Text Size

No Holds Barred

5QF - 6/3/11

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

5QF - 6/3/11

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:48 am

1. Best band of the 90s no longer releasing albums, doing big shows, or maybe not even together anymore?

2. In light of Kevorkian's death, agree/disagree with practice of assisted suicide? Why/why not?

3. Worst state you've ever driven through?

4. Most disappointed you've been after seeing a movie you really wanted to see and then having it completely blow?

5. Since the School's Out thread is getting moderate love, what's the best summer memories from one your grade school summers?
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Re: 5QF - 6/3/11

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:07 am

1. Best band of the 90s no longer releasing albums, doing big shows, or maybe not even together anymore?

Sublime

2. In light of Kevorkian's death, agree/disagree with practice of assisted suicide? Why/why not?

I'm not religious, which is the only reason I can imagine anyone ever opposes the idea.

In terms of what? I've never experienced anything like Maryland/DC drivers. Its heavily compressed in terms of density, the main arteries are poorly designed for the area, and these are the worst, most selfish drivers I could imagine.

4. Most disappointed you've been after seeing a movie you really wanted to see and then having it completely blow?

Who knows, I guess that movie the southpark guys made when I was younger was pretty dissappointing but you'd have to question the expectation there.

Every will ferrel movie?

5. Since the School's Out thread is getting moderate love, what's the best summer memories from one your grade school summers?

Maybe when my best friend got a minibike when we were 12-13...fill up the tank in morning for about $.30 , take turns riding around the neighborhood all day, come inside at dark and play video games til 5 or 6 am, wake up around 11 -12 and do it again.

That was a great summer.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby General » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:17 am

There were bands then?

Absolutley agree. Quality of life is the issue and should be guarded without fail.

The trip from Chicago to Peoria is pretty bleak, also I-10 in the panhandle of Florida is monotonous and Trooper infested, as a matter of fact I-10 from Pensacola to New Orleans is tropper infested.

Deep Throat

The first little league game that fell after school was out, it just seemed more fun than the few that were played in early June. Also going to the feast in August was bittersweet because I loved it but you knew that school was right around the corner back in the day when we went back on the day after Labor day.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby Ziner » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:25 am

I hate music questions

Better than unassisted suicide, right? No problem with it, if I ever get a disease that destroys my body I dont want anyone telling me I have to endure it.

Fuckin' Nebraska. God damn is that a long state. At least you can attempt to get out quicker with it's 75 MPH limit

Something by Sandler, Mr. Deeds or Little Nicky

Saturday morning baseball games at Scott Park in Toledo
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

The Jesus Lizard

does the original lineup for The Smashin Pumpkins count?

Agree, as stated above, quality of life
Indiana is the most boring, Ga if just for the Atlanta area and their traffic, Pa cause it seems theire's a cherry top every mile.

The Bad News Bears go to Japan. Ruined the summer of 78

Every summer from 3rd grade -6th was about the same. Morning playing baseball/basketball/football til the pool opened up at noon. Swam til dinner than went out for the evening to play more ball. Days were sometimes interrupted w/ bike rides to various stores to pick up baseball cards, candy and comic books. Ride over to the Comic book store at Pearl and Ridge and check out the latest X-Men and look through their collection of movie posters and decide which ones we wanted to buy. Treks through the woods to catch minnows to go fishing. Playing putt putt and trying our hands at the driving range. Little league games at State Road Park and Forestwood.

Shame that my boys won't/can't have that much freedom
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:30 pm

The Black Crowes. Haven't heard much from them in a long time.

For it. Whenever I see people with a horrible quality of life, I tell Jennifer "If I get like that, just shoot me."

West Virginia sucks. Not a state, but Ontario rush hour traffic outside Toronto is brutal.

21, not a good movie at all.

5. Since the School's Out thread is getting moderate love, what's the best summer memories from one your grade school summers

The same as most everyone else. Being outside all day long without a real care in the world.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:06 pm

skatingtripods wrote:1. Best band of the 90s no longer releasing albums, doing big shows, or maybe not even together anymore?

1) Acid Bath.

2) People should have the right to die if they want. No one should be forced to live in unending pain.

3) Jersey.

4) I Am Legion.

5) watergun/ballon fights. camp outs, and being free from school.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:34 pm

Men at work :lmfao:

Yes... its not about quality of life tho that enters the picture...its about bleeding insurance companies and drug profits

First thought that came to mind was Jersey. CDT final;ly got sumpthin right]Close 2nd is Virginia....there's a reason they give $1800.00 tickets for hogging the left lane. DC is indeed horrific but Beantown is even worse.

Good Morning Vietnam. The single most disgusting bullshit movie I ever saw and I have hated, fuking hated that fucking sissy Robin Williams, and Forrest Whitaker, ever since. If anyomne wants an unopened copy I received as a gift let me know. I'll pay the postage

Cruising on bikes and lifting 6 packs of pop out of bottle trucks. Stealing models, paint, and glue and climbing onto the roof of a supermarket to put them together and hang out. Then, shinny down a pole and steal a watermellon
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:50 pm

Enemy At The Gates, was another movie that was really disappointing. The book was fantastic, as was War Of The Rats.

I cannot buy Jude effin Law as a gritty Soviet sniper in a brutal war. Kinda like Collin Farrel being Alexander the Great.......
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:15 pm

CDT I think I know why you were disappointed with the movie I Am Legion.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:25 pm

Because Will Smith is a terrible actor.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:28 pm

B/C when you got there I Am Legend was showing and you realized just how much pot you smoked that day.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:35 pm

Ummmmm...... ok.

I have no idea.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:42 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Ummmmm...... ok.

I have no idea.

Your post initially said 'I Am Legion' not 'I Am Legend'
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Yeah that's right CDT peeker just called you a dumb shit, at least I was beating around the bush.
Last edited by FUDU on Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Whatever. Legion sucked too.

And they were both comics, so I blurred the line between two suckfests.

Sue me.

God help either of you two dolts, because one slip up and imma go so overboard with my criticism it'll be scary.

I put you on notice.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 6:03 pm

I'll be expecting more than the usual "I'm rubber you're glue" response.

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:16 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Whatever. Legion sucked too.

And they were both comics, so I blurred the line between two suckfests.

Sue me.

God help either of you two dolts, because one slip up and imma go so overboard with my criticism it'll be scary.

I put you on notice.

I was explaining, not criticizing.

Ogre.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:25 pm

I am legend was a book not a comic. Are you ever right about anything?
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I am legend was a book not a comic. Are you ever right about anything?

Well he did call you a fucko.

FUDU

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:43 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I am legend was a book not a comic. Are you ever right about anything?

Meh.

I could've sworn it was a comic, but hey we all swing and miss from time to time.

But you're still a shit tickler.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Squints » Sat Jun 04, 2011 9:42 pm

skatingtripods wrote:1. Best band of the 90s no longer releasing albums, doing big shows, or maybe not even together anymore?

1. What's Positive K been up to these days???

2. Yes, especially if the patient's of sound mind or it's written in a power of attorney.

3. Nebraska. Straight and flat.

4. Friday Night Lights. Shouldn't of read the book first.

5. Road trips with the family. Little league baseball and playing baseball in the front yard til odd hours of the night with my friends and the Tribe game blarring in the background.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Return to No Holds Barred