Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:16 pm

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
The Math God wrote:I do not think the Tribe is done.
I like Fukudome, but he was not at the top of my wish list.

Could he be the first step in getting Kuroda?

Lol,what? How could getting Fukudome be a step in getting Kuroda?

step 1: trade for Fukudome

Step2: kidnap Kuroda's family so he has to go along with everything we say.

Step 3. Switch Kuroda and Fukudome

Step 4: tell the world we have made Fukudome into a pitcher. It will work because all Asians look the same.

Step 5: profit

They are from the same part of Japan (I think), so that might help Kuroda waive his NTC. Not saying this is why they got Fuku.

forgot step 6 which is afterwards hang out with Chris Tucker and make tons of cash making terrible sequels
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

Unread postby Lokais » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:22 pm

I'm glad to see this board is so cosmopolitan that every time we talk about an Asian player we have to make a big thing about it and make fun of a bunch of Asian stuff. Classy stuff, guys. Classy.
Lokais

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Commodore Perry wrote:This team could trade for Jesus Christ, and people would be complaining Dolan was too cheap to get God the Father himself.

Jesus was a notoriously horrible hitter. Wouldn't swing at anything in anger, even worse in a bench-clearing brawl sitting all smug in the dugout turning the other cheek.

And the sandals provided TERRIBLE traction in the OF. Guy couldn't go back on the ball at all.

Helluva an arm though. And easily worth the two guys the Tribe gave up because dude would pack the park full.

Not only would he pack the park full, he'd feed them all with just the clubhouse spread.

His least favorite player-Lenny "Nails" Dykstra.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:12 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
pup wrote:Cant wait for you guys to actually watch this scrub flail at the plate. Just like the outfielders we were starting flail at the plate.

If you are happy with trading shit for shit to replace shit, this is a deal for you. If you were hoping Lil Mark was different than Big Mark and they would actually take a chance and make a move TO IMPROVE the team, well, we are most of the way to that final answer.

Ok, who should we trade for? And who areyou willing to part with to get him/them?

I want them to trade for anyone that makes them better. Will/was the price too high for an Upton/Pence/Jimenez? Guess we won't really know until those guys get moved (if they get moved).

Outside of that, anyone but Pom and White is more than available. And when I say anyone, I mean anyone. Big league club, minors...whoever.

If we are not going to improve ourselves to the point that we have a better chance to make the playoffs this year, than I would have preferred they sold the couple of assets they have in the bullpen to improve themselves for the future.

I could care less about Carlton Smith. Abreu as well. Has nothing to do with what was given up. Has everything to do with acquiring some chud some people want to call a marginal improvement over Travis Buck. Marginal improvement over Travis Buck? Good god. Some of you guys would have gone home at the end of the night with Rosanne Barr, since she was a marginal improvement over Rosie O'Donnel.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:15 pm

Dellucci TailGator wrote:
pup wrote:Cant wait for you guys to actually watch this scrub flail at the plate. Just like the outfielders we were starting flail at the plate.

If you are happy with trading shit for shit to replace shit, this is a deal for you. If you were hoping Lil Mark was different than Big Mark and they would actually take a chance and make a move TO IMPROVE the team, well, we are most of the way to that final answer.

The Indians, marginally, improved themselves with no cost. But your mantra is that the Indians' organization is a failure pile in a sadness bowl, so you push as hard as you can to put this trade into that mold.

That's intellectual dishonesty.

But carry on.

Actually, this season I have been pretty positive about what they have done. If you notice, my hate is with only one person in this organization. And I was hopeful that his promotion would allow someone else to make some calls.

Seeing the same old stories the last week or so though...well the apple does not fall far from the tree. Same old story.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:17 pm

On the who to target front.

Some explain to me why, if we are going to add a LH OF, where were we on the Colby Rasmus front? Did we even kick some tires?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:30 pm

pup wrote:On the who to target front.

Some explain to me why, if we are going to add a LH OF, where were we on the Colby Rasmus front? Did we even kick some tires?

I would have liked to see the Tribe go after that guy.

Perhaps they did look into it and decided, ala La Russa, that Rasmus and his helicopter dad weren't worth the trouble.

But let's say they did decide they wanted Rasmus. You'd figure they'd have to give up something comparable to what the Jays gave up. Ultimately, the Jays gave up Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, Octavio Dotel, Mark Rzczypenski, Corey Patterson and three PTBNL. Plus they took on Mark Teahen and his salary.

That's quite a bit. What would the Indians have to give up that's comparable? They wouldn't be able to spin a couple players to the Sox to get Edwin Jackson, so you'd figure they'd have to give up a starting pitcher of his caliber from what they already have.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:54 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:
pup wrote:On the who to target front.

I would have liked to see the Tribe go after that guy.

Perhaps they did look into it and decided, ala La Russa, that Rasmus and his helicopter dad weren't worth the trouble.

But let's say they did decide they wanted Rasmus. You'd figure they'd have to give up something comparable to what the Jays gave up. Ultimately, the Jays gave up Jason Frasor, Zach Stewart, Octavio Dotel, Mark Rzczypenski, Corey Patterson and three PTBNL. Plus they took on Mark Teahen and his salary.

That's quite a bit. What would the Indians have to give up that's comparable? They wouldn't be able to spin a couple players to the Sox to get Edwin Jackson, so you'd figure they'd have to give up a starting pitcher of his caliber from what they already have.

Fausto.
Smith.
Perez.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:42 am

Lokais wrote:I'm glad to see this board is so cosmopolitan that every time we talk about an Asian player we have to make a big thing about it and make fun of a bunch of Asian stuff. Classy stuff, guys. Classy.

Who made fun of Asian stuff?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:06 am

Lokais wrote:I'm glad to see this board is so cosmopolitan that every time we talk about an Asian player we have to make a big thing about it and make fun of a bunch of Asian stuff. Classy stuff, guys. Classy.

If you havnt noticed people are also making fun of the whitest person in the world...Jesus.

Either its all okay to make fun of or none of it. Get over it, stop crying, nobody is serious, no racial slurs were thrown, grow up.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:08 am

pup wrote:. Some of you guys would have gone home at the end of the night with Rosanne Barr, since she was a marginal improvement over Rosie O'Donnel.

Hey Vagina is Vagina :dingle: .......... ::doh::
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby bookelly » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:31 am

motherscratcher wrote:

I said "Asians in the Outfield" (bad pun on the Disney movie) 'cause Choo and Fuka...

/no offense was met. Two guys in my band are asian. They thought it was mildly funny.
//I will go to penalty box and feel shame.

///And Colby Rasmus is gonna make Milton Bradley look like Lou Gehrig. Guy is still 15 years old apparently. You think a team with Pronk and OCab would tolerate a little bitch? No way. Good move in staying away.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 am

bookelly wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:

I said "Asians in the Outfield" (bad pun on the Disney movie) 'cause Choo and Fuka...

/no offense was met. Two guys in my band are asian. They thought it was mildly funny.
//I will go to penalty box and feel shame.

///And Colby Rasmus is gonna make Milton Bradley look like Lou Gehrig. Guy is still 15 years old apparently. You think a team with Pronk and OCab would tolerate a little bitch? No way. Good move in staying away.

Nonsense.

A little petulance at 24 is quite aways from Milton Bradley. And OCab would tolerate it, cause guys who stink are paid no nevermind.

The Tribe needs TALENT on offense. A guy with 5 tool potential, who is paying his dues at 22 and 23 IN THE SHOW (unlike some guys that some on these boards go ape-shit for cause they had a good minor league year at 26) and who is small market affordable for awhile.....that's a valuable guy.

And the left-handed/right-handed bullshit. Not in a position to be picky. Again, they need guys that can PLAY. When you're carrying 3 or 4 outs in the line-up each and every night, you send anyone up there that can hit, no matter the side.

Lastly, I'm not in the know. Maybe they inquired and the price was too high, but I'd like to know which of the many "prospects" you guys think will end up with a better career than Colby Rasmus? Are there any outfield prospects that are even close?

Look, is you wanna stand pat and not give up your prospects for veteran garbage, fine. Rasmus ain't in that category. But if you wanna step up and make something happen (like you keep yelling in the media) than this woulda been a nice shot. Hats of to Toronto. By the way, this is to Pup's point, I believe. It's not that the got Fuko. It's that they've been "shouting from the mountain tops"....and got Fuko.

I understand those of you who think they improved the team. But I also understand those who say replacing a guy who might really, really blow with a guy that blows is no great shakes.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:50 am

I'd give up Fausto in a heartbeat for Rasmus.

Cards would be insane to take him.

Interestingly, Fausto has a career ERA of 4.55. Edwin Jackson's is 4.53. But Fausto's ERA has been over 5.00 for four of his six seasons while Edwin has had that happen one out of five full seasons, and it was his first full season.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jul 29, 2011 8:58 am

pup wrote:I want them to trade for anyone that makes them better. Will/was the price too high for an Upton/Pence/Jimenez? Guess we won't really know until those guys get moved (if they get moved).

There aren't too many MLB OFs who don't make you better than Kearns/Buck/Carrera/Sloth.

That's the point w/Fukudome.

But anyone who thinks BJ Upton is the answer better think about the question.

He's actually reportedly less an asshole than Rasmus (who has issues a la Cory Snyder and his dad for those who remember that) but he's also less productive and more lazy.

Upton is a fucking tease. Milton Bradley is a better player.

Yeah, Upton is better than what's currently there. But so is Fukudome.

Pick someone other than Upton if you're making a marquis player argument.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 am

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:I'd give up Fausto in a heartbeat for Rasmus.

Cards would be insane to take him.

Interestingly, Fausto has a career ERA of 4.55. Edwin Jackson's is 4.53. But Fausto's ERA has been over 5.00 for four of his six seasons while Edwin has had that happen one out of five full seasons, and it was his first full season.

Maybe the Cards should have looked past all those, those....numbers and just looked at his last start. Clearly when you take that into account he would totally be worth taking for Rasmus.

A #5 starter making $7M next year. Oooo, that's attractive. Dave Duncan can fix him! :lmfao:
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:42 am

The thing about the Rasmus trade is that St. Louis wanted ML talent because they're only 1.5 back in the Central and they are in win now mode with Berkman and Pujols set to hit FA after this season.
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:13 pm

If you can find me an Albanian baseball player you are more then welcome to make jokes. Problem is we haven't, as a people, achieved much success on the sports field/diamond/pitch. Our talents are better utilized in child abduction, gun running, and mafia style crime portrayed on just about any media outlet.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby T_N_T » Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:57 pm

Kosuke has a cannon, but his hitting is a little suspect, just wonder what the Indians have up their sleeves before the deadline. Although I like Kosuke, he won't do much for our lack of offense.
T_N_T

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Lebron James

Unread postby Spin » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:42 pm

googleeph2 wrote:
Spin wrote:But we needed a right handed power hitting outfielder.

I hope you're right and more trades are coming.

Check out Paul Cousineau's nice article on the front page.

"With the Indians currently stuck with Buck, Kearns, and Carrera starting in 2 of the 3 OF spots, Fukudome represents an upgrade in on-base ability at the very least, despite the fact that he has very little power. While it is true that he is a LH hitter, he has a generally even platoon split in his career:
Career vs. LHP - .712 OPS
Career vs. RHP - .783 OPS"

point taken
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby pup » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:42 pm

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! wrote:The thing about the Rasmus trade is that St. Louis wanted ML talent because they're only 1.5 back in the Central and they are in win now mode with Berkman and Pujols set to hit FA after this season.

And they needed bullpen help.

:hide:

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jul 29, 2011 2:48 pm

pup wrote:
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! wrote:The thing about the Rasmus trade is that St. Louis wanted ML talent because they're only 1.5 back in the Central and they are in win now mode with Berkman and Pujols set to hit FA after this season.

Rzepczynski had a lower WHIP, lower opponent BA, and just as many runs allowed as Perez. Lower ERA for Raffy because of 3 more unearned runs than Rzep. Plus, he's not arbitration eligible for a couple years yet.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby pup » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:33 pm

skatingtripods wrote:
pup wrote:

Rzepczynski had a lower WHIP, lower opponent BA, and just as many runs allowed as Perez. Lower ERA for Raffy because of 3 more unearned runs than Rzep. Plus, he's not arbitration eligible for a couple years yet.

And Smith?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:42 pm

pup wrote:And Smith?

Jackson > Carmona
Rzep > Perez (equal talent, but cheaper and longer control)
Smith > Dotel

Two out of three ain't bad. Hence why STL took it.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:40 pm

skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

Not to mention that St. Louis is also getting potentially three more PTBNL in this deal from Toronto. pup's deal was a non-starter for Rasmus, but you're never going to convince him of that.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:20 pm

Rzepczynski

You made that up, there's no way that's a real goddamn last name.

Fukudome sucks.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby pup » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:32 am

skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

To each their own. Funny part is we are arguing semantics about a front office that never even took the first step to finding out the situation. Cuz they were too busy working on acquiring a never was.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:58 am

pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

To each their own. Funny part is we are arguing semantics about a front office that never even took the first step to finding out the situation. Cuz they were too busy working on acquiring a never was.

I'd love to hear your reasoning for Jackson=Carmona.

Unread postby pup » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:58 pm

pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

162 game average season:

Carmona - 31 starts 11 wins 191 IP 198 H 105 R 18 HR 116 K 1.429 WHIP
Jackson - 31 starts 11 wins 194 IP 206 H 104 R 21 HR 145 K 1.476 WHIP

Not similar at all.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 pm

looking at their #'s the only difference I can see is that Jackson has been a little bit more consistent.

Other than that all of their #'s are pretty similar.

Its just Fasuto has been a case of extremes, so he may be a little less trustworthy, but has more upside than Jackson.

Its really just personal preference on who you want.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:11 pm

pup wrote:
pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

162 game average season:

Not similar at all.

It makes perfect sense to include Fausto's stats from 5 years ago. No manager looking at a starting pitcher cares about what he did in 2007. Over the past 3 seasons here's how they stack up.

Fausto - 452.0 IP, 5.36 K/9, 3.54 BB/9, 4.88 ERA, 4.63 FIP, 0.98 HR/9, 3.7 WAR
Jackson - 552.0 IP, 7.22 K/9, 3.08 BB/9, 3.98 ERA, 3.87 FIP, 0.91 HR/9, 10.5 WAR

No, they aren't similar at all.

Unread postby Lokais » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:16 pm

I never said someone said something racist. I just think it is sad that it seems to be such a big deal that he's Asian. Like the jokes just aren't funny. They are stupid. Not offensive. Just boring and pointless. Wow, an Asian playing baseball. HOLY SHIT LET'S TALK ABOUT IT FOR PAGES! JUST LIKE WHEN MASA KOBAYASHI CAME! HE SOUNDS LIKE THE GUY WHO EATS HOTDOGS. HILARIOUS!
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:18 pm

Hey guys, fukudome sounds like fuck! HAHAHAHAHA Hey guys, remember that movie from like 15 years ago with those Asians in it. Fukyu and Fukume! HOLY SHIT THAT WAS THE BEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!

Let's keep talking about it!!!!
Lokais

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 5:30 pm

sorry mom
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:13 pm

Lokais wrote:I never said someone said something racist. I just think it is sad that it seems to be such a big deal that he's Asian. Like the jokes just aren't funny. They are stupid. Not offensive. Just boring and pointless. Wow, an Asian playing baseball. HOLY SHIT LET'S TALK ABOUT IT FOR PAGES! JUST LIKE WHEN MASA KOBAYASHI CAME! HE SOUNDS LIKE THE GUY WHO EATS HOTDOGS. HILARIOUS!

Govbarney wrote:Its a Asian Travis Buck. Can't get Beltrain. Settle for Fukudome...? At least go after a poor man's Beltrain first... I dont know maybe someone who bats right handed...

RedDawg53 wrote:Make's me wonder if this move is to spark the offense or the box office. To get more Japanese tourists to come to the park, since Choo is gone so have the Koreans. You never know with Larry Dolan.

bookelly wrote:Great trade. We just got the Cubs to 'loan' us a decent outfielder for next to nothing. Anyone who bitches about this trade knows nothing about baseball or business.

Plus, when Choo gets back, we'll have Asians in the Outfield.

Those are the posts that have any remote mention of an Asian in it, and that's offending you? Not to mention nothing has been said since your last post about the subject.

Take a chill pill bud.

Unread postby Lokais » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:46 pm

Apparently you can't read, since I said I DIDN'T say it was racist. Just really painfully unfunny. And that clearly you guys aren't around Asians enough if you think any of this warrants really dumb jokes.
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:47 pm

And only one of those posts was even what I was referencing. But thanks for playing.
Lokais

Unread postby pup » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:02 pm

pup wrote:
pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

162 game average season:

Not similar at all.

It makes perfect sense to include Fausto's stats from 5 years ago. No manager looking at a starting pitcher cares about what he did in 2007. Over the past 3 seasons here's how they stack up.

Jackson - 552.0 IP, 7.22 K/9, 3.08 BB/9, 3.98 ERA, 3.87 FIP, 0.91 HR/9, 10.5 WAR

Who is cherry picking stats? I used career numbers. Stupid me.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Sat Jul 30, 2011 11:15 pm

Lokais wrote:Apparently you can't read, since I said I DIDN'T say it was racist. Just really painfully unfunny. And that clearly you guys aren't around Asians enough if you think any of this warrants really dumb jokes.

Im around Asians all the time. I love going to #1 chinese restaurant, and sometimes just for giggles Ill go hang out in the anime section at blockbuster, then I go get a "massage" at one of their fine parlors.

Get thicker skin or a sense of humor, its obvious you need both.
Dnthateonthepronk

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 am

Yeah, it is clearly my sense of humor that is out of whack when I don't find a joke from Austin Powers funny after like 10 years. And again, not offended by the Asian comments. Offended by what passes as humor.
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:57 am

Though I don't know why I keep arguing with you, since you are apparently completely incapable of arguing what has actually been said, and therefore need to try to make the argument something it isn't so you can continue to prove my point by making really painfully unfunny jokes like about eating at Chinese restaurants or something.
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 am

Dnthateonthepronk wrote:
Lokais wrote:Apparently you can't read, since I said I DIDN'T say it was racist. Just really painfully unfunny. And that clearly you guys aren't around Asians enough if you think any of this warrants really dumb jokes.

Im around Asians all the time. I love going to #1 chinese restaurant, and sometimes just for giggles Ill go hang out in the anime section at blockbuster, then I go get a "massage" at one of their fine parlors.

Get thicker skin or a sense of humor, its obvious you need both.

I mean seriously. I don't know how I could type a response to this while laughing so hard at these jokes. I can barely pick myself up off the floor. Massage parlors, anime, Chinese restaurants. IT'S FUNNY BECAUSE THOSE THINGS ARE THINGS ASIAN PEOPLE DO!!! HAHAHAHAHA
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:59 am

AND BECAUSE THERE IS NOW AN ASIAN PLAYER ON THE INDIANS!!!!!
Lokais

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:00 am

Hey guys, I hope the pitchers facing Fukudome don't have sushi on the mound. Otherwise he'll probably strike out! GET IT?!!?!
Lokais

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:06 am

pup wrote:
pup wrote:
pup wrote:
skatingtripods wrote:

Jackson > Carmona
Smith > Dotel

I would go

Jackson = Carmona
Rzep = Perez
Smith >> Dotel

162 game average season:

Not similar at all.

Who is cherry picking stats? I used career numbers. Stupid me.

You can use Fausto's outlier of a 2007 season all you want, but no GM in their right mind is going to value him off that. You're basing the comparison off of a season 5 years ago, which Fausto hasn't matched since. It's a complete outlier and everyone and their mother knows it.

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:11 am

Lokais wrote:Hey guys, I hope the pitchers facing Fukudome don't have sushi on the mound. Otherwise he'll probably strike out! GET IT?!!?!

Anyone else finding this incredibly hilarious? This is twenty times funnier than any Asian "jokes" that were made in this topic. Keep it comin' Lokais, you're making a fool out of yourself.

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:14 am

Oh yeah, totally. I hope a bunch of people I don't know don't think I'm foolish for not finding their terrible outdated jokes unfunny! I hope they don't get as mad at me as they do about unsubstantiated trade rumors.
Lokais

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:17 am

Lokais wrote:Oh yeah, totally. I hope a bunch of people I don't know don't think I'm foolish for not finding their terrible outdated jokes unfunny! I hope they don't get as mad at me as they do about unsubstantiated trade rumors.

Its one thing if you dont think its funny, thats your opinion and thats fine, but you're taking it to another level. You look like an idiot.

Unread postby Lokais » Sun Jul 31, 2011 1:19 am

OH NO
Lokais

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:50 am

Lokais wrote:OH NO

I wasn't going to say anything because I don't have a dog in this fight and Fukudome being Asian is completely irrelevant, but dude...you sound like a crazy person.

WTF has gotten into you?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB