Text Size

College Sports Arena

Dispatch: NCAA Penalties Could Be Severe

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: Dispatch: NCAA Penalties Could Be Severe

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat May 28, 2011 1:29 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Uhhhhh..... Smokin hot babes (drive down High St. right now and it's gonna be short skirt and bra-less shirt heaven) and a National football power that has a track record of pumping players out in the NFL?

If a recruit picks a school based on the weather, he's a moron.

Just wait five minutes and a snowstorm will dash that look. And are you really trying to compare Southern California women to central Ohio women? Did that just happen? You may know less about women than you do about pizza.

And Peeker already said it best; tOSU already had a hell of a time competing with the Miami's, Texas', and USC's of the world WITH scholarships. What do you think's gonna happen when all the free money is gone? No one's gonna come pay to play football at tOSU.

lol.

WTF are you babbling about?

You're right. OSU just cannot recruit because of the bad weather and lack of free money and hot chicks, it's obvious.... it's over.

Thank you, without your rambling nonsense I never would've had a clue.

Edit; Some of that was too harsh and mean. No need to be that big of an asshole. My bad
Last edited by Cerebral_DownTime on Sat May 28, 2011 2:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby fundamentals » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:09 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Urban Meyer isn't ever going to coach at OSU. Not ever.

I don't give a shit what the NCAA has to say when it comes to punishment since they don't have any credibility. What ever they decide they can shove it right up their asses. Just right up there.

CDT, you still think Meyer is out of the equation?
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador

Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Unread postby rebelwithoutaclue » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:43 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Uhhhhh..... Smokin hot babes (drive down High St. right now and it's gonna be short skirt and bra-less shirt heaven) and a National football power that has a track record of pumping players out in the NFL?

Just wait five minutes and a snowstorm will dash that look. And are you really trying to compare Southern California women to central Ohio women? Did that just happen? You may know less about women than you do about pizza.

And Peeker already said it best; tOSU already had a hell of a time competing with the Miami's, Texas', and USC's of the world WITH scholarships. What do you think's gonna happen when all the free money is gone? No one's gonna come pay to play football at tOSU.

lol.

You're right. OSU just cannot recruit because of the bad weather and lack of free money and hot chicks, it's obvious.... it's over.

Edit; Some of that was too harsh and mean. No need to be that big of an asshole. My bad

Let's see, tOSU is going to lose tons of scholarships, will have a postseason ban, and Ohio still has shitty weather. With those 3 things being in place, is there a single reason (until any postseason bans are lifted) to come to tOSU to play football? Guys came to play for Tressel and a National Championship; both those things are gone, what's left?
Fuck the Browns...
rebelwithoutaclue

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Mike Lombardi

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:15 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Let's see, tOSU is going to lose tons of scholarships, will have a postseason ban, and Ohio still has shitty weather. With those 3 things being in place, is there a single reason (until any postseason bans are lifted) to come to tOSU to play football? Guys came to play for Tressel and a National Championship; both those things are gone, what's left?

Yet players still came to tOSU when Cooper was here. Why? Same reason players go to Notre Dame, Michigan, Penn State, etc. High profile programs, always on tv, most likely playing in a bowl game, possible BCS yearly. It's not like Tressel arrived and the blue chip recruits suddenly followed. Copper was a master recruiter and kids knew that tOSU was a great way to get noticed by the NFL.
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby pup » Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:44 pm

rebelwithoutaclue wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
rebelwithoutaclue wrote:

lol.

70+ players drafted since 1999
17 first round picks since 1999
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:42 pm

fundamentals wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Urban Meyer isn't ever going to coach at OSU. Not ever.

I don't give a shit what the NCAA has to say when it comes to punishment since they don't have any credibility. What ever they decide they can shove it right up their asses. Just right up there.

CDT, you still think Meyer is out of the equation?

Yeah. I just don't see them going for the big name. He's a great coach, but the arrests and they way he left Florida gives me pause. He wins games and has Ohio ties so ALOT of people around here already want him.

It's kinda all moot right now, until we see what Fickell can do. I think he's gonna do great and he'll be the next coach. JMHO.......
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena