Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Interesting work out

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Interesting work out

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:28 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110329_browns_worked_out_cal_rb_shane_vereen_today

A RB projected in round 2 or 3 ?

Hmmmm...... Wither Montario?

Think he's related to Tenspeed?

And also a primo ORT who won't be there past our 2nd round pick probably.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-20110329_tyron_smith_to_tour_the_nfl_visit_redskins_chiefs_browns_others

Never take for granted that our perceived priorities are their perceived priorities.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Interesting work out

Unread postby Triple-S » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:30 pm

"Vereen never missed a game at Cal due to an injury"

nice.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby mistero » Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:59 pm

I believe Ben Vareen is his Dad's cousin.

Can we really afford to waste a draft pick on a number 3 back? Christ bring back Chris Jennings and draft more DB's.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:51 pm

mistero wrote:I believe Ben Vareen is his Dad's cousin.

Can we really afford to waste a draft pick on a number 3 back? Christ bring back Chris Jennings and draft more DB's.

SD:

I dunno , did you see Peyton get worked like a Hebrew slave once Hardesty bit the dust .

The Browns have to operate like he's not even on the roster , and if he shows up they're in the bonus.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mistero » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:34 pm

Yeah but it's a running back. Bring in 4 UDFA's and let them bang it out in training camp. You can get a servicable running back anywhere.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:18 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

I dunno , did you see Peyton get worked like a Hebrew slave once Hardesty bit the dust .

The Browns have to operate like he's not even on the roster , and if he shows up they're in the bonus.

SoulDawg

This has more credence than I thought before I read the report. So good doin' business w/ you SD outside of QB's.

Don't under-estimate that Holmgren may pimp out hard and sell out on offense AND that Heckert wasn't whistlin' Dixie when he was quoted as saying that he liked some of our your WR's and couldn't understand why Mangini wouldn't give them game reps.

I could EASILY see best defense available in round one and ORT and RB with the 2nd and third picks. Plus WR is deep as hell this year with McDouche listing no fewer than NINETEEN WR's worthy of being drafted in rounds 1 - 4 (incl Shorts from MU ) .

I could also see Holmgren so disgusted by what he saw last season that Green / Jones come # 1 and they just go balls out to shore up the offense and set Shurmur up for success worrying about the D later with maybe a DL FA or two as a band aid.

Imagine Green plus the USC ORT plus Chicken George nephew s atalent infusion.

damn.
jb

Unread postby jta1975 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:01 pm

a week late
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:11 am

I thought this was going to be about Jake Locker going 40-42

:pop:
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby mistero » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:22 am

I get that feeling too. I think they want to sell out on offense and fix the defense with band aids. They want to give Colt a full tool box and another year to give him every chance to suceed, because if he does well that answers the number one question any franchise has.

1st AJ Green WR
2nd Torrey Smith WR Maryland
3rd Shane Vareen RB CAL
4th Noel Devine RB/KR WVU
5th James Carpenter OT Alabama
6th Jordan Cameron TE USC
7th Greg McElroy QB Alabma
7th Jah Reid OT Central Florida
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Unread postby jb » Thu Mar 31, 2011 9:36 am

jta1975 wrote:a week late

NM - place is no longer worth it
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

This has more credence than I thought before I read the report. So good doin' business w/ you SD outside of QB's.

Don't under-estimate that Holmgren may pimp out hard and sell out on offense AND that Heckert wasn't whistlin' Dixie when he was quoted as saying that he liked some of our your WR's and couldn't understand why Mangini wouldn't give them game reps.

I could EASILY see best defense available in round one and ORT and RB with the 2nd and third picks. Plus WR is deep as hell this year with McDouche listing no fewer than NINETEEN WR's worthy of being drafted in rounds 1 - 4 (incl Shorts from MU ) .

I could also see Holmgren so disgusted by what he saw last season that Green / Jones come # 1 and they just go balls out to shore up the offense and set Shurmur up for success worrying about the D later with maybe a DL FA or two as a band aid.

Imagine Green plus the USC ORT plus Chicken George nephew s atalent infusion.

damn.

SD:

The USC tackle has moved up as a possible top ten candidate as a result of his workout by adding 17 pounds with no loss of quickness to his massive size and great footwork .

Definitely in the mix should we trade down.

On another note .

The Butchum pro day was like viewing a Sachs Fifth Ave jewelry case ,there were gems everywhere , the three players who sat out last year would all come in and start for the Browns including a converted rb turned wide out perfect skillset WCO type flanker , a DT who would probably be in the conversation with Fairley and Dareus had he not been scoped by the NCAA, and Quinn who at 264 lbs looked like a sculpted Adonis pray he doesn't become a Sheeler.

Got one for ya which hasn't been brought up here , The UNC club had a linebacker coming off a torn acl who can outplay what we have on one leg , sans the injury where probably looking at the best linebacker in this draft class , steal him at 4 or five along with Casey Mathews and add two great football players.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:44 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

The USC tackle has moved up as a possible top ten candidate as a result of his workout by adding 17 pounds with no loss of quickness to his massive size and great footwork .

On another note .

The Butchum pro day was like viewing a Sachs Fifth Ave jewelry case ,there were gems everywhere , the three players who sat out last year would all come in and start for the Browns including a converted rb turned wide out perfect skillset WCO type flanker , a DT who would probably be in the conversation with Fairley and Dareus had he not been scoped by the NCAA, and Quinn who at 264 lbs looked like a sculpted Adonis pray he doesn't become a Sheeler.

Got one for ya which hasn't been brought up here , The UNC club had a linebacker coming off a torn acl who can outplay what we have on one leg , sans the injury where probably looking at the best linebacker in this draft class , steal him at 4 or five along with Casey Mathews and add two great football players.

SoulDawg

They had a WR as well that might be worth a look late. Kid who switched from RB to WR and was caught up in the crap that happened last season.

Greg Little is 6'2 230lbs and ran a 4.50 40 at their Pro Day.

Strong kid (watch the block at the end of the video), has some wiggle and, while 4.50 may not impress ya, watch him run away from a couple 'Canes DBs and over top of anyone in front of him.

Just sayin', dude might be worth a Sunday pick.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:00 pm

peeker643 wrote:

On another note .

SoulDawg

They had a WR as well that might be worth a look late. Kid who switched from RB to WR and was caught up in the crap that happened last season.

Strong kid (watch the block at the end of the video), has some wiggle and, while 4.50 may not impress ya, watch him run away from a couple 'Canes DBs and over top of anyone in front of him.

SD:

Prototype WCO RAC and YAC wideout which was why Julio Jones had me more intrigued with his skill set than the spindly Greene .

Big body who can take a beating on those slants , the size of Peyton Hillis in the open field preying on those little itsy bitsy DB's oh my

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:05 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

On another note .

SoulDawg

SD:

Prototype WCO RAC and YAC wideout which was why Julio Jones had me more intrigued with his skill set than the spindly Greene .

Big body who can take a beating on those slants , the size of Peyton Hillis in the open field preying on those little itsy bitsy DB's oh my

SoulDawg

Exactly. Can't tell from the highlights much about his hands but you can see on a couple jump balls that he fights for the football and is strong enough to win his fair share against that level of competition.

I said the same thing regarding WCO watching him run the slant route in the highlight package. You better square him up or he'll knock you back.

Now, there are guys in the NFL who will hit him. I have no idea on his heart or his desire to run those routes on Sundays, especially after Polamalu puts a shoulder in him.

But a kid like that, in a draft deep in WRs, could slip into a round where he's a value.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:37 pm

jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:59 pm

jb

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:33 pm

Love Jernigan, but Smith has a lot of baggage. Would be scared to take him at the top of rd 2.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:27 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote: The Butchum pro day was like viewing a Sachs Fifth Ave jewelry case ,there were gems everywhere , the three players who sat out last year would all come in and start for the Browns

Bruce Carter is the LB you speak of, and you're right. Quan Sturdivant is pretty good as well, had a bad hammy most of last year. STUDS all over that D.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:54 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Love Jernigan, but Smith has a lot of baggage. Would be scared to take him at the top of rd 2.

Think walrus leraned anything from Koren Robinson? heh.

Smits position coach has nothing butt the best to say about him, though. Just sayin if we went DE - CB - DT I fould find it hard to piss n moan.

I do think Jurnign gives the O what it needs most - versitile game breaking speed. maybe I'm being a Buckeye honk and in man-love with that highlight route where he made the Bucks secondary look like they had feet nailed in the turf.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote: The Butchum pro day was like viewing a Sachs Fifth Ave jewelry case ,there were gems everywhere , the three players who sat out last year would all come in and start for the Browns

Bruce Carter is the LB you speak of, and you're right. Quan Sturdivant is pretty good as well, had a bad hammy most of last year. STUDS all over that D.

SD:

thanks Amigo .

Carters size is very intriguing big enough to move to MLB with sideline to sideline speed same as Sturdivant whose name sounds like a medieval knight of the Realm.

Most talent I've seen on one roster in Years , and it all parallels those freaks from the U.who donned everybodies NFL rosters with dominance.

You have to get a stud in the middle along with some pass rush if this defense is going to be anything worth looking at anytime soon.

I know the offense needs weapons and all that , but if you added Quinn and Marquez Wilson with your first two picks and maybe a carter 4th or fifth , you'd see more improvement on defense in one draft than RAC or Mangy could muster with years of trying.

Athleticism isn't stifled the way it is in a 34 , and you can get kids to perform when they can play instinctively instead of perusing Harvard physics before every play.

Another dirty little secret , Austin might be the best DT in the draft .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:59 pm

As a recruit 3 yrs. ago, Austin was the #1 rated DT in the country. He had some weight issues early in his career and his primary knock is consistency and focus.

But as a Seminole fan and having watched him, he can reek havoc when focused. I put him a peg below Dareus but right there with Fairley.

UNC's LB's are impressive and maybe one is in line with us in the 2nd.

Personally, I feel like we'll know after Rd. 1 where our next 2 picks go. Offense first, then flip it for the next couple rounds. Defense and I think you see offense the next two.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL