Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Mo Will

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Mo Will

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:31 am

Saying what we're all thinking

Mo Williams was a very happy man when Dallas beat Miami for the NBA championship on Sunday night, tweeting "Dallas just healed my HEART..."
Williams, still clearly bitter about the way LeBron left he and the Cavaliers last summer, was obviously glad to see Dallas deny James the chance to take home the title. This is just the first interesting nugget in what will be an action-packed summer with news, notes and constant analysis about the performance of LeBron James and the Miami Heat.

Rotoworld

Awesome human being. I hope he text LeBron too
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: Mo Will

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:36 am

He's a whiny nothing and a gaping vagina.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:12 am

See a real Clevelander still wants to see the guy fail more. To the point of complete self destruction. Mo went all woman like on that whine.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby pup » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:30 am

F this gash.

Has Boobie thanked the Mavs for doing what he and his boys didn't have the pelotas to perform?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:56 am

Daniel Gibson
JJ Hickson
Antawn Jamison
Anthony Parker
Andy Varejao

That is what is left from the LeBron era Cavaliers. Of that mix 'Twan was here half a season and is a long in the tooth vet who is in the last year of his contract. Parker is a FA and even if resigned isn't a key part of anything going forward. Hickson is a retard still waiting to reach his potential? The line on him has always been, "He would be a Sophmore/Junior/Senior/5th year Senior in college." He might not remember ever playing with Lebron. Andy should be traded, but seems aloof enough to not be so bothered by LeBron drama.

That leaves Boobie. Like Mo I think he can't quite get around being a bitch about things. Either you shut up and continue to suck up to the "King", or let it out. You have been given plenty of cover from Gilbert and many other players in the league (entire Mavericks team). Hell Carlisle got in such a megaton blast that any of yer comments would absolve but be in the background.

Man up embrace the hate, which also happens to be TRUTH!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:31 pm

Mo is whiny, but you know what, his thoughts speak volumes still about just how big a tank job LeBron pulled.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:44 pm

OH SHEET! The PTI guys just ripped Mo. Then they ripped Cleveland, told us to shutup. Yawn.
Orenthal

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:53 pm

shut up about what?

Lebron's legacy is dead (from all appearances). Everyone is seeing what a giant douche he is, and ESPN is pouring the gasoline all over him. He's so toxic right now to ad. execs, you coulda sworn he vacationed in Cherynobl.

He's not an alpha dog, he'll end up be a 2nd or 3rd banana for the rest of his career.

We've got the number 1 pick in the draft, going to get Kyrie (unless TMLP goes idiot), and with any luck, maybe we'll build ourselves up into a playoff team. We've got the number 4 as well.

The org. is fine

We won. No need to tell us to shut up, and to tell us to quit bitching. We won.
Last edited by Triple-S on Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:55 pm

It's going to be really awkward in C-town when LBJ figures this thing out and rattles off a couple of titles in a row.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:58 pm

They want us to shut up in front of the cameras and sportswriters they plop into half empty bars on East 4th.

I'm really asking myself why I turned to PTI when I could have gone outside and ate some dirt.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:01 pm

Not gonna lie, if I were from C-town I would have been embarassed by those drunk dudes on SC last night.

Although the first black dude seemed like not an idiot.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:It's going to be really awkward in C-town when LBJ figures this thing out and rattles off a couple of titles in a row.

Eh, probably won't matter much either way.

The fact that it fell apart THIS season, not far removed from last year's doosh move, and HOW it fell apart is really the more relevant issue in this rooting against LeBron saga. If he wins one next year it just won't be nearly as big a deal as if he did this year.

However the window for the Heat could close much quicker than people realize, I personally don't think it will but you never know with what could be coming in a new CBA and that fact that LeBron will be LeOld before we know it. He'll be at 29,000 minutes at this time next year, the 40K stuff is crap decline starts sooner, maybe not at 29K but if he doesn't have a ring by 33K (2013) it won't get easier on him.

Either way if he does get a ring, now matter how soon, it will simply mean he had to keep acquiring more and more around him to do so( probably even a coach), at that point he's still viewed as tag along/failure compared to the rest of the ATG's.

CTown doesn't have to get a ring before LeBron to gain satisfaction or revenge, everything was pretty much righted last night.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:22 pm

^I don't know about all that, but I do know once the Cavaliers scored that #1 and #4 my Hate Index went down a few standard deviations.
Orenthal

Unread postby FUDU » Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:52 pm

Orenthal wrote:^I don't know about all that, but I do know once the Cavaliers scored that #1 and #4 my Hate Index went down a few standard deviations.

Think about it in terms of an ex GF OJ. If it was a bad break up or one you weren't down with the animosity is always greater immediately after. But after awhile when you here she's gone through a few relationships and still hasn't found what she wants you're kind of like eh. So by the time she gets her ring and her kids you really don't care.

I think most fans, with half a brain, will continue to root against LBJ but all along know the chances of him getting his ring someday are pretty good. Which gets into the whole thing about how he is going to have to get it.

FUDU

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:14 pm

What Donny said. Sure there'll be a cadre of jersey burners, but last night was pretty much closure.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Orenthal wrote:^I don't know about all that, but I do know once the Cavaliers scored that #1 and #4 my Hate Index went down a few standard deviations.

Same here....
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:41 pm

FUDU wrote:

Think about it in terms of an ex GF OJ. If it was a bad break up or one you weren't down with the animosity is always greater immediately after. But after awhile when you here she's gone through a few relationships and still hasn't found what she wants you're kind of like eh. So by the time she gets her ring and her kids you really don't care.

I think most fans, with half a brain, will continue to root against LBJ but all along know the chances of him getting his ring someday are pretty good. Which gets into the whole thing about how he is going to have to get it.

Yea I agree with most of that. It was the CBA stuff I was getting at. The speculation on that irritates me, only because its so complicated and far away. People speculating on the speculation of the beginning stages of a negotiation then projecting it onto... Well you get it.

May I add that I am a spite filled MF'er. It's part of being Albanian. Never forget those who wrong you, and rarely forgive. BTW, in all honesty, outside of the irrational sports world LBJ and his antics don't even register with me... Fucker could go the way of Baseball and Football in my mind... Away. (This isn't the football board so I don't blast me...)
Orenthal

Unread postby HoodooMan » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:47 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:It's going to be really awkward in C-town when LBJ figures this thing out and rattles off a couple of titles in a row.

How exactly?

If you're somehow suggesting that LBJ's legacy should improve dramatically because of a couple titles, I'm curious as to how you reconcile that with your take on Peyton Manning.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 am

I was thinking more along the lines of a Dirkian evolution at an earlier age. Not being gifted a title in a league void of talent where the one and done system makes winning the title roughly equal to flipping a coin.

And I'm not joking about the shrink thing. It worked for Dirk and Ron Ron.

We can acknowledge and enjoy LBJ's failures thus far, but he is still only 26.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:01 am

Well, when you consider how everyone associated with the NFL is a simpleton, it's almost to be expected that they'd get so caught up in the possibility of a 2nd Super Bowl that they'd foolishly forget Peyton's early career meltdowns and jump at the chance to crown him the greatest QB of all-time.

I trust that our intellectually superior Gen Y'ers associated with the NBA could never make that same mistake with LBJ.
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:08 am

Just winning a title is not the path to clemency for LBJ. Realizing his potential is.

At 26 he still has time.

I mean even the GREAT KOBE BRYANT had to overcome his own demons to take his career to the level it is now at.

You're just scared I'm going to troll you re: MJ like ESPN does.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:10 am

PS: the intellectually superior Hoops writing community I read has never done the MJ thing. It's those damned Xers and Boomers that run SC that keep trolling you.... ;-)
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:34 am

Honest question from someone that doesn't remember:

What happened in Game 5 of the '89 ECF when MJ took a mere eight shots?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:45 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I mean even the GREAT KOBE BRYANT had to overcome his own demons to take his career to the level it is now at.

But he never had to fix what LBJ needs fixed, because that was always there.

Really, I'm still trying to wrap my head around what we just saw from Dirk, because I've always strongly believed that the alpha seize-the-moment mentality in the clutch is something a player is born with, rather than something learnt, and that the idea that "LBJ's still young, it'll come with time" was always just hometown coddling BS.

Before Dirk, every player I ever saw approach the ends of close games the way he did this postseason...always did. Always. So, if nothing else, for me Dirk's 1) an aberration and 2) a different enough guy that I don't think a person like LBJ is likely to follow the same path.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:56 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Honest question from someone that doesn't remember:

I don't remember either!

But I'll be watching these later to find out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiPrZ1eDTU

ETA: Steve Snapper Jonez!!!

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby statmasta » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:05 am

I love Mo Williams.

I♥
Mo
statmasta

Favorite Player: Sandy Alomar Jr.
Least Favorite Player: A.J. Pierzynski

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:35 am

HoodooMan wrote:Before Dirk, every player I ever saw approach the ends of close games the way he did this postseason...always did. Always. So, if nothing else, for me Dirk's 1) an aberration and 2) a different enough guy that I don't think a person like LBJ is likely to follow the same path.

Its partially that, but I think a large part really came with putting better players and coaching around Dirk. I checked the Mavs '06 playoff roster and hindsight being 20/20 I'm utterly amazed a team like that got out of the West that year.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

Going back to the larger discussion, LeQuit had eleven months under Pat Riley's wing and nothing came of it. I'm at the point right now in thinking that The Moment Of Truth won't come crashing onto him until Nike stops returning his calls or Riles hands him a one-way ticket to Sacramento.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:59 am

HoodooMan wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Honest question from someone that doesn't remember:

I don't remember either!

But I'll be watching these later to find out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgiPrZ1eDTU

ETA: Steve Snapper Jonez!!!

So just watching the first half of the 1st Q & the second half of the 4th Q:

1) He was playing PG, and it's clear his primary focus in this game was to get his teammates involved.

2) Down the stretch in the 4th Q, all of his passes could be accounted for by A) getting the offense into a set, B) halfcourt traps, C) passing out of a double to a teammate with an open shot.

3) Still, I'm quibbling a bit. I wouldn't call it passive, but that clearly wasn't MJ being himself. It was a "what was that?" close out, rather than a "WTF WAS THAT?!?!?" close out, and in the context of MJ's career, that's pretty forgettable. And I'd argue that, for years, there have been neon signs pointing to what's happened in the last 13 months for LBJ. Maybe they'd only been of the "what was that?" variety, but there were plenty of them, enough that I don't think the last 13 months have been the least bit out of character for LBJ.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:02 pm

LBJ should not be mentioneded in the same thread as Michael Jeffrey Jordan and Peyton Manning, ever.

FUDU

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

Dick Bavetta is old there and still in the game, Hue Hollins would later flub the 1994 Knicks/Bulls series and be probed by the FBI, and Darrel gave us his son Ron.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:09 pm

SOUNDS A LOT LIKE LBJ!@#$!!

Either way, EOD I'm not talking about LBJ turning magically into MJ. I'm talking about a guy eventually figuring it out enought to make himself a top 10-15 player of all time.

Right now he is hoping to make himself into Scotty.

That is too low for a players legacy to reside w/ his talent.

SPORTS SHRINK

AnD MJ CAN'T CLOSE!!!
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

^He can close when he pushes off...
Orenthal

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:29 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Right now he is hoping to make himself into Scotty.

Do I need to remind you of who it was that flipped out early in the season when I made that comparison, arguing that the best way for the Heat to work would be for Wade to take on the role of MJ-lite with LBJ playing Sooooper Pippen?

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:30 pm

NO!!!

Although I’m still struggling to get the 07-09 playoffs out of my mind. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT PLAYER?!?!

And The Heat gave LBJ the keys all the way up to the Finals.

WHY IS HE SUCH A PSYCHO!!!

WHY DID HE MAKE ME WRONG ABOUT SOMETHING!!!!!!!
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:31 pm

bow I get the point you try to make above when you mention LBJ and Manning, but I just don't see it remotely possible to make a cross sport comparison like, simply due to the inherent differences of each sport, even talking about super stars respectively. Real quick the first thing is LBJ plays both ways, Peyton not so much. Second, basketball is impacted so much by one player where in football there are many more variables, obviously. That goes for any players you choose for the comparison not just those two.

RE: LeBron : MJ, it's over in terms of comparing, regardless of including rings or not. LeBron's skill set just doesn't match up. Them both being scorers is where the similarities stop. The ONLY thing LeBron has been able to do better than Jordan for the majority of his career so far is shoot from beyond the arc. It took MJ years to become dangerous in that regard. Everything else favors Jordan, and rather significantly especially considering how much of a post game LeBron lacks. Jordan could consistently kill you anywhere on the court at will, LeBron just cannot. His game is so dependent upon dominating athleticism that IMO it has actually hindered his need to expand his game. Also even though LeBron can play very good D, he is still not a true stopper. His help D is pretty awesome at times but one on one LeBron is not a stopper day in and day out. I don't think I need to comment on the D of his Airness.

I have to admit to being blinded by my Cavalier love in not seeing LeBron's game more objectively all these years. Now the player that should be compared to MJ way more than LeBron is Wade, Wade is still no MJ but his skill set matches up better, Wade is quicker and more slippery on the drive, way better handles than LeBron and has a post up game like Jordan. Wade also has way better stop and pop ability and can finish more acrobatically than LeBron, as Jordan did.

I do think eye has a point in saying WTF has happened to LeBron, but I also think the answer to that question COULD be nothing has happened to him, he has always been this way.

FUDU

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 5:33 pm

No.

"With No Regard For Human Life" LBJ was not the same as 2010 and 2011 playoff LBJ.

And LBJ is a better passer than Jordan, not mentioning that is a problem.

LBJ that tried to take down the Magic in 2009 was not the same as 2010 and 2011 playoff LBJ either. That was a guy trying to kill the other team on every single possesion. This guy now just stands around lost and confused. Post game or not, there is a difference between being a complete player and literally just lolly gagging around the court like you don't give a fuck.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 14, 2011 6:08 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:No.

"With No Regard For Human Life" LBJ was not the same as 2010 and 2011 playoff LBJ.

And LBJ is a better passer than Jordan, not mentioning that is a problem.

LBJ that tried to take down the Magic in 2009 was not the same as 2010 and 2011 playoff LBJ either. That was a guy trying to kill the other team on every single possesion. This guy now just stands around lost and confused. Post game or not, there is a difference between being a complete player and literally just lolly gagging around the court like you don't give a fuck.

LBJ has better court vision than Jordan did, but then again a guy who wants little to do with being the man would. Jordan had a score first mentality, all great scorers do. Jordan rarely if ever hesitated in going for the throat, LeBron has always taken his sweet assed time in his thought processeses. I think Jordan's legacy will be just fine if LeBron goes down as a "better passer".

I agree with you to a point though about LeBron and lolly gagging, it is truly astounding in a way when you take into context what he has done in the past. In the end I find it hard to believe it is not preemptive or without conscious thought.

FUDU

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:52 pm

FUDU wrote:(1)RE: LeBron : MJ, it's over in terms of comparing, regardless of including rings or not. LeBron's skill set just doesn't match up. Them both being scorers is where the similarities stop. The ONLY thing LeBron has been able to do better than Jordan for the majority of his career so far is shoot from beyond the arc. It took MJ years to become dangerous in that regard. Everything else favors Jordan, and rather significantly especially considering how much of a post game LeBron lacks. Jordan could consistently kill you anywhere on the court at will, LeBron just cannot. His game is so dependent upon dominating athleticism that IMO it has actually hindered his need to expand his game. Also even though LeBron can play very good D, he is still not a true stopper. His help D is pretty awesome at times but one on one LeBron is not a stopper day in and day out. I don't think I need to comment on the D of his Airness.

(2)I have to admit to being blinded by my Cavalier love in not seeing LeBron's game more objectively all these years. Now the player that should be compared to MJ way more than LeBron is Wade, Wade is still no MJ but his skill set matches up better, Wade is quicker and more slippery on the drive, way better handles than LeBron and has a post up game like Jordan. Wade also has way better stop and pop ability and can finish more acrobatically than LeBron, as Jordan did.

RE 1: I agree, obviously. I wouldn't analyze the two quite that way, since it can easily yield something like that ridiculous LBJ vs. MJ article from ESPN. But yeah, it was already looking like it'd be the case anyway, but LBJ cemented his position below MJ (and several other all-time greats) last summer.

RE 2: Maybe you remember, maybe you don't, but pretty early on in their careers, I thought Wade was the better player and I haven't wavered from that since. IMO, Wade's performance in Game 6 should probably be at least as big a story as LBJ's. Overall, it looks to me like Wade's game has either been contaminated by LBJ or just corrupted by his own development as an outside shooter, because these "hero ball" 3pt attempts never used to be his thing. Earlier in his career, no one in the league was better at attacking the basket, making plays, getting to the line, etc in crunch time.

HoodooMan
The King

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:00 pm

I do remember, credit where it is due, however it's not like you went to window betting Donerail.

Seeing Wade as a non LeBron fan now I say he is the best at getting to the rim. Just too quick, pretty good ball handler in traffic and more moves.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:00 pm

Personally think that in addition to the 3-pt 'hero ball' stuff Wade is less inclined to go to the rim as often because he was getting beaten to hell. When he goes he pays a far bigger penalty physically than he dishes out and there was an effort in Miami to try and curb all those runs to the rim.

James was supposed to help soften those blows by dishing out his own and opening up the defense. Which also would have allowed Wade to operate in that intermediate range where he's more effective than most.

It was a good plan until LeBron failed miserably and shit himself. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA