Text Size

College Sports Arena

Tressel Out

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Tressel Out

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon May 30, 2011 9:01 am

Last edited by Erie Warrior on Mon May 30, 2011 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Tressel Out

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon May 30, 2011 9:13 am

So is this an omen of good or bad events to follow? I'm not as well-versed on what's going down in Columbus, but if there won't be any sanctions and they can land a Meyer or Stoops than you're right back in the game.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon May 30, 2011 9:19 am

Darrell Hazell is kicking himself now.

What a cluster F. Sad day.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 am

Good for Jim. Finally put the program ahead of himself.

Urban
Patterson
Stoops
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon May 30, 2011 9:47 am

Is this pre-emotive against the SI article?

It must be, because there is no way that Ray Fucking Small took down Tress. I wonder what's in that SI piece?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 10:01 am

Shitty day. Dude won the only meaningful title during my lifetime. 106-22..... Lemme repeat that 106-22. Owned ScUM and the Big 10.

I'm backing Fickle 100%. He's earned the chance, let's see what he can do.

Let the sloppy slobbing of Meyer's dong begin.

Bayou Tribe wrote:So is this an omen of good or bad events to follow? I'm not as well-versed on what's going down in Columbus, but if there won't be any sanctions and they can land a Meyer or Stoops than you're right back in the game.

Oh they're gonna still punish us as bad as if Tress stayed. No doubt.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:14 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Oh they're gonna still punish us as bad as if Tress stayed. No doubt.

It is a shitty day. One of the worst in Buckeye memory/history.

But it was going to happen and it had to happen.

And I agree with CDT on the punishment aspects too.

Ask USC about the break they got for Carroll leaving.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby dem425 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:25 am

BTW B, you hit it right on the head with your Weekend Wrap yesterday.......

Pretty sharp sword Tressel fell on........

Happy Memorial Day to All!
dem425

Favorite Player: Dick Marcinko
Least Favorite Player: All Politicians

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 am

pup wrote:Good for Jim. Finally put the program ahead of himself.

Urban
Patterson
Stoops

Its so cute that you think any of them will want to touch tOSU after how many knives came out for Tressel.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 10:41 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
pup wrote:Good for Jim. Finally put the program ahead of himself.

Urban
Patterson
Stoops

Its so cute that you think any of them will want to touch tOSU after how many knives came out for Tressel.

Every coach in the country would take the job. Near guarantee of a yearly BCS Bowl by bitch slapping the shitty Big 10. Unlimited budget. Great home state to recruit in. You are silly if you don't think the guys listed above will be in the mix.

As far as the violations and all go. I think this helps lessen the force. I think that is the one good thing about today. The difference between this and the rest (including USC) is Tress stood in front of the entire country and basically said, I acted alone. Petey wasn't doing that for the Trojans. The entire institutional control aspect is for not.

Put it this way. As of today, Jim Tressel is Cam Newton's dad. All the blame gets pushed to him and nothing happens to the school.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Mon May 30, 2011 10:45 am

Put it this way. As of today, Jim Tressel is Cam Newton's dad. All the blame gets pushed to him and nothing happens to the school.

There is no font size big enough for the words "As of today" in this post.

Also, Swerb has to change the banner on the front page once again. It's going to get to the point where he's going to have to use mascots just to give him a 6 month break.
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 10:48 am

How can the NCAA punish Auburn for Newton or Oregon for Willie Lyles? That would be both teams in the NT game with possible major violations.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 am

I can't believe this Urban Meyer talk. Good coach, good athlete recruiter, but he had, what, 50 guys get arrested while at Florida? Yeah, real great rebound. A guy with a far shadier past than Tressel.

I don't know what direction they go in. But I hope it's not Urban Meyer's.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby furls » Mon May 30, 2011 10:49 am

I have no idea what to make of the impending sanctions. The media has been out for blood and the NCAA is devoid of actual thought. The push was so hard against OSU/Tressel through this whole thing, like nothing I have seen in my lifetime. I swear it felt like a personal vendetta. There is supposed to be some pretty damning info being released in the SI story today, the SI writer is actually somewhat taking credit for taking Tressel out based on what he found, whether true or not we shall see.

The penalties SHOULD be nowhere near what USC saw because USC got hit with the dreaded Failure to Monitor and Lack of Institutional Control, things that OSU is clear of. Additionally, OSU self reported much of this, so now that the "sole perpetrator" is out I am not sure what the NCAA can and will do. Tressel admitted to being the lone gunman and said that he lied/acted to deceive so we shall see if common sense or media pressure prevails here. I am interested to see what the new media perspective will be.

OSU is making a horrific mistake by going with an interim coach for all of 2011, you can basically count out the 2012 recruiting class now. We may hold on to what we have, but we will not land some of the amazing in state talent that we were counting. Many of these guys were hedging on OSU for fear of sanctions, but all publicly supported Tressel.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Mon May 30, 2011 10:50 am

pup wrote:Every coach in the country would take the job. Near guarantee of a yearly BCS Bowl by bitch slapping the shitty Big 10. Unlimited budget. Great home state to recruit in. You are silly if you don't think the guys listed above will be in the mix.

With the Dispatch holding the NCAA's magnifying glass over the entire organization. Right.

Is Charlie Weis available? One of Paterno's assistants? I hear they're all about Winning The Right Way.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Eckersley » Mon May 30, 2011 10:50 am

pup wrote:Put it this way. As of today, Jim Tressel is Cam Newton's dad. All the blame gets pushed to him and nothing happens to the school.

Man, I wish that were true, but I think it's the reverse. Tressel will end up signing a multi million dollar deal with someone & OSU will get pounded by the NCAA.

Tressel was a fantastic coach, but he did wrong & did the school wrong. If he were 5-5 against UM instead of 9-1, the school would've fired him weeks ago.

I don't think any high profile coach will touch OSU until they find out what the NCAA will do.
If the Dolans owned BP, they'd give promotions to everyone responsible for the oil spill.
Eckersley
Politically Incorrect

Favorite Player: Dennis Eckersley
Least Favorite Player: Pete Rose

Unread postby furls » Mon May 30, 2011 10:55 am

OSU is not even looking to hire a permanent HC until 2012. Sanctions will come out 12 Aug unless there is something new to report from SI today.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby fightdr » Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

When he let Pryor and those other clowns play in the bowl game, everyone should have known this was going to happen.
It should have happened months ago.
Lying to the NCAA and trying to cover it up isn't a smart way to keep your job.
I don't see any top notch coach or so called retired coach wanting the gig and I can't blame them.
fightdr

Favorite Player: Deion
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 11:02 am

People are already bashing him for doing this on Memorial Day.

Hater's gonna hate. I've just never understood why. I don't remember this much venom being spit at Pete before he took the Seahawks job.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 am

fightdr wrote:When he let Pryor and those other clowns play in the bowl game, everyone should have known this was going to happen.
I don't see any top notch coach or so called retired coach wanting the gig and I can't blame them.

He played them because the NCAA said he could because they wanted to protect the revenue from a major bowl game.

The almighty dollar.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:09 am

pup wrote:Every coach in the country would take the job. Near guarantee of a yearly BCS Bowl by bitch slapping the shitty Big 10. Unlimited budget. Great home state to recruit in. You are silly if you don't think the guys listed above will be in the mix.

With the Dispatch holding the NCAA's magnifying glass over the entire organization. Right.

Is Charlie Weis available? One of Paterno's assistants? I hear they're all about Winning The Right Way.

Bwah!!!

The same Dispatch that sits at the right hand of the OSU Football Lord yet watched as Yahoo Sports broke the story??? ::doh:: :lmfao:

Please- Is The Dispatch still running their 'Days Since Last Michigan Win' ticker?? :thumb up: That's a fucking school paper that was sleeping til they heard the uproar. Sanctimonious hypocrites.

They couldn't find their ass with both hands and the last thing a prospective coach will worry about is them..

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 11:17 am

peeker643 wrote:

Bwah!!!

The same Dispatch that sits at the right hand of the OSU Football Lord yet watched as Yahoo Sports broke the story??? ::doh:: :lmfao:

Please- Is The Dispatch still running their 'Days Since Last Michigan Win' ticker?? :thumb up: That's a fucking school paper that was sleeping til they heard the uproar. Sanctimonious hypocrites.

They couldn't find their ass with both hands and the last thing a prospective coach will worry about is them..

You edited that to insert emoticons?

And wasn't it Tim May that broke the Jack Maxton story?

Do you read the Dispatch?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:25 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Bwah!!!

You edited that to insert emoticons?

And wasn't it Tim May that broke the Jack Maxton story?

Do you read the Dispatch?

I'm on the Dispatch site nearly every day. if that's reading the Dispatch then I'm reading the Dispatch. Much like I'm on the Plain Dealer online daily, the News-Herald, etc.

CDT, how long you think OSU players have been getting benefits of some sort or another from Columbus-area businesses? Maybe since Christ was a corporal? The fucking tool boxes at the Dispatch didn't uncover or dig up a fucking thing. They jumped on the bandwagon in a display of blood-lust.

It's exactly the reason I said he had to resign. Because when humps like the Dispatch reporters start piling on you are fucked. When you can motivate them to start throwing spears at a program they've protected and promoted for years the coach is doomed.

That's what I'm saying. That's why I said he needed to go. That's probably what he saw as well.

And I edit for colorful effect ;-) ;) :wink:

BTW- Nothing really against the Dispatch itself. More so the dinosaur that is newspaper reporting. I sit with a lot of these guys. They hate life and their jobs.

Hate it.

Bare minimum for their checks. Online reporters are looking to break big and work hard to get that story. Newspapers are the pilot fish to online reporting's shark.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Spin » Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 am

And don't forget if there are sanctions, that gives you some breathing room to get your system in place, get your own recruits in, and withstand a 9 win season or two if it comes to that.
Spin

Favorite Player: Jack N. Coke
Least Favorite Player: 72 hour work weeks

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 11:27 am

Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes there, Chet.

I was asking not implying.

:gah: ;-) ;) :wink: :nanner: :dingle: :spar: :dead: :santa: (inlove) :partyers:
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:30 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Whoa whoa whoa, pump the brakes there, Chet.

I didn't fire Coach Tressel CDT. Just keep that in mind.

You need to set about grilling your feast and looking at this tomorrow with the perspective of a nice long weekend behind you and through the prism of a wicked hangover. :santa: :tfh: (mooning) :hic: :bunny: :gah: :nanner: :salute:

BTW- the tinfoil hat emoticon is the best one on the boards

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 11:32 am

Man. If I typed MadreHill for the next coach you would tell me why I was wrong.

By the way, the only thing I have been wrong about in this so far is the timing of Tress resigning. Luke for one season, then a new HC next season. I thought Tress would be suspended for the year and then resign. Instead he swallowed the sword in May. Like I said above, good for him. It is the right thing to do.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon May 30, 2011 11:49 am

Do you guys really think The Vest was the ONLY person in tOSU athletic department that knew about this? Seriously?
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 11:51 am

peeker643 wrote:

You need to set about grilling your feast and looking at this tomorrow with the perspective of a nice long weekend behind you and through the prism of a wicked hangover. :santa: :tfh: (mooning) :hic: :bunny: :gah: :nanner: :salute:

Memorial Day isn't for grilling and getting drunk. It's our wretched fatfuck culture that made it that. People jam grilled meat into their cocksuckers without knowing what the day means.

I shit on them.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Mon May 30, 2011 11:56 am

fightdr wrote:When he let Pryor and those other clowns play in the bowl game, everyone should have known this was going to happen.

OSU is one of about 5 truly elite coaching positions in the country. I am not sure it will be that hard to get a replacement, but I think the Bucks will try to stay local and young and will most likely hire a guy like Fickell, although he has no HC experience. If the Bucks put together an impressive season this year I think he will be hard to supplant. 11-2 or better and this job is Fickell's.

Quick give me the top available names with Ohio ties: All have major warts. No thanks on Stoopes or Pelini. Who is next aside from Meyer? I am not sure Meyer is a great fit because the bucks will seek longterm stability. The Bucks are going to be seeking a guy that will be there for 10+ years and I am not sure you can count on that with Meyer.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:01 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Memorial Day isn't for grilling and getting drunk. It's our wretched fatfuck culture that made it that. People jam grilled meat into their cocksuckers without knowing what the day means.

I shit on them.

People who know and appreciate what it's all about are allowed to grill meat. Even better if they grill it with someone who's served or in honor of someone who's served/serving.

The fatfucks ain't never gonna get it anyway and they're jamming something down their pie hole because the day ends in 'Y' and they have it off.

So I'm gonna get shit done around here, eat with some friends and a father in law who served and appreciate that there are people a world away that can't because they're doing what the rest of us have either done before (and I thank those guys/girls), or are incapable or unwilling to do. :salute:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon May 30, 2011 12:08 pm

Yeah that was harsh. I shouldn't have condemed everyone. It's one of those things that irks me though. 4th of July is for grilling and getting drunk, so is Labor Day, and Fridays.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon May 30, 2011 12:29 pm

furls wrote:

OSU is one of about 5 truly elite coaching positions in the country. I am not sure it will be that hard to get a replacement, but I think the Bucks will try to stay local and young and will most likely hire a guy like Fickell, although he has no HC experience. If the Bucks put together an impressive season this year I think he will be hard to supplant. 11-2 or better and this job is Fickell's.

Quick give me the top available names with Ohio ties: All have major warts. No thanks on Stoopes or Pelini. Who is next aside from Meyer? I am not sure Meyer is a great fit because the bucks will seek longterm stability. The Bucks are going to be seeking a guy that will be there for 10+ years and I am not sure you can count on that with Meyer.

Dead solid perfect take, Mike. Texas, Florida, 'Bama, Southern Cal are the only jobs which I could possibly fathom being more attractive than tOSU. There will be absolutely no problem getting whoever they choose as HC. It sets up well - sanctions announced in August, see how Fickle does through November, then decide whether to remove the interim tag or try and land a more "name" guy.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

OldDawg wrote:Do you guys really think The Vest was the ONLY person in tOSU athletic department that knew about this? Seriously?

I don't think anyone (including the 2A) that thinks that.

Now, can it be proven that someone else knew about it? We all better hope not, because that is when Institutional Control gets thrown in. And that is really where the bomb gets dropped.

Right now we have Oswald in the Window.

People will be looking for a second shooter until they are not. If he is found, uh oh.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

This ^^^^^^^
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby furls » Mon May 30, 2011 1:21 pm

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:

This ^^^^^^^

Tressel did not let them play, the NCAA did. It was a stupid decision on their part that was completely driven by NCAA/Sugar Bowl greed. The suspension should have been 5 games and commenced immediately, but the NCAA wanted to protect their bowl game so they, knowing the circumstances, allowed the players to remain eligible for the game.

Be careful you don't rewrite history here.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 1:32 pm

Wonder if they would have played, and we would have coached, if in December he said he knew everything he knew?

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby dem425 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

What's really sad is that Tressel wasn't strong enough to confront the Administration when he realized that THEY were engaging in illegal practices.....While he is not without sin, he is definitely not the only one......OSU makes way too much money to put ALL the blame on Tressel
dem425

Unread postby scrambler » Mon May 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Let's please not romanticize Tressel. He's a liar, a cheater and a class A hypocrite. I guess you could defend him by stating that's true of maybe 75 percent of big time division 1 college football coaches. I would bet my life that even Joe Paterno lies and cheats. Tressel's a big winner who is a millionaire several times over by winning big at OSU. He knew what he had to do to win and he did it. That's the end of the story of Jim Tressel. He's no different than Barry Switzer, Jackie Sherril, Pete Carroll, Lou Holtz, JImmy Johnson, Bobby Collins, Dennis Erickson or any other big time winners who did whatever they possibly could to win big. That's who he is and what he is. He'll be resurrected at some point and defended by all the ex-coaches on TV now who are mostly blithering idiots (Lou Holtz.)
He did what he was paid to do at OSU which is win big. He did his job the best he could. To be really, really good you gotta bend it like Beckham. He did that. good for Tressel. Now he's done and OSU will go on in some form.
Last edited by scrambler on Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scrambler

Favorite Player: Charlie Spikes
Least Favorite Player: Oelkers/Yett

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:55 pm

dem425 wrote:What's really sad is that Tressel wasn't strong enough to confront the Administration when he realized that THEY were engaging in illegal practices.....While he is not without sin, he is definitely not the only one......OSU makes way too much money to put ALL the blame on Tressel

And even with it costing him his job and at least temporarily besmirching his name and a stellar reputation that took years to build (and was absolutley built on real achievements and contributions on and off the field) I'd bet my ass he won't say shit about the administration even with a mouth full of it right now.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Kingpin74 » Mon May 30, 2011 1:56 pm

This SI Article has to be a firebomb.
"Well then I guess there's only one thing left to do...win the whole, f***in', thing."- Jake Taylor
Kingpin74

Favorite Player: Mario Lemieux
Least Favorite Player: Dwight Howard

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 30, 2011 2:02 pm

Shitty day, but I'm fine with it in the sense that Jim made the choice. I trust his judgment, still, and if he feels it is best he leaves than it's best he leaves. The program will rebound fine, just a matter of how long, 2 years, 5 years, or 7 years? Hire the transitional coach to keep the ship afloat till you get tGuy.

FMB, I luv you man you're a great dude but you get way off base on some things OSU, this is one of them. JT had nothing to do with the little rascals playing in the bowl game, that was all on the NCAA. The fact you cannot see that the NCAA = Alonzo Harris is a shame b/c you're not a naive man. I'm not pinning JT's demise on them, just saying the NCAA is about as straight as the CCCP was. There is not a chance in hell OSU comes out of this as clean as USC came out of their debacle.

I truly thank Jim for the memories.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mattvan1 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:06 pm

FUDU wrote:Shitty day, but I'm fine with it in the sense that Jim made the choice.

Don't think so. tOSU made the choice and gave Tressel the chance to resign before he was fired. Dude is on vacation in Florida and then flys to CBus to quit on Memorial Day? Forced out.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby FUDU » Mon May 30, 2011 2:13 pm

I disagree matt, b/c of the fact that others inside probably knew plenty and JT was tFall Guy. tOSU had no guts to fire him (IMO no guts and no right to). They dump him on his ass and he can talk, and maybe he does (IMO he doesn't). JT's been mulling this over most likely for months. He's being the bigger person in all of this by resigning, whether for selfish motives or not.
Last edited by FUDU on Mon May 30, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby dem425 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:25 pm

FUDU wrote: tOSU had no guts to fire him (IMO no guts and no right to). They dump him on his ass and he can talk, and maybe he does (IMO he doesn't). JT's been mulling this over most likely for months. He's being the bigger person in all of this ye resigning, whether for selfish motives or not.

Amen....FUDU

The bad news: Tressell caught some fleas laying with those dogs

The good news: That sharp sword killed most them fleas
dem425

Unread postby googleeph2 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:32 pm

scrambler wrote:a class A hypocrite.

He's been clear that he values integrity and doing things the right way.
No hypocrisy there.

Did he also say he was perfect?
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon May 30, 2011 2:46 pm

Only here to make sure Dan comes correct as he promised he would....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Mon May 30, 2011 3:02 pm

FUDU...you know I'm just a 'straw' stirring a drink...and I don't do it often ebuff to be a troll but,,,,

Whither Chucky?

PFT is bringing it up.....
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon May 30, 2011 5:43 pm

Urbz just issued a statement saying he would not be pursuing the OSU and any other job "this fall".

translation means that he's trying to respect the unwritten rule about not talking about another man's job, which is fickel's.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby pup » Mon May 30, 2011 5:45 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
FUDU wrote:Shitty day, but I'm fine with it in the sense that Jim made the choice.

Don't think so. tOSU made the choice and gave Tressel the chance to resign before he was fired. Dude is on vacation in Florida and then flys to CBus to quit on Memorial Day? Forced out.

Resignation been in the works for weeks.

PR company decided Memorial Day was the best time for the announcement. Bright and early I might add.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Next

Return to College Sports Arena