Text Size

College Sports Arena

Bill Greene Interview

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Bill Greene Interview

Unread postby furls » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:29 pm

Dan,

Nice job on the Bill Greene interview. Very interesting stuff and I would encourage all Buckeye fans, not just guys who follow recruiting to read it. There is some very interesting stuff in there.

I think a point that we have not made enough of is the value of the camp offers. While we all love to see the Buckeyes loaded with 5* guys, the Buckeyes really hit a ton of homeruns with their camp offers. They get some very good players (and have a very high hit percentage in on the field contributions) from those camp offers. Guys like Hartline, Sanz, etc. (there are tons of others I just can't remember). I read an article on it a couple weeks ago and I was blown away that the Bucks got contributors on about 90% of these 3* camp offers.

This year the guys that we are looking at from those camp offers (and it will be interesting to track their careers) are Luke Roberts (completely off the radar LB), Frane Ep...(lots of greekness that I will not attempt) who was on the radar but not highly recruited outside the state and Najee Murray (off the radar).

I consistently hear that these guys were absolutely amazing in camp, I wonder if we may have OSU's latest 3* All Americans in that group.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Bill Greene Interview

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:44 am

Yep, a hell of an interview and a piece were the interviewee trusted the interviewer enough to be frank. Well done.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Return to College Sports Arena