Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Lee Evans to the Ravens

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Lee Evans to the Ravens

Unread postby Nicastro13 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:29 pm

for a 2012 4th rounder

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/68567 ... ource-says

He can get vertical and Boldin can do the underneath work, its a good compliment I think, for a fourth rounder its a good deal.
Nicastro13

Favorite Player: Kyrie
Least Favorite Player: Joe Pittsburgh Fan

Re: Lee Evans to the Ravens

Unread postby hiko » Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:00 pm

[sarcasm]I'm shocked that the Browns didn't make a move to pick him up. Floored. Downright flabbergasted. I thought for sure they'd move heaven and earth to get him. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that they would just sit on their hands while yet another valuable player was whisked away to a contender. I can hardly speak from suprise. [/sarcasm]
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby ShadowDawg » Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Gotta agree with Hiko...a fourth rounder for a decent WR with experience that can stretch the field is exactly what this team needs. The more I watch the Browns sit idle during this free agency period...the more I believe the Browns PLAN to be back in the top 5 of the 2012 draft, with an opportunity to make a play on Luck with all the draft picks stockpiled this year.
ShadowDawg

Favorite Player: Josh Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:37 pm

ShadowDawg wrote:Gotta agree with Hiko...a fourth rounder for a decent WR with experience that can stretch the field is exactly what this team needs. The more I watch the Browns sit idle during this free agency period...the more I believe the Browns PLAN to be back in the top 5 of the 2012 draft, with an opportunity to make a play on Luck with all the draft picks stockpiled this year.

Too many worse than the Browns in terms of Luck IMO.

Give this offense 6 games and then we can talk. So much will be predicated on how McCoy performs.

If he's trash then Luck may be in play. I just think this offense fits his skill set.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Prosecutor » Sat Aug 13, 2011 6:32 pm

Evans is 30 and the last two years he caught 37 and 44 passes for about 600 yards each season. He seems to be on the downside of his career. I don't know if he's lost a step or what, but his numbers have declined dramatically the last couple of years. He's more of a vertical threat than a possession guy, so he should at least fit in with the Ravens where Flacco has the arm to air it out. I don't think he's a good fit in the WCO.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby hiko » Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:05 pm

My complaint isn't about Lee Evans per se, just that it feels like that the Browns refuse to have anything to do with player acquisition. This ain't the WSOP - you can't fold your way to the 2nd day.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby HoodooMan » Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:30 pm

HEXT!
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:27 pm

After the game, Lee Evans sat in front of his locker staring straight ahead in full uniform for at least 45 minutes.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:23 am

1989 Ronnie Harmon is telling him to suck it up.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:07 pm

Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby jb » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:56 pm

Once a Browns fan , always a Browns fan. That was some deep undercover shit in the mold of Cold war covert ops.

I Love it when a plan comes together.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby TouchEmAllTime » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:06 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:After the game, Lee Evans sat in front of his locker staring straight ahead in full uniform for at least 45 minutes.

I would not have wanted to go anywhere near Lewis or Suggs on the plane if I was Evans or Cundiff yesterday.
Bring the NHL to C-Town.
TouchEmAllTime

Favorite Player: James Haslam
Least Favorite Player: 2013 #1 Pick

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL