Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: Tribe close to acquiring Fukudome?

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:05 pm

Does Fuku play RF and Carrera stays in CF assuming we don't make another move?
YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES!

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:06 pm

The only issue I see is he's a lefty. That makes late inning match-ups either real easy or real hard. I'm more upset they DFA'd Buck than the prospects they traded away. DFA Kearns.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:10 pm

redneckofsc wrote:273/.374/.369

Seriously, what the fuck does this guy bring? This reminds me of when we aquired Wil Cordero in the stretch run. Why don't we just see if the Astros will trade us Jason Michaels? Or better yet, let the 100th fan through the gate play right field.

If that fan got on base at a .374 clip like Fukudome does, I'd be all for it.
Dellucci TailGator

Favorite Player: Derek Lilliquist
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Re: Tribe Acquires Fukudome

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 pm

The fact that they DFA'd Buck makes me think Ludwick might be almost signed, sealed, and delivered.

Brantley in LF, Fukudome in CF, Ludwick in RF. Kearns as the RH bat to spell Brantley/Fukudome.

I can't imagine any reason not to send down Carrera and DFA somebody else. Valbuena comes to mind as a DFA candidate.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:16 pm

MLBastian Jordan Bastian
Antonetti: Fukudome currently would qualify as Type B free agent & WOULD be worth draft compensation if offered arbitration & he declines.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:17 pm

Don't overthink this. It's a body and we paid a low price. That said, we need one more move like this to have a realistic shot in my opinion.

P.S.- Didn't Buck have an option left?
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby skatingtripods » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:19 pm

Atlanta reportedly coming really hard after Quentin according to Rosenthal.

This day could get even better if we get that Indian killer out of our division.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:21 pm

Don't really understand the hate. Out of our current outfield, he's been the best hitter this year, so it is an upgrade. We gave away nothing really and CHI is paying for him essentially.

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:34 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:Columbus reliever Carlton Smith and Kinston 3B Abner Abreu.

Actually, Abner is an OF. I don't believe I have ever seen him play 3B, so that must be wire service misprint. Abner has really been disappointing in Kinston, especially considering his Lake County numbers in 2009. Still, he is young and has some speed. I really have no read on him, but my gut feeling tells me he never gets to the show.
Bigfist

Favorite Player: AJ Griffin
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Juden

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:38 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:MLBastian Jordan Bastian
Antonetti: Fukudome currently would qualify as Type B free agent & WOULD be worth draft compensation if offered arbitration & he declines.

Someone needs to get their facts straight. I've read that he's got a clause in his contract similar to Beltran's where he cannot be offered arbitration.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/ ... -fukudome/

Besides, you offer him arbitration, based on his numbers, why wouldn't he accept it? You can only drop his salary by 20%, I believe. That still puts him at $10M for next year. No way would we take that risk.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:50 pm

This is basically another version of the reacquisition of Kenny Lofton in 2007. Modest outfield improvement at minimal cost = thumbs up.

And it's actually more than I expected the Indians to do before the trade deadline. And since the Indians gave up nothing(*) in terms of money or talent, they still have a decent shot of doing something else.

(*) Yeah, they gave up nothing. I remebered Abreu as at least a middling prospect, but I wasn't sure. So I checked: He's an outfielder, in his second year at Kinston, not especially young, with a sub .300 OBP and decent (being generous) power. Oh, and he's struck out 102 times against only 20 walks. He'll be lucky to have a quad-A career.
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:53 pm

Well, Lofton was sort of a cult hero in Cleveland and was probably better than Fukudome. But Max Ramirez was a highly regarded prospect at the time. Still, he ended up doing nothing. Abreu and Smith are not nearly as well thought of as Ramirez was.
Bigfist

Unread postby Jumbo » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Bigfist wrote:Well, Lofton was sort of a cult hero in Cleveland and was probably better than Fukudome. But Max Ramirez was a highly regarded prospect at the time. Still, he ended up doing nothing. Abreu and Smith are not nearly as well thought of as Ramirez was.

Max Ramirez was only "highly regarded" because the Indians system was barren at the time.

The point is, there isn't a ton of substantive difference between a 40 year old Lofton and Fukudome other than Lofton's cult status. They're both middling deals with modest upside.

Let's just hope that if the Tribe makes the playoffs that Fukudome is fast enough to score from third base. (cache)
Jumbo
Chowderhead

Favorite Player: is not Buster Posey
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:14 pm

Jumbo wrote:
Bigfist wrote:Well, Lofton was sort of a cult hero in Cleveland and was probably better than Fukudome. But Max Ramirez was a highly regarded prospect at the time. Still, he ended up doing nothing. Abreu and Smith are not nearly as well thought of as Ramirez was.

Max Ramirez was only "highly regarded" because the Indians system was barren at the time.

The point is, there isn't a ton of substantive difference between a 40 year old Lofton and Fukudome other than Lofton's cult status. They're both middling deals with modest upside.

Let's just hope that if the Tribe makes the playoffs that Fukudome is fast enough to score from third base. (cache)

And because he was a Top 100 prospect.

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:18 pm

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! wrote:
Jumbo wrote:

And because he was a Top 100 prospect.

Max Ramirez was not a top 100 prospect when we dealt him.

Like I said before, losing Smith doesn't give me the least amount of heartburn. He wasn't on my preseason top-50 and wasn't going to be on my midseason or postseason top 50. Abreu was somewhere in the late-20s to mid-30s, purely based on tools. The performance was just not there, and his approach was not improving.

I like Abreu very much on a personal level as he's a nice kid who would always come over and say hi when he saw me at games in spring training and Kinston, and wish him nothing but the best. But putting up the numbers he has in his 2nd year in high A are not encouraging.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:36 pm

Hendry probably said "look, you don't have to give us someone who you think's gonna be good, just give me A-ball guy with enough potential that it doesn't make me look like we're giving him away for nothing."

I bet if the Tribe paid more in terms of salary, they'd have just taken Smith.

From BA's Trade Central:

The Indians did well to acquire Fukudome without giving up a player who was likely to help their big league club in the future. Abreu is a corner outfielder with good bat speed who can whip the barrel through the zone and hit the ball a long way with natural raw power when he does make contact. That usually requires his bat running into a mistake, though, as his pitch recognition and feel for hitting are limited. He's a strikeout-heavy hitter who struggles against anything offspeed and doesn't get on base much. He hit well in July for Kinston—batting .352/.405/.831 (25-for-71) with eight homers, four doubles and three triples—but that's more likely a three-week hot stretch than any radical improvement.

Straight ball, I hit it very much. Curve ball, bats are afraid.

Max Ramirez was not a top 100 prospect when we dealt him.

Man, do you remember the angst when we dealt him? You'd have thought he was Manny Ramirez.

It's funny, most of the same folks also thought that we got fleeced when we dealt Wickman for him a month or so before that. Funny how that works.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby TribeinLA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:54 pm

You minor league stat geeks. Go hang out at Akron and get autographs. Really? WHo cares that we gave up some teenager plus for a decent player. Look at the On-base! You see Buck and Kearns getting on like that or hitting remotely near .270?

Yeah, he's a gash-stopper who won't be here next year if he doesn't contribute, but I feel a helluva lot better about him than Kearns and Buck.

We're CLEARLY not done making moves. No one is stupid enough to actually believe this is the entire solution, so let's just sit back and enjoy the deadline. But seriously...you whiners about giving up a kid who just started shaving...seriously, go pull your mini-fan out of your fanny pack and sit up in the Canton bleachers and cool off while you yell out 22 year old's names.
TribeinLA

Favorite Player: Asdrubal Cabrera
Least Favorite Player: Josh Beckett

Unread postby Commodore Perry » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:32 pm

YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! wrote:Don't really understand the hate. Out of our current outfield, he's been the best hitter this year, so it is an upgrade.

This team could trade for Jesus Christ, and people would be complaining Dolan was too cheap to get God the Father himself.

We gave up very little for a guy that is now 4th on the team in OPS. Take it for what it is.
All the Good Things Happening in Cleveland
http://www.clevelandnewsblog.com
Commodore Perry
Old School American

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:36 pm

So I'm standing out in the ocean and me brother comes out and says the Indians have traded for Fukudome. My first thought is " jeez, I hope we didn't give up much.". My second thought is " of course we didn't give up much. Despite popular thought, we have a pretty good front office."

We head back up to our umbrella setup and my wife desires to head back to the room so she can lock our son in his cage for a few hours. I tell her to bring the iPad down when she comes back. And more beer.

So the I see what we gave up, and I'm perfectly happy to get a serviceable, if underwhelming, major leqgue outfielder for two meh prospects. It's a good trade.

As I lay on my towel and listen to the ocean, my third thought is "wow, this iPad is pretty sweet. I can't believe I'm hooked up to the ether out on this fantastic beach. "

I come to check out the inevitable thread and find out that I should not be doing cartwheels. My fourth thought is "damn, I can't believe there are people who think that anyone who doesn't hate this perfectly reasonable trade are 'doing cartwheels'.".

How can anyone who was alive 2 weeks ago for the Valbuena in the outfield experiment not see how this helps us?

Look, the Indians are not going to make the playoffs because they traded for Fukudome. But, the Indians are not going to make/miss the playoffs because they trade for pence ludwick or anyone else. Sure those guys would help, but the Playwrs responsible for whether or not we see playoffs this season are already on the roster.

My fifth thought is "those girls must be at least 18 because otherwise I am a dirty old man...which I am clearly not."

My sixth thought is "e0y2e3 should be here. It's really nice out here. If he was here maybe he wouldn't be such a miserable prick. Dude needs a vacation."

Did I mention I'm on the beach?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:46 pm

motherscratcher wrote:So I'm standing out in the ocean and me brother comes out and says the Indians have traded for Fukudome. My first thought is " jeez, I hope we didn't give up much.". My second thought is " of course we didn't give up much. Despite popular thought, we have a pretty good front office."

We head back up to our umbrella setup and my wife desires to head back to the room so she can lock our son in his cage for a few hours. I tell her to bring the iPad down when she comes back. And more beer.

So the I see what we gave up, and I'm perfectly happy to get a serviceable, if underwhelming, major leqgue outfielder for two meh prospects. It's a good trade.

As I lay on my towel and listen to the ocean, my third thought is "wow, this iPad is pretty sweet. I can't believe I'm hooked up to the ether out on this fantastic beach. "

I come to check out the inevitable thread and find out that I should not be doing cartwheels. My fourth thought is "damn, I can't believe there are people who think that anyone who doesn't hate this perfectly reasonable trade are 'doing cartwheels'.".

How can anyone who was alive 2 weeks ago for the Valbuena in the outfield experiment not see how this helps us?

Look, the Indians are not going to make the playoffs because they traded for Fukudome. But, the Indians are not going to make/miss the playoffs because they trade for pence ludwick or anyone else. Sure those guys would help, but the Playwrs responsible for whether or not we see playoffs this season are already on the roster.

My fifth thought is "those girls must be at least 18 because otherwise I am a dirty old man...which I am clearly not."

My sixth thought is "e0y2e3 should be here. It's really nice out here. If he was here maybe he wouldn't be such a miserable prick. Dude needs a vacation."

Did I mention I'm on the beach?

MS: Only you can say "I like the trade" in 3000 words or more. And yes, you are a dirty old man, those girls are 15 you freaking pervert. I hope their dad is a body-builder and comes and kicks sand in your face and on your ipad.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:47 pm

TribeinLA wrote:You minor league stat geeks. Go hang out at Akron and get autographs. Really? WHo cares that we gave up some teenager plus for a decent player. Look at the On-base! You see Buck and Kearns getting on like that or hitting remotely near .270?

Yeah, he's a gash-stopper who won't be here next year if he doesn't contribute, but I feel a helluva lot better about him than Kearns and Buck.

We're CLEARLY not done making moves. No one is stupid enough to actually believe this is the entire solution, so let's just sit back and enjoy the deadline. But seriously...you whiners about giving up a kid who just started shaving...seriously, go pull your mini-fan out of your fanny pack and sit up in the Canton bleachers and cool off while you yell out 22 year old's names.

Dude, who in the Hell are you even directing this towards? I didn't see anyone complaining so fervently about him, let alone "whining" or doing anything that would ilicit this type of response. Go back to your video games and see if you can get the computer to accept a trade for Albert Pujols.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:49 pm

Oh, and btw, the trade is good. I don't know how any of us who just watched the cavs drafted Tristian Thompson 4th in the nba can be disappointed in this trade.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby The Math God » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:49 pm

I do not think the Tribe is done.
I like Fukudome, but he was not at the top of my wish list.

Could he be the first step in getting Kuroda?
The Math God

Unread postby bookelly » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:15 pm

Great trade. We just got the Cubs to 'loan' us a decent outfielder for next to nothing. Anyone who bitches about this trade knows nothing about baseball or business.

Plus, when Choo gets back, we'll have Asians in the Outfield.
Nobody, I mean nobody, voluntarily becomes a Cleveland sports fan.

"This team could fuck up a ham sandwich." -CDT
bookelly
Happy Easter!!

Favorite Player: My bunny hunny
Least Favorite Player: Elmer Fudd

Unread postby Lokais » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Hell, at this point, the way they were playing, Fukudome is an upgrade over Sizemore and Choo.
Lokais

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:35 pm

If Fukudome is the answer, what in the hell were they asking?
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:44 pm

Speaking of Asians...apparently Hideki Irabu hung himself today.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I cant believe some people are so upset over this. Fukudome is a upgrade right now by a considerable margin over the Buck/Kearns/Zeke trinity. We gave up nothing for him, and got the Cubs to eat most of his salary. The guy gets on base at a good clip, and plays good defense. Good move. Its possible we can resign him in the offseason for a year or two, and he would still be an upgrade over anything we have close( with the exception of maybe Weglarz....maybe...). I think its also clear that we are not done making moves. I suspect we are also going after Ludwick or Crisp.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:01 pm

Ludwick is out of the Padres lineup for tonight's game...
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:05 pm

redneckofsc wrote:Speaking of Asians...apparently Hideki Irabu hung himself today.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=ap-hidekiirabu
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:15 pm

The Math God wrote:I do not think the Tribe is done.

Lol,what? How could getting Fukudome be a step in getting Kuroda?

step 1: trade for Fukudome

Step2: kidnap Kuroda's family so he has to go along with everything we say.

Step 3. Switch Kuroda and Fukudome

Step 4: tell the world we have made Fukudome into a pitcher. It will work because all Asians look the same.

Step 5: profit
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Spin » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:17 pm

Symbolic47 wrote:I cant believe some people are so upset over this. Fukudome is a upgrade right now by a considerable margin over the Buck/Kearns/Zeke trinity. We gave up nothing for him, and got the Cubs to eat most of his salary. The guy gets on base at a good clip, and plays good defense. Good move. Its possible we can resign him in the offseason for a year or two, and he would still be an upgrade over anything we have close( with the exception of maybe Weglarz....maybe...). I think its also clear that we are not done making moves. I suspect we are also going after Ludwick or Crisp.

But we needed a right handed power hitting outfielder.

I hope you're right and more trades are coming.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby dazindiansfanuk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Can't see a problem with this move.

Is Fukudome the "ideal" hitter we wanted (right handed with power)? No

Is he better than pretty much our entire starting OF (including Brantley)? Yes, probably.

Not a world beater but an upgrade, even if it is only incremental. Also, they gave up very little for him.... Smith is a AAAA warm body and Abreu, whilst a high ceiling athlete, his flaws make him about 50 times more likely to flame out in AA than ever make the majors.
dazindiansfanuk
Tyner Is God

Favorite Player: Jhonny Peralta
Least Favorite Player: Curt Schilling

Unread postby YouCanPutItOnTheBoardYES! » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:20 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
The Math God wrote:I do not think the Tribe is done.

Lol,what? How could getting Fukudome be a step in getting Kuroda?

step 1: trade for Fukudome

Step2: kidnap Kuroda's family so he has to go along with everything we say.

Step 3. Switch Kuroda and Fukudome

Step 4: tell the world we have made Fukudome into a pitcher. It will work because all Asians look the same.

Step 5: profit

They are from the same part of Japan (I think), so that might help Kuroda waive his NTC. Not saying this is why they got Fuku.

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 5:45 pm

Spin wrote:But we needed a right handed power hitting outfielder.

I hope you're right and more trades are coming.

Check out Paul Cousineau's nice article on the front page.

"With the Indians currently stuck with Buck, Kearns, and Carrera starting in 2 of the 3 OF spots, Fukudome represents an upgrade in on-base ability at the very least, despite the fact that he has very little power. While it is true that he is a LH hitter, he has a generally even platoon split in his career:
Career vs. LHP - .712 OPS
Career vs. RHP - .783 OPS"
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:06 pm

In our current outfield this guy is legend...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby TribeinLA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:29 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
TribeinLA wrote:You minor league stat geeks. Go hang out at Akron and get autographs. Really? WHo cares that we gave up some teenager plus for a decent player. Look at the On-base! You see Buck and Kearns getting on like that or hitting remotely near .270?

Dude, who in the Hell are you even directing this towards? I didn't see anyone complaining so fervently about him, let alone "whining" or doing anything that would ilicit this type of response. Go back to your video games and see if you can get the computer to accept a trade for Albert Pujols.

I'm directing my comment at people who hate this trade and act as if we've done a cardinal sin. I'm directing this at subtle farm system hounds like YOU. You hate to give up a guy playing A ball. You hipster down on the farm know it all, you. And there are plenty of whiners in this tread. They may not be whining because of who we're giving up, but there are plenty of screamers who must have been happy with an outfield full of fail. In any case, this is a good move. John Hart says so. So, it is written. Let there be FUKUDOME. And let it be good.

And I want to get Albert P and A Rod tonight on my team to go with the staff I have put together on MLB2K11, but the wife is demanding that I give her some attention tonight. Right in the middle of the trade deadline. GRRRRRRRR.
TribeinLA

Unread postby TribeinLA » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:32 pm

I never noticed you were from fairfax. I got my Masters at W&L in Lexington. Miss that place and that entire state (minus the flat tire I got in Roanoke).
TribeinLA

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:40 pm

TribeinLA wrote:
gotribe31 wrote:

I'm directing my comment at people who hate this trade and act as if we've done a cardinal sin. I'm directing this at subtle farm system hounds like YOU. You hate to give up a guy playing A ball. You hipster down on the farm know it all, you. And there are plenty of whiners in this tread. They may not be whining because of who we're giving up, but there are plenty of screamers who must have been happy with an outfield full of fail. In any case, this is a good move. John Hart says so. So, it is written. Let there be FUKUDOME. And let it be good.

And I want to get Albert P and A Rod tonight on my team to go with the staff I have put together on MLB2K11, but the wife is demanding that I give her some attention tonight. Right in the middle of the trade deadline. GRRRRRRRR.

I would LOVE for you to go back on anything I posted about this trade that said I didn't like it. Please. I said that Smith was a zero, and Abner was a guy I liked his talent but thought he'd probably never even play above AA due to issues with his approach. I said that Smith wasn't even in my Indians top 50, and Abreu was late 20s at best. You're either too stupid to know what that means, or too stupid to bother to read it, I'm not sure which. Probably a little of both.
-----Abe Lincoln

-----Lars
gotribe31

Unread postby Bigfist » Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:54 pm

Where is Rodney King when you need him?
Bigfist

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:05 pm

Commodore Perry wrote:This team could trade for Jesus Christ, and people would be complaining Dolan was too cheap to get God the Father himself.

Jesus was a notoriously horrible hitter. Wouldn't swing at anything in anger, even worse in a bench-clearing brawl sitting all smug in the dugout turning the other cheek.

And the sandals provided TERRIBLE traction in the OF. Guy couldn't go back on the ball at all.

Helluva an arm though. And easily worth the two guys the Tribe gave up because dude would pack the park full.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Commodore Perry wrote:This team could trade for Jesus Christ, and people would be complaining Dolan was too cheap to get God the Father himself.

Jesus was a notoriously horrible hitter. Wouldn't swing at anything in anger, even worse in a bench-clearing brawl sitting all smug in the dugout turning the other cheek.

And the sandals provided TERRIBLE traction in the OF. Guy couldn't go back on the ball at all.

Helluva an arm though. And easily worth the two guys the Tribe gave up because dude would pack the park full.

I also have it on good authority that he can't hit a curveball.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:11 pm

TribeinLA wrote:

I have no idea what the hell to make of this.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:

And it's not clear he could hit a curveball. We never got that answer.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:20 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
TribeinLA wrote:

Try this...
http://carolcookskeller.blogspot.com/20 ... s-and.html
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby pup » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:28 pm

Cant wait for you guys to actually watch this scrub flail at the plate. Just like the outfielders we were starting flail at the plate.

If you are happy with trading shit for shit to replace shit, this is a deal for you. If you were hoping Lil Mark was different than Big Mark and they would actually take a chance and make a move TO IMPROVE the team, well, we are most of the way to that final answer.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:37 pm

pup wrote:Cant wait for you guys to actually watch this scrub flail at the plate. Just like the outfielders we were starting flail at the plate.

If you are happy with trading shit for shit to replace shit, this is a deal for you. If you were hoping Lil Mark was different than Big Mark and they would actually take a chance and make a move TO IMPROVE the team, well, we are most of the way to that final answer.

Ok, who should we trade for? And who areyou willing to part with to get him/them?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Dellucci TailGator » Thu Jul 28, 2011 7:51 pm

pup wrote:Cant wait for you guys to actually watch this scrub flail at the plate. Just like the outfielders we were starting flail at the plate.

The Indians, marginally, improved themselves with no cost. But your mantra is that the Indians' organization is a failure pile in a sadness bowl, so you push as hard as you can to put this trade into that mold.

That's intellectual dishonesty.

But carry on.
Dellucci TailGator

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:08 pm

Oh, pup, is talking about this dish...

http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/ ... ter-350341

It's a marginal upgrade for 2 lower tier prospects. Marginal improvement, nothing to get all worked up about.
Orenthal

Unread postby Dnthateonthepronk » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:13 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
TribeinLA wrote:

He is married and he still plays video games, lucky Bastard......thats what I got out of it
Alex White: Just like School on Sunday......No Class.
Dnthateonthepronk

Favorite Player: Dan Marino
Least Favorite Player: Alex Rodriguez

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB