Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Joe Haden

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Joe Haden

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:23 pm

Agree with jta1975 on his latest piece: http://bit.ly/jwYmL8

Great to see a guy immerse himself in the city he plays for and even greater that it seems to be his genuine personality to do so as opposed to a shove from an agent or seeing it as an obligation.

Kid gets it so far. And when you're putting a ton of goodwill in the bank people might also be willing to overlook a misstep borne out of youth.

A lot of athletes would be wise to watch how Haden goes about things.

Good article Jason.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22720
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:29 pm

A lot of athletes would be wise to watch how Haden goes about things.


You hear that Easy E?...and he's not just talking about off the field.

That is what happens when you touch the hand of the Tebow Christ.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13356
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:47 am

Joe Haden has made quite a comeback in my eyes. My son attended the Browns football camp last summer, which pretty much all of the rookies attend. My son said that Joe was acting very ghetto and dropping the "N" word around all the kids. My son said it was a little uncomfortable for him. However, after seeing him at the Cavs and Indians games and reading other stories he seems like he gets it now. I think it is very cool that he gets out in the community and is getting involved. Carlton Mitchell was my kids favorite rookie.
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 375
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Flash Gordon
Least Favorite Player: TWofA

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:35 am

Told you guys a month ago how awesome Haden is off the field. Kinda bummed I was out of town when he tweeted about picking up the tab at that Beachwood Sushi Rock.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby hiko » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I would pledge undying loyalty to anyone who bought me free sushi.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:12 am

Rat_Tail wrote:Told you guys a month ago how awesome Haden is off the field. Kinda bummed I was out of town when he tweeted about picking up the tab at that Beachwood Sushi Rock.


Yeah,well, I liked Joe Haden since, like, forever ago.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby jta1975 » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:42 am

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:Joe Haden has made quite a comeback in my eyes. My son attended the Browns football camp last summer, which pretty much all of the rookies attend. My son said that Joe was acting very ghetto and dropping the "N" word around all the kids. My son said it was a little uncomfortable for him. However, after seeing him at the Cavs and Indians games and reading other stories he seems like he gets it now. I think it is very cool that he gets out in the community and is getting involved. Carlton Mitchell was my kids favorite rookie.



It is a shame if he was acting like that...He should not have been acting the conventional "Ghetto" at all because that is not his background. He actually comes from a solid home and was raised the right way. Maybe it was just a bad day...lol

Most have probably seen this from last year's draft. But here is a little glimpse into the world he came from.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-combine/09000d5d8168cdf9/Haden-s-House
User avatar
jta1975
 
Posts: 357
Joined: Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:20 pm
Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:34 am

motherscratcher wrote:
Rat_Tail wrote:Told you guys a month ago how awesome Haden is off the field. Kinda bummed I was out of town when he tweeted about picking up the tab at that Beachwood Sushi Rock.


Yeah,well, I liked Joe Haden since, like, forever ago.



Really? Cause I didn't start liking him till Rat told me how awesome he was off the field.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6610
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:35 am

leadpipe wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:
Rat_Tail wrote:Told you guys a month ago how awesome Haden is off the field. Kinda bummed I was out of town when he tweeted about picking up the tab at that Beachwood Sushi Rock.


Yeah,well, I liked Joe Haden since, like, forever ago.



Really? Cause I didn't start liking him till Rat told me how awesome he was off the field.


Get with it pro message boarders
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
User avatar
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007
 
Posts: 844
Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:18 pm
Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby hiko » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:03 pm

I now open my campaign to have Haden replace Hillis on the banner. He's much more likely to be a viable star for this team much longer than Peyton.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:24 pm

hiko wrote:I now open my campaign to have Haden replace Hillis on the banner. He's much more likely to be a viable star for this team much longer than Peyton.



I'm going to at least wait for the inevitable Hillis injury from overuse/shortened training camp/madden curse before supporting Haden's candidacy, though I agree he should be the number one contender for the spot.
Fuck the Browns...
User avatar
rebelwithoutaclue
 
Posts: 3639
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 11:43 am
Location: Under them Skies of Blue
Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Re: Joe Haden

Unread postby hiko » Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:34 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
hiko wrote:I now open my campaign to have Haden replace Hillis on the banner. He's much more likely to be a viable star for this team much longer than Peyton.



I'm going to at least wait for the inevitable Hillis injury from overuse/shortened training camp/madden curse before supporting Haden's candidacy, though I agree he should be the number one contender for the spot.


Yes, I believe that is coming too. Let's be proactive.
User avatar
hiko
 
Posts: 1052
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:13 am
Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White


Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests