Text Size

Cleveland Indians & MLB

7-27-11 Halos vs. Tribe (Try and not get no-hit edition)

Talk Tribe, talk baseball in this forum.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, paulcousineau

Re: 7-27-11 Halos vs. Tribe (Try and not get no-hit edition)

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:35 pm

peeker643 wrote:
scrambler wrote:
GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:They should fire their hitting coach.

I'm thinking that pretty much didn't work the last time they did it!!!

Really? It almost always works given how critical those guys are.

Well, all they need is Ryan Ludwick and they should be fine.

Really stunned that Chisenhall and Kipnis haven't led this team back to the top.

All I know is August 1-7th they play 4 in Boston and 3 in Texas. If they go 2-5 I will be overjoyed beyond comprehension. I am also secretly hoping they go 0-3 this weekend against KC to eliminate all ignorant trade possibilities.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:36 pm

:pb: ::doh:: :thud:
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Favorite Player: Nick Swisher
Least Favorite Player: NYY

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:41 pm

Wait, WTF? I'm on vacation. It starts raining so I leave the pool, come inside, and check to see what's happening. This is what I find? Really?

No hit by Edwin Fucking Assface? We own that shmoe. What the he'll happened.

Yah, put me in the camp that wants to trade our top3 prospects for Hunter Pence. Because that'll do it. I'll order my playoff tickets right now if we do that.

One piece away.

No hit...fuck me sideways.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:42 pm

Feels worse now than the 1st two games of the season :bag:
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:46 pm

motherscratcher wrote:
No hit by Ervin Fucking Assface? We own that shmoe. What the he'll happened.

Fixed. But they are certain to do something now right?
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:They should fire their hitting coach.

Fire the hitting coach? What about the fielding coach? Haha. 5 errors. JC! Pressure to succeed getting the best of the Indians.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:20 pm

You people are placing blame in the wrong camp. Poove clearly and intentionally started a game thread the day after he started one and lost. Blatantly breaking an unwritten rule, and mocking said rule in the game thread itself.

There is only one person to blame for the Indians being no-hit today, and her name is DrPoove.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:27 pm

WiscTribeFan wrote:You people are placing blame in the wrong camp. Poove clearly and intentionally started a game thread the day after he started one and lost. Blatantly breaking an unwritten rule, and mocking said rule in the game thread itself.

There is only one person to blame for the Indians being no-hit today, and her name is DrPoove.

Fire DrProove
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:29 pm

Yeah, screw her.

She's probably a dentist anyway. Not even a real doctor.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 pm

Seemed like just yesterday when guys were giving Manny Acta hand jobs for calling for the ole' sucide squeeze in mid-April.

Now you gotta bunch a guys out there that don't no whether to shit or wind their watches.

Combining offensive talent that is so bad Zeke Carerra is leading the way with about the sorriest fundamentals in the league is no way to stay in a race.

Getting good pitching, and a good bully will keep you around, but Christ do they needs some bats that can PLAY.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:35 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Yeah, screw her.

DrProove is a she? Since SHE started a game thread that resulted in a no hitter against the Tribe, no one should reply on her's and just start a fresh one. She'll be like the kid in school with head lice.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Unread postby skatingtripods » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:36 pm

For us to "own" Ervin Santana...

Entering today: Asdrubal 2-for-16, Hafner 4-for-23. If those two guys don't do anything, we have no chance.

Asdrubal looked like he wanted to be anywhere but at the ballpark today. Embarrassing all around.

Pretty sure we're the first team in history to have a game with 5 more errors than hits.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:46 pm

leadpipe wrote:Seemed like just yesterday when guys were giving Manny Acta hand jobs for calling for the ole' sucide squeeze in mid-April.

Now you gotta bunch a guys out there that don't no whether to shit or wind their watches.

Combining offensive talent that is so bad Zeke Carerra is leading the way with about the sorriest fundamentals in the league is no way to stay in a race.

Getting good pitching, and a good bully will keep you around, but Christ do they needs some bats that can PLAY.

I'm working in Columbia, SC this week. Someone walked into the room and said the Indians were no-hit.

Not a single ounce of surprise or excitement out of me. Could have happened three times in the last two weeks.

Could happen again in the next two weeks.

Unless they can snap up Ryan Ludwick or Coco Crisp to combine with the 23 yr old kids who failed to beat Dan Haren and Jeff Weaver like we figured they would.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Symbolic47 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:16 pm

This is humiliating....the season is going down in flames.
Symbolic47

Favorite Player: Santana
Least Favorite Player: Ubaldo

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:27 pm

The truth is, at the start of the season if you said in the middle of the last week of July we'd be a couple games above .500 and in the pennant race, probably 100 percent of us would have been happy with that. Perspective people. We wuld have probably preferred getting there being a couple games under .500 in April and showing steady improvement, but beggars can't be chosers. We weren't as good as we looked in April and May and aren't as bad as we look now (actually yes we are!!)
scrambler

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:16 pm

scrambler wrote:The truth is, at the start of the season if you said in the middle of the last week of July we'd be a couple games above .500 and in the pennant race, probably 100 percent of us would have been happy with that. Perspective people. We wuld have probably preferred getting there being a couple games under .500 in April and showing steady improvement, but beggars can't be chosers. We weren't as good as we looked in April and May and aren't as bad as we look now (actually yes we are!!)

If that's all you told us we'd be happy.

But if you told us that they overachieved as far as hitting in scoring position the first two months and that Choo would be basically done for the year and that the Sizemore question was a negative and that Laporta would be a bust and that Santana isn't really a catcher and they'd be as poor fundamentally as they were last year.....

In other words those of us watching understand we aren't watching a .500 team - and this isn't even mentioning what history tells us about young pitching breaking new inning thresholds.

So, perspective if you're hoping to forever remain in a shitty division, or perspective that you're on the precipice of a good team?
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:32 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Yeah, screw her.

You're a raaaaaaabid anti-dentite!

And yes, I know you're a dentist. A self-hating dentist?
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:35 pm

If you were motherscratcher wouldn't you hate yourself?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby scrambler » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:50 pm

leadpipe wrote:
scrambler wrote:The truth is, at the start of the season if you said in the middle of the last week of July we'd be a couple games above .500 and in the pennant race, probably 100 percent of us would have been happy with that. Perspective people. We wuld have probably preferred getting there being a couple games under .500 in April and showing steady improvement, but beggars can't be chosers. We weren't as good as we looked in April and May and aren't as bad as we look now (actually yes we are!!)

If that's all you told us we'd be happy.

But if you told us that they overachieved as far as hitting in scoring position the first two months and that Choo would be basically done for the year and that the Sizemore question was a negative and that Laporta would be a bust and that Santana isn't really a catcher and they'd be as poor fundamentally as they were last year.....

In other words those of us watching understand we aren't watching a .500 team - and this isn't even mentioning what history tells us about young pitching breaking new inning thresholds.

So, perspective if you're hoping to forever remain in a shitty division, or perspective that you're on the precipice of a good team?

I honestly think we're on the precipice of a good team here. Injuries haven't helped, but I've been encouraged with the pitching overall. I don't think anyone thought 2011 was going to be a contending year. We got lucky early is all which was fun. I think we're pretty close. and yes, being in a bad division is nice too.
scrambler

Unread postby googleeph2 » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm

scrambler wrote:
I honestly think we're on the precipice of a good team here. Injuries haven't helped, but I've been encouraged with the pitching overall. I don't think anyone thought 2011 was going to be a contending year. We got lucky early is all which was fun. I think we're pretty close. and yes, being in a bad division is nice too.

Depends on their character. What are they made of? What is the leadership (tough with minor leaguers dotting the lineup)? And just hope the division is weak next year. We are promised nothing.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Prosecutor » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:58 pm

The Tribe has scored six earned runs in the last five games. Acta has to be screaming at the front office to trade for a bat. And Masterson is right there with him.

On the positive side, it looks like Huff may have pitched himself back into the picture. He was considered one of the top five prospects in the system two years ago before falling off a cliff. He pitched very well in Columbus and so far he's allowed only one earned run in 12.2 innings up here. I had written him off after last year, but maybe that was premature. It will be interesting to see how he does against teams that hit better than the Twins and Angels.
Prosecutor
Plutonian Outliers

Unread postby WiscTribeFan » Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:22 am

I like what I've seen with Huff, but keep in mind that he's pitched against two pretty weak offenses. The Angels have scored 30 some less runs that the Indians this year. They lead the AL in ERA, that's why they've been successful.

I'd love to see Huff get back on the radar. Can't have enough pitching, and could give the Tribe some flexibility going forward. It could spell the end for Talbot on the team. They can't keep him in AAA 'rehabbing' much longer, and they'll have to expose him to waivers if they want to send him down.
Don't go away mad, just go away.
WiscTribeFan
Mook

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Am I Here Again? » Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Prosecutor wrote:...On the positive side, it looks like Huff may have pitched himself back into the picture. He was considered one of the top five prospects in the system two years ago before falling off a cliff......

Well considering "the cliff" was probably when A-Rod's line drive smacked him in the side of the head I'd say I'm more than mildly surprised he can face batters again. If I were him I'd dive for the dirt at the end of my follow-through! Has probably taken him this long to get rid of the nightmares every time he releases a ball.
I've tried 'em all, I really have, and the only church that truly feeds the soul, day in, day out, is the Church of Baseball.~~~Annie Savoy-"Bull Durham"
Am I Here Again?
Tribe-a-Holic

Favorite Player: Sam McDowell
Least Favorite Player: Any Red Sox or Yank

Unread postby RedDawg53 » Thu Jul 28, 2011 3:39 pm

Am I Here Again? wrote:
Prosecutor wrote:...On the positive side, it looks like Huff may have pitched himself back into the picture. He was considered one of the top five prospects in the system two years ago before falling off a cliff......

Well considering "the cliff" was probably when A-Rod's line drive smacked him in the side of the head I'd say I'm more than mildly surprised he can face batters again. If I were him I'd dive for the dirt at the end of my follow-through! Has probably taken him this long to get rid of the nightmares every time he releases a ball.

Can you imagine if A-Rod still being using the roids. David Huff will be forever in the same discussion with Ray Chapman.
RedDawg53
Witness The Kipnis

Previous

Return to Cleveland Indians & MLB