Text Size

College Sports Arena

Klein's father suing SI?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:33 pm

Saw an article on scout that quoted Storm Klein's dad as saying that he is meeting with attorneys to sue SI and the NCAA for defamation of character.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/2/1076671.html

John Simon and his father are rumored to be filing a similar suit.

It will be interesting to see if anything comes of this. It would definitely be a difficult case to win, but I am not sure that winning is the point. I think the point is attacking irresponsible journalism. I would like to see more of these lawsuits, not just from OSU but in general, reporters have gotten lazy and so eager to run a story that they don't even do the rudimentary fact checking before running to the press.

Here is the rundown on the Pryor car thing:

His car was purchased for 18.4K, he got 7K in trade for his charger, and his mom is paying the 11K. So it seems on the level, he had insurance the whole time and it sounds like his license should have never been suspended. So that big shit storm earlier this week ended up being about Pryor driving his new car to a practice and rolling through a red light while making a right turn on his way to practice.

That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:59 pm

You know I really hate the whole "why do people pick on us" thing, but can anyone take a trip down memory lane and look at the 03-04 shitstorm, and this one, and explain the media handling of the Reggie bush and USC scandal? I really don't get it. That story didn't even exist outside of yahoo until they were punished.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 pm

I agree, where were the hordes of pulitzer prize winning journalists investigating Cam Newton (for that week) last year?

OSU has become the NYY of the NCAA because there are alot of shmuck fans with big mouths, a boring head coach that was anything but a media darling and a massive national following so it is easy ratings.

Newton could have been a great story, but how many people really care about Auburn? USC yes, Auburn No. USC's status makes the lack of coverage on Reggie Bush even that much more inexplicable.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:21 pm

JCoz wrote:You know I really hate the whole "why do people pick on us" thing, but can anyone take a trip down memory lane and look at the 03-04 shitstorm, and this one, and explain the media handling of the Reggie bush and USC scandal? I really don't get it. That story didn't even exist outside of yahoo until they were punished.


The clouds in your memory are colored red and grey

...and no, the suit will go nowhere as it is all about attempting to save face
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:24 pm

Image
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby furls » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:25 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
JCoz wrote:You know I really hate the whole "why do people pick on us" thing, but can anyone take a trip down memory lane and look at the 03-04 shitstorm, and this one, and explain the media handling of the Reggie bush and USC scandal? I really don't get it. That story didn't even exist outside of yahoo until they were punished.


The clouds in your memory are colored red and grey

...and no, the suit will go nowhere as it is all about attempting to save face



of course it is about saving face. All defamation of character suits are.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:33 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
JCoz wrote:You know I really hate the whole "why do people pick on us" thing, but can anyone take a trip down memory lane and look at the 03-04 shitstorm, and this one, and explain the media handling of the Reggie bush and USC scandal? I really don't get it. That story didn't even exist outside of yahoo until they were punished.


The clouds in your memory are colored red and grey

...and no, the suit will go nowhere as it is all about attempting to save face


I'm certainly not trying to sell you on anything, but you are incorrect if you remember anything other than the four letter absolutely burying that story for almost 2 years.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:42 pm

furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.

Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm

peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.

Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


Christ Peek, curse you for making me post something that could be construed as defense of Pryor.

That said, if that car is legit then not one godamn word in your post makes any sense at all.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:53 pm

I think Peeks is trying to say, just avoid too much attention anyway you can, now a days, especially if you're a TP.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:58 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.

Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


Christ Peek, curse you for making me post something that could be construed as defense of Pryor.

That said, if that car is legit then not one godamn word in your post makes any sense at all.


::doh::

You're right. It was fine. Seriously, I forgot where I was and all for a minute.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.

Just please, tell me the answer to my question. Also:

Do you swear in the middle of church?

If not, why?

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?

Humor me jcoz.

Just an answer and why or why not.

Thanks
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm

What Peek is saying is "take a bus, fuckface!".
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:11 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:What Peek is saying is "take a bus, fuckface!".



Some folks would apparently be okay serving shark steaks at a USS Indianapolis reunion.

I mean, it's legal and all.

But it just might not be the smartest move or the most sensitive display.

Know what I'm saying?

Anyone?

Anyone?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:17 pm

peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.
[url][/url]
Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


Christ Peek, curse you for making me post something that could be construed as defense of Pryor.

That said, if that car is legit then not one godamn word in your post makes any sense at all.


::doh::

You're right. It was fine. Seriously, I forgot where I was and all for a minute.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.

Just please, tell me the answer to my question. Also:

Do you swear in the middle of church?

If not, why?

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?

Humor me jcoz.

Just an answer and why or why not.

Thanks


If the car is legit then it's legit, that's all a kid is going to think about, particularly one as self centered and entitled as Pryor appears to be.

Makes him just about as unaware as we thought he was 6 months ago, and just as much as 90+% of athletes we see tweeting every other day.

You treating it like it was the epic fail of all fails is simply tunnel vision for your anger towards the dude. Look, I don't particularly care for the dude, but don't sit hear and lecturel me with some bullshit like that. Fuck off.

As if it was any less fucking stupid than haynesworth talking aboutt being a slave while getting paid 100 mil, or bush making idiotic comments about putting his body at risk for nothing while getting paid millions in a monstrous recession, or Mendenhall defending bin laden and calling 911 a hoax? Or K2 going off about being a soldier while we're at war...you know, the real kind?

But Tpeezy is the idiot of all idiots for showing up in a legit car because it has temp tags on it?

'the fuck planet do YOU live on?
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:18 pm

If he showed up on a bus or bike, people would still complain about it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 pm

Cdt are you going to comment on my art work or what?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:26 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.
[url][/url]
Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


Christ Peek, curse you for making me post something that could be construed as defense of Pryor.

That said, if that car is legit then not one godamn word in your post makes any sense at all.


::doh::

You're right. It was fine. Seriously, I forgot where I was and all for a minute.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.

Just please, tell me the answer to my question. Also:

Do you swear in the middle of church?

If not, why?

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?

Humor me jcoz.

Just an answer and why or why not.

Thanks


If the car is legit then it's legit, that's all a kid is going to think about, particularly one as self centered and entitled as Pryor appears to be.

Makes him just about as unaware as we thought he was 6 months ago, and just as much as 90+% of athletes we see tweeting every other day.

You treating it like it was the epic fail of all fails is simply tunnel vision for your anger towards the dude. Look, I don't particularly care for the dude, but don't sit hear and lecturel me with some bullshit like that. Fuck off.

As if it was any less fucking stupid than haynesworth talking aboutt being a slave while getting paid 100 mil, or bush making idiotic comments about putting his body at risk for nothing while getting paid millions in a monstrous recession, or Mendenhall defending bin laden and calling 911 a hoax? Or K2 going off about being a soldier while we're at war...you know, the real kind?

But Tpeezy is the idiot of all idiots for showing up in a legit car because it has temp tags on it?

'the fuck planet do YOU live on?


Dude- seriously, go fuck yourself.

Any other school in the world where this happens other than the team you root for and you're all over the fucking moron QB who shows up at the team meeting on the day the coach resigned due to players driving discounted cars amongst things.

Not here, not this school, not with you. You wonder why people laugh their balls off at the smug little bitch of a school getting its ass spanked?

You. And those like you.

Don't want to be talked down to? Then don't be as big a fucking idiot as the guy driving the Z.

How about we just take the medicine and move along knowing the quarterback is a dumbass and the coach was crooked. We'll agree to disagree about the level of the QBs stupidity and the degree of crooked that coach was because that's really what matters now that we're looking at 3 years of hell handed down by the governing body that was made to look like a giant collection of douchebags by the school.

O-H
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm

FUDU wrote:Cdt are you going to comment on my art work or what?


I don't even know what the hell that is.

A man jumping over a cliff with chicken pox?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:45 pm

peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
furls wrote:That is why you should wait for facts, particularly right now, when journalists print the first thing that comes to their mind as fact.


You asked for the Cars stuff to play out so I shall. I will say this:

Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.
[url][/url]
Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


Christ Peek, curse you for making me post something that could be construed as defense of Pryor.

That said, if that car is legit then not one godamn word in your post makes any sense at all.


::doh::

You're right. It was fine. Seriously, I forgot where I was and all for a minute.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.

Just please, tell me the answer to my question. Also:

Do you swear in the middle of church?

If not, why?

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?

Humor me jcoz.

Just an answer and why or why not.

Thanks


If the car is legit then it's legit, that's all a kid is going to think about, particularly one as self centered and entitled as Pryor appears to be.

Makes him just about as unaware as we thought he was 6 months ago, and just as much as 90+% of athletes we see tweeting every other day.

You treating it like it was the epic fail of all fails is simply tunnel vision for your anger towards the dude. Look, I don't particularly care for the dude, but don't sit hear and lecturel me with some bullshit like that. Fuck off.

As if it was any less fucking stupid than haynesworth talking aboutt being a slave while getting paid 100 mil, or bush making idiotic comments about putting his body at risk for nothing while getting paid millions in a monstrous recession, or Mendenhall defending bin laden and calling 911 a hoax? Or K2 going off about being a soldier while we're at war...you know, the real kind?

But Tpeezy is the idiot of all idiots for showing up in a legit car because it has temp tags on it?

'the fuck planet do YOU live on?


Dude- seriously, go fuck yourself.

Any other school in the world where this happens other than the team you root for and you're all over the fucking moron QB who shows up at the team meeting on the day the coach resigned due to players driving discounted cars amongst things.

Not here, not this school, not with you. You wonder why people laugh their balls off at the smug little bitch of a school getting its ass spanked?

You. And those like you.

Don't want to be talked down to? Then don't be as big a fucking idiot as the guy driving the Z.


Please, if you weren't so completely off base with that bullshit you might have hurt my feelings. The simple fact is that socially unaware, arrogant, entitled athletes are COMMON.

The fact that your a twitter shill only exaggerates how intentionally dense your acting in your responses.

And being that that's all I'm pointing out and your response is that I'm the loud mouthed supershill that gives your favorite school a bad name just makes you look like an idiot. I love to laugh at the stupid shit athletes say and do with things like twitter, see the thread I made a month ago on bushes tweets.

What you won't find is me calling bush the biggest moron piece of shit ever to walk the earth, and you won't find me blindly defending any and all that wear the scarlet and grey to the death either. Get over yourself, get some sleep or something. That last post was ridiculous and unwarranted.

Peace.
Last edited by JCoz on Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:49 pm

Oh everybody is angry again.

Both you sound like assholes!

Hey alittle fuckin levity.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 pm

JCoz wrote:Please, if you weren't so completely off base with that bullshit you might have hurt my feelings. The simple fact is that socially unaware, arrogant, entitled athletes are COMMON.

The fact that your a twitter shill only exaggerates how intentionally dense your acting in your responses.

And being that that's all I'm pointing out and your response is that I'm the loud mouthed supershill that gives your favorite school a bad just makes you look like an idiot. I love to laugh at the stupid shit athletes say and do with things like twitter, see the thread I made a month ago on bushes tweets.

What you won't find is me calling bush the biggest moron piece of shit ever to walk the earth, and you won't find me blindly defending any and all that wear the scarlet and grey to the death either. Get over yourself, get some sleep or something. That last post was ridiculous and unwarranted.

Peace.


What are you talking about man? What is a twitter shill how am I, a guy who doesn't follow tpeezy2 or pretty much anyone other than people here, mainstream writers and about three athletes one?

You can tell me to fuck off without reciprocation? You can pick and choose the idiots from the entitled based on what helmet they wear? Because whether you want to deal with it or claim some half-assed form of objectivity that's how it comes off.

You can go back and look at it and see where I thought Terrelle Pryor was an asshole before he got here by the way he caried himself and the ridiculous delays and press conferences he had so more people could live and die on every word.

The jails are full of 18-yr old 'kids'. I don't subscribe to the tenant that they're just kids. Plenty of 18 yr old assholes recognize they're assholes and change. Many grow up to be lifelong assholes.

You say what you want about me and my views on Terrelle Pryor. But one thing you should note and say is I've been really consistent on my views of that guy. He's an asshole and until he or someone close to him show him that he'll always be one. Far as I can tell no other Buckeyes showed up Monday with a new sleeve of tattoos they were showing off or in a car with dealer tags.

They're is entitled like many of them are and their is beyond entitled. Pryor is way beyond entitled.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:03 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh everybody is angry again.

Both you sound like assholes!

Hey alittle fuckin levity.


I'm not angry. More stunned than anything else.

Seriously, stunned I tell ya.

Furls said he was biased. I get that. But I don't get or believe that anyone not biased could objectively not understand why the entire country is reveling in this. And I refuse to believe if it was Denard Robinson who pulled the same shit that it wouldn't be a completely different view point all together.

It'd be, "What a dumb motherfucker" and/or "What a complete asshole/douchebag/etc" all day long.

But to show I'm not angry I will now go with the best emoticon available: :tfh:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:08 pm

I'm gonna play your stupid game, asshole. See how you like 500mph of truth.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?


What you, as Fashionista allasudden? HUH?@!

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.


Hell i don't let a minor hang up like "is it legal" stop me.

Do you swear in the middle of church?


Fuckin A, dickcheese. ain't no bible rules be sayin swearin aint right by the G-Man. Fuck.

If not, why?


Shut up.

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?


Kids should have no restraints put on their childhood expression. it's important for them to have an opinion. (but when I did it I got smacked with a yardstick)

Humor me jcoz


That is not a question.

Just an answer and why or why not.


I prefer "why not".

Thanks


Oh you're welcome.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh everybody is angry again.

Both you sound like assholes!

Hey alittle fuckin levity.


I'm not angry. More stunned than anything else.

Seriously, stunned I tell ya.

Furls said he was biased. I get that. But I don't get or believe that anyone not biased could objectively not understand why the entire country is reveling in this. And I refuse to believe if it was Denard Robinson who pulled the same shit that it wouldn't be a completely different view point all together.

It'd be, "What a dumb motherfucker" and/or "What a complete asshole/douchebag/etc" all day long.

But to show I'm not angry I will now go with the best emoticon available: :tfh:



I'm sorry, i'm still trying to decipher DU's cave drawing.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:24 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I'm gonna play your stupid game, asshole. See how you like 500mph of truth.

Question- Do wear shorts and a t-shirt to a wedding or a wake?


What you, as Fashionista allasudden? HUH?@!

If you answer is no can you just tell me why since it's not illegal.


Hell i don't let a minor hang up like "is it legal" stop me.

Do you swear in the middle of church?


Fuckin A, dickcheese. ain't no bible rules be sayin swearin aint right by the G-Man. Fuck.

If not, why?


Shut up.

Do you (or would you) let your kids talk back to their grandparents?


Kids should have no restraints put on their childhood expression. it's important for them to have an opinion. (but when I did it I got smacked with a yardstick)

Humor me jcoz


That is not a question.

Just an answer and why or why not.


I prefer "why not".

Thanks


Oh you're welcome.


I personally thought the question about serving shark steaks to the USS Indianapolis survivors was worthy of a response. But now I'm not sure I termed it as a question.

Dammit.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:29 pm

Oh it says "Conclusions". I thought that was fuckin sanskrit or some shit.

Haha I get it.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:52 pm

And say what you will about Pryor off the field, on it he has some serious cred.

What is he, 31-5? One missed tackle from 3-0 in BCS Bowls, vs the Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC? He made some forehead slapping mistakes, I won't deny that, but the dude won some big games.

People hate him and I get that, but it wasn't all bad.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:And say what you will about Pryor off the field, on it he has some serious cred.

What is he, 31-5? One missed tackle from 3-0 in BCS Bowls, vs the Big 12, Pac 10, and SEC? He made some forehead slapping mistakes, I won't deny that, but the dude won some big games.

People hate him and I get that, but it wasn't all bad.


Excellent college QB. No denying that.

But a bigger douchebag than Braylon by far IMO. And Braylon didn't morph from douchebag to respectability when he turned 21. Didn't help Ryan leaf or Lawrence Phillips or....
Well, you get the idea. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:01 am

I would have thought that CDT was way too drunk and/or high to successfully accomplish the amount of editing necessary for that post.

Color me impressed
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:06 am

It's a thursday, holmes. I'm not an alcoholic.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:07 am

I clearly said "or high"
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:10 am

or that.

I do not get stoned that often.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby gotribe31 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:17 am

peeker643 wrote: O-H


I-O
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
User avatar
gotribe31
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:38 pm
Location: Fairfax, VA
Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:30 am

peeker643 wrote:What are you talking about man? What is a twitter shill how am I, a guy who doesn't follow tpeezy2 or pretty much anyone other than people here, mainstream writers and about three athletes one?

You can tell me to fuck off without reciprocation? You can pick and choose the idiots from the entitled based on what helmet they wear? Because whether you want to deal with it or claim some half-assed form of objectivity that's how it comes off.

You can go back and look at it and see where I thought Terrelle Pryor was an asshole before he got here by the way he caried himself and the ridiculous delays and press conferences he had so more people could live and die on every word.

The jails are full of 18-yr old 'kids'. I don't subscribe to the tenant that they're just kids. Plenty of 18 yr old assholes recognize they're assholes and change. Many grow up to be lifelong assholes.

You say what you want about me and my views on Terrelle Pryor. But one thing you should note and say is I've been really consistent on my views of that guy. He's an asshole and until he or someone close to him show him that he'll always be one. Far as I can tell no other Buckeyes showed up Monday with a new sleeve of tattoos they were showing off or in a car with dealer tags.

They're is entitled like many of them are and their is beyond entitled. Pryor is way beyond entitled.


I'll take one more stab at laying out what I'm talking about. Here is what you posted about Pryor driving an allegedly legit, newly acquired 4 year old car with 80K miles and dealer tags on it to practice when people were accusing him of driving 8-9 dealer loaner cars during his time in C-bus.

peeker643 wrote:Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.

Seriously?

Ride in one of the other illicit rides that don't have dealer tags on it. Take a bus. Catch a cab, ride a bike, get a lift.

Just don't be that goddamn dumb.

Christ on a cracker what a fucking idiot.


So, what exactly would you have said then if he drove a dealer loaner to practice that day? That he was even dumber/selfish/arrogant/entitled than the dumbest/most selfish/most arrogant/most entitled moron that ever lived?

More dumb/selfish/arrogant/entitled than Mo C reporting 50k in stolen property on an insurance claim?

More dumb/selfish/arrogant/entitled than K2 raving about being a soldier while US troops are losing life and limb overseas, probably at that moment?

More dumb/selfish/arrogant/entitled than Big Ben in any college bar?

More dumb/selfish/arrogant/entitled than texting your girlfriend "time to die bitch"?

I'm getting tired so I'll stop, but this is my point, that you pretending that this is the error of all errors sounds completely and totally ridiculous by any objective measure. As are you're examples of extremely poor yet "legal" choices. BTW, showing up with a dealer loaner is "legal" also, and it would have been 100x as dumb/selfish/arrogant/entitled as showing up in a legit car, dealer tags or no.

Yes you have been consistent in talking about Pryor, how you think that helps your point is beyond me. I know you've always disliked Pryor. If you think I've always defended him, why dont you do a quick search and remind yourself of what a shameless fucking homer I am, who would never say a bad thing about a buckeye. I will tell you without question that historically I'm no defender of Pryor.

Which brings me to your point about this being a question of uniform color or helmet decal:

peeker643 wrote:Any other school in the world where this happens other than the team you root for and you're all over the fucking moron QB who shows up at the team meeting on the day the coach resigned due to players driving discounted cars amongst things.


Well Peek, there have to be about 100 insanely idiotic episodes starring athletes not wearing my colors since I've joined this board, I'd invite you to find any instances of me sounding like you did in this thread. That one is just flat out wrong, simple as that.

I work in a company where we have at least 40 PSU grads working, and numerous other SEC/B10 grads as well. They know I'm an OSU fan, and we regularly talk college sports. Not a single one has sent so much as a snarky email on this. So if I'm the reason people laugh their balls off at OSU getting smacked, someone ought to tell those guys they are missing their big chance.

You don't know me chief.
Last edited by JCoz on Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby JCoz » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:39 am

Of course, opinions do change sometimes I guess, while trying to find out if I commented on the Pryor Comments about Vick I found this guys opinion:

http://theclevelandfan.com/boards/index.php?f=4&t=15212&p=295971&hilit=vick%20pryor&rb_v=viewtopic#p295971


peeker643 wrote:Glad none of us never said or did anything stupid as a naive 19 yr old who's not polished enough to express himself correctly.

Either way, if he rushes for 100+ and a TD and throws for 200+ and 2 TDs he can declare his love and devotion for the Bind/Torture/Kill freak for all I care. I'm not interested in Pryor's social causes or what happens to him after OSU (unless he's drafted by the Browns).

It's all about Saturdays in the fall AFAIC.


We have traveled a long road to get here I suppose:

peeker643 wrote:Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Get over yourself please. Christ. You're like a whiny child.

I'll claim a moment of weakness or moment of stupidity on my part for listening to a bunch of OSU honks telling me to give the kid a break. That he was only 19.

I should have went with my own instincts instead of listening to people who still think it was fine showing up in the fucking car with dealer tags with that going on.

The fact you can't grasp hyperbole or the fact that what he did was braindead is on you.

"It was nothing major, everyone's doing it, this isn't fair, the car was legal...." what else am i missing?

You just can't get it through that head that you're why he's entitled. "He's no worse than Mo C or KWII or Big Ben" (another guy whose 21st didn't change him from asshole to adorable overnight).

Great.

Hurrah for Terrelle Pryor.

You're a cartoon character dude.

"You don't know me Chief"? Really? Bwah.. :lmfao:

Who are you, Dwight Schrute?

BTW, as you appear to have an issue with this stuff, I don't really and literally mean you're a cartoon character, a whining child or Dwight Schrute. Just as I don't have any empirical evidence that Pryor is dumber/more entitled/more arrogant than those beacons of professionalism and maturity you named (and who, again, never quite matured from 'just a young kid/asshole' to responsible adult.

"You don't know me chief". Ahh...shit...that's tremendous. It'd be sig line material if I wasn't so lazy.





JCoz wrote:Of course, opinions do change sometimes I guess, while trying to find out if I commented on the Pryor Comments about Vick I found this guys opinion:

http://theclevelandfan.com/boards/index.php?f=4&t=15212&p=295971&hilit=vick%20pryor&rb_v=viewtopic#p295971


peeker643 wrote:Glad none of us never said or did anything stupid as a naive 19 yr old who's not polished enough to express himself correctly.

Either way, if he rushes for 100+ and a TD and throws for 200+ and 2 TDs he can declare his love and devotion for the Bind/Torture/Kill freak for all I care. I'm not interested in Pryor's social causes or what happens to him after OSU (unless he's drafted by the Browns).

It's all about Saturdays in the fall AFAIC.


We have traveled a long road to get here I suppose:

peeker643 wrote:Pryor is either the dumbest or most selfish/arrogant/entitled motherfucker in the history of dumb/arrogant/entitled motherfuckers to show up at that meeting in that car with those tags.

Spare me please the 'He's a kid driving a car' crap anyone who cares to throw that out there.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby danwismar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:29 pm

What was this thread about again? Oh, yeah....OSU players pissed off about being falsely accused by Sports Illustrated's George Dohrmann, and possibly taking legal action over it.

Add to the list Johnny Simon and his dad, who responded as follows to the charge that he participated in the tats for merchandise program in Columbus: (via Bill Greene at Scout)

---

The Ohio State football program was the subject of an article this week in Sports Illustrated raising new allegations of wrong-doing by Buckeye players. Nine new names were listed in addition to the five players already suspended by the NCAA for receiving improper benefits.

Thursday evening, Jason Klein, father of Buckeye linebacker Storm Klein, issued a strong denial that his son participated in any wrong-doing, and announced he is pursuing legal action against Sports Illustrated for the article written by George Dohrmann.

Friday morning, John Simon Sr. issued a statement proclaiming the innocence of his son, Johnny, once again calling into question the accuracy of Dohrmann's piece.

"Please understand the only reason you are hearing from family members of Ohio State players is because the players are forbidden from speaking out on their own behalf," the elder Simon stated. "I would much rather be just a dad behind the scenes supporting our Buckeyes."

"The only thing the Sports Illustrated article got right about Johnny was the spelling of his name," he continued. "Other than that, NOTHING was accurate. He has NEVER been to that tattoo parlor. He has NEVER sold or traded any of his memorabilia. I have ALL the awards he has earned, including rings, jerseys, and anything else in question. In fact, I have everything he has been awarded since the days he played t-ball as a youngster."

"He has never taken drugs, nor ever failed any type of drug test," he continued. "He does have a few tattoos, but they were received from a local shop in Hubbard (OH). As far as what we are going to do going forward, we are certainly working on that. In the short term, we are looking to clear his name and let him do what he loves to do: Play Buckeye Football. I want to thank everyone for all the fantastic support we have received in the past few days."

The younger Simon will be a junior defensive tackle for Ohio State in 2011, and has been a strong performer since breaking into the defensive line rotation as a freshman, and was a starter as a sophomore last season.

Scout.com will continue to track the Ohio State situation, and will update as circumstances warrant.


------

Here's Johnny and his parents. Johnny goes 6'3", 290. I'm not even going to guess at dad's stats....just guessing George Dohrmann doesn't want to fuck with him.

Image
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar
 
Posts: 2553
Joined: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:05 pm

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:32 pm

Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how someone who gets cited for driving without proof of insurance as all of this shit was going bonkers in February never thought to prove he had insurance and instead just kept driving.

I mean, you may have made the same mistake Furls but that boggles my mind. And I live as carefree and not giving a fuck as just about anyone can.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:53 pm

e0y2e3 wrote: And I live as carefree and not giving a fuck as just about anyone can.



Yeah. I bet.

You must be just a bundle of fun.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:56 pm

God owes John Sr. 1 neck.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:57 pm

Holy shit, Dad's neck is bigger than CDTs thigh.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:07 pm

I can't really say because i've never measured my thigh.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Tell ya what, it's certainly not because he's the dumbest, most entitled, most arrogant athlete ever Chief. Not even the worst driver if ya recall Big en and KWII.

You don't know him.



e0y2e3 wrote:Hey, I'm still trying to figure out how someone who gets cited for driving without proof of insurance as all of this shit was going bonkers in February never thought to prove he had insurance and instead just kept driving.

I mean, you may have made the same mistake Furls but that boggles my mind. And I live as carefree and not giving a fuck as just about anyone can.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22769
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:21 pm

lol. Peek, your raging hard on for TP hate is damn good theater. :thumb up:
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:26 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Simon nowhere near 290 at the time he signed that LoI? Like at least 20+ pounds off? He is much bigger now than in HS, IIRC.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:32 pm

You sayin' roids, dawg?
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:39 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:God owes John Sr. 1 neck.


Looks like he may actually have 3 necks fused together into one.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby furls » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:43 pm

People said Simon was 290ish when he signed, but I think he was actually 265ish. He have been hovering in the 270's or so since he has been at OSU.

He was also rumored to have done mid 40ish reps at 225 in HS, but I am not sure I am buying that either. There is no question that he is strong as a motherf'er, but I am not sure that he was as strong coming out of HS as the strongest players at the combine.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
User avatar
furls
Buckeye Insider
 
Posts: 6442
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:54 pm

Some folks would apparently be okay serving shark steaks at a USS Indianapolis reunion.

This is one of the greatest fucking lines I have ever read. I shall never forget it.

Add that to FUDU's pic of himself :bag: diving headfirst into the Canyon of Denial and this is shaping up to be an awesome thread

BTW, Hannibal Lechter thinks the saving face part is great stuff, too
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Klein's father suing SI?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:57 pm

furls wrote:People said Simon was 290ish when he signed, but I think he was actually 265ish. He have been hovering in the 270's or so since he has been at OSU.

He was also rumored to have done mid 40ish reps at 225 in HS, but I am not sure I am buying that either. There is no question that he is strong as a motherf'er, but I am not sure that he was as strong coming out of HS as the strongest players at the combine.


That's what I thought.

I mean I never heard anyone I knew connected to the Mooney program pretend like he was 290.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Next

Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 1 guest