Text Size

College Sports Arena

Next Up: TP

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Next Up: TP

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon May 30, 2011 6:32 pm

Significant inquiry by NCAA and OSU under way for Pryor, sources say

Pryor and the cars he drives have been an issue since he arrived on campus three years ago. Pryor has been connected to more than a half dozen vehicles during his time at Ohio State, according to sources.

It all began with the chase after Pryor. I'm having a hard time believing otherwise.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Re: Next Up: TP

Unread postby swerb » Mon May 30, 2011 10:03 pm

He'll never play another game at OSU. You can lock that one up.

Fitting end to the Pryor Era. Good riddance.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:16 pm

swerb wrote:He'll never play another game at OSU. You can lock that one up.

Fitting end to the Pryor Era. Good riddance.

His swag is pure though.

How many can say that?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Tue May 31, 2011 7:56 am

Shows up yesterday driving:

Scumbag.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue May 31, 2011 9:20 am

I may have mentioned an uncle of mine who was a con man and once took a corrupt Treasury Agent for 50 g's....

The difference between him and Tressel is my uncle didn'openly hide behind The Cross

The problem is much bigger than OSU Fan would like to believe,,,imho....esp FUDU : )

This is all the result of the adulation and pontification of sports in general and athletes/coaches in particular

Oh sure, you can throw the NCAA into the mix and the BSChampionship but, everyone is guilty....even Joe Fan

One of Tressel's duties then was to organize and run the Buckeyes' summer camp. Most of the young players who attended it would never play college football, but a few were top prospects whom Ohio State was recruiting. At the end of camp, attendees bought tickets to a raffle with prizes such as cleats and a jersey. According to his fellow assistant, Tressel rigged the raffle so that the elite prospects won -- a potential violation of NCAA rules. Says the former colleague, who asked not to be identified because he still has ties to the Ohio State community, "In the morning he would read the Bible with another coach. Then, in the afternoon, he would go out and cheat kids who had probably saved up money from mowing lawns to buy those raffle tickets. That's Jim Tressel."

This would seem one of the most insignificant items on any list but imo that is what makes it so bad

Not only would he steal a Championship, he'd steal a nickel...

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... z1Nw15AEaq
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 11:43 am

I guess I'll wait for some evidence before joining in the scumbag talk.

maybe you know, maybe you don't, that the issue of loaner cars to Pryor has been examined before and found to be not in violation of any NCAA regs. Maybe there's new information to be revealed, but I haven't seen any, least of all in the linked Dispatch article.

maybe you know, maybe you don't, that the car salesman in question checked in regularly with OSU's compliance office to make sure the deals for players or their parents were within the guidelines of propriety from an NCAA standpoint.

Maybe you can imagine that if a player is on a full ride scholarship with all expenses paid, that his family...even if they are of modest means, might have enough disposable income to purchase a used car for their football player son to use around campus, and that it would make sense to purchase said vehicle locally.

Maybe we'll find out that Pryor is a child molester. I'll wait and see.

Maybe I missed the Mike Adams, Boom Herron, DeVier Posey and Solomon Thomas Scumbag threads. Right now, all Pryor has on those guys is a couple speeding tickets.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby paratiger » Tue May 31, 2011 12:20 pm

by danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 am
"I guess I'll wait for some evidence before joining in the scumbag talk."

Is that so there Dan? Why is that? You didn't need to wait for any more evidence when it concerned Auburn and Cam Newton. You had all you needed from Tigerdroppings.com. Which was really nothing but a bunch of innuendo's and crap that tied absolutely nothing together. Yet you ran with that like God himself had written it. You told me that the SEC fans always scream how "it happens everywhere" but that was BS! I told you then that there was no actual proof that Cam Newton nor Auburn had done anything wrong yet you thunbed your nose at me (in a polite manner) as though I was just a fan. Now all the sudden proof is a necessity...? I suppose it makes a ton of difference when its your team and your player in question.

Go ahead and give me your self-rightous BS now Dan. :tool:

Trust us fellows. The SEC fans are laughing their collective heads off at all this stuff. Especially the new SI article about your beloved "More than a coach" ex. head of state Jim Tressel(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... index.html). Remember this when you go talking trash about the SEC and/or Auburn and all their cheating ways. :fu:

As I've said before, I hope your enjoying the spot-light!
paratiger

Favorite Player: Bo Jackson
Least Favorite Player: N/A

Unread postby pup » Tue May 31, 2011 12:56 pm

danwismar wrote:I guess I'll wait for some evidence before joining in the scumbag talk.

maybe you know, maybe you don't, that the issue of loaner cars to Pryor has been examined before and found to be not in violation of any NCAA regs. Maybe there's new information to be revealed, but I haven't seen any, least of all in the linked Dispatch article.

maybe you know, maybe you don't, that the car salesman in question checked in regularly with OSU's compliance office to make sure the deals for players or their parents were within the guidelines of propriety from an NCAA standpoint.

Maybe you can imagine that if a player is on a full ride scholarship with all expenses paid, that his family...even if they are of modest means, might have enough disposable income to purchase a used car for their football player son to use around campus, and that it would make sense to purchase said vehicle locally.

Maybe we'll find out that Pryor is a child molester. I'll wait and see.

Maybe I missed the Mike Adams, Boom Herron, DeVier Posey and Solomon Thomas Scumbag threads. Right now, all Pryor has on those guys is a couple speeding tickets.

With all due respect Dan. Even if, and as of now we have nothing to say it is not, the car is legit. It takes a set of balls the size New York City to show up YESTERDAY in THAT car. Legit or not. If he had 1% of the compassion for his coach that his coach had for him, he would have caught a cab. Or a ride from a teammate.

It is the same selfish bigger than anyone else mindset that makes so many of us wish for the day we no longer have to cheer for the team, while hating its starting QB. I will take 8-4 with Miller over 11-1 with TP at this point.

Maybe you also missed the Mike Adams, Boom Herron, Devier Posey and Soloman Thomas directed investigations by the NCAA.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue May 31, 2011 12:57 pm

^^^^^^ Holy shit, that came outta left field.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 1:15 pm

paratiger wrote:Re: Next Up: TP
by danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 10:43 am
"I guess I'll wait for some evidence before joining in the scumbag talk."

Is that so there Dan? Why is that? You didn't need to wait for any more evidence when it concerned Auburn and Cam Newton. You had all you needed from Tigerdroppings.com. Which was really nothing but a bunch of innuendo's and crap that tied absolutely nothing together. Yet you ran with that like God himself had written it. You told me that the SEC fans always scream how "it happens everywhere" but that was BS! I told you then that there was no actual proof that Cam Newton nor Auburn had done anything wrong yet you thunbed your nose at me (in a polite manner) as though I was just a fan. Now all the sudden proof is a necessity...? I suppose it makes a ton of difference when its your team and your player in question.

Go ahead and give me your self-rightous BS now Dan. :tool:

Trust us fellows. The SEC fans are laughing their collective heads off at all this stuff. Especially the new SI article about your beloved "More than a coach" ex. head of state Jim Tressel(http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/m ... index.html). Remember this when you go talking trash about the SEC and/or Auburn and all their cheating ways. :fu:

As I've said before, I hope your enjoying the spot-light!

Hey, welcome back, paratiger.

I stand behind every comma of my several articles about Auburn, which, if you read them and can recall, said not a single bad word about Cam Newton, least of all that he was a scumbag or anything of the sort. And I have enjoyed correspondence from many, many Auburn fans who wrote to me to thank me for the original article, drawing attention to the malign influence that Bobby Lowder has had on Auburn athletics over the years...in spite of his family's philanthropy.

The NCAA book is not yet closed on Auburn, just as it is not closed on OSU. I was happy for my correspondents from the state of Alabama when I saw that Lowder has withdrawn from consideration for reappointment to the board. Most people I communicated with wanted him gone...sooner instead of later.

As to evidence, there has been evidence of violations by players and by the coach at OSU, and punishments have been handed down. My statement about waiting for further evidence had to do with posters here bad-mouthing a kid who has broken no law beyond the speed limit...that we know about.

Again, my article was a bill of particulars about Lowder, and the evidence of his corrupt influence of AU athletics is everywhere in the public domain, which I just pointed out. My article was not a hatchet job on Cam Newton, as any fair reading of it will demonstrate. I specifically said that he must have the presumption of innocence like any other citizen.

You say I thumbed my nose at you (politely, of course) as if you were just a fan. I don't see how I did that, but what else was I supposed to think?

---

To demonstrate how the Auburn articles may have been...shall we say...poorly timed...relative to the events at OSU, I will paste below another email I received from an Auburn fan yesterday....one of a few that I have received that are...say, less than courteous. (Most all my emailers from Alabama have been quite pleasant) And please make no connection between this one and our guest and poster paratiger. Paratiger is a good guy who can spell and speak in complete sentences.

This is from another Auburn fan.....

So you wrote this story about how Auburn payed Cam Newton and how they have been playing players for years! Well how does it fill to be a fan of a school who got caught breaking major college rules. Before you go running your big fat buckeye mouth maybe you should make sure your school isn't doing it too. So far Auburn and Cam are all clear and will probably stay that way while Ohio State will be looking for a new coach, there best players on the bench, and NCAA probation. War Eagle!!!! It really sucks when you run your mouth and then get slapped in the face don’t it!!! Maybe you should write Auburn and Cam and tell them you are sorry for writing this stupid story!!"

Not quite finished with that letter yet.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 1:37 pm

pup wrote: Maybe you also missed the Mike Adams, Boom Herron, Devier Posey and Soloman Thomas directed investigations by the NCAA.

It's not so much you, or anyone else here, that I was reacting to, Pup.

It was bound to happen that angry fans looking around for a scapegoat have found an easy target in Pryor. My point was just that his violations were identical to those of the other guys, and they are escaping the blame being heaped on TP.

As an aside, but related to the cars thing.....word is that several people from the OSU compliance department have been let go today...and the assumption is that no one from that department will survive. We have been hearing that Compliance supposedly reviewed and signed off on all or most(?)of the car deals done with the dealership(s) and the salesman in question, approving them as legit with NCAA regs. I might be jumping to some major conclusions here, but wouldn't a finding like that get the individual players or parents of players somewhat off the hook personally?...even if it is found that the deals were, in fact, not legit and "legal" but that Compliance was "winking" at shady deals?

All the more reason then, not to make students the heavies in the play?

Granted, TP's stunt with the car was tasteless and thoughtless and stupid.

danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 2:04 pm

Like I said, I'm going to wait to see the particulars....but...

I guess now might be a good time for me to acknowledge here that several of you guys...most notably Peeker...have speculated that more information was bound to come out about Pryor, and that it would cause additional embarrassment to the university...and it appears that you were right. (I guess the fair question now might be, who caused more embarrassment to the university?....the players...or the university?)

Reliable sources are now saying that Pryor's playing days are done at OSU due to additional allegations of some sort....and so no matter what they might be....you're right.

I have held all along that I would wait until such things came out...not that I didn't fear much the same thing.

Did I mention, Peeker, that you were right?

danwismar

Unread postby paratiger » Tue May 31, 2011 4:12 pm

Love it! Gotta hand it to you Dan you are an exceptionally pleasant guy to argue with....Hehe. Wasn't trying to say that you thought Cam Newton was a scumbag. Actually you and I agreed that Cam was just a pawn in it. I was leaning more to the statement you made concerning the whole "Proof" thing. Which was the basis of our original argument. I felt as though you were prepetuating the situation by posting something that you got, from all places of course, Tigerdroppings.com. Yes the name says it all. You used things from Auburn's past and boosters associated with Auburn to crucify them with their current accusations. I didn't think that was fair considering there was no real proof out there that Auburn had done anything wrong. Then I even gave you reasons why. Feeling that you were just ill informed. You thought it was wrong that Cam was reinstated after evidence proved his father was guilty of "Shopping Him" to another school. Remember thats when I wrote you back again after the "tatoo 5" were reinstated for the bowl game. I'm back now because you required proof of TP doing what he is being accused of other than pictures provided. When no proof was required in the Auburn situation. :spar:
paratiger

Unread postby JCoz » Tue May 31, 2011 4:17 pm

paratiger wrote:

Love it! Gotta hand it to you Dan you are an exceptionally pleasant guy to argue with....Hehe. Wasn't trying to say that you thought Cam Newton was a scumbag. Actually you and I agreed that Cam was just a pawn in it. I was leaning more to the statement you made concerning the whole "Proof" thing. Which was the basis of our original argument. I felt as though you were prepetuating the situation by posting something that you got, from all places of course, Tigerdroppings.com. Yes the name says it all. You used things from Auburn's past and boosters associated with Auburn to crucify them with their current accusations. I didn't think that was fair considering there was no real proof out there that Auburn had done anything wrong. Then I even gave you reasons why. Feeling that you were just ill informed. You thought it was wrong that Cam was reinstated after evidence proved his father was guilty of "Shopping Him" to another school. Remember thats when I wrote you back again after the "tatoo 5" were reinstated for the bowl game. I'm back now because you required proof of TP doing what he is being accused of other than pictures provided. When no proof was required in the Auburn situation. :spar:

Except for the little part about this being a thread about TP, and Dan commenting on peoples opinions OF TP, you might have had a valid point.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 4:24 pm

paratiger wrote:Love it! Gotta hand it to you Dan you are an exceptionally pleasant guy to argue with....Hehe.

You caught me on a good day. I can be a real dick too, as others here will attest.
(I also try to be extra special nice to people in Alabama, so they don't come up here and poison my trees)

danwismar

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:39 pm

by danwismar » Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm
paratiger wrote:
Love it! Gotta hand it to you Dan you are an exceptionally pleasant guy to argue with....Hehe.

You caught me on a good day. I can be a real dick too, as others here will attest.
(I also try to be extra special nice to people in Alabama, so they don't come up here and poison my trees)

LMAO! Yes and I opened the original statement in a dick-headed way so we are even. By the way that was good about the trees. Those bammers can get a bit out of hand. Thats what happens when you beat them in Tuscaloosa and go on to win a NC. They get really testy about it. Hell they actually believe they have 13 NC's so do what you will with them. ;-) ;) :wink:
paratiger

Unread postby paratiger » Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:45 pm

Oh and thanks for not lumping me in with some of the other Fanatic Auburn fans that write to you. Most of us, just like every other fandum in the nation, are good people with educated minds. There will always be the morons no matter who you root for. alabama(and The University of) just has more idiots than the rest of the world....
paratiger

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:34 pm

Pup is right about TP. He showed up in that car. Fuck that guy.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby furls » Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:54 pm

We still don't know the circumstances of the car. He is probably guilty, but I will hold off judgment until someone proves/alleges something with more sources better than bitter benchriders whose 15minutes are up (titus), malcontents (Rose and Small) or felons. I am not going to pile on Pryor like the media piled on OSU until there is a legit reason too. Now that said, Pryor has been meeting with the NCAA and compliance office in the last week, so it may be time for the pig pile soon but not yet.

Now, with all that said, the guy that I am most pissed out of this whole thing is not Pryor, it is Soloman Thomas. Fuck that guy. All he has done is mouth breath on the bench for the last few years and get OSU in trouble. At least Pryor was a 2 time BCS Bowl MVP (should have been 3 if Anderson Russell didn't blow goats). If you are going to mad at someone, be mad at him. He is as guilty as Pryor, Posey, Adams, and Boom, but he hasn't done anything worth a shit for this team (aside from the pick in the Sugar Bowl).
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:33 pm

furls wrote:We still don't know the circumstances of the car.

I couldn't afford that car. He can't even get a job.

It gets better:
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/n ... pryorscars
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Jun 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

I couldn't afford that car.

Really? It's a Nissan. They're junk.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:28 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

I couldn't afford that car.

Really? It's a Nissan. They're junk.

Blue booked the car, it is worth ~16K. Over 5 years that is 295.00 a month. It really isn't that much cash even for a kid on a stipend particularly if he is getting some help from his mom and it is way WAY more affordable when you don't have insurance! ; :pb:

Like I said, I will wait for some facts and try not to trip while rushing to judgment.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby daddywags » Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:48 pm

This is all a result of the millions (billions?) of dollars of money that are gambled on college football games. They can't, or more likely don't want to, control the gamblers so they try to control the players.
daddywags

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:27 pm

daddywags wrote:This is all a result of the millions (billions?) of dollars of money that are gambled on college football games. They can't, or more likely don't want to, control the gamblers so they try to control the players.

I don't agree. It's about antiquated rules regarding compensation for amateurs for sure (and I like Jay Bilas's idea about using the olympic model of athletes finding compensation for their name/face) but it's also about kids like Pryor who have never heard 'no' and have never once felt like such rules applied to them.

You guys can wait on the results of the look at his cars. He's an asshole. And anyone not burdened with a boulder sized hunk of entitlement and selfishness would have gotten a ride to the effing meeting and not shown up in a car with 30-day tags.

So he's an asshole or he's ignorant and selfish. Or he's an ignorant, selfish asshole which is where my money goes.

Common sense, common decency.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby OldDawg » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:00 pm

At some point Fickle can become the man by stepping up and suspending TP indefinitely. He can make the case that TP shows no remorse, no concern, no repentance. Fickle can step up and say "I'm cleaning house," and remove all distractions and move forward. He would actually gain a lot of support for such a move. It risk-free, because no matter how you shake it, TP ain't taking another snap at tOSU. If not by the NCAA, then by tOSU. By beating everyone to the punch, he can come off as the new sheriff in town and gain the respect of many.
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby daddywags » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:14 pm

Peeker, there are ignorant, selfish, assholes in every office building in America and lots and lots of them wear suits, hold very, very important positions and make lots and lots of money. That's not a crime as far as I know, although sometimes I wish it was. Explain to me why a famous college student can't trade an autograph for a tattoo other than for the fact that the NCAA is worried that gamblers will convince him to shave a few points in a game? It's about the gamblers and the gambling money.
daddywags

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:25 pm

daddywags wrote:Peeker, there are ignorant, selfish, assholes in every office building in America and lots and lots of them wear suits, hold very, very important positions and make lots and lots of money. That's not a crime as far as I know, although sometimes I wish it was. Explain to me why a famous college student can't trade an autograph for a tattoo other than for the fact that the NCAA is worried that gamblers will convince him to shave a few points in a game? It's about the gamblers and the gambling money.

Amen to the first part of that wags.

But while gambling may be a part of it it doesn't explain why the gymnasts, swimmers, wrestlers and thousands of others athletes playing dozens of sports that you won't find a line on aren't able to earn a percentage of their jersey or singlet sales.

I know football and basketball drive those economies, but it seems keeping them poor can turn them toward gamblers just as easily.

Way more complex than a post at 1130pm can settle. I see your point and agree that it applies but I think it goes beyond that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:05 am

At some point Fickle can become the man by stepping up and suspending TP indefinitely.

If he had any balls he'd kick him off the team...but winning is more important

Again, what is the cause for kicking him off the team? What has he done that is different than Mike Adams, Posey, Thomas, Whiting and Herron? He isn't late to meetings, he doesn't fail drug tests, he works hard, studies film and in general does his job. He may be an asshole, I don't know, but that is not a suspendable offense.

There may be more stuff, but until it is proven to be true and released there is no reason to suspend him. By the way, temp tags or not, driving your mom's car is not a crime (unless your license is suspended). If you want to be outraged, then be outraged over him being dumb enough to DUS, but being outraged because he pulled up to a meeting a car with temp tags, that his mom bought for 17k is just fucking stupid.
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:08 am

Like I said, I will wait for some facts and try not to trip while rushing to judgment.

JFC....grow the fuck up

This bitch is rubbing your nose in the piles of shit he leaves on your doorstep and all you have to say is.... Thanks!

::doh::

Rubbing my nose in what? again, what is he guilty of that Devier Posey is not? Where is the outrage to throw Boom Herron off the team? JFC.... grow the fuck up.
Fire Marshall Bill

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:13 am

peeker643 wrote: aren't able to earn a percentage of their jersey or singlet sales.

Bullshit Peeker, I'm wearing my Dustin Kilgore singlet right now.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby OldDawg » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:51 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:At some point Fickle can become the man by stepping up and suspending TP indefinitely.

If he had any balls he'd kick him off the team...but winning is more important

The likelihood is that TP won't get to play this year anyways. If Fickle wants the chance to keep this job, he should show he has balls. That would seem to spur confidence that he is a guy who won't let this stuff go on... something TSV didn't do.

The bigger problem is, if he kicks TP off the team... how do you stop there??? Does he clean house and rid the team of all those guys who partook in garb for tats?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:50 am

So does Byron Rolle joining Rose, Small, Titus, etc... finally convince you Furls?

Or is there something he has to gain as well.

I mean when you have guys like Rolle agreeing with the car accusations and guys like Krenzel calling Tressel out as hard as he did the story pretty well speaks for itself.

Although I guess you could join Dan's world where Tressel was still a saint and the NCAA agreed to his two game suspension back in February and was all good and through with their investigation because Gee gave some blowjobs under the table.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:22 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Although I guess you could join Dan's world where Tressel was still a saint and the NCAA agreed to his two game suspension back in February and was all good and through with their investigation because Gee gave some blowjobs under the table.

Can't believe you're still rehashing some idle speculation I engaged in the day after the press conference three months ago, dude. Have you read any of the 6,000 or so words I've written on the subject on the front page since then? Doesn't seem like it.

danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:24 am

No, I have not been able to get all the way through any of them. Find your ability to write on Tressel and Pryor off the field beyond terrible.

Love your game recaps, recuirting stuff, practice stuff, but your schilling is bad. Everytime I've tried to read something it has made my stomach turn.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 am

And FTR: what you posted on that for a good while was the continued evolution of your shilling, starting with WHY SHOULD WE BELIVE WETZEL and then turning to THE NCAA IS OKAY WITH THIS, I KNOW BECAUSE GEE IS TIGHT WITH THEM!!!

Among the worst and most one sided analysis ever posted on this site. Beyond terrible.

Now you just run around posting about players that support Tressel and conveniently ignore players like Krenzel going at him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:43 am

Very surprised at the amount of denial that OSU fans are still in. Bitch about the rules all you want but until we hear otherwise, they're the rules. Tressel's a good guy who screwed up and was removed from a high profile job (and probably received a huge check from the school in the process). It's not like he's going to jail or anything. Are we really going to try to parse numbers on Pryor's shiny new car when he's been photographed driving several different new ones over the past few years? This may be run of the mill shady stuff in big time college football but there was obviously a culture that let too much of it take place (http://genuinelysarcastic.blogspot.com/ ... g-lie.html, I know it's a Michigan blog but that post is just a list of incidents) and the coaches didn't take care of it when they had the chance. The results we're seeing are exactly in line with NCAA precedent in similar scenarios over the past few years. It's very possible that Tressel is taking a bullet for several others. I still think he's way too smart of a guy to think that he could get away with hiding those Cicero emails from compliance. But however it happened, penalties of some sort are well deserved.

You'll pay the price with 1-3 subpar seasons, Meyer/Gruden/Pelini/whoever will right the ship after that, and you'll be back to contention. But the defenders (for lack of a better word) of what happened are a little baffling to me.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 am

Factually, TP driving to practice with no insurance after what just went down should blows my mind. Conceptual insanity to me.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:25 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Factually, TP driving to practice with no insurance after what just went down should blows my mind. Conceptual insanity to me.

^^
Never heard 'no' and doesn't think the rules and regs apply to him. Enablers and pilot fish have ensured it.

And it's clearly not just tpeezy2 and it's not confined to OSU for sure. But that dude is the poster boy right now.

Haven't hit bottom yet either. I feel that's a for sure.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:11 pm

Who the hell is Byron Rolle?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:14 pm

He was also shown rolling through a red light in that car. Wonder how many rules he can break this week.

Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm sorry if my wandering fingers on my cell phone upset your inner Buckeye homer CDT.

BRIAN ROLLE.

Much apologies to you, buckeye slob-fest nation and that circle you guys all created to hold each other's dicks while you sing "Kumbaya My Tressel, Kumbuya"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:36 pm

lol.

I guess it's about that time of the month for you to bleed all over the boards.

I was worried one of those twisters might have sucked you up, but obviously your ego held you down. Good for you.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:So does Byron Rolle joining Rose, Small, Titus, etc... finally convince you Furls?

I mean when you have guys like Rolle agreeing with the car accusations and guys like Krenzel calling Tressel out as hard as he did the story pretty well speaks for itself.

Although I guess you could join Dan's world where Tressel was still a saint and the NCAA agreed to his two game suspension back in February and was all good and through with their investigation because Gee gave some blowjobs under the table.

Can you post a link to krenzel stuff? I googled it and can't find anything near what I would call calling tressel out bad.

Saw alot of stuff about entitled players and whatnot.
JCoz

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:48 pm

JCoz wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:So does Byron Rolle joining Rose, Small, Titus, etc... finally convince you Furls?

Can you post a link to krenzel stuff? I googled it and can't find anything near what I would call calling tressel out bad.

Saw alot of stuff about entitled players and whatnot.

It was this article in which Krenzel spoke about Tressel and the situation:

http://bit.ly/lsJQjj

“Coach [Jim] Tressel has to look in the mirror,” Krenzel said. “He has to hang his hat on it. Our football coach got caught holding a smoking gun in his hand.”

“He was obviously flawed,” Krenzel said. “Maybe he wasn’t as good or perfect, especially that Buckeyes fans wanted him to be or pictured him to be.”

And I agree with this part too:

“I do think it is going to get worse,” Krenzel said. “This situation is ugly and it’s going to get uglier.”

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby fairvis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:51 pm

Pryor has lawyered up... here's the comments...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6618925

Apparently, it's a 2007 350Z with 80,000 miles on it. TP's mom bought it for him, financing $11K. Also states that the three cars he's owned have had massive problems (Hyundai Sonata that died, Dodge Charger that needed engine overhaul, etc.) KBB values the Z at $17,800, so there was probably some cash and trade-in on the Charger, otherwise that's some serious difference that will not look good at all.
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm

OMG what a tard, $11K for a 4 year old car with 80fuckingthousand miles.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby fairvis » Thu Jun 02, 2011 1:57 pm

Also, very little comments on the loaner car issues... but there's always a question- how many of you guys have received loaners from the dealership when your car is in the shop? I haven't, but I haven't had major repairs on recently purchased cars. Just asking...
fairvis

Favorite Player: Braxton Miller
Least Favorite Player: Joakim Noah

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:02 pm

fairvis wrote:Also, very little comments on the loaner car issues... but there's always a question- how many of you guys have received loaners from the dealership when your car is in the shop? I haven't, but I haven't had major repairs on recently purchased cars. Just asking...

My wife wrecked her first Jetta in the snow and it needed major body work, the dealer gave her a newer Jetta as a loaner...... and we ended up going back there to get a new Jetta.

I assume they charged any "Loaner Fee" to our insurance company..
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:

It was this article in which Krenzel spoke about Tressel and the situation:

http://bit.ly/lsJQjj

“Coach [Jim] Tressel has to look in the mirror,” Krenzel said. “He has to hang his hat on it. Our football coach got caught holding a smoking gun in his hand.”

“He was obviously flawed,” Krenzel said. “Maybe he wasn’t as good or perfect, especially that Buckeyes fans wanted him to be or pictured him to be.”

And I agree with this part too:

“I do think it is going to get worse,” Krenzel said. “This situation is ugly and it’s going to get uglier.”

Right I read that. Can't argue with it, but it's not really anything big either. Krenzel has never been a tressel shill anyways, his comments there aren't all that harsh and certainly not all that surprising. I don't think he means what you mean peek, he says he doesn't expect new allegations, I think you seem to.

Guess I don't really see that as "calling tressel out bad".
JCoz

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:12 pm

fairvis wrote:Also, very little comments on the loaner car issues... but there's always a question- how many of you guys have received loaners from the dealership when your car is in the shop? I haven't, but I haven't had major repairs on recently purchased cars. Just asking...

Every time actually. In fact, for routine service, the dealer has some dude drive out, drop off the loaner, and take your car in for you. then he drives it back when it's done.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Next

Return to College Sports Arena