Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

NBA FINALS

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: NBA FINALS

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:12 pm

I loved watching Bosh falling down on his hands and knees, crying on his way to the locker room.

awesome. epic.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:This is it right here:

To hear James suggest that the world will have to return to its sad, little ordinary lives and he’ll still get to be LeBron James late Sunday night was a window into his warped, fragile psyche. It was sad, and portends to how disconnected to the world he truly is.

“They have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today … the same personal problems,” James said. “I’m going to continue to live the way that I want to live. … But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

There’s nothing real about James’ world, and never has been. He’s a prisoner of a life that his sycophants and enablers and our sporting culture has created for him. He’s rich and talented and something of a tortured soul. He’s the flawed superstar for these flawed times. He’s a creation of a basketball breeding ground full of such twisted priorities and warped principles. Almost every person who’s ever had to work closely with him, who has spent significant time, who’s watched him belittle and bully people, told me they were rooting hard against him. That’s sad, and that’s something he doesn’t understand and probably never will.When the game was over, his attitude was downright defiant. They had done enough to win, he insisted, and of course he was wrong.

If you're Pat Riley, how the hell do you fix this?
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 pm

WARNING: ACTUAL ON THE COURT ANALYSIS OF LBJ

WARNING: THIS IS NOT ABOUT POST GAME COMMENTS OR SPORTS SHRINKS!!!

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2011/06 ... fense-too/
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:31 pm

And man did Dwyer ever drop a burn on our angry loud mouthed midget of an owner....

TEEHEE
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:39 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Also, quick exercise:

Think about "NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE!@#$!!"

Project that onto this years LBJ and see if you can line up those two people.

You probably can't.

Somewhere along the line LBJ changed. I have no idea what that thing was, but his entire legacy is pretty much tied to a shrink.

(NOTE: I was not joking on the shrink thing, both Ron Artest and now Dirk have attributed career corrections to shrinks)

Yah pretty wild. Last year I just couldn't understand his Boston performance......couldn't really reconcile it....and in this series I think what you can take away is that whatever happened, it certainly trancends frustration with his teammates talent and coach in Cleveland last year, which is maybe what you'd have considered above all else back then...

Whatever the case it seems to have occurred sometime between the Orlando Series and the Boston series. Really strange.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby swerb » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:This is it right here:

To hear James suggest that the world will have to return to its sad, little ordinary lives and he’ll still get to be LeBron James late Sunday night was a window into his warped, fragile psyche. It was sad, and portends to how disconnected to the world he truly is.

“They have to wake up and have the same life that they had before they woke up today … the same personal problems,” James said. “I’m going to continue to live the way that I want to live. … But they have to get back to the real world at some point.”

There’s nothing real about James’ world, and never has been. He’s a prisoner of a life that his sycophants and enablers and our sporting culture has created for him. He’s rich and talented and something of a tortured soul. He’s the flawed superstar for these flawed times. He’s a creation of a basketball breeding ground full of such twisted priorities and warped principles. Almost every person who’s ever had to work closely with him, who has spent significant time, who’s watched him belittle and bully people, told me they were rooting hard against him. That’s sad, and that’s something he doesn’t understand and probably never will.When the game was over, his attitude was downright defiant. They had done enough to win, he insisted, and of course he was wrong.

Yep - there it is. Hammer, nail.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:56 pm

Someone w/ the abilities at the moment should cut and paste about four tweets from Chris Mannix in support of the Woj quotes above.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Chris Mannix
ChrisMannixSI Chris Mannix
Honestly, this isn't a media creation. Most of the stuff I'm getting, and what I'm guessing others are, is coming in unprompted.
20 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Chris Mannix
One source who has worked on a team with LeBron texted, "When is everyone going to realize he only cares about himself?"
21 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
»
Chris Mannix
Amazing the steady stream of anti-LeBron backlash that comes in from coaches, scouts, execs and players. So many just don't like him.
Last edited by Triple-S on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm reading/listening about Spoelstra's coaching and Riley's inability to surround the Superfriends with the right talent, and my laughter is only growing.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:36 pm

Anyone with iphone can get 790 the ticket via itunes and listen live via the station's iphone app. Lebatard and Stugotz at 3pm will be gold.

If you have other smartphones you can probably just go to the 790 the ticket site and hit 'listen live' button.

It's been so golden today thus far.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:53 pm

peeker643 wrote:Anyone with iphone can get 790 the ticket via itunes and listen live via the station's iphone app. Lebatard and Stugotz at 3pm will be gold.

If you have other smartphones you can probably just go to the 790 the ticket site and hit 'listen live' button.

OK, listening to them parodying John Cougar Mellencamp to whine about Sir Charles and 'the media' just put the cherry on the top of my afternoon.

And now its on to 'next year'. Ha ha ha, oh wow.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:56 pm

Stick with it through the Lebatard show. Trust me.

;-) ;) :wink:

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Anyone with iphone can get 790 the ticket via itunes and listen live via the station's iphone app. Lebatard and Stugotz at 3pm will be gold.

OK, listening to them parodying John Cougar Mellencamp to whine about Sir Charles and 'the media' just put the cherry on the top of my afternoon.

And now its on to 'next year'. Ha ha ha, oh wow.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby DeanSheen » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:03 pm

Saw this article from June 9th referenced today. Was this part of the whole "making fun of Dirk" thing the Heat did?

On the subject of Nowitzki, it could be that Wade was reluctant to be distracted from the competitive task at hand. Or maybe he wanted no part of a storyline that many African-American players for years have been sensitive to: the excessive glorification of basketball's Caucasian stars.

Peaking in the 1980s with Larry Bird - with whom Nowitzki has been compared - the belief has been that the white star has been excessively mythologized for working harder and sacrificing more.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/10/sports/nowitzki-sheds-soft-label-as-he-shops-for-a-ring.html?_r=1&hpw
I met my Spergon Wynn's mom once in a bar in Houston. It was a little awkward.
DeanSheen

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: Hafner

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:Stick with it through the Lebatard show. Trust me.

;-) ;) :wink:

...and miss Reghi and Roda? No problem!
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:27 pm

Russillo's NBA Today is up, but it is 99% about basketball so most of you probably don't care:

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/podcast/
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:48 pm

I just turned on this dumb ass Miami station and within four seconds the host was comparing current LBJ to Ali's trials and tribulations during the sixties. Actually said "is Ali even close" re: what LBJ has had to deal with.

The last moron that made a comp the Ali in the 60's was Simmons with Tiger.

It did not end well for Simmons.

It should not end well for this idiot.

I can't do this, just can't listen to these morons.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Russillo's NBA Today is up, but it is 99% about basketball so most of you probably don't care:

That isn't friendly. Ewww Jalen Rose. Just started.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:55 pm

How much money has Maverick Carter cost LeBron at this point? Until 13 months ago, most of this stuff slipped under the radar and now he's in a fishbowl as the stereotypical dickhead athlete. Pretty unbelievable when you step back and think about it.

Say what you want about the Cavs but people had his back here, as they would have in New York, Chicago, or any other defensible/non-pussy choice. Hell, most people here were willing to forgive him quitting in 2010 if he stayed. The four horsemen should probably leave it to the professionals next time.
Last edited by Kingpin74 on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:58 pm

Orenthal wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:Russillo's NBA Today is up, but it is 99% about basketball so most of you probably don't care:

Rose has actually been good on the NBA Today stuff he has done. Far better than his studio work.

And Kingpin, the more LBJ plays the heel the more his shit has been selling. Maverick Carter has made him very rich. You need to stop pretending like him and Wade didn't bring in $800MM just in NBA merchandise last year.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:00 pm

Never heard these guys before. Just waiting for the main course which rarely disappoints.

e0y2e3 wrote:I just turned on this dumb ass Miami station and within four seconds the host was comparing current LBJ to Ali's trials and tribulations during the sixties. Actually said "is Ali even close" re: what LBJ has had to deal with.

The last moron that made a comp the Ali in the 60's was Simmons with Tiger.

It did not end well for Simmons.

It should not end well for this idiot.

I can't do this, just can't listen to these morons.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:02 pm

And Kingpin, the more LBJ plays the heel the more his shit has been selling. Maverick Carter has made him very rich. You need to stop pretending like him and Wade didn't bring in $800MM just in NBA merchandise last year.

Fine, I probably shouldn't put it in financial terms. But reputation wise, I'm still in awe at what's happened to him without any sort of crime being involved. It's old news but last night and today were the grand finale. There was blood in the water and I've never seen America galvanized so much against an athlete.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:06 pm

Fair enough Peeks. And OJ Rose is barely even on that pod, just a minute or three. It's how he's been effective on NBA Today ha.

Either way Russillo is going to go pure draft after today so make sure you keep checking. He's really effing good.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Wait, I really just sat through 10 minutes of that horrible show before this to catch them punting and going straight NFL?

Bitches.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:11 pm

Either way Russillo is going to go pure draft after today so make sure you keep checking. He's really effing good.

Who the hell do we take at 4 if Kanter is gone? I'm rooting for something like the Derrick Williams/TPE swap because it isn't my money and I don't see how else we would use it. Or could the possibility of an amnesty rule in the next CBA negate any good TPE deal that's out there?
Kingpin74

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:12 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
Orenthal wrote:

Rose has actually been good on the NBA Today stuff he has done. Far better than his studio work.

Jalen Rose is very black. To the point where I think it warps his mind. Very ethnocentric. Or should I say ghettocentric.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:13 pm

Vala.

It's a done deal that Kanter or Vala will be a Cav.

I also wouldn't be shocked to see them try to get back into the lottery to get Biyombo or Kawhi.

I want nothing to do with blowing assets for D-Will. Nothing.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:14 pm

Between your rec earlier, the 4/13 Vala/Euro pod, the combine coverage, and his work on VanPelt there is no doubt he is high on my podcast power rankings.
Orenthal

Unread postby dmiles » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:16 pm

First Mortenson and now John Clayton up next. W-T-F. Let's get to the melty stuff guys.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

dmiles wrote:First Mortenson and now John Clayton up next. W-T-F. Let's get to the melty stuff guys.

Clearly their attempt at humor and avoidance. ;-) ;) :wink:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:18 pm

dmiles wrote:First Mortenson and now John Clayton up next. W-T-F. Let's get to the melty stuff guys.

Peeks has been telling me to listen to this show for about a year. I haven't yet because every time I hear LeBatard speak I see his chest hair.

I finally listen and they PUNT. They are freaking punting the show. I'm at a loss.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm

It's a humorous punt.

But it's a punt Peeks, make no mistake about that.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:19 pm

I want nothing to do with blowing assets for D-Will. Nothing.

Is it even that big of an asset by the time the draft rolls around though? It's just cash that isn't yours or mine and cap room we won't need for another couple years. We have 17 days left right now and by draft time, we'll have 1(?) day left. It's use it or lose it at this point. If there are other good realistic pre-lockout deals out there, I'm all ears but I just don't see that happening.
Kingpin74

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:20 pm

It's an asset you use to get other picks.

You do not trade the #4 pick and the asset you have to aquire picks to move up two spots. You just don't.

And it doesn't matter because Minny wants vet legit players. Something the Cavs roster has... uhm... yeah.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:21 pm

Like a crow and tin foil I'm engrossed in The Ticket Chick of the day. These aren't Cleveland fatties...
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:22 pm

Awesome.

And if you don't think the sports fans and Heat Melters in Miami aren't about ready to pick up torches and storm the station you're crazy ;-) ;) :wink:

And the dead air with Mark Hochman sports comic?? Sorry. It's one of things where if you haven't listened previously you wouldn't have an appreciation at all.

e0y2e3 wrote:

Peeks has been telling me to listen to this show for about a year. I haven't yet because every time I hear LeBatard speak I see his chest hair.

I finally listen and they PUNT. They are freaking punting the show. I'm at a loss.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:23 pm

D-Will could be something some day, but you don't trade an assets that historically is turned into more picks to get the guy with no defined position in a weak draft.
Orenthal

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

I'm laughing, don't get me wrong. Mainly because I know damn well the people in Miami are ready to storm the station. That part is well played.

I'm still annoyed that this is the day I decided to give them a shot though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby JJN » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Kingpin74 wrote:Who the hell do we take at 4 if Kanter is gone? I'm rooting for something like the Derrick Williams/TPE swap because it isn't my money and I don't see how else we would use it. Or could the possibility of an amnesty rule in the next CBA negate any good TPE deal that's out there?

e0 is right when he says its either Vala or Kanter. Amnesty rule would decrease the value of the TPE, but there is still going to be a team that could use a stretch 4 while unloading a contract. The amnesty rule would let us get rid of Boom Dizzle's contract, so even if it hurts our TPE value, so we still win.
JJN

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:24 pm

Nope. It's to enrage the people who abuse Lebatard on Twitter and on the air.

I just hope they don't do it for the entire show. Because I honestly want to hear the calls, guests and Lebatard's analysis which, if you get past the chest hair, is always insightful.

Anyone see him on the 30- for 30 special on the 'Canes?

e0y2e3 wrote:It's a humorous punt.

But it's a punt Peeks, make no mistake about that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:26 pm

Barkely and Lebatard made a bet about the series with Barkley taking Dallas and the loser forced to wear a speedo.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:29 pm

peeker643 wrote:Barkely and Lebatard made a bet about the series with Barkley taking Dallas and the loser forced to wear a speedo.

I am aware of this.

I wish I wasn't.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:32 pm

I also passed the ball very fast when I played CYO in the 7th and 8th grade.
Orenthal

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:34 pm

Larvell beat me to the punch with Stevenson's shirt, but I'm going to post another view just for kicks. I love juvenile humor...

"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Orenthal » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:35 pm

^That's reckless.
Orenthal

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:36 pm

Effin' commercials. Podcasts are the greatest invention of the 20th-21st century.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Dirk's shirt he wore on the plane was awesome as well.

I'm too lazy to go find the pick again though.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:38 pm

peeker643 wrote:Effin' commercials. Podcasts are the greatest invention of the 20th-21st century.

Seriously.

This is the first time I have listened to a live radio feed in any capacity in at least five years.

Gross.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:49 pm

Wowza... here you go Woj:

http://m.deadspin.com/5811311/every-ove ... bron-james

That is effin something.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:00 pm

"I just kicked LeBron's ass with a Puerto Rican dwarf." :lmfao:

- Rick Carlisle celebrating with his wife and mini-bar bottle of booze.

They're right about how ridiculously dull and white bread Carlisle is.

peeker643
Duly Noted

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA