Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:09 pm

(DSN) so recently in our memories, there is a rumor floating around that 92.3 FM in Cleveland could have its format flipped by CBS radio into a sports talk channel. There was one thing that DSN taught us for sure and that is that there is demand for choices in Cleveland sports talk. It seems that there might be one on the horizon according to RadioInsight.com. According to their site, a web domain has been registered anonymously since march at 923TheFan.com. Additionally, Radio Insight is sniffing around CBSCleveland.com and Cleveland.CBSLocal.com where there is a locked down WordPress software installation. But is there any truth to it all?

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/2011/ ... cleveland/

Alright. Wonder if they're going to mess this up somehow?

Please don't raid anyone from WKNR please, unless it's LCB and Rizzo, and Rizzo ONLY, none of his dumb little cohosts.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: 92.3 becoming a sports talk station?

Unread postby Cleveland Transplant » Sun Jul 24, 2011 10:23 pm

A shame. Because it's the only radio station I can tolerate when I come back into town when it comes to music.
Cleveland Transplant

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:22 pm

If so, they should come here to mine for talent.

(has a degree in mass media communication)
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Squints » Mon Jul 25, 2011 5:57 pm

Wow, Jammin' 92 an all-sports station. Is it still known as Jammin' 92.3? I remember we had to have that station blarring through the school cafeteria in middle school thanks to all the girls on the student council.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby Spin » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:41 pm

skatingtripods wrote:If so, they should come here to mine for talent.

We need someone local who can take calls and do a good show. I'll write a letter of rec...
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jul 25, 2011 6:44 pm

I want someone who makes fun of the callers, and not just by hanging up on them...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:11 am

Spin wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:If so, they should come here to mine for talent.

We need someone local who can take calls and do a good show. I'll write a letter of rec...

Not to mention someone who can pry themselves from the "sexy" topic of the week for at least part fof the show to talk hockey. ;-) ;) :wink:
Spin

Unread postby Cease » Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:48 pm

I'm hoping the peeps who contribute to this site/board have their demos ready to hand deliver the station. Can't rely on people to find you. You gotta make yourself known. Good luck.

I, for one, do not believe that radio is dead as a medium. It's how you do it, and how they let you do it that are the issues.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby Spin » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:49 pm

Since SportsTalkCleveland went down recently, there's no place to put your show "out there" and work out the kinks anymore.

Which points to more bad local schtick and more network garbage. Chances are we'll wind up with Jim Rome on THREE local stations at once. :gah:

And nobody taking calls.
Spin

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:11 am

Honest question...do people still listen to sports talk radio in Cleveland? I'm not there, so I really don't know what it's like but the little bit I do listen to when I'm home basically seems like PD writers taking calls from Cleveland.com messageboard morons.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:03 pm

Not as many as there use to be. And a ot of us who still do, don't listen near as much as we use to.

The quality of the shows have dropped, and with that the quality of the caller. It's to the point nobody wants to take calls anymore. There are good shows and good calls, but they're few and far between.

If they have good analysts, it's good. If not, or if they rely on interviews, it's awful. Most interviews are the person answering the question with endless cliche's, not telling us a damn thing we didn't know before. That's all true with local and national shows.

To often the national shows (and sometimes the locals) turn to long conversations about Hollywood, music, current events, the host's race horses, or worst of all, THE HOST. They're talk show hosts on the fricken AM radio, but they have the ego of a movie star. And they think we want to hear about them. So to everyone who wants me to pony up monthly payments for sattelite so I can hear NO locals, why? I want to hear about the Browns, no a GD race horse or what he takes to his daughter's youth soccer game.

Short answer: yes some still do. If there were quality local shows, a lot more would...
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:58 pm

I'm kind of ashamed to admit that Fedor hosting the night slot on WKNR can sometimes be a guilty pleasure. He's more tolerable there often, occasionally he'll get obnoxious, but he could improve to be a decent sports talk host if he just stuck to talking about sports...and then taking calls..about sports..

Rizzo...eh...He'd be better off without Hammer and just taking calls, no off topic stuff.

Rome can get tire some and I've kinda stopped listening, Jay Mohr is great as a guest host though. The Clones can get old sometimes with their call-ins.

Reghi+Rhoda..Bump and Run is dumb

Browns Daily- So far, so good. Am trying to figure out how to podcast it.

X's and O's- Probably the best on the station.

Fedor- see above

Really miss Ken Carman. Was perfect in the slot he was in, and just. got it. Took Calls and then wouldn't run callers. f-ing 1350. LOOSE CANNONS SUCKS.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:34 pm

I never thought I'd miss Selector A...
Spin

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:38 pm

gotribe31 wrote:Honest question...do people still listen to sports talk radio in Cleveland? I'm not there, so I really don't know what it's like but the little bit I do listen to when I'm home basically seems like PD writers taking calls from Cleveland.com messageboard morons.

Not anyone with a pulse.

Laziest bunch I ever did see. The day Rizzo or Roda put 5 minutes of prep into the show would be the first. Never mind the lack of talent.

God Bless podcasts.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby moohead » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

I have been doing a NE Ohio themed internet talk show for 7.5 years. I've watched STC, DSN, TPS and others die on the vine. It is a tough thing to financially support.

Before I retired, I owned a group of terrestrial radio stations. Surviving on syndicated weekend football games is tough. Paying real talent is tough. Finding real talent is tough.

Everybody has different tastes when it comes to air personalities. Mostly, Cleveland talent is retread oriented broadcast. Very little real personality.

I wish 92.3 luck. It's an uphill struggle. I hope everyone here at the Fan is doing well

Marc Steenbarger
Moohead Radio
moohead

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:54 pm

It does look like a tough business. KNR has had how many owners and managers? Not to mention WHK and WTAM's sports shows.

I wonder if the quality of callers is due to the internet and discussion forums? We can instantly communicate with each other, where before with call-in shows we had screeners and topics and siting on hold for minutes and hours. Worrying about background noise, coughing/burping/sneezing.

Now you can be heard in an instant. You can comment on games as they happen. You can respond to the other person and start a conversation. or an argument. Or a gang rape.

It seems a lot of callers now either want to be part of the show, or want to disrupt the show. You have producers who hang up at the slightest gaff or pause. You have hosts who will not listen to you if you disagree with them. Or think they disagree with them.

It's all about "having a take". You can't talk sports anymore, you have to have a rehearsed speech, and the host listens, hangs up, and tells everyone what he thinks.

And in Cleveland, it seems like everybody wants to use the tired funny guy/straight guy routine like Lannigan and Malone, Hoolihan and Big Chuck. Tolo and Tapei.

Or, they take on characters, and go point-counterpoint instead of talking and debating with the fans. Rizzo and Hammer. Reghi and Roda. Bentley and Cherry.

Just some opinions and observations I have. It's great bouncing them off someone in the business. Who knows, if KRock is changing formats (again) maybe they're reading these threads.
Spin

Unread postby moohead » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:07 pm

That's why I do the show. It ain't the money! No screeners, instant access on air, lively debates with the host, and unwarranted bombast every day.

I wish there was more to choose from. News oriented sports talk has a place. So does personality sports talk. I can only be one. I do not have news gathering capabilities, so I go the commentary route (that's putting it nicely).

Just remember. You choose what you listen to. If it sucks, then stop!!!

Moo
moohead

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:18 pm

The quality sucks because it's a near impossible business to break in to. Unless you get a decent internship somewhere it's not just AKCG'ing (ass kissing and coffee getting), you have an uphill climb. You either have to start in some bumfuck destination talking about some small town college team or get incredibly lucky and have serious connections.

Then there's a hierarchical dilemma with trying to move up while the guys ahead of you are so content in their cushy positions and won't get fired. They're either there until they die or they screw up so bad that the FCC comes down on the station.

Plus, there's the whole credibility issue. Any one of the writers on here can talk a great deal about sports, make tons of sense, and be one of the best radio personalities in Cleveland. Problem is, 90% or more of the listening audience is going to say "Who the hell is this guy?" and then probably just zone him out because it's not a recognizable name.

More of a business of luck than anything else. Fall in to a good situation and then don't leave it because it's hard to find another one.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby moohead » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:14 pm

I'd love to have a co-host. I did until he went to jail. Seriously. If you want a crack at personality broadcasting, leave me word. Sometimes the best talent is under your nose.

Moo
moohead

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:55 pm

I heard Lynn Toliver was doing a co host with a Great Swammi mash up at drive time.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:41 pm

If you're a fan of the old 92.3 format I wouldn't worry about this.

WKNR was rumored to be going to a sports format years ago and that hasn't materialized either.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:11 pm

^From dead people to dead radio stations???

You have no shame.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:38 am

jb wrote:I heard Lynn Toliver was doing a co host with a Great Swammi mash up at drive time.

To steal one of your own lines...

Snaaaaake Plissken....I've heard of you.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby Spin » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:36 am

jb wrote:I heard Lynn Toliver was doing a co host with a Great Swammi mash up at drive time.

Gee thanx. I had the Swammi song playing in my head all day. "...because I'm the Great Swaamiiiii."
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:50 pm

A quick thought, and agreement with the callers

It's fun to hear the idiots call in and argue their points. people like the bostonian getting chewed out makes for some hilarious radio.

That needs to be ensured in the format regardless.

Triple-S

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:33 am

Triple-S wrote:A quick thought, and agreement with the callers

It's fun to hear the idiots call in and argue their points. people like the bostonian getting chewed out makes for some hilarious radio.

The thing is that's all your going to get w/ local sports talk radio, idiots and their inane ramblings. Most of/all the intelligent sports fans have made their way online and use boards like these to make their points, arguements, etc. When radio was king, there were no other avenues to be heard other than calling in or sending a question in to "Ask Hal". The www gives people the place to have their opinions heard/read not just by people locally but world wide and argue/differ with fans just as intelligent/passionate as they are. The only people your going to get on the radio are those that want to brag that they were on w/ Reghi or those that still get dial up out in East(or West) Bumfuck.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:22 am

Triple-S wrote:A quick thought, and agreement with the callers

Yeah the last couple posts bring something up that's missing now. Characters.

One of the things that helped make Pete Franklyn was Mr. KnowItAll, the Swammi, and all the rest.

Now you get a Bostonian, or the guy in Barberton, and the young punk producers (Hammer) hang up or not let them through in the first place. Too worried about "the show".

Well you know, love em or hate them individually, the characters break up the monotony of sports talk a hell of a lot better than talking about movie stars or other bullshit. Or worse of all, golf... :gah:
Spin

Unread postby BruceK » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:55 am

BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 pm

doesn't the Browns contract with WTAM end fairly soon?

Nationally-known talent Kevin Kiley will team up with Cleveland’s own Chuck Booms weekday mornings from 6:00-10:00AM for the area’s only local morning drive sports-talk show. Kiley & Booms previously co-hosted a national show on the Fox Sports Radio Network. Adam “The Bull”, formerly of WFAN in New York, will fill the afternoon drive time slot from 3:00-7:00PM. The remainder of The Fan lineup will be announced at a later date.

Wooohooo! No Reghi and Rhoda! No Goldhammer! No Fedor!

At least it's different people this go around.

Triple-S

Unread postby moohead » Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:23 pm

I'll have to give Chuck a call and congratulate him. I hope the reunion pays off for those 2.

Moo
moohead

Unread postby Spin » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:28 pm

Just got back from a road trip to Philly, and both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh have FM sports stations. And it works great.

No ccomedy failures, no contrived bickering. No designated haters. Just good hosts and good callers.

Sports talpk ain't dead. It just needs a kick start in Cleveland. If RKR is half as good as Philly and Pitts have, it sucks to be KNR. Ill drive Hammer to the fuckin airport.
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:45 pm

if it's anything like the "Mike and the Mad Dog" channel on Sirius, I'll be impressed.

Seemed to be straight shooters from what I can recall. Kind of, again, why I really enjoyed Ken Carman on 1350.

Triple-S

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:29 pm

btw, Fedor can be a bit of a douche.

ChrisFedor Chris Fedor
1 more request before I step away from Twitter tonight: can we stop the stupid "we are all kipnisses" thing? Thats a LeBron thing. Let it go

Seems he's been reading stuff here I assume.

Triple-S

Unread postby Spin » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:40 am

Just emailled Rizz,

Once August 29 comes around, Hammer will no longer be heard on radios in Cleveland.

Are you going down with him?

I'll lay down big bucks that that one doesn't get read on the air... ::doh::
Spin

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:33 am

Triple-S wrote:btw, Fedor can be a bit of a douche.

ChrisFedor Chris Fedor
1 more request before I step away from Twitter tonight: can we stop the stupid "we are all kipnisses" thing? Thats a LeBron thing. Let it go

Seems he's been reading stuff here I assume.

He just takes the well reasoned, above the fray view on everything. Or, ya, basically a douche.
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:07 pm

I was hearing on the podcast I download of Rizzo and co. (usually cuts out the garbage and leaves the decent stuff), that they've been experimenting with tinkering with the on-air talent running through three scenarios:

1.) one w/just rizz.
2.) one w/rizz and hammer
3.) one w/rizz and fedor.

They won't do anything, and when they will it'll be a desperate hail mary pass. Hammer has it in good with the station manager, so unless a new gig opens up in another city, he's stuck here at least in some capacity.

And you know what? Good riddance. It'll be great to finally listen to sports talk without having to hear about crap about the bachelor and american idol. long live 92.3 the fan.

Triple-S

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Triple-S wrote:I really enjoyed Ken Carman on 1350.

Went to Akron with him. Talked with him sporadically. Seemed like a good dude. Intelligent and well-spoken.
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:49 pm

Triple-S wrote:
And you know what? Good riddance. It'll be great to finally listen to sports talk without having to hear about crap about the bachelor and american idol. long live 92.3 the fan.

You've yet to hear 30 seconds of this new station but you're ready to declare them the winner in the great sports talk radio war?
Larvell Blanks

Unread postby moohead » Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:07 pm

My show chat was spammed by someone pimping the new 92.3FM. Warning me about August 29.

Shit...I fought these wars for 20 years, and how odd is it that a few youthful zealots would find it necessary to spam a boutique internet show like mine.

Let me put it this way. Moohead Radio would gladly promote the new station. They are no threat to a non-monetized show like mine. But now I guess I'll sit back and simply laugh my ass off watching them flail to stay afloat. It is oddly compelling to watch all of this for the 4076th time.

Marc
moohead

Unread postby pup » Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 pm

Larvell Blanks wrote:
Triple-S wrote:

You've yet to hear 30 seconds of this new station but you're ready to declare them the winner in the great sports talk radio war?

While I doubt the new guys will be pop culture free and all, if they are worse than KNR, well let's just say it is about god damn impossible to be worse than KNR. They might be the second worst station in the area instead of the best, but that is still better than being the worst.

No prep.
No skills.
No worthwhile callers.

Pretty much KNR to a T. And I would not be surprised if LeCharles and Cherry find their way to the new station. If you want to define what is wrong with KNR it is pretty much 2 dudes can stroll in from the street, put in a touch of effort and be the best that station has to offer. When everyone else on that staff has been in media for 30 flippin years.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:21 am

BUT WHAT ABOUT MOOHEAD!!!!

HE'S SPAMMED BOARDS TO FOLLOW HIS SHIT FROM HOME RADIO BULLSHIT FOR YEARS AND YEARS AND NOW HE'S BITCHING!!!!

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE CARE?!?!?!?!

MOOHEADRADIO AND VIDEO (I LOVE LOOKING AT MIDDLE AGE LOSERS) 4 LIFE!!!!!!!
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby moohead » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:30 am

No need to yell! I only promote the show on sites that I have permission from. (Realcavsfans, theOBR). Each site has its own policies regarding such things. In truth, I really do no promoting at all.

My point was how foolish it is to spam such a small program when there are 1 million people to convince in NE Ohio. BTW....

I am glad you know about my show. Thanks.

Marc
moohead

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 am

moohead wrote:No need to yell! I only promote the show on sites that I have permission from. (Realcavsfans, theOBR). Each site has its own policies regarding such things. In truth, I really do no promoting at all.

My point was how foolish it is to spam such a small program when there are 1 million people to convince in NE Ohio. BTW....

I am glad you know about my show. Thanks.

Marc

You clearly need e0y2e3 and me on to debate any issue whatsoever. The resultang verbal free for all will get you something. Either some reaction or removed from the internet airwaves.

But it'll be something. Add Souldawg to the mix for the older people online and youre now hitting more key demographics ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby moohead » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:47 am

Believe me. I encourage guys like you all to be on the show. It is hard to get calls from anyone but the diehards, and I'm always looking for a good debate. I pay for the call, so there's nothing stopping you from jumping on. Why not call in and participate? I will sharpen my hooves.

Marc
moohead

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:01 pm

eh, these sports stations without the major teams on their stations are just so much more likely to blow.

e0 spot on again.

e0 on the radio after some guy mentions John Salmons would be captivating. The red eyed fury would be palpable. Donny could have a segment talking about garages, pole barns, 80's showtime Lakers, and Dodge Dart's. Pros could be brought in to give Joe Fan's perspective (he'd need a full 15 minute segment though) during which the hos could go take a shit or something...

This could work.
Orenthal

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:54 pm

I'm starting a radio show. Sports, politics, guns, and advice. Fuck You! radio hour.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:47 pm

I'm going to call you every 15 minutes just to call you a bitch.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:56 pm

That would be impossible. I will have an army of call screeners to make only the highest quality calls get through. Even if you were somehow able to out smart my fail-safe system, I would just drown you out with fart sound FX.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Spin » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:06 pm

So this is CBS Sports Radio. Never listened to it before. Didn't they get all the peeps from Sporting News Radio when TSN was bought and hacked up?

Finally a sports talk show between 12-3 that doesn't have the wanna-be thug and clones. They also swiped the local Westwood One Sports outlet, NFL and Big Ten games.

It runs off the Radio.com app.

yeah, about experimenting with Hammer and Fedor, too little too late fucks. Guess it was a big waste of time filling out all of those advisory board surveys, same old shit and I still haven't got my fuckin T shirt (we could have used it on the rifle range this weekend, we ran out of Pittsburgh Steelers targets). They read all of the results on the air, how a majority of the people hated them, and hated Jom Rome, and they were going to make all of those changes. Shit. Those fucks are all under contract, they have to use them. Just like Munch and Brinda, still being paid, so we gotta find some place to stick them.

And whenever something happens and ESPN calls, "ESPN Cleveland" puts Hammer on the phone. His dad must have something really bad on Karmisan. Hell let them interview Roda during Steelers week. Can't they find anyone from Michigan to round out the Fuck Cleveland team?

Oh well, it won't be long til we have sports talk outside of Cuyahoga Co. at night, Rizzo will be begging to get back on at Fox8, and the frequency where "rock and roll" was born will be rented by some local church. Somewhere Bill Needle, Peter Brown and Paul Tapei are giggling to themselves. :salute:
Spin

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:58 pm

It truly amazes me that the folks up at Ohio State don't hear the crap that comes out of Goldhammer's mouth. Blows my mind that they insist that WKNR be their Cleveland Affiliate. If I were them, I'd give them an ultimatum, either fire the guy or we're packing up and going to WTAM (assuming they don't just go to 92.3 now).

It's one thing to criticize a team for it's performance, quite another to openly admit rooting against them, and resort to name-calling the fanbase and the team.

only 2 weeks away. :dingle:

Triple-S

Next

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture