Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:50 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Lokais wrote:I'm glad to see this board is so cosmopolitan that every time we talk about an Asian player we have to make a big thing about it and make fun of a bunch of Asian stuff. Classy stuff, guys. Classy.

If you havnt noticed people are also making fun of the whitest person in the world...Jesus.

Either its all okay to make fun of or none of it. Get over it, stop crying, nobody is serious, no racial slurs were thrown, grow up.

Jesus lived in the middle east. The only folks who believe he is that white were the white people painting all of those pictures.

;-) ;) :wink:
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 10:15 am

WiscTribeFan wrote:
Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Lokais wrote:I'm glad to see this board is so cosmopolitan that every time we talk about an Asian player we have to make a big thing about it and make fun of a bunch of Asian stuff. Classy stuff, guys. Classy.

If you havnt noticed people are also making fun of the whitest person in the world...Jesus.

Either its all okay to make fun of or none of it. Get over it, stop crying, nobody is serious, no racial slurs were thrown, grow up.

Jesus lived in the middle east. The only folks who believe he is that white were the white people painting all of those pictures.

I wasn't making fun of Jesus. Just his ability to play ball. Guy still had some other skills he could fall back.

Lotta dudes go into broadcasting. Jesus had a ministry. It was a good fit because dude was verbose and likely woulda been explaining one pitch while an entire inning passed.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 2:18 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lokais wrote:OH NO

I wasn't going to say anything because I don't have a dog in this fight and Fukudome being Asian is completely irrelevant, but dude...you sound like a crazy person.

WTF has gotten into you?

Then I'll fit right in with all the people who complain about how we're always rebuilding and rage against the "next year" mentality of the Indians and then cry when we give up prospects for a proven player who can win now. And I'll fit in with the same group of people who seem to get no joy out of baseball whatsoever because they are too busy being miserable about it all the time, yet they let the sport consume most of their free time.
Lokais

Unread postby Spin » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:05 pm

Lokais wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

I wasn't going to say anything because I don't have a dog in this fight and Fukudome being Asian is completely irrelevant, but dude...you sound like a crazy person.

WTF has gotten into you?

Then I'll fit right in with all the people who complain about how we're always rebuilding and rage against the "next year" mentality of the Indians and then cry when we give up prospects for a proven player who can win now. And I'll fit in with the same group of people who seem to get no joy out of baseball whatsoever because they are too busy being miserable about it all the time, yet they let the sport consume most of their free time.

How about all of the ones who promised (seemingly to no one) that they weren't going to spend a penny on the team until they were contenders, and still don't support the 2011 team.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Spin wrote:
Lokais wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

WTF has gotten into you?

How about all of the ones who promised (seemingly to no one) that they weren't going to spend a penny on the team until they were contenders, and still don't support the 2011 team.

Another fun group for sure.

I guess I just don't get it. It used to be that I came here to keep informed because a good amount of you know a lot about the sport in ways that I can't even imagine knowing it. But now, no matter what is going on in the game, it seems that a vocal minority (I hope it is the minority anyway) makes it so you have to sift through pages and pages of the same old arguments over and over again to find any sort of useful information.
Lokais

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Lokais wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

WTF has gotten into you?

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other. It just seemed like you went off the deep end there. No big deal, just a little out of character is all.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Jul 31, 2011 4:34 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
Lokais wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

WTF has gotten into you?

Not sure what one thing has to do with the other. It just seemed like you went off the deep end there. No big deal, just a little out of character is all.

Lok, drop it man. You got your "Classy" shot in. You're keeping the topic alive for four pages.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:36 pm

Guy seems plenty more productive then Buck. Game tying RBI and a double in back to back games.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:

YOU SHUT YUR MOUTH YOU HIPPY......JESUS WAS A WHITE! :lmfao:
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby TribeinLA » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:45 pm

We struck out with acquiring a bat if is all we came away with.

Ubaldo takes a lot of heat off, but I thought this guy was merely a gash stopper who could make everyone around him get better pitches to hit. I think he needs to be moved to the 2 hole, though. I thought for sure we would try to get Ludwick, Upton, or a RH stick worthy of bumping Kearns. I know...waivers game to play now, but looks like we're gonna ride it out and hope Choo comes back and ready to be Choo.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:52 pm

Lokais wrote:Though I don't know why I keep arguing with you, since you are apparently completely incapable of arguing what has actually been said, and therefore need to try to make the argument something it isn't so you can continue to prove my point by making really painfully unfunny jokes like about eating at Chinese restaurants or something.

Humor is all subjective, just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it isn't. I didn't bring up your main point because I honestly didn't think that you were so ridiculous that you think you are truly right in judging something to be funny and having it not be. It may not be funny to you but its funny to somebody and that is the point.

And honestly I don't care if you don't find it funny because I did and to me that is all that matters. I don't care if some guy on a message board doesn't find something funny. I actually think that fact that a joke made you so angry is :lmfao:
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:54 pm

Lokais wrote:AND BECAUSE THERE IS NOW AN ASIAN PLAYER ON THE INDIANS!!!!!

There already was one...... Choo.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:26 pm

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Lokais wrote:Though I don't know why I keep arguing with you, since you are apparently completely incapable of arguing what has actually been said, and therefore need to try to make the argument something it isn't so you can continue to prove my point by making really painfully unfunny jokes like about eating at Chinese restaurants or something.

Humor is all subjective, just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean it isn't. I didn't bring up your main point because I honestly didn't think that you were so ridiculous that you think you are truly right in judging something to be funny and having it not be. It may not be funny to you but its funny to somebody and that is the point.

And honestly I don't care if you don't find it funny because I did and to me that is all that matters. I don't care if some guy on a message board doesn't find something funny. I actually think that fact that a joke made you so angry is :lmfao:

If you started telling black, gay, pick your minority jokes that were only funny to you, would that be also be acceptable to post?
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:36 pm

TribeinLA wrote:We struck out with acquiring a bat if is all we came away with.

Ubaldo takes a lot of heat off, but I thought this guy was merely a gash stopper who could make everyone around him get better pitches to hit. I think he needs to be moved to the 2 hole, though. I thought for sure we would try to get Ludwick, Upton, or a RH stick worthy of bumping Kearns. I know...waivers game to play now, but looks like we're gonna ride it out and hope Choo comes back and ready to be Choo.

Seriously dude. Try and think past today. And not literally today if you can dig.

They added an ace for at least two years after this.

They cleared OC for Kipnis to play everyday.

They are giving Kipnis and Chisenhall a crash course in major league-ology.

If they get it this year great. But they didn't make this move for this year alone. They made it for next season more than this year. The fact they didn't pay a bit more for Ludwick should get that through for you.

You can find a bat like his in August should you be in the race. They're building this team for next season and 2013 by keeping their best major league hitting prospects here and dealing the guys who most often miss. They have the makings of an excellent staff and they hope the kids are ready to jump right in the deep end by next year when they also get Choo back and healthy.

Recognize what's going on rather than posting out of immediate emotion. Think it through.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:46 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:
If you started telling black, gay, pick your minority jokes that were only funny to you, would that be also be acceptable to post?

yes and no. It depends on the intent. If the person is using humor as a disguise for being a bigot or a racist then no. As long as their is no ill intent and it is honestly just in fun with no ill will then yes it is.

However racial slurs are a whole different ballgame and should never be used.
Last edited by Dnthateonthepronk on Mon Aug 01, 2011 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby bookelly » Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:22 am

Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby scrambler » Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I'd been gone for several days....here's the Fukodome thread!!

Any particular reason this guy isn't hitting leadoff for this crew?? for all the moaning and whining about this trade and not getting the great Ryan Ludwick or BJ Upton, which is fine, the man is a consistent .370 plus OBP guy which this team doesn't have a plethora of sitting around. A man with a consistent .370 plus OBP for the last 3 years running is a freaking upgrade offensively whether anyone wants to acknowledge it or not. It's pretty obvious where the guy should be hitting.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby swerb » Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 pm

Die, thread! Die!
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:07 pm

scrambler wrote:I'd been gone for several days....here's the Fukodome thread!!

Any particular reason this guy isn't hitting leadoff for this crew?? for all the moaning and whining about this trade and not getting the great Ryan Ludwick or BJ Upton, which is fine, the man is a consistent .370 plus OBP guy which this team doesn't have a plethora of sitting around. A man with a consistent .370 plus OBP for the last 3 years running is a freaking upgrade offensively whether anyone wants to acknowledge it or not. It's pretty obvious where the guy should be hitting.

His OBP is better in three other positions in the lineup over leadoff. Brantley puts together some good ABs as well and isn't over matched. Fukodome will be gone for years while Brantley hits in that spot AND Fukodome is coming to a new city and team.

They seem to be playing for the future as much as now.

If Brantley was the only cipher I'd be inclined to agree more but I'm fine with Fukodome where they use him now.

YMMV

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:21 am

Can I add he isn't Travis Buck...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB