Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Derailed

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Derailed

Unread postby swerb » Sat May 27, 2006 7:53 am

While filled with plot holes and more and more unrealistic as it goes along, this was an edge of your seat thriller that I enjoyed watching.

Going into this, I was expecting an "affair gone wrong" movie. I had no idea how horribly wrong it would go. I failed to foresee any of the plot twists, and that made it an exciting flick to watch.

Clive Owen is the shit, and easily one of my favorite actors these days. Jennifer Aniston ... so/so. She still struggles in any role other than a replica of her Friends character. The chemistry between her and Owen was good, her performance was average at best. I've never been a huge fan of her looks, but she looked very good in this movie.

The character development in this movie was good, as was the overall premise and story. It felt like, in an attempt to make this extraordinarily shocking and thrilling, the director took this movie a couple steps too far, which made it hard to believe these events could actually take place in real life. As I mentioned before, there were several plot holes the movie had me thinking about as I was watching, that slightly detracted from an otherwise enjoyable experience.

Unfaithful was a movie I really enjoyed because it was very believable (and because it featured Diane Lane). This was an enjoyable film of the same ilk that went just a couple steps too far in some spots.

I would definitely reccommend seeing this for the thrills alone. It's an entertaining movie. Its not gonna win any Oscars though.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

I'm not a big Jennifer Aniston fan, but......

Unread postby DCDAWG » Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:21 pm

I enjoyed every possible moment of the movie......I agree totally with you Swerb Clive Owen is a beast, especially the shanking in the laundry room scene.

Anyway, as a married man once you have to ask yourself am I that lucky? If, the answer is "yes" then your bound to have problems especially if your home life isn't all that great!!!! LOL!!!!

GO CLEVELAND!!!!!
Cleveland-The best location in the Nation!!!!
DCDAWG

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture