Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Glad we avoided this locker room cancer

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Glad we avoided this locker room cancer

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:32 pm

Prima donna is a terrible teamate, will never command the respect of an NFL huddle or the lockeroom , and won't study to learn his craft and do what it takes in the Pros yada yada yada yada.

SD:

Hmm somebody was out to school when that slam came in .

Yeah we really didn't need no self starters around Cleveland anyway.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/nfl /06/09/panthers.ap/index.html?xid=si_nfl

Newton earning respect of Panthers teammates
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Cam Newtonsweated through a workout with his new Carolina teammates Wednesday morning, hopped a flight to Washington to meet the president in the afternoon, then quickly returned to make sure he attended the final player-organized workout Thursday.
As the Heisman Trophy winner prepares for the scrutiny of being the NFL's No. 1 overall pick, his work ethic, fitness and willingness to fit in are impressing his veteran teammates.
"He showed up every day early. He's working hard," Panthers linebacker Jon Beason said Thursday. "He's interacted well and he's shown some great leadership."
Newton is making the best of an offseason like no other because of the lockout.
He can't talk to Carolina's new coaching staff. He's forced to learn the playbook on his own. He doesn't have a contract. It's uncertain if top receiver Steve Smith will be his teammate. There is no indication how long of a preseason there will be.
And yet Newton is considered the key to whether the NFL-worst Panthers can contend.
Newton, who led Auburn to the 2010 national title with a dazzling 50-touchdown season, is upbeat and confident even as he acknowledges the NFL is not college football.
"Preparing as a quarterback in the NFL is completely different," he said. "The terminology, the blitz schemes, and at the end of the day, you're not playing freshmen anymore. You're playing grown men. This where speed comes into play at all times."
Newton was able to get a playbook and meet with Carolina's coaches the day after the first round of the draft, when the lockout was temporarily lifted. He said offensive coordinator Rob Chudzinski gave him some "focus points." He's also met with last year's starter, Jimmy Clausen, to compare notes.
Clausen and free-agent QB Matt Moore also attended the workouts the past two weeks at a Charlotte high school.
"I think I've got a grip on who we are as an offense, what Coach Chudzinski is trying to do," Newton said.
Newton believes the Panthers, who managed 16 offensive touchdowns in going 2-14 last season, can turn things around, even if he's not about to make any bold declarations about beating out Clausen for the starting job. Newton called the talent the offense has displayed at the eight days of workouts "something to be scared of."
"We can maximize everybody's potential in this offense," he said.
Carolina's chances to get out of the NFL basement would seemingly be better if Smith stayed. The four-time Pro Bowl receiver, who has two years left on his contract, has hedged on whether he wants to return.
Smith said Monday he's been skipping the workouts that have drawn about 50 players a day because of his wife's ill health. But while Smith wasn't present Thursday, Newton said he did show up earlier in the week.
"To some degree, he's on a different level. I told him this," Newton said. "When I throw a three-step drop or an out-route, I've got to get back real fast to get it to him extremely quick because he's that explosive as a player."
It's the same attribute the Panthers expect from their new QB. They are gambling that Newton, who played only one season of major college football in a spread offense, will become the franchise quarterback they've never had.
Newton's chiseled 6-foot-5 frame stood out as he wore shorts and a T-shirt without sleeves on Thursday morning, the only day reporters were allowed to attend the workouts.
Newton was one of the first players on the field before 8 a.m. He caught some punts before lobbing some passes. Left tackle Jordan Gross said Newton has won several conditioning contests.
"Cam has really just come in and kind of kept quiet," Gross said. "He had fun with the guys and tried to fit in and earn respect and doing things right. He's thrown some great passes, gotten under center, been vocal with his cadence when we've done our team offense stuff.
"Overall, he's just shown he's in shape and willing to work hard."
Newton showed no fatigue from his day of traveling. He attended a celebration Wednesday at the White House with his old Auburn teammates for winning the national title in January, talking briefly with President Barack Obama.
"The secret service wouldn't let us get too close to him," Newton said. "It was, 'Hey, how are you?"' and you were out. But it was awesome being in his presence."
Then Newton quickly headed back to Charlotte. There was more work to do, more bonding with teammates, more studying.
"Everything has been great," Newton said. "We've been getting excellent participation from the team. We're just out here every single day trying to do the best that we can with the material that we do have to try to learn and comprehend."
SoulDawg
WAR : OUR TIME HAS COME
SoulDawg74

Re: Glad we avoided this locker room cancer

Unread postby mattvan1 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:58 pm

We all wanted him, too bad he was off the board. Anyway, YahooFan's buddy at the car wash, you know the one who saw LeBron's GF with Rashard Lewis, well anyway he said that Holmgren is without a doubt taking TPeezy in the supplemental draft so we'll be OK at QB, especially after all of the dirt comes out about Colt and improper contact with agents at UT.

This is FACT.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:11 pm

mattvan1 wrote:We all wanted him, too bad he was off the board. Anyway, YahooFan's buddy at the car wash, you know the one who saw LeBron's GF with Rashard Lewis, well anyway he said that Holmgren is without a doubt taking TPeezy in the supplemental draft so we'll be OK at QB, especially after all of the dirt comes out about Colt and improper contact with agents at UT.

This is FACT.

SD:

Yep .............

But no need to worry the Browns will show zero interest in Pryor , they won't mess with the chemistry Colt is building up .

He has built in comp. without us using a roster space with both Luck and Barkley ready to cast a big shadow should he slip.

Pryor is Oakland bound , If Andy Reid doesn't have enough room left on Devils Island.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby pup » Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:48 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:We all wanted him, too bad he was off the board. Anyway, YahooFan's buddy at the car wash, you know the one who saw LeBron's GF with Rashard Lewis, well anyway he said that Holmgren is without a doubt taking TPeezy in the supplemental draft so we'll be OK at QB, especially after all of the dirt comes out about Colt and improper contact with agents at UT.

This is FACT.

SD:

Yep .............

But no need to worry the Browns will show zero interest in Pryor , they won't mess with the chemistry Colt is building up .

He has built in comp. without us using a roster space with both Luck and Barkley ready to cast a big shadow should he slip.

Pryor is Oakland bound , If Andy Reid doesn't have enough room left on Devils Island.

SoulDawg

I was there with ya on Cam. From the get go.

Please do not try to include Pryor in the same stratosphere of NFL prospects. Dude has no chance at playing QB in the NFL. None. Throws like a girl. And stares at his receivers like a bride to be fawning over her wedding dress. Plus he is a cock sucking crybaby loser. He can run. Comps with Newton end there.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:40 pm

pup wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

This is FACT.

SD:

Yep .............

SoulDawg

I was there with ya on Cam. From the get go.

Please do not try to include Pryor in the same stratosphere of NFL prospects. Dude has no chance at playing QB in the NFL. None. Throws like a girl. And stares at his receivers like a bride to be fawning over her wedding dress. Plus he is a cock sucking crybaby loser. He can run. Comps with Newton end there.

SD:

Matt made that comparison not me , two different kettles of stew.

Cam is a man who put aside childish things long ago , and is rolling tractor tires with his lineman and whuppin everybody in wind sprints executing leadership from the front.

Pryor needed another year os seasoning to grow up , learn the game and exchange his puberty panties for some mens drawers.

Dude is an imbecile who will reap the havoc of destroying tOSU football program
due to his selfish indulgence and brazen ignorance, in lost wages and prestige .

Cam came in from the top clean as a newborn.

TP will have to crawl thru the sewage of his own making.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:30 am

I already have the Italian marble on order to construct a shrine to him in my back yard. Do you think The Pope will bless it for me? ::doh::
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:46 am

SD,

All the growing up in the world is not going to make up for his inability to play the QB position at the NFL level.

And all the coaching on how to play QB at the NFL level is not going to make him grow up.

He has no shot. None.

Work on your hands kid, because if you want to play on Sundays it is at WR.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Only SD (and in this instance pup) could take a guy showing up early in June, going through some workouts, and being a likable teammate and parlay that into validation that said player was the ticket to the promised land and how the Browns truly missed the boat.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 12:54 pm

FUDU wrote:Only SD (and in this instance pup) could take a guy showing up early in June, going through some workouts, and being a likable teammate and parlay that into validation that said player was the ticket to the promised land and how the Browns truly missed the boat.

I did that when? I am simply saying TP has no shot, because he has no tools.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 pm

You've been in the Cam camp with SD all along, and truth be told I was hoping that lumping you in would get something going in here.

But really SD, like we didn't see this coming.

Stripe and spots simply don't change.

FUDU

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 pm

FUDU wrote:You've been in the Cam camp with SD all along, and truth be told I was hoping that lumping you in would get something going in here.

SD:

Donny puhlease , I have two 13 year old nephews who offer more of an intellectual challenge than you .

This is a timely article TP and Newton at the same time moving in opposite directions .

One in disgrace while the other takes the place others said he'd never achieve.

We have Colt , the Browns will not muddy the water and pursue TP , so if your waiting for me to make that case hold your breath .

He's Oakland bound or other , Colts competition won't be on this roster , its looming in next years draft .

May he do well and exorcise those demons.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm

We get it SD, if Cam farted and it didn't smell you'd buy an airplane banner claiming "HOF bitches".

FUDU

Unread postby hiko » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:01 pm

If you wanted him, if you didn't want him, Newton was gone by our pick so it's a moot point. Can we stop talking about him?

Pryor... urg. Wouldn't mind taking a look at him in a WR role, but he'll never be an NFL QB. His best bet is to transfer to Div. 2 or whatever, play the season at WR, and try to build himself a resume so some NFL team will spend higher than a 5th Round pick on him.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby hiko » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:04 pm

PS - speaking of cancers that I'm glad we avoided, what is Kenny Britt's issue?
hiko

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:07 pm

FUDU wrote:You've been in the Cam camp with SD all along, and truth be told I was hoping that lumping you in would get something going in here.

Oh, I definitely think Cam is going to be a very good NFL QB in due time.

Probably better than Peyton Manning.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Nice.

The paths of TP and Cam are completely irrelevant and moot to what the future holds for Cam at this next level.

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:00 pm

I think its ironic that SD starts another QB thread about Newton and the title is about cancers......

Hey, SD....the internet called. They want their biopsy back
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby pup » Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:09 pm

FUDU wrote:Nice.

You wanted some shit started in this forum. Thought the #18 talk might grease the wheels.

The paths of TP and Cam are completely irrelevant and moot to what the future holds for Cam at this next level.

Could not agree more. But for everyone out there who was so sure Newton will suck, how can they even consider TP as a possibility? Paths are pointless. Skills are.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby mattvan1 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:02 pm

TP will redefine the TE position, and he will do so immediately.

CN will redefine TPs definition of the TE position, although he will do so in 3 years from now.
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:20 am

Sorry matt but I think you're nuts, TP redefines nothing in the end IMO, neither does Cam.

Equal/better athletes haven't to date, (Randell Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Michael Vick). IMO the NFL is bigger than either of these two in not only athleticism but also smarts and schemes.

FUDU

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:21 am

nm
Last edited by FUDU on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby hiko » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:52 am

In a world where Tim Tebow is a first round pick, Cam Newton will be all right.

He may not end up being the end all be all, but at least he has some potential.
hiko

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:28 am

FUDU wrote:Sorry matt but I think you're nuts, TP redefines nothing in the end IMO, neither does Cam.

Equal/better athletes haven't to date, (Randell Cunningham, Kordell Stewart, Michael Vick). IMO the NFL is bigger than either of these two in not only athleticism but also smarts and schemes.

It was all tongue in cheek and obviously a very poor attempt at humor. TE, get it? As in TP will not be drafted as a QB, and Cam will be switched to TE after he.......

Nevermind.

And no, I really don't think Cam will be a TE.
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:08 pm

Fair enough, you normally don't put up crazy stuff like that, which is why I responded.

FUDU

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:52 pm

pup wrote:

OH

MY

GOD!

:pigs:
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby pup » Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:30 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
pup wrote:

OH

MY

GOD!

:pigs:

Day late and a $ short there Willy.

Pretty sure the person who was meant to understand did.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:47 am

Hey, you wrote it
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:19 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:Hey, you wrote it

SD:

Although pup answered in anger his point has more merit than you would think.

Manning never won anything in College while Newton won everything twice at both Collegiate levels he competed in .

Manning has the gaudiest numbers at QB in the sport, he's Lebron James who got lucky and didn't choke away his every chance.

He will not stand in there and deliver the pill knowing he is going to take the hit for his troubles , which is why he can't carry Montana's or others Jocks despite all the fancy numbers .

He has a great supporting cast built around an immobile field general , who will eviscerate you , if you don't effect pressure upon him and take him off his game.

Cam Newton will be joining a team which has worse personnel than us , a suspect front office with an owner who exhibits a Tobacco plantation slave mentality in regards to NFL player contracts and the players union as the owners front running Hawk leading the attack on the present ,now debunked labor deal which had two years left when he led the charge admist others to opt out.

Newton will start so far back from where Manning started he will look like a lead car in a nascar race despite the reality he's the tail car about to get lapped .

He brings better physical skills to the game than Manning , and there is no question about his toughness, while his QB skills are understated and under appreciated albeit raw as hell.

Never has one Collegian overcome so much pressure admist so much controversy and shook it all off and won the NCAA Championship , the Panthers have the most competitive physically gifted QB
to have ever played the position coming into a situation where the only direction is up.

Under Chud's system DA amassed just under 4000 yards thru for 29 Td's and made the pro bowl and he's a two left footed idiot who cracks under pressure both on the field and off .

Manning and the Colts are thru , they mised their window of opportunity and Newton will win one before Manning wins another as a result .

In Chuds system which is taylored around what Newton does best , ultimately it maybe be a better fit than Mannings carefully crafted cocoon as far as production and winning Championships , it allowed a 4 win talented Romeo Crennel led Browns team to amass ten wins and come within one bad half of football from making the playoffs , with an idiot QB at the helm who tripped over his own feet wit a clear path TD in sight .

Its turned Flacco into a star at Baltimore despite his laze faire attitude , and it has the mechanizations in place to allow the most gifted QB to come down the pike to really show case this system to its utmost.

I bet I could get longer odds on this at an English book than Mac winning the British open by 25 which will pay his dad $325,000 if he pulls it off next month.

However I'd settle for a picture of your jaw dropping to the floor , and revel in the doctors report that it caused a permanent condition.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:28 am

Nice work pup.

::doh::

FUDU

Unread postby pup » Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 pm

FUDU wrote:Nice work pup.

::doh::

You asked for it.

Mark Reynolds (10)