 pm

Hey, wait, guess what guys!!!!

MANGINI SUCKED AT THE DRAFT!@$!@%!@%!@#%!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby hiko » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm yammering about you and SD dancing in every thread on Mangini's grave instead of posting a single fucking thing about the team this year. Instead we get you quoting Vince Lombardi and talking about how he was nice to Bart Starr as the greatest coach ever.

PHIL SAVAGE SUCKED!#@$!@#$! <-- as relevant as anything you have posted in weeks

And Colt is a whiny bitch. If he's a good QB I won't give a fuck, if he isn't fuck him.

The anger runs deep in this one.

SD and Yogs, if it's any consolation, I still love ya.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby yogi » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:22 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm yammering about you and SD dancing in every thread on Mangini's grave instead of posting a single fucking thing about the team this year. Instead we get you quoting Vince Lombardi and talking about how he was nice to Bart Starr as the greatest coach ever.

This particular thread is about Colt and the way he is coached this year as oppossed to last year. And as it realtes to this year's team and new offense, and why he stands a chance to be successful in this offense with this coach.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:36 pm

So, really, you posted about Colt and Shur! Mur!

You made it two sentences in this thread w/out ripping Mangini?

You had posts in any of the other threads on this football forum in the last week that didn't involve Mangini?

Deal is, I can go start copy and pasting or you can STFU and start looking forward.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:45 am

e0y2e3 wrote:So, really, you posted about Colt and Shur! Mur!

You made it two sentences in this thread w/out ripping Mangini?

You had posts in any of the other threads on this football forum in the last week that didn't involve Mangini?

Deal is, I can go start copy and pasting or you can STFU and start looking forward.

SD:

The three seconds I took to read your stoopid ass reply is about how long it would have taken to print out a copy of the game plan for Mccoy when the other QB's got theres .

But unlike the useless info I gleaned from you inane blatherings , the three seconds spent on McCoy may have actually paid a dividend.

As evidenced last night , Mangy sure showed he was right about Colt being a total waste of his time .................

That was dripping with sarcasm just in case your too stoopid to get that .

Jackass the movie ain't got nothin on you.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:06 am

Yes. It's such a crying shame that the coach gave a late third round, third string quarterback the playbook on Wednesday.

Boo hoo.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 am

Cleveland Transplant wrote:Yes. It's such a crying shame that the coach gave a late third round, third string quarterback the playbook on Wednesday.

Boo hoo.

SD:

jeeeeze you really are quite emotional ....aren't ya ....

Better not ask ya about the devaluation of assets or anything which requires thought and really make your head hurt.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:53 pm

What's there to "devaluate"? I just simply stated the facts.

Dude was a late third round pick and was a third string quarterback and he wasn't happy he didn't get the playbook until Wednesday. Really? And then was "surprised" at being thrown in last minute, even though any time a 3rd string quarterback plays it's a surprise.

Again: Boo hoo. As it's been stated, this isn't even an issue and it reeks of a slam piece and nothing more. Who is this "anonymous source"? His dad? I'll go as far as to say Colt comes off as a kid who seems a little spoiled.

But hey - let's keep beating on the ghost of Mangini around these parts and keep focusing on these petty things from a year ago, even though the Browns played pretty well last night and the Colt that we need this season showed up.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:21 pm

Cleveland Transplant wrote:What's there to "devaluate"? I just simply stated the facts.

Dude was a late third round pick and was a third string quarterback and he wasn't happy he didn't get the playbook until Wednesday. Really? And then was "surprised" at being thrown in last minute, even though any time a 3rd string quarterback plays it's a surprise.

Again: Boo hoo. As it's been stated, this isn't even an issue and it reeks of a slam piece and nothing more. Who is this "anonymous source"? His dad? I'll go as far as to say Colt comes off as a kid who seems a little spoiled.

But hey - let's keep beating on the ghost of Mangini around these parts and keep focusing on these petty things from a year ago, even though the Browns played pretty well last night and the Colt that we need this season showed up.

SD:

Your assetts are your players and your draft picks , each represent value.

To purposely attempt todevalue either is lunacy , to go out of your way to pull the shit he did with Colt knowing full fuckin right well , he was a personal pick of Holmgrens was corporate suicide.

and indefensible stoopidity .

As head coach he pissed on his fiduciary and fiscal responsibilities to operate in the teams behalf and devalue its assets for his own personal enjoyment.

This issue is not a defense of Colt , but defineing the indefensible unacceptable bush league bullshit of a an out of control petty spiteful petulant megalomaniac.

All coaches are subject to exit reviews.

RAC was too soft , Palmer was clueless , Butch bit off more than he could chew ,and his dictatorial style wore on vets , while Mangy is the shit that floats.

IE a sick deluded petulanr Fuck damn near on par with Mumbles first stint but with more paranoid delusion and less imagination.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am

Cleveland Transplant wrote:Colt comes off as a kid who seems a little spoiled.

Look, I'm not gonna paint him as the golden child, but he does not come off as being spoiled. You can look at his dad, and his mom, and easily surmise that the kid was indeed spoiled in some sense of the word, but Colt McCoy himself has never, at least to me, come off as a spoiled brat.

Not in that article, not in interviews, not from the way his teammates talk about him, and not in his demeanor or body language.

Lebron comes off as spoiled. Jimmy Clausen seems spoiled. Colt? Not so much.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:51 am

JCoz wrote:
Cleveland Transplant wrote:Colt comes off as a kid who seems a little spoiled.

Look, I'm not gonna paint him as the golden child, but he does not come off as being spoiled. You can look at his dad, and his mom, and easily surmise that the kid was indeed spoiled in some sense of the word, but Colt McCoy himself has never, at least to me, come off as a spoiled brat.

Not in that article, not in interviews, not from the way his teammates talk about him, and not in his demeanor or body language.

Lebron comes off as spoiled. Jimmy Clausen seems spoiled. Colt? Not so much.

SD:

Good analogies and spot on.

Colt came out of a town whose population you could put in a high school gym and have room left over.

Those people were ranchers and farmers, so the work ethic is there in spades.

When Colt got hurt last year he was pissed he wasn't tough enough , recounting how his grandfather broke his back the same week when his farm tractor rolled over him , but before he passed out he jumped up from the adrenaline and turned the tractor off before the motor blew up from oil starvation.

No doubt Colt has enjoyed the privileges of the status afforded a High school and College star from his own State , and was disappointed to have dropped to third in a draft where he expected to go higher.

But the little Mutha fucka is as tough as a three dollar steak mentally and physically , and if he can overcome the problems he had throwing the ball in the cold which evidenced themselves to our great distress last year , he should be very productive in this WCO offense which he operates as if he cut his teeth on .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL