Text Size

No Holds Barred

5? Friday 6-17

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

5? Friday 6-17

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 8:51 am

1. Did you graduate from college, if so do you work in the field of your degree?

2. Do you currently devote any time for charity purposes, IE community service projects, elderly care, special children etc...?

3. Will JB ever "grace" these boards again, if so when?

4. RE: your children's future, what concerns you the most?

5. Most difficult video game you've beaten/played?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: 5? Friday 6-17

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:30 am

1. Did you graduate from college, if so do you work in the field of your degree?

No college. Had a good job in the restaurant business, got accepted to Bowling Green, decided to wait one year. Watched all my best buddies fail out. Decided to just enter the work force instead and use the no college thing as a chip on my shoulder. Switched careers and got into finance.

2. Do you currently devote any time for charity purposes, IE community service projects, elderly care, special children etc...?

I don't. Don't even have the time to spend as much time as I would like to with my own children. I do every year give $500-$800 to The Bright Side of the Road Foundation (ALS) as well as Jim Liberatore's charity efforts over in Haiti.

I really, really hope so. Pound for pound, he's my favorite member of this community. He burned himself out and needed a break. I believe he'll be back as Browns season approaches.

Just the general temptations and risks that are out there today for kids that I didn't have to deal with as a kid. And knowing that you can do absolutely everything right as a parent, and there are still going to be times where your kids have to make quick, smart decisions on things ... with the chances they may not.

Not big into video games that you gotta devote all kinds of time to. Remember 100% completing Tiger Woods 2002 on the X-Box, to see what would happen. Took me several months. Nothing happened. I was really pissed.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:16 am

-- Yes, English degree. Worked out so well I went back a decade later for a masters in library science. Not an educational path I would do again as it's very limited, but it's working out right now. Would probably choose a different school for undergrad if I had it to do over. Went to JCU. Nothing wrong with JCU, I just think it would have been wiser to look for an opportunity to broaden my horizons and take in a different location for school. Easier said and down now with the connectivity of everything. Twenty years ago it was a lot harder to break orbit and go somewhere new.

-- No. Shame on me.

-- Didn't know he was gone. But then who ever leaves for good?

-- Don't have any, so right now I worry about there being future children.

5. Most difficult video game you've beaten/played?[/quote]

-- Haven't played many either. Ones I've played the most are Madden Football or older NBA Live games. Could never beat my buddies in NBA Live -- usually couldn't even come close -- but that was because they owned it and played forever, and I just played when I visited. A recent game that pissed me off was Batman: Arkham Asylum. My brother owns it along with a 60-inch TV. I said, I'm coming over to play that game! Ended up running Batman into walls for about 15 minutes before I said screw this.
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:21 am

Yes. No. Job market's been terrible for me.

Nope.

When him and SoulDawg determine a winner of their special referee Brian McPeek cage match.

Don't have any yet, but the biggest thing would be making sure that I can prevent a lot of outside influences from raising them to be douche bags.

Still can't beat all 8 levels of Intelligent Qube for PS1. Road Rash 3 for Sega was really hard to beat.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:51 am

LSU, Industrial Engineering. My work today is a little more skewed towards the technical sales side, but generally I do work in my field of learning.

When my wife and I lived in Memphis we would help out at St Jude's Childrens Hospital,

3. Will JB ever "grace" these boards again, if so when?Have been out of the loop, so I didn't realize he backed off. Always liked JB though, it's good when you have some guys here who don't take themselves too seriously.

Their happiness. I just want them to be well-adjusted, kind people who value what they do and how they live.

Man it has been awhile. Have always played sports titles.
Last edited by Bayou Tribe on Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:08 pm

Yes. I have 3 college degrees. Calling them a waste of money is probably a bit of an overstatement. But a large percentage of the seemingly good paychecks I get now go to pay off student loans, and it will be that way for 20 years unless my wife gets a job that pays more than minimum wage. Yes I work in the field of my degrees.

I just donate a little anytime a major natural disaster hits. And last year I donated some cash to some charity for kids with severe illnesses.

Don't know. Don't care.

When I got married I thought I wanted children. Now I don't think I do. My wife wants to start having them in 18 months. I'm screwed. Literally and figuratively.

I usually just play sports games, but I did beat Goldeneye for N64. I beat the final stage on the very first try.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:21 pm

No, No.

Yes, off & on, Big Brothers.

What Rich said, he'll be back for Browns.

No kids but I share concerns for education/financial futures moving forward and over reaching policies in every facet of life. Plus very few people are able to leave legacies behind.

5. Most difficult video game you've beaten/played? Probably Riven or one of the more difficult Zeldas.
Last edited by FUDU on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:31 pm

FUDU wrote:Plus very people people are able to leave legacies behind.

Well said.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm

HoodooMan wrote:
FUDU wrote:Plus very people people are able to leave legacies behind.

Well said.

That failure is nowhere near as epic as Big Brothers Big Sisters screening process.

HOLY EFF

How is leave legacy legacy w/ FUDU as a role model?

Eff, how is learn to breath nose nose w/ FUDU as a role model?
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:35 pm

FUDU wrote:1. Did you graduate from college, if so do you work in the field of your degree?

Yes. I do work in the field of my degree

Like others, I mostly give money. Probably not as much as I should. I should devote more time. One thing I want to do is go on a mission somewhere to help out, but the time never seems right. I need to just do it.

I absolutely have noticednhis absence and I hope he's back soon

Like most parents, I have preferences, but notnthings I'm worried about. Id like my son to be tall handsome smart straight and and a good athlete. I don't actually care that much if he's none of those things, as long as he's happy and well adjusted. The things that concern me are mostly the thought of debilitating illness/injury. That kind of shit scares the absolute he'll out of me.

Not much of a gamer. I'd have to say the original Zelda or Metroid for nintendo. Metroid is probablynmy favorite game all time.

Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:37 pm

Bachelors in Accounting, I run large laundries, not for money laundering.
Nope.
He has risen to Dalei Lama Staus and hi presence is implied.
No kids.
Tank Battle.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:44 pm

Yes. tOSU for BS and MS in Atmospheric Science. Coming close to finishing the PhD at The University of Alabama in Huntsville. Never held a real job in my life, but have been working in the field for the past 6 years getting the degrees. Have nibbles for post-docs though. Probably will never leave, I'm pretty good at this stuff.

Community bands count? After the tornadoes went through north Alabama this past April, I went out and cleared trees and such. Generally, don't have much time throughout my schooling.

Don't know the particulars, but nobody ever leaves here, it seems.

Don't have kids, don't have a wife, don't even have a girlfriend. As a Clevelander living in Alabama, I've been subjected to 5 years of involuntary near-celibacy. I worry about the helicopter parents the most, and zero tolerance policies. I did stupid stuff when I was a kid, and I turned out just fine. Kids need to have some independence, versus everyone hovering around them 100% of the time. I remember waking up on a Saturday, telling my mom where I was going, and being out of the house until dinner without her needing to call my cell, or search for a GPS signal. The woman always knew where I was, too... if I was getting into some trouble in some random place, she'd show up and throw me into the back of the minivan by the ear.

I've been on sports games for a while. You also really don't "beat" Sim City. I'd probably go old school on it, and go with Contra without the Konami code.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:47 pm

I don't believe for a damn second that you beat Contra without the code. I call shenanigans.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:55 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I don't believe for a damn second that you beat Contra without the code. I call shenanigans.

I don't believe for a second that you can work an NES controller. I could maybe buy you playing pong w/ a joystick w/out buttons but that is it.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 1:55 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I don't believe for a damn second that you beat Contra without the code. I call shenanigans.

IMHO...Metroid > Contra.

MHO > YHO

FUDU

Unread postby fairvis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:00 pm

I never said that I beat it. Was probably the hardest game I ever played, however. Should've clarified that in the OP.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:01 pm

FUDU wrote:

IMHO...Metroid > Contra.

MHO > YHO

Were you listening to the dude's story? I clearly stated that Metroid is the greatest game of all time.

I just don't believe that fuckin' goldbricker can beat Contra without the code.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:02 pm

fairvis wrote:I never said that I beat it. Was probably the hardest game I ever played, however. Should've clarified that in the OP.

Oh, well, then that's different.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:04 pm

Did you use a code for Metroid, other than the 36 field 72 character password they gave you to save?

FUDU

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:

I don't believe for a second that you can work an NES controller. I could maybe buy you playing pong w/ a joystick w/out buttons but that is it.

And as for you douchebag, Ill have you know that I can work an NES controller like Greg Maddux works the strike zone and Aurora Snow works the cock.

And I'll kick you ass at Kaboom. I might be the greatest Kaboom player of all time. ALL TIME!
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:06 pm

FUDU wrote:Did you use a code for Metroid, other than the 36 field 72 character password they gave you to save?

I don't think so. Not that I can recall anyway.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:08 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I might be the greatest Kaboom player of all time. ALL TIME!

Good thing you put "might be" in there, that's all I'm sayin.

FUDU

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:17 pm

Yes...B.A. Mt. Union. Major was Sociology, and I work in a personnel-related field, so you could say that's related to the degree

Tutor in reading/English in adult literacy program.

I hope so. He's a good guy, and he livens things up.

Bleak economic prospects...debt crisis, unsustainable public sector commitments and unsustainable entitlements...and very little current political will to reform them.

Not a gamer....at all.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:00 pm

FUDU wrote:
motherscratcher wrote:I might be the greatest Kaboom player of all time. ALL TIME!

Good thing you put "might be" in there, that's all I'm sayin.

I have this feeling that younare referring to yourself.

When I say "might be" I'm thinking more along the lines of a little Asian guy who can do the Rubiks Cube in 11 seconds (my personal best is 38 seconds). As unlikely as it may be that this theoretical Asian person who can beat me at Kaboom exists, I at least have to allow for the possibility, no matter how remote. I'm nothing if not humble that way.

But you FUDU? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeit.

You wouldn't stand a chance. Don't feel bad, but it's impossible. Even if I wasn't all but certainly the greatest Kaboom player alive, it's a simple matter of physics. You're too damn tall. You're buckets would be too close to the top of the wall. No way could you possibly keep up.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:23 pm

Don't even get me started mo.

FUDU

Unread postby HoodooMan » Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:59 pm

Last edited by FUDU on Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

<--saddened.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:12 pm

^ credited.

FUDU

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:44 pm

Did not go to College.

Not since I left the military.

Have none.

Marble Madness was perhaps the most infuriating game I've ever played.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Return to No Holds Barred