Text Size

No Holds Barred

Casey Anthony Acquitted

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Casey Anthony Acquitted

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Re: Casey Anthony Acquitted

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:01 pm

Dont worry, she'll get busted when she tries to steal back her sports memorabilia

Eta- just saw a fb status "Casey Anthony just held a press conference announcing that she would be taking her talents to south beach."
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:12 pm

90%.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:53 pm

leadpipe wrote:90%.

low
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:09 pm

Prosecution could not establish cause of death. Can't establish someone was murdered without that.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:58 pm

The more shit you throw at a jury, the less sure they are of guilt. Travashamockery.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:03 pm

GodHatesClevelandSport wrote:Prosecution could not establish cause of death. Can't establish someone was murdered without that.

Yes you can. It's been done before.

And in this case, with half a brain, one could do the same.

As with OJ, not a single solitary person - including those who believe by the letter of the law this verdict was just, will waste a single solitary second looking for the "real killer" - cause everyone knows who it is.

It's the way our justice system works. What are you gonna do? But a chick that offed her kid and at the very least threw her in the woods to be eaten by animals and maggots is not only free, but soon to be a millionaire. If your gonna pick a country to kill someone, mine as well take a shot here.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:26 pm

...and there isn't even a Fred Goldman to go after he in a Civil Trial. Poor kid. Best way to deal with a kid that drowned is to duct tape their mouth...
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:49 pm

Really depressing. Sometimes it seems there is more advocacy for animals than kids.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby furls » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:06 pm

Only people to blame here is the prosecution. You can hate Casey Anthony, I encourage it, but the burden of proof lies on the prosecutor and they came up short. It is our system and one of the cornerstones of the American Republic.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:31 pm

furls wrote:Only people to blame here is the prosecution. You can hate Casey Anthony, I encourage it, but the burden of proof lies on the prosecutor and they came up short. It is our system and one of the cornerstones of the American Republic.

No DNA evidence, cause of death, how she died, how she got in the woods ... all things the prosecution was unable to account for. Any major evidence they presented was effectively disputed by the defense.

In that vein, yes, hard to blame the jury.

That said, I saw most of both sides closing arguments. I thought for sure they made the case circumstantially. Different being there, seeing the whole case, but man ... I am shocked that all 12 jurors agreed on an acquittal.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:52 pm

furls wrote:Only people to blame here is the prosecution. You can hate Casey Anthony, I encourage it, but the burden of proof lies on the prosecutor and they came up short. It is our system and one of the cornerstones of the American Republic.

I agree with you, Mike. With the lack of evidence and the prosecution falling short in many regards, all the defense had to do was deflect, deflect, deflect. I would have been shocked if they would have decided on a guilty verdict.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby googleeph2 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:00 pm

I understand, the jury has its instructions and limitations. No hate for them.

I honestly haven't been following details closely enough- help me out:
she is guilty of 4 counts of lying to police? What is she guilty of lying about?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:06 pm

swerb wrote:

No DNA evidence, cause of death, how she died, how she got in the woods ... all things the prosecution was unable to account for. Any major evidence they presented was effectively disputed by the defense.

In that vein, yes, hard to blame the jury.

That said, I saw most of both sides closing arguments. I thought for sure they made the case circumstantially. Different being there, seeing the whole case, but man ... I am shocked that all 12 jurors agreed on an acquittal.

Not really that hard to blame the jury. All that evidence, all that testimony - 10 fucking hours? Christ, you gotta couple hours to appoint a spokesperson and get initial thoughts out there. You've got an hour or so at the ass end to fill out the forms and wrap up. No read backs...nothing. You aren't getting there that fast without preconceived notions. Period.

Cornerstone or not, the system failed miserably here. Every non-moron in this country knows the person who killed that little girl is the same one who looked up chloroform and neck breaking on the computer and drove around the car that reeked of decomposition. Makes you long for the days of the old west, where theyda called bullshit, bullshit and hung her from the trees.

Reporter post OJ trial : But what about all the blood?

Juror: Blood? Everbody gots blood.

Wonder what gems we'll hear from these geniuses.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:10 pm

googleeph2 wrote:I understand, the jury has its instructions and limitations. No hate for them.

I honestly haven't been following details closely enough- help me out:
she is guilty of 4 counts of lying to police? What is she guilty of lying about?

Their "defense" was that it was an accident gone wrong. So, if that's the case she lied in every interview in saying she didn't know where she was.......and she lied about a million other things, including making up fake imposters etc.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 am

In my heart I think the chic was guilty, however I also think the system worked just the way we set it up to work. Plenty of reasonable doubt was left at the end and the jury ruled accordingly per how the system asks them to. The prosecution failed at what coulda shoulda been a fairly easy lob and dunk, blame them after you blame those who killed the child and hid the truth, but don't pretend it is easy to sit on this jury and ship someone's life away for good when there is a shred of doubt.

A guilty person may have walked today but an innocent one didn't get sentenced for a crime they did not commit.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby leadpipe » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:32 am

FUDU wrote:In my heart I think the chic was guilty, however I also think the system worked just the way we set it up to work. Plenty of reasonable doubt was left at the end and the jury ruled accordingly per how the system asks them to. The prosecution failed at what coulda shoulda been a fairly easy lob and dunk, blame them after you blame those who killed the child and hid the truth, but don't pretend it is easy to sit on this jury and ship someone's life away for good when there is a shred of doubt.

A guilty person may have walked today but an innocent one didn't get sentenced for a crime they did not commit.

Saying the prosecution failed in a case that shoulda been an "fairly easy lob and dunk" is beyond ridiculous.

A lob and dunk woulda been if they'da found the kid before she was under water from the hurricane, and all the tissue and DNA was gone.

And blame them BEFORE I blame those who killed the kid? Good Christ.

This case shows an issue with DNA in modern cases. That is, if you're a prosecutor with no DNA, you're fucked. Cause short of having the crime on video, the defense can easily hoodwink people into believing what is logical, isn't. The prosecution was much better than the defense in this case. Wire to wire.

Professional juries in high profile cases. Cause it's pretty clear that the pool of people that are ok with giving up months of their lives to sit on these cases aren't makin great decisions.

Anyone out there think that Barretta's chick got murdered in the time it took him to "go back to the diner and retrieve his gun he left on the table"
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby gotribe31 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 am

Our legal system is set up to let a guilty person go free before putting an innocent person in jail. Wright or wrong, that's the way it is.

I didn't pay much (any) attention to the trial, but one of the articles I read yesterday from an "expert" says that recently juries are more likely to acquit in capital trials if there is a .00001% chance of doubt than in a non-capital case. Which is dumb, because if they are hesitant to convict because a conviction could mean the death penalty, they shouldn't be on the damn jury in the 1st place.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby FUDU » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:47 am

Lead either you went to Kent State or you're Tommy from Shawshank, b/c you don't read so well. Try again and get back to me.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:35 pm

If it takes you a month to report your child missing then you're obviously fucked up and guilty of something serious.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby dem425 » Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:27 pm

Guilty or Innocent is only part of the travesty. Her attorney, Baez, said ON FRICKIN TV, how much he "admired" his client........

Just when they are about to slither out of their primordial ooze, this piece of shit (who will probably end up being one of the most sought after defense attorneys in FLA)reminds us why Justice is blind (and apparently DEAF)...............
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Return to No Holds Barred