Text Size

No Holds Barred

5?F, wabs is tired edition

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

5?F, wabs is tired edition

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:42 am

1. When you see the same co-worker over & over again in one day do you continually greet them, if so how?
A) say hi every single time
B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

2. How many different careers (not jobs) have you had since college or your early 20's?

3. Have you ever been hospitalized due to a fight? If so details please.

4. Beside winning %, in your opinion what is the most important statistic in sports (any 1 sport or all 3, OK all 4)

5. Worst illness/medical condition/injury you've ever had?
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: 5?F, wabs is tired edition

Unread postby General » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:39 am

1. When you see the same co-worker over & over again in one day do you continually greet them, if so how?
B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) Head nod and wave, maybe convo now and then.

2. How many different careers (not jobs) have you had since college or your early 20's?
3, Marines, Banking Logistics, Commercial/Industrial Laundry Management.

Fortunately no.

4. Beside winning %, in your opinion what is the most important statistic in sports (any 1 sport or all 3, OK all 4)
OBP in Baseball. TD's in football, Convictions in basketball, teeth in hockey.

Currently, Gout.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization-Do I really have to change this?
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby swerb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:29 am

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

Hi the first couple times, then the token head nod.

Restaurant business from age 14-21, residential lending from age 21-34. My dream is to open my own restaurant in 10 years or so. Good homemade Italian food, big bar area, live music on the weekends, and a nice patio.

No. My career record in fights is 1-1. Currently on a 18 year inactive streak.

I love guys that step it up in the playoffs when all the chips are in the middle of the table. So to me, besides Championships Won, in general, playoff statistics.

I've had kidney stones three times. One time I passed em through urine. Other two times were brutal ... had to have that surgery where they go in through the tip of your you know what and blast em with a laser, then place a stint inside you for a week to help collect the carnage from the blasting.

Worst of the two was January 2007 ... will never forget it cause it was the day of the AFC and NFC Championship games (Bears/Saints and Colts/Pats). Surgery was that morning and brutal. The stint hurt, I was on so much pain medication it was making me vomit, and the other dude in the other half of my room had 40-50 obnoxious visitors streaming in and out all day. It was like a real bad Snoop Dog video.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:02 am

FUDU wrote:1. When you see the same co-worker over & over again in one day do you continually greet them, if so how?
B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

I work out of home when I don't travel now. So I usully just kind of kick my wife's cat when he gets in my way. Used to eithe say "hI' or have a short conversation if I liked the person, then a head nod or smile, maybe a "hey".

One

Nay. Or better said, not yet since I have a big mouth.

Of course, the overall number of OHSAA football championships won on the field since playoffs started. Hurr.

Just intestinal flu or a killer hang over. Been really luck so far. Its the alcohol in the system that kills everything.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:44 am

FUDU wrote:1. When you see the same co-worker over & over again in one day do you continually greet them, if so how?
B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in
If its someone I enjoy being around, I acknowledge them in some manner but usually never the same.

Nope

Winning % on the road or WHIP in baseball.

EXPLOSIVE APPENDIX
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:49 am

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

C

I've never had a career in my life and probably never will. Although I have worked in call centers for more than a decade.

I've been in two fights and neither of them were particularly serious. I ended up getting along very well with both of my opponents.

Pythog (?)

Testicular cancer. Diagnosed when I was 18, the day I was supposed to start college.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby mistero » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:22 pm

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

I'm a grinner.

Started in health care post Navy been in ever since.

Nope, not a fighter.

Completion percentage. Yards per carry,tackles for a loss.

Eh, I have moderately bad arthritis in my hands and feet. It just pisses me off more than anything else.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Orenthal » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:29 pm

1.) D - Fuck off
2.) 2 - Working on possibly a third or getting back to the first.
3.) No
4.) Swag ::doh::
5.) Epilepsy, but this tinnitus sucks a whole lot more.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:44 pm

Raise the eyebrows/ head nod

No, but I've woken up knowing I was in one.
WHIP, 3rd Down Conversion

Dislocated knee cap, asthma is a pain in the ass as well.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:30 pm

Not relevant, work side-by-side with my guys in construction

One

Naw, my wife usually begs me not to say anything after kickin my ass

The spread, totals, odds & vig

Back surgeries
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:13 pm

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

[b]Usually a quick "Hey"[/b]

2. How many different careers (not jobs) have you had since college or your early 20's? 3 - Insurance/mutual fund sales, car sales and then various banking positions, currently doing debt restructure on troubled small business loans

Hospital? no, jail? close....Had a friend who once knocked out a dude who sucker punched his frat brother. The guys tooth went through his cheek and broke off and embedded in my friends knuckle severing his tendon in the process. He ended up contracting a staph infection, had to have surgery and a pick line for 6 weeks. Won the battle but lost the war.

4. Beside winning %, in your opinion what is the most important statistic in sports (any 1 sport or all 3, OK all 4) Points allowed in football

Nothing life threatening but hurt my back 15 years and have been dealing with back pain ever since.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby idoctribefan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:51 pm

Yes. C, Eyebrows raised

No. Been in one fight only and I was 11.

Baseball: OBP. NBA: Technical fouls NFL: Super Bowls NHL: Stanley Cups

When I was 7 I unknowingly stood in a pile of fire ants and they swarmed me. My mom rushed me to the ER and the doctor said I almost died because my throat had nearly swollen shut. They counted something like 140 bites.
"And three of the better guys in franchise history, Daugherty, Z and now Kyrie could get hurt in a rubber room full of cotton balls." - Leadpipe
idoctribefan

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: #6

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:42 pm

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

C&D, but I'm very fake with it.

2-3

Not yet.

Shooting/completion %'s, for goalie stuff save %, baseball too many to choose but probably BAA or OBPA.

Had Scarlet fever when in 1982, grew up with asthma, dislocated elbow.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:49 pm

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

1) If it's a female co-worker I firmly grab her buttocks while mumbling "yeah this is so right".

2) 1.

3) I had to have a guy's tooth removed from my knuckle, and I had 10 stitches in the back of my head when a punk blindsided me with a pool cue.

4) HR record in Baseball, holy grail....... or it was.

5) Pneumonia when I was 13.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:05 pm

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

Does not apply ^^^^

No

Injury list

Tie:

Blew my back out in '86...shattered a disc into 5 pcs and it took 6 months to heal

Crashed my bike last August 28 a Sat... looked down and saw my kneecap.... It was sliced open from side to side. Got the meat wagon to the hospital, admitted on Tues, the abortion performed in Dunkirk NY emergency room torn apart and re-done in Erie, and spent a week there getting IV'S for staph infection

Doc said I was very lucky and coulda lost my leg

...and, no, it hasn't kept me off the bike
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby danwismar » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:40 am

B) give a slight grin
C) raise the eyebrows
D) write in

Work in fairly close quarters with co-workers...after the morning "S'up", pretty much just a nod or the fake grin.

One - for 34 yrs

Almost...at age 18...guy sucker-punched me in a team-on-team parking lot brawl after a hotly-contested fast-pitch softball game at Forest Hills Park. He opened up a cut on my chin, but it was just short of hospital-worthy.

In baseball, used to say RBI, but now probably OPS.

Age 23 - Stevens-Johnson's Syndrome - severe allergic reaction to penicillin and some other antibiotics - almost died of dehydration...11 days of hospitalization...lost all stable skin (blistered & peeled) on exterior...face, chest and entire groin area (yes), and on the interior...mouth, throat, stomach, digestive/urinary tract. Nasty shit. Somehow managed to avoid the common side-effects of the condition: blindness, sterility, kidney failure.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Return to No Holds Barred