Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Mangy took a Five and got Change for 11

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Mangy took a Five and got Change for 11

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:56 am

SD blabbering about draft prospects is one thing but now he's talkin wings, and best in the state? Sorry but SD as the food critic is where I draw the line, if SD says "you gotta try these wings" then you might as well deep fry a turd and sprinkle some lemon pepper on it, the odds are about equal that either are edible.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby gameface » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:24 pm

From an outsider: I declare Erie Warrior the 2009 Draft Prognosticator Champeen. Everybody else is just pretending. You oughta pull 2010 and see if he went back to back.
gameface

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:22 pm

jb wrote:This place looks beyond dangerous

http://youngstowneats.blogspot.com/2009/05/royal-oaks-youngstown.html

I barely even go into Boardman unless I HAVE to and you wanna go here? Why do you think I live in Poland, anyway?

Can I borrow your gun?

Find a place then man. Make it happen. I'll take Friday off but if I ain't back by Monday they'll start looking for pieces of my body when they see this thread.

Matter of fact. You get a keg of Yeungling for your toy and make me and SD wings and we'll watch at your house.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:56 pm

non bounce gibbrish

peeker643 wrote:

I barely even go into Boardman unless I HAVE to and you wanna go here? Why do you think I live in Poland, anyway?

Can I borrow your gun?

Find a place then man. Make it happen. I'll take Friday off but if I ain't back by Monday they'll start looking for pieces of my body when they see this thread.

Matter of fact. You get a keg of Yeungling for your toy and make me and SD wings and we'll watch at your house.

Iffin you'd be willing to schlep down to the Valley you got a place to stay in my guest room if you don't want to make the long drive back up. I can get us a DD for that night, too. I'll slide a $ 50 under your pillow if you promise to discretely off Angela's stupid cat. No questions and plausible deniability, please. Then agian, if she drives that's kind of harsh I guess. She really does have the dumbest cat I've ever met though. Thing is chromozonilly challeneged in some way.

Greg, somewhere friggin civilized like Youngstown Sports Grill, or I guess peeker could bring his arsenal if you want us to go die at that outside 422 beltway hell hole ? Or if you aren't skeert of getting profiled, we can do this thing at the mancave with a kegger of Yuengling like Peeker suggests. You can get to my crib via Clingan through Struthers and proably make it OK. Some brothers live in Struthers casue that like rymes and shit. I could have you pull right into the garage and shut the door before you get out of the car. I could make it so no one would even know a Black man was in Poland.

JDJ, you're in Boardman, right. You want in? Anyone else in the Valley or want to treck down?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:30 pm

jb wrote:non bounce gibbrish

peeker643 wrote:

Can I borrow your gun?

Iffin you'd be willing to schlep down to the Valley you got a place to stay in my guest room if you don't want to make the long drive back up. I can get us a DD for that night, too. I'll slide a $ 50 under your pillow if you promise to discretely off Angela's stupid cat. No questions and plausible deniability, please. Then agian, if she drives that's kind of harsh I guess. She really does have the dumbest cat I've ever met though. Thing is chromozonilly challeneged in some way.

Greg, somewhere friggin civilized like Youngstown Sports Grill, or I guess peeker could bring his arsenal if you want us to go die at that outside 422 beltway hell hole ? Or if you aren't skeert of getting profiled, we can do this thing at the mancave with a kegger of Yuengling like Peeker suggests. You can get to my crib via Clingan through Struthers and proably make it OK. Some brothers live in Struthers casue that like rymes and shit. I could have you pull right into the garage and shut the door before you get out of the car. I could make it so no one would even know a Black man was in Poland.

JDJ, you're in Boardman, right. You want in? Anyone else in the Valley or want to treck down?

SD:

Man grow a pair , you didn't see me backing down when I was the first Black guy before and since to ever bust suds and break bed at the Columbiana VFW with the good old boys , this ain't like the himrod progressive where you get buzzed in and you can hear guys like Plaxico drop their watches on the floor when they ain't payin attention.

So Don't be skeerit , The Roayal Oaks is a White owned bar in a mixed neighborhood , this ain't Charlie Staples Ribs and Chicken although there ain't nothing wrong with that because he has big screen Plasma Tv's and plenty of room to get noisy and he's a Browns and Cavs fan

Don't judge a book by its cover , safest bar you ever gonna step into like a family, Ygst Cops play darts there and its a mixed bar just like La Villa on Ygst Poland Road right under your nose .

John is as cool as they come and where else you gonna find a white bar in a mixed neighborhood that touts the Browns, plus there are five escape routes if you been drinking too much , and it ain't Jive like Boardman or Austintown with numbnutts marking your tires and laying in the weeds to pump up your insurance rates.

Food is great , blue collar crowd and everybody minds there own damn business.

There, or LaVilla two miles from your house in Struthers great Italian , Browns flavor but small town gauntlet on your way out.

You go to BW3's you might as well go to Mcdonalds and order a Cheeseburger ,uncomfortable seats College food and Sheeler fans everywhere.

Jimmy would more than accommodate us at Molly's bar on the west side . but there ain't a lotta room even though the grilled Hot sausage sandwhiches are the bomb.

Don't matter to me , but Poland don't like relatives so God pity strangers ,
I know i don't need that hassle if I'm planning on having a few and
enjoying myself and exiting at night on those roads less traveled makes for easy pickings .So thanks but no thanks .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:36 pm

FUDU wrote:SD blabbering about draft prospects is one thing but now he's talkin wings, and best in the state? Sorry but SD as the food critic is where I draw the line, if SD says "you gotta try these wings" then you might as well deep fry a turd and sprinkle some lemon pepper on it, the odds are about equal that either are edible.

SD:

Donny If I tell ya a place has good food , then sell your house and buy stocks with that info .

There are just some things nobody can touch me about.

"""But there is a dirty little secret…while the bar operation points to an eclectic group of hard core bar dudes, the food here is outstanding. I wouldn’t have believed it had I not tried it myself. And the people in the booths along the side of the bar, who looked more like me than the guys at the bar, know the same thing.

This is close to the top, if not at the top of the list, of the best BBQ I have ever had anywhere. The BBQ recipes are from the old Ohio Pig House, slightly modified. The ribs are all baby back ribs, smoked with cherry wood, and rubbed with secret spices, and smothered in a raspberry BBQ sauce, hot or mild…are you ready to die yet? Sop those Idora fries up in the sauce, and you will be. But at least you will die happy!!!! Whoa, Mama!!!! In addition, it has wings and burgers, all of which are supposed to be superb, as reported by my son. I trust him. He didn’t steer me wrong on the ribs.""""

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:09 pm

Poland, Strutters, Boardman...don't matter to me. I'd be down for something.

To SD's point, the Oaks aint dangerous...outside the Oaks is dangerous, Just hustle from you car to the door. But still not sure its an ideal place to watch the draft. Wings and ribs are fuckn good tho.

Davidsons in Cornersburg?
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:01 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Poland, Strutters, Boardman...don't matter to me. I'd be down for something.

To SD's point, the Oaks aint dangerous...outside the Oaks is dangerous, Just hustle from you car to the door. But still not sure its an ideal place to watch the draft. Wings and ribs are fuckn good tho.

Davidsons in Cornersburg?

SD:

The ambiance for a few guys at the Royal will be worth a book by itself , but no matter

Also checked at the Creekside Golf Dome if we're gonna get a big crowd , Golf simulators pooltables keno and the Dome is open to 10 for hitting buckets , stock beer , nothin special and you have to call in food from Belleria or Uptown Pizza .

New place on South Ave , called Daves IIRC they advertise a sandwhich , that looks like a meal for three , have you tried it.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby FUDU » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:39 am

JB can I get dibs on the cat if Peeker passes, my Komodo Dragon loves cats, you won't even have to pay me.

FUDU

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:05 am

SD, hanging with you, peeker, and jb at the oaks would be well worth the price of admission. I think.

Can you guarantee clear sight lines?

Creekside golf dome... Is that the one in Girard?

Uptown pizza is the shit

I honestly don't care
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:39 am

You guys should go to BW3s in Austintown, everytime I am home I ride over there to laugh at the only bar I have seen in five years with over 15 tube TVs and big screen projectors instead of flat screens.

And SD, don't listen to JB. You show me a black man that drives down 224 in Poland and I'll show you a ticket and a boot out of Canfield's little sisters prime grounds.

And I had plenty of post practice beers at Royal Oaks, stop hating.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:47 pm

Down with LaVilla. Good place. You could work on me about the Oaks and I would cave proly, but I was gonna see if Angela would drive so I don't have to. LaVilla no problem. A few blocks away. Oaks? Little more of a haul and dunno about here crusng around by her lonesome if she meets us up to haul my carcass home. I'd be down with that with you and me doin a feed there, but for draft day need some TV's and space.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And SD, don't listen to JB. You show me a black man that drives down 224 in Poland and I'll show you a ticket and a boot out of Canfield's little sisters prime grounds.

They don't call it Klanfield for nuthin.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:56 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You guys should go to BW3s in Austintown, everytime I am home I ride over there to laugh at the only bar I have seen in five years with over 15 tube TVs and big screen projectors instead of flat screens.

And SD, don't listen to JB. You show me a black man that drives down 224 in Poland and I'll show you a ticket and a boot out of Canfield's little sisters prime grounds.

And I had plenty of post practice beers at Royal Oaks, stop hating.

SD:

JB hates me , because mom loved me better .

On 224 the speed limit into Poland is 25 mph heading in , but 40 mph heading out , theory being you didn't need to profile anybody exiting. Hell before I retired , I put in one of the culvert bridges where Struthers and Poland meet and used some of their guys as traffic control , The young ones admitted they hate their own because their so effin miserable .

Their nickname is the Black Nights , because white nights was taken.

The Oaks is the fer sure shizzle , the guys who formed the stuff and made the pound what it was , and the muni a horror show for the other teams .

Guys still got their "D " batteries should ellway make a comeback.

Cheers was the movie , the Oaks is reality.

Called the barmaid and she named me about six beers on draft , killians Guinness lablatts pabst and two others which i forgot that quick and she'll set us up our own table in the back should we get a crowd too big for the booths.

Didn't check , but IIRC Thursday is rib day , so those award winning mouth watering suckers are even cheaper , so make sure you take some home and you might get permission to get out more ,.....all except those on permanent lockdown who shall remain nameless

:yes:

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:39 pm

All I need is a time and rendezvous point. I'm here when you fellas figure it out.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:15 pm

JFC, this thread sounds like the fucking side effects of a TV drug ad....

Come to Erie, you can walk anywhere any time of night, its impossible to get lost and no cops will be lying in wait

I'll rent a shuttle and we'll watch it at the Casion, then go downtown and bar hop the 100 or so bars available
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:09 pm

Yeah but Erie is patrolled by an Angry Midget that frequents "Japanese Steak Houses"

That immediately disqualifies it.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:09 pm

peeker643 wrote:All I need is a time and rendezvous point. I'm here when you fellas figure it out.

Apparently you have to avoid midgets and The Klan.

What about a Midget in the Klan? That would be terrible.

Here's a couple facts that I did not make up.

A) If you hit a midget in the head with a stick, he turns into 10 gold coins.

2) If you kick a midget in the nuts he turns into 10 squirrels.

D) More than 4 midgets gathered together in public, that ain't legal.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:16 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Yeah but Erie is patrolled by an Angry Midget that frequents "Japanese Steak Houses"

That immediately disqualifies it.

Nah...he moved to Iowa
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:19 pm

I was talking about PBT CDT.

You're best friend ever, remember?
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:22 pm

Why avoid him? Shove him in a trash can and toss him in the lake. Problem solved.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:22 am

Second of all, good music, tits.

FUDU

Unread postby jb » Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:32 am

SD & JDJ, Peeker is in if you two are as well.

LaVilla on the 28th at about 5:30 ? ?

BTW - this isn't a closed thing. If yuou wanna jump in, add on.
jb

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 12:45 pm

jb wrote:SD & JDJ, Peeker is in if you two are as well.

LaVilla on the 28th at about 5:30 ? ?

BTW - this isn't a closed thing. If yuou wanna jump in, add on.

SD:

Cool catch ya around 6:30 or so.
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:34 am

First meeting of the week and the morning and the end result is me going to Columbia, SC next Tuesday afternoon and returning Friday afternoon.

That's how life is going right now.

Apologies.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:52 am

peeker643 wrote:First meeting of the week and the morning and the end result is me going to Columbia, SC next Tuesday afternoon and returning Friday afternoon.

Apologies.

No sweat , I'll work on some Brownie points by tellin the ole lady i'd rather watch the draft with her instead of some smelly ole bar :)
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:13 am

I'm grateful I have job in this economy.

I just wish it was one I wasn't hating more each day.

Columbia requires flying into the spoke in Charlotte. I like to avoid that. I also prefer Charleston 1000x over Columbia.

We need to make something happen though.

Before we die off. ;-) ;) :wink:

SoulDawg74 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:First meeting of the week and the morning and the end result is me going to Columbia, SC next Tuesday afternoon and returning Friday afternoon.

Apologies.

No sweat , I'll work on some Brownie points by tellin the ole lady i'd rather watch the draft with her instead of some smelly ole bar :)

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:27 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Apologies.

Disappointing for Peeker, but I'm still in mang, if you are. I'll hang out wichu & JDJ.

Bring ur Lady if you want. Ehrone loves me.
jb

Unread postby hiko » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:28 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:We are on the verge of the greatest duo since Lenny and Squiggy. Kneel in awe, all who witness this union.

A truly great line, that one.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am

Don't think I can make it now either...got some family issues.

I'm sure we'll have plenty of opportunities to get together during the summer with the Tribe playoff push ;)
JacksonDysonJackson

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL