Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Amy Winehouse

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Re: Amy Winehouse

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:01 pm

That wasn't my point.

My point want death threads only exist here as a means of making shitty jokes. Seldom ever see one aimed at actual rememberence.

That's why I have three problems w/ this thread

1) Jokes about the dead are lame

2) Not funny jokes are super lame

3) Amy Winehouse was talented

Either way, just sayin'

You'll seldom find a thread for anyone that dies here that isn't bad jokes.

Well except that guy from Springstein's shitty band. He'll live on in TCF history forever.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Anyone have any opinions before I pop this in the blu-ray and crank the sound to 11?

Make 10 louder.

But mine goes to 11.

I swam with sharks, man. Awesome shit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:03 pm

SSS can defend himself.

SSS isn't survived by nothing more than a grieving family (unless they are busy crying about how moronic he is).

SSS' story hasn't been finalized yet.

Dead are dead, no need to shit on their past for no reason.

So yeah if SSS died tomorrow I just wouldn't say anything. Wouldn't respect him but wouldn't piss on his grave.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Shit.

I apologize for bringing this thread back from the dead to make jokes about the thread that was dead.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:You dickshines waste 9,000 paragraphs on this kooky bitch and not one word on what went down in Norway.

Because in TCF world threads about dead people only get started to make shitty jokes.

Never to actually show respect.

And even the "dickshines" here aren't shallow enough to spit bad jokes about Noway.

Wait. You respect none of the living. It's only in death you're nice and respectful? Triple-S has a chance in death?

:hide:

No shit, like I said zero credibility.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah Donny, but I'm just playing.

I'm not taking sides or even invested in this.

I'm not changing but I'm not disagreeing that it's in bad taste.

I just don't care. :thumb up:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:04 pm

About me or Amy?

:lmfao:

I know.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:14 pm

I like making jokes about people slipping into a puddle of AIDS.

We didn't talk about Norway because we are all Right Wing hacks and TV told me he was a right wing fanatic. Our only calm reasoned centrist hasn't been around to teach us much lately.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:03 pm

As usual, ther's Lee as quality and a load of shit in a thread. The beat goes on here. Dunno how Leonidas keeps it up.

A singular talent.

On a deeply personal note, I loved "frank" when it came out & b2b pretty much got me through a failed marriage.

She was a fuck up as a person. So wat? Her art will be missed.

For example FUDU is a fuck up, yet no art
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:06 pm

She was a fuck up as a person. So wat? Her art will be missed.

For example FUDU is a fuck up, yet no art

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:09 pm

Orenthal wrote:I like making jokes about people slipping into a puddle of AIDS.

We didn't talk about Norway because we are all Right Wing hacks and TV told me he was a right wing fanatic. Our only calm reasoned centrist hasn't been around to teach us much lately.

You are the reason I'm not. First lurk in 200 days, but glad I'm in your dreams.

Hope the domain is better for it.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:15 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:SSS can defend himself.

SSS isn't survived by nothing more than a grieving family (unless they are busy crying about how moronic he is).

on his grave.

If I went to Hopkins, I wouldn't use double negatives.

And my bucket list includes urination on Modell's grave.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Guru
"I actually listened to her Larvell, I found a few of her songs enjoyable enough I considered purchasing a CD, and I never buy CD's. I won't argue that her talent potential v. the others was there, just that music is so ever changing it is hard to compare apples to apples."

So, like FUDu, now that you're living in a $500 / month one br 2 nd floor walk up off Bunts with you & your hand putting that Ed's education to work at the ole ham negg 9 - 5 running mimieographs, would you consider a used cassette too ?
jb

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:03 pm

Orenthal wrote:We didn't talk about Norway because we are all Right Wing hacks and TV told me he was a right wing fanatic. Our only calm reasoned centrist hasn't been around to teach us much lately.

The first sentence is tounge and cheek but it's also 100% true. The reaction to the shooting from the Right is absurd. Breivik was a right wing Christain extremist, his stupid manifesto praised the Knights Templar and called for a civil war. Why people can't or won't acknowledge this is beyond me. You got O'Liely yelling about how "he wasn't a Christian", yet after the Ft. Hood Massacre, he couldn'y say "muslim extremist" enough. You got the queen of the cunts, Glenn Beck comparing the camp to the Hitler Youth.

Why is so hard to admit dude was Right Wing and Christian? It doesn't make all right leaning people bad, it doesn't make all Chritians bad. It just makes those denying the facts look like fucking cowards. He is what he is, and people sticking their fingers in their ears and going "LALALALALAALALALALALA!", doesn't make it untrue.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:16 pm

I can only answer with they are hacks. The next time Beck is intellectually honest will be the first time he didn't do it on accident. Same with that windbag who likes to have phone sex while preaching morality during his Talking Points memo. Both are so in love with themselves, reason fled the scene long ago replaced with abject demagoguery.

Flip side is why does the left have a hard time with Islamic Terrorism. IMO just be honest and call a spade a spade.
Last edited by Orenthal on Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:22 pm

jb wrote:
Orenthal wrote:I like making jokes about people slipping into a puddle of AIDS.

You are the reason I'm not. First lurk in 200 days, but glad I'm in your dreams.

Hope the domain is better for it.

Orenthal

Unread postby mitch » Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:39 am

Not that I don't love a political argument...but usually only if I have a chance to be really snarky and poke fun at the terminally stupid.

But this isn't a political board.

Take it to NHB. Comparing the skanky trainwreck that was Amy Wino to the P.O.S. in Norway is about as relevant as comparing the works of Shakespeare to Global Warming.
mitch

Favorite Player: Joe Thomas
Least Favorite Player: Ben Toothlessburger

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:01 am

jb wrote:Guru
"I actually listened to her Larvell, I found a few of her songs enjoyable enough I considered purchasing a CD, and I never buy CD's. I won't argue that her talent potential v. the others was there, just that music is so ever changing it is hard to compare apples to apples."

So, like FUDu, now that you're living in a $500 / month one br 2 nd floor walk up off Bunts with you & your hand putting that Ed's education to work at the ole ham negg 9 - 5 running mimieographs, would you consider a used cassette too ?

Classic, good to have you back.

But honestly, until I see Winehouse at the end of someone's name in here I find this hilarious and don't give two rats asses how it all looks and sounds. Frauds, nobody knew her and who gives a shit how and why it ended for her. Everything ends badly otherwise it wouldn't end. Everyone walks by people that matter more and need help everyday, step up or join Amy. Intellectual honesty or bust.

Rack me!

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:13 am

Wait..... A second floor walk-up? So there are 2nd floor apts with elevators? That's some 'ol bullshit, i've been climbing too many stairs in my apartment dwelling days.. And where is "off Bunts"? What's a fuckin mimieograph? Is that like an 8-track in a 1976 Firebird? It's late and I demand answers. NOW!
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:54 am

Ah yes FUDU logic: where helping those in need can be mentioned in the same sentence as defending pissing on the grave of those that passed.

Gawd love your fucking genius.

It's been a week and you are still too fucking stupid to wrap your feeble mind around what is being said.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:24 am

Orenthal wrote:I can only answer with they are hacks. The next time Beck is intellectually honest will be the first time he didn't do it on accident. Same with that windbag who likes to have phone sex while preaching morality during his Talking Points memo. Both are so in love with themselves, reason fled the scene long ago replaced with abject demagoguery.

Flip side is why does the left have a hard time with Islamic Terrorism. IMO just be honest and call a spade a spade.

To dare to continue our politcal conversation might be a thumb in the eye to Mitch, but that's ok. Your post, OJ, is why I like talking and arguing politics with you. I admire your dismissal of Beck and Bill-O. As for your statement on the left and Islamic extremist, i'm not sure I get what your saying. Maybe if you could give specific examples I could answer you better.

And to JB, how is OJ the reason you're not here anymore? I just never figured you to bail because of one dude.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Orenthal » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:03 pm

I can't really get into specific example unless I looked, and I'm too lazy to do so, but it was Obama administration that tried to purge Islamic Extremist from our lexicon.

http://blogs.reuters.com/great-debate/2 ... rrectness/

I'm so tired of the windbags on both sides that I have resorted to going to the BBC and CNN.Com for most of my news. Well at least when there isn't some hawt ass FoxNews/Business babe on... BTW Beck was replaced on Fox by a show called The Five. While it is dominated by 3 right wingers, Beckel and Gutfeld keep some semblance of balance and funny. That and Special Report are all I can handle.

On JB who knows. The context of your first post fit exactly the guy who was so centered and rational. Telling us many times of the former, and how we needed to be taught cuz wer dumb. Our community is pretty small so I don't understand his limp attack that he is in my dreams. He took his ball and went home because he judges our quality or reason to be lacking. Whatever.
Orenthal

Previous

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture