Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Alex White isn't that sad to be gone.

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Alex White isn't that sad to be gone.

Unread postby Watt » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:46 pm

"Denver or Cleveland, Denver or Cleveland? Let's be honest, I'll take Denver. With the exception of a few people." This was the tweet sent out by Alex White(notes) (@Alex_White6) at 11:47 a.m. on Tuesday, Aug. 2.

There were fans upset when Alex White was included in the deal that brought Ubaldo Jimenez(notes) to the Cleveland Indians. For this young pitcher, that does not seem to matter. What loyalties does he have to the city? None. He simply pitched a few games here.

As fans of any sports team, we have close emotional ties to the team and to specific players. What we often do not realize is that our love for them is often not reciprocated. Gone are the days where players dedicate their careers to a specific team. It is a new era now where players chase either big contracts or championships.

Did Alex White say anything that bad? Not really, but is it necessary to give a smack in the face to the fans who supported you and were ready to cheer you on in your young career? We know our city does not have the draw of others. We are a hard-working blue-collar city that loves our sports teams. We love our professional athletes wholeheartedly until they break our hearts.

White did not leave the Indians organization as a free agent opting for big money or more fame. For Tribe fans, he was a victim in a trade. We didn't want to see him go. White and Drew Pomeranz were to be our one-two punch of the future.

A classier thing to do would be to thank the fans for all the support they have given. To go on a public forum, such as Twitter, and make a comment like that to such a passionate fan base shows a serious lack of maturity. You have every right to be happy. You may have no ties to our humble city that we happily call home, but what positive can come out of such a public comment?

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ycn-8902451

Hope he feels the same way once he's pitching in Coors Field.
Watt
Talent On Loan From God

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Luis Valbuena

Re: Alex White isn't that sad to be gone.

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Didn't some reporter speak with White when he was leaving the stadium the day he was traded, and he said something like "I think it is a stupid trade" If he really said that, I would take these new comments more of him being bitter and pissed that he was traded, not like he was glad to leave.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Saw that while I was getting a a few allergy shots this afternoon and, to be honest, it didn't bother me.

Don't know if that's because it was innocuous or because I'm immune to such things. Or maybe it's because Denver is that nice.

Not sure.

I'm magnanimous. I wish Alex White as long and productive a career as Adam Miller has had. :hide:

When all is said and done Alex White and I just don't give a shit about each other.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:07 pm

All things being equal, I'd also rather go to Denver than Miami at least!! Alex White is just stating in so many words that he's taking his talents to the front range.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Honestly I just think he is being a normal immature kid. He is just pissed he got traded, so he is throwing a a tantrum and lashing out like a child. Probably because he feels a little "betrayed" or something. Kind of along the lines when you hear players say "I'm going to make the 29 other teams who didn't draft me pay"
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:47 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:Honestly I just think he is being a normal immature kid. He is just pissed he got traded, so he is throwing a a tantrum and lashing out like a child. Probably because he feels a little "betrayed" or something. Kind of along the lines when you hear players say "I'm going to make the 29 other teams who didn't draft me pay"

Like Tom Brady?
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:04 pm

Of course he's gonna say Colorado, he's going to be pitching for them. Would he actually say Cleveland and that he wish he never was traded? No way. Rockie fans would be pissed. He just has to make the best of things now.

He could always come back to the Tribe after he's a free agent.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:15 pm

I'm so confused.

The media is evil for looking down on Cleveland and supporting regions with money.

Outside players that talk down on Cleveland are the anti-christ.

LBJ is the anti-christ.

But this kid pretty much says, "yeah, why would I want to live in Cleveland over Denver?" (which is a true statement, although there are a lot of cities you can sub in there) and everyone is okay with it? I mean, I'm okay w/ it but what line is this double standard centered upon? Because he's a kid? Because he was traded? I mean WTF. Every time anyone else talks shit on Ohio they are lit on fire.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:48 pm

It was much funnier when Oil Can Boyd used to talk shit about Cleveland

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I'm so confused.

The media is evil for looking down on Cleveland and supporting regions with money.

Outside players that talk down on Cleveland are the anti-christ.

LBJ is the anti-christ.

But this kid pretty much says, "yeah, why would I want to live in Cleveland over Denver?" (which is a true statement, although there are a lot of cities you can sub in there) and everyone is okay with it? I mean, I'm okay w/ it but what line is this double standard centered upon? Because he's a kid? Because he was traded? I mean WTF. Every time anyone else talks shit on Ohio they are lit on fire.

Its not about talking shit on Cleveland, He doesn't have to like Cleveland. There is just a certain amount of class that people in general should have. Of course people would rather live in Denver. Its just when it is stated in spite or has the intention of trying to be insultful, its kind of annoying.

Again IMO Its pretty obvious when you look at his quotes he is just pissed off he got traded. So he is acting like a child, I'm not angry I'm just pointing out the kid is immature and obviously does not know how to be a professional. Hopefully Todd Helton and teach him a thing or two

Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:09 pm

WTF? Is it possible for an athlete to leave Cleveland...in any way...without getting one last kick in the sac on the way out?

Does this happen in every city and it just never lands on my radar?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Pressrunnr » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:25 pm

Then there's this: He had a nice few starts in Cleveland before he got hurt,and I would've liked to see more ... and don't wish him any ill will, and I think he will ultimately succeed at the major league level and maybe even be a star. BUT ... for Alex White, 23, it isn't yet exactly a choice between Cleveland and Denver. I mean, he hasn't quite made it yet. Will he? Again, probably. But I don't see his comments so much as a slap at Cleveland as they are talk from a presumptuous young guy who's read too many clippings about how much the Indians gave up.
Pressrunnr

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:42 pm

motherscratcher wrote:

I can think of a couple Carmelo Anthony, Jason Taylor ( though that was more at Big fat Bill Parcells than Miami) Chris Bosh, Vince Carter, I'm sure there are loads more, those are just the ones off of the top of my head.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:WTF? Is it possible for an athlete to leave Cleveland...in any way...without getting one last kick in the sac on the way out?

It happens everywhere, come on. You guys are just extra sensitive about it for some reason. And because you wouldn't even pay attention to someone else saying it about another city. It's like when you buy a car and suddenly everyone is driving that car.
Lokais

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:12 pm

Jim Thome said they would have to rip the jersey off his back, he liked it here so much.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 pm

I mean, come on guys. How can you forget "I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"
Lokais

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:13 pm

motherscratcher wrote:WTF? Is it possible for an athlete to leave Cleveland...in any way...without getting one last kick in the sac on the way out?

It's odd. I'm not sure why the kid couldn't have just said I'm ecstatic to be going to Denver and pitching for the Colorado Rockies...I can't wait. I think that would be quite sufficient. No need for him to mention the city of Cleveland at all.
scrambler

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:17 pm

Lokais wrote:I mean, come on guys. How can you forget "I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

You forgot the line when that Korean woman cut him off in traffic.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:18 pm

Lokais wrote:I mean, come on guys. How can you forget "I'd retire first. It's the most hectic, nerve-racking city. Imagine having to take the 7 train to the ballpark looking like you're riding through Beirut next to some kid with purple hair, next to some queer with AIDS, right next to some dude who just got out of jail for the fourth time, right next to some 20-year-old mom with four kids. It's depressing... The biggest thing I don't like about New York are the foreigners. You can walk an entire block in Times Square and not hear anybody speaking English. Asians and Koreans and Vietnamese and Indians and Russians and Spanish people and everything up there. How the hell did they get in this country?"

Someone actually said that? Wow, that's scary. Had to be a really dumb guy or something.
scrambler

Unread postby 1Perry » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:20 pm

He shouldn't have said what he did perhaps but I can imagine saying something similiar at that age so I'll give him a pass and if he ever comes back all is forgotten.

Thome wasn't a wet being the ears kid.
1Perry
The Shapiro of Posters

Unread postby redneckofsc » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Pic of Rocker's girlfriend:

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby OldDawg » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:28 pm

If I recall, CC Sabathia bought a full-page thank you ad in the PD after he got traded. That was class. No problems with how CC, Lee, and a handful of others departed from Cleveland.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Eff Alex White in his ear. Show a little class to an org and a city that drafted you and spent a lot of money on a signing bonus for you.

Kid acts like he's actually done something in the majors. I'm half tempted to send a Todd VanPoppel baseball card to his attention at Rockies team headquarters, drenched in the patchouli oil that Ziner and all those god damn Colorado granola eating hippies wear.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:09 pm

Googled the name since I wasn't familiar with him. This little clip is from Wiki: Van Poppel was signed to a major league contract rather than the standard minor league contract, the A's only had a limited number of minor league options they could use on him. Must have had Borass as his agent. I think we had a pitcher who was brought on under those terms, right? If I remember correctly the name Jeremy Guthrie wants to attach to that fact. Too lazy to Google two things....
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 pm

As others have said, there aren't too many cities that Denver isn't nicer than. Maybe four or five I'd rather live in.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:16 pm

I don't know the context. Could very well be he was appealing to a new fan base and group of media and playing to them. Making too much of it IMO. Maybe even joking around.

I just don't care if he ends up being Adam Miller because he's no longer a part of this org and I honestly don't care about him any longer.

It's not a Don't Piss on Cleveland thing at all.

I left Cleveland for Phoenix 10 years ago. I'd personally rather live in Phoenix.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:21 pm

As I said, my issue isn't with the logic. You couldn't pay me enough to move back to Ohio.

That said, I'm just used to insane overreactions due to the Cleveland Inferiority Complex whenever ANYONE hints at Cleveland (or Ohio) being inferior.

It's almost , like, people are growing up.....
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm

There are 7 other Midwest metro areas that are pretty similar to us quality of life wise: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, KC, Cincinnati, etc. Why are we the only one that consistently gets this garbage in the media? Did we ever ask to be compared to the glamour/scenic cities in America?
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:25 pm

I bought a Todd Van Poppel autographed baseball at a sports auction in the late 1990s...for $4.

Also got an Alvaro Espinoza ball for $6. (No one would dare forge Alvaro's signature, my reasoning went). That's how much Van Poppel fell off the surface of the earth.
Last edited by Dellucci TailGator on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:26 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:There are 5-6 other Midwest cities (and by cities, I mean metro areas) that are pretty similar to us quality of life wise: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, KC, Cincinnati, etc. Why are we the only one that consistently gets this garbage in the media? Did we ever ask to be compared to the glamour/scenic cities in America?

I can personally say I would live in Pitt or St. Louis WAY before Cleveland.

Haven't been to all of em, but seriously, Cleveland, Detroit and Cinn are similar. I think you're taking some serious liberties w/ the rest of your list.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 pm

There is nothing similar to Detroit. My uncle lives there and every visit more and more looks like scenes from Mogadishu.
Last edited by Dellucci TailGator on Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:29 pm

I can personally say I would live in Pitt of St. Louis WAY before Cleveland.

Haven't been to all of em, but seriously, Cleveland, Detroit and Cinn are similar. I think you're taking some serious liberties w/ the rest of your list.

I can't speak for Pitt beyond my Penguins game trips wherein I spend my time in a 2 block radius. But I lived in St. Louis for a year and I think we have it much better in Cleveland. Their crime is awful and the dining/entertainment options aren't as good.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:30 pm

Meh, every time I have been there I have found it nicer, if you are looking at the city the crime is damn similar to Cleveland and the economy is better.

Also the demos are trending, well, not to a population of zero in a hundred years.

And Pitt is actually a really nice city. Not my cup of tea at all, but a nice all around city.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 pm

There is nothing similar to Detroit. my uncle lives there and every visit more and more looks like scenes from Mogadishu.

And that's why I had my metro area caveat. Downtown is a disaster but Oakland County (Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester Hills, etc.) is one of the nicest in the US.
Kingpin74

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:33 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:There are 7 other Midwest metro areas that are pretty similar to us quality of life wise: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, KC, Cincinnati, etc. Why are we the only one that consistently gets this garbage in the media? Did we ever ask to be compared to the glamour/scenic cities in America?

Cleveland isn't the only place that gets it.

You hear about it here because it's noted here.

Do you have any idea what Colby Rasmus said upon leaving St Louis or Hunter Pence from Houston?

Not likely, because no one here cares and the media/bloggers here wouldn't mention it.

It's geo-centric.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Oh Houston... uhg.

I may choose death by a thousand paper cuts over even visiting there ever again.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:40 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Kingpin74 wrote:There are 7 other Midwest metro areas that are pretty similar to us quality of life wise: Pittsburgh, Detroit, Milwaukee, St. Louis, KC, Cincinnati, etc. Why are we the only one that consistently gets this garbage in the media? Did we ever ask to be compared to the glamour/scenic cities in America?

Do you have any idea what Colby Rasmus said upon leaving St Louis or Hunter Pence from Houston?

Not likely, because no one here cares and the media/bloggers here wouldn't mention it.

It's geo-centric.

That's what I was wondering. Not too worried about what he said. It just seems like a lot of people take swipes on the way out and I didn't know if it was like that everywhere.

Also, Pittsburgh is a really nice city IMO.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:41 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:
There is nothing similar to Detroit. my uncle lives there and every visit more and more looks like scenes from Mogadishu.

And that's why I had my metro area caveat. Downtown is a disaster but Oakland County (Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Rochester Hills, etc.) is one of the nicest in the US.

Nice, but I'd kill myself if I had to live there out of sheer boredom and Pleasantville undertones.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:

It's geo-centric.

Exactly. That's what I was saying as well. You notice it because it's your city and you're reading about players coming and going from your city.
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:43 pm

Also, to be fair, Clevelanders tend to be a bit sensitive about people who decide to leave Cleveland.
Lokais

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 pm

And because after years of being a sports laughing stock Cleveland sports fans are pretty sensitive (which again, is why this thread shocks me, it's the anti-thesis of every other message board reaction to a similar statement ever)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:46 pm

My only point (and it's a tired one) is that I get annoyed by the national meme that it's so crappy here. Is it just a legitimate opinion from the 70's and 80's that lazily survived today? I just meant that there are other similar cities that you never hear too much about because they're kept in context.

And Pittsburgh is very nice and seems to be considered as such nationally. But I think that beyond a much better showcasing of their waterfront, it's a pretty comparable place to here when you get down to it (non-glamorous but functional downtown, cold weather, nice suburbs, great people, etc.)
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Naw, Pittsburg is a much nicer city. You are living in delusion if you think the city itself is even comprable to Cleveland. And downtown Cleveland is barely even a city when you consider the lack of development, people living there, economy, etc. It reminds me of Hartford, a shell that people go to work at or to watch a game at then leave.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:53 pm

St. Louis is a shithole. Detroit makes St. Louis look like San Diego.

Both are vastly inferior to Cleveland. On every level or metric you could measure them.

All bias aside, I like CTown better than the Nati as well. Never been to Milwaukee or KC. Pittsburgh has some nice spots if you can get past the mouth breathers everywhere.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:56 pm

Naw, Pittsburg is a much nicer city. You are living in delusion if you think the city itself is even comprable to Cleveland. And downtown Cleveland is barely even a city when you consider the lack of development, people living there, economy, etc. It reminds me of Hartford, a shell that people go to work at or to watch a game at then leave.

I live in the suburbs so I might be the wrong person to opine on this subject. I just think the swipes at our downtown are overblown. We have pretty much any entertainment option you would want (aside from a hardcore clubbing or live music scene, which I couldn't care less about), the restaurants are really good and stand up nationally, and it's as safe in the popular areas as most comparable cities. I mean, how many really thriving downtowns are there in America right now? Probably no more than 15.
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:58 pm

Fair enough, I'd throw myself in front of a semi before I'd live in the suburbs anywhere. But my visits to Cleveland feel less like I am visiting a real city and more like I am visiting a shell of a city where people go for work/food and then run away to their suburban home.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:04 pm

Fair enough, I'd throw myself in front of a semi before I'd live in the suburbs anywhere. But my visits to Cleveland feel less like I am visiting a real city and more like I am visiting a shell of a city where people go for work/food and then run away to their suburban home.

You live in Boston though, which has one of the better downtowns in the country. I'm just trying to stack Cleveland up against its peers. Pittsburgh may look nicer in spots but I'm guessing the numbers of young people who actually live downtown (and their social options) are pretty similar. And you're right about the Cleveland suburbs but those suburbs are usually 15 traffic-free minutes away from Downtown. I think that's a big factor in our favor and doesn't always happen elsewhere.
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:06 pm

Meh, you can say it about a ton of cities. And if I didn't live in Boston I'd live in NYC, Chicago, Toronto or SF. Suburbs suck.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:07 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Fair enough, I'd throw myself in front of a semi before I'd live in the suburbs anywhere. But my visits to Cleveland feel less like I am visiting a real city and more like I am visiting a shell of a city where people go for work/food and then run away to their suburban home.

Spit out a couple kids and get back to me.

Valid point on CTown though. They've badly bungled lakefront development and downtown housing. Its a shame. For many other positive reasons, would never be mentioned in the same vein as the Detroits of America if they hadn't.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:10 pm

No doubt kids are a different animal. There's a reason I have no plans on having any.

And yeah, this is why I was so impressed by the Browns lakefront development plans. Somebody needs to do something there, it's a damn joke the city has been developed as it has.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Next

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB