Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Kyrie coming out ?

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Tired of the dumb fucks that support a bad product with no remorse



I get it. You're in your Bud Fox years. You'll come around. :group:
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby papacass » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:27 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:And again, I like Barnes as a guy with our second pick as well, just am real scared by his complete inability to create a shot and his less than ideal catch and shoot while having a guy within 10 yards of him FG splits.


Barnes isn't going to last until the Cavs' second 1R pick. The Clips are going to deliver us a pick in the 8-10 range. Barnes' performance in the NCAA Tournament just pushed him back into the top five, maybe even top three.

With Sullinger committing to OSU for another year, it's really starting to look like the top three picks are going to be Irving, Williams and Barnes in some order. The most attractive picks at the Clips' slot will probably be Leonard, one of the Morris twins or Valanciunas, the Lithuanian seven-footer.

I'm not counting on Knight still being there at 8-10. He's been getting better as the tournament has gone on, and if he has a killer Final Four, he's going to be running up Kyrie's back for the title of best PG in the draft. It may not be a true assessment from a talent/skill standpoint, but Knight will be a certifiable hot property if he blows up next weekend. He could feasibly go as high as the 4-5 slot if he gets enough momentum.
User avatar
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:40 pm

papacass wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:And again, I like Barnes as a guy with our second pick as well, just am real scared by his complete inability to create a shot and his less than ideal catch and shoot while having a guy within 10 yards of him FG splits.


Barnes isn't going to last until the Cavs' second 1R pick. The Clips are going to deliver us a pick in the 8-10 range. Barnes' performance in the NCAA Tournament just pushed him back into the top five, maybe even top three.

With Sullinger committing to OSU for another year, it's really starting to look like the top three picks are going to be Irving, Williams and Barnes in some order. The most attractive picks at the Clips' slot will probably be Leonard, one of the Morris twins or Valanciunas, the Lithuanian seven-footer.

I'm not counting on Knight still being there at 8-10. He's been getting better as the tournament has gone on, and if he has a killer Final Four, he's going to be running up Kyrie's back for the title of best PG in the draft. It may not be a true assessment from a talent/skill standpoint, but Knight will be a certifiable hot property if he blows up next weekend. He could feasibly go as high as the 4-5 slot if he gets enough momentum.



Not feeling it.

Dude is 20/56 from the floor in this tourney. He shoots poorly against guys that can defend and move with him. In fact, in the OSU win and the princeton win the only thing keeping him from being William Buford is one shot falling. Literally so in the Princeton game.

You don't know if he can defend on the ball when he has Harrelson and Jones behind him. Jesus, if Craft could finish he'd have scored 10 points on blow-bys of Knight alone.

No way is he a top 5 guy in this draft.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:42 pm

Kanter... Valla.... Perry Jones (will go high, no matter what), Williams, Kemba, Knight, Leonard, Barnes, other Jones, etc....

We know who the top 5-8 are going to be right now.

Now if you can tell me the last time film and workouts between the end of the tourney and the draft itself didn't turn all that shit upside down I'll call you a liar because that time never happened.

Every single prospect in this draft has huge question marks. Kyrie is the most complete but also played 13 games all year.

These guys are all in an hour glass right now and it is going to be shaken and mixed a thousand times between now and the draft. Let's not pretend like players get drafted off of nothing more than the NCAA tourney for the most part. One or two guys (like Kemba "Mo" Williams) blow up on the draft boards, but it is far from the determining factor in most things.

That said, fuck, you told me the Cavs "had" to take Perry Jones at number one just over a month ago.

Edit: if one of the twins goes in the top seven you can have my account. I'll wager my posting eternity that don't happen.
Last edited by e0y2e3 on Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:45 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:These guys are all in an hour glass right now and it is going to be shaken and mixed a thousand times between now and the draft. Let's not pretend like players get drafted off of nothing more than the NCAA tourney for the most part. One or two guys (like Kemba "Mo" Williams) blow up on the draft boards, but it is far from the determining factor in most things.

That said, fuck, you told me the Cavs "had" to take Perry Jones at number one just over a month ago.


If the NCAA tourney was a true barometer of NBA success Harold The Show Arceneaux would be a HOFer. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby papacass » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:Not feeling it.

Dude is 20/56 from the floor in this tourney. He shoots poorly against guys that can defend and move with him. In fact, in the OSU win and the princeton win the only thing keeping him from being William Buford is one shot falling. Literally so in the Princeton game.

You don't know if he can defend on the ball when he has Harrelson and Jones behind him. Jesus, if Craft could finish he'd have scored 10 points on blow-bys of Knight alone.

No way is he a top 5 guy in this draft.


Certainly not yet. My qualifier is what Knight does in the next two games. If he looks really good against Walker and Mack/Rodriguez, his draft stock jumps. Honestly, who is standing between him and the five spot right now? The Joneses? Alec Burks? Donatas Motiejunas? Jimmer Fredette?

If he's a 10 pick right now, being the lead player on a national title winner jumps him to serious contention for the fifth pick. There isn't a whole lot standing between 5 and 10 right now. Which may be a commentary on the state of this draft, but the point about Knight's draft stock still stands.
User avatar
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:07 pm

No one you just mentioned aside from Perry Jones will go in the top five and what Knight does in the next two games has no impact on that.

And when did Kemba's defense become good enough to define the opposing PG?

If Knight creeps into the top five it is because he does have real nice upside, the next two games don't matter. Apparently in your mind the last three do though, so who knows.

You're like a chick that is window shopping right now. Seasonal and easily persuaded.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby papacass » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:19 pm

All I know is this draft is a jumbled mess, probably more so at the top end than any draft in recent memory. It's not going to take a lot to shuffle the deck five picks one way or another.

Draft slots are supposed to be based on a season's body of work, but in a draft like this, with no real anchor players, there isn't a lot of definitive evidence. Irving, a consensus top three pick by most measurements, played in 13 games all year. The other two guys digging a toehold in the top three are Williams, who came out of nowhere to have a great sophomore season, and Barnes, who was a bust in January.

If I'm being a changeable window-shopping chick, heaven knows what NBA teams are going through right now.
User avatar
papacass
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:35 am
Location: Fairview Park, OH
Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Sure, but the top pick as Irving is pretty etched in stone.

After that you have a jumbled mess for the next 5-10 prospects making a tier.

Then you have "the next tier"

Right now Knight floating between the last tier and the second tier.

Jumbled mess, sure, but clear tiers exist. Barnes and Williams are the guys that have and will continue to bounce between 2 and 7 for the next forever.

Most of the guys you just mentioned are legit at best 15-20 guys.

Again, watch barnes closely, look at his splits, there is reason for doubt and most years he would prob be a 7-12 guy for sure. And you really discount valla and Kanter pulling the standard foreign jump that we have seen a thousand times.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:08 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApjbF75H5_A0FfU3f5xezPC8vLYF?slug=mc-oden_injury_return_sam_bowie_blazers040111

Skip down. Doesn't seem like there is much reluctance to come out in the draft for UC's. Nice.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby waborat » Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:24 pm

jb wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApjbF75H5_A0FfU3f5xezPC8vLYF?slug=mc-oden_injury_return_sam_bowie_blazers040111

Skip down. Doesn't seem like there is much reluctance to come out in the draft for UC's. Nice.


Sweet, so the Cavs will have their choice between Jimmer, Norris Cole or one of the immigrants
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby fundamentals » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 am

Enes Kanter. :dingle:

Just hope he isn't Jiri Welch. :hide:
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:49 pm

waborat wrote:
jb wrote:http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=ApjbF75H5_A0FfU3f5xezPC8vLYF?slug=mc-oden_injury_return_sam_bowie_blazers040111

Skip down. Doesn't seem like there is much reluctance to come out in the draft for UC's. Nice.


Sweet, so the Cavs will have their choice between Jimmer, Norris Cole or one of the immigrants



nah, man, the UC's will want to come out.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:57 pm

Kyrie just announced that he is in for the draft.

Barnes still on the fence and leaning toward staying him.

Henson staying at UNC.

Sullinger is still short and won't be a better prospect after another year.

Oh and the top three are all per Ford's Twitter. Find yer own damn links.

Now get ready to land the fourth pick and end up with Perry Jones and Jimmer with our two picks. (at which point my head will explode)
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:10 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Kyrie just announced that he is in for the draft.

Barnes still on the fence and leaning toward staying him.

Henson staying at UNC.

Sullinger is still short and won't be a better prospect after another year.

Oh and the top three are all per Ford's Twitter. Find yer own damn links.

Now get ready to land the fourth pick and end up with Perry Jones and Jimmer with our two picks. (at which point my head will explode)



5th pick once they are passed by the Wolves in the Shittiest Team in the League Derby

Kyrie coming out guarantees it since he's about the only prospect I have no reservations about at all.

What I don't want is B Knight. I'm not sure that dude could hit the floor if he drops the ball.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22664
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 5:22 pm

Someone should make Kemba and Knight play a game of horse.

It would make eyes all across the nation bleed.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:09 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Now get ready to land the fourth pick and end up with Perry Jones and Jimmer with our two picks. (at which point my head will explode)



Chin up. We could still end up buildng this the right way in your mind. Like the Bucks.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:26 am

Bucks were building the right way, then decided fuck it and spent a billion dollars last year.

And let’s not forget, no team in the league has lost even 75% as many starters minutes to injuries as the Bucks. A lot of shit went wrong there. There may only be one player in this draft as raw talented as Jennings and No big as talented as Bogut (even though he ain’t himself this year, needs another off-season to rehab ripping his arm in half).
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:00 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Bucks were building the right way, then decided fuck it and spent a billion dollars last year.

And let’s not forget, no team in the league has lost even 75% as many starters minutes to injuries as the Bucks. A lot of shit went wrong there. There may only be one player in this draft as raw talented as Jennings and No big as talented as Bogut (even though he ain’t himself this year, needs another off-season to rehab ripping his arm in half).



I know. I was just being a doosh and needling you a lil. :dingle:
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 am

Just so long as you don't start pimping Kemba we cool.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:39 am

Is there any way Minnesota takes Irving at #1 even if they do win the lottery?

Didn't they take 11 PGs last year?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:08 am

pup wrote:Is there any way Minnesota takes Irving at #1 even if they do win the lottery?

Didn't they take 11 PGs last year?


Well, in 2009 they inexplicably picked Johnny Flynn and Rubio, right? I'm not sure either one of those guys is going to prevent them from picking Irving.

Not sure who they took last year.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:12 am

They signed Luke Ridnour last year.

And the answer is no. Kahn does what Kahn wants and he has already declared that Rubio may never play for them, but he is a genius for owning his trade rights (and Rubio blew goats balls this year and is possibly the most overhyped prospect ever)

Johnny Flynn also blows. He and Kemba attended the same school of overratedness.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby StewieG » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:40 am

No. If Minnesota gets the first pick, they pick Irving. No question.
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:33 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:They signed Luke Ridnour last year.

And the answer is no. Kahn does what Kahn wants and he has already declared that Rubio may never play for them, but he is a genius for owning his trade rights (and Rubio blew goats balls this year and is possibly the most overhyped prospect ever)

Johnny Flynn also blows. He and Kemba attended the same school of overratedness.



I thought Flynn went to Syracuse. THE school of overratedness.

scarcasmemoticonfreebicthes
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:55 pm

“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:25 pm

StewieG wrote:No. If Minnesota gets the first pick, they pick Irving. No question.


Any whispers they've been tanking here late in the yr, esp. since Kyrie showed in the NCAAs he's on the mend?
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby waborat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:52 pm

Anyone hearing anything about Miller and/or Lamb leaving UK as well?
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:29 pm

Perry Jones staying in school.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:50 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Perry Jones staying in school.


Shit. We might end up with Kemba due to lack of options. Are there going to be enough players to actually complete an entire draft?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby metalhead9x9 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 6:31 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Perry Jones staying in school.


Cancel the 2011-12 season, please (Not because of PJIII, moreso the shittiness of this year's draft and the potential kickassery of next year's).
User avatar
metalhead9x9
 
Posts: 626
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:51 pm
Favorite Player: Schaudenfraude
Least Favorite Player: Jeffrey Maier

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby waborat » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:05 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Perry Jones staying in school.


Lil surprised...

Oh well, not in our garage
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:28 am

Good.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
User avatar
Orenthal
 
Posts: 4182
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 pm
Location: The Midd Heights
Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:59 pm

D-Will II in.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby StewieG » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:20 am

chadfordinsider: Sources say Wolves, Cavs, Raps, Jazz and Kings would all take Kyrie Irving 1. Wiz, Pistons & Bucks - Barnes or Williams
StewieG
 
Posts: 4023
Joined: Tue Jun 13, 2006 10:21 pm
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:48 am

StewieG wrote:
chadfordinsider: Sources say Wolves, Cavs, Raps, Jazz and Kings would all take Kyrie Irving 1. Wiz, Pistons & Bucks - Barnes or Williams


Odds to get #1 pick are below.
So add Cavs' 19.9% and 2.8% to = 22.7%- right?
And their chances to get Irving would be their % + the sum of those who wouldn't select him?

Cavs + Wiz + Pistons + Bucks = an even 40%.

Timberwolves 25.0%
Cavaliers 19.9%
Raptors 15.6%
Wizards 11.9%
Jazz (from Nets) 7.6%
Kings 7.5%
Pistons 4.3%
Cavaliers (from Clippers) 2.8%
Bobcats 1.7%
Bucks 1.1%
Warriors 0.8%
Jazz 0.7%
Suns 0.6%
Rockets 0.5%
User avatar
googleeph2
 
Posts: 1710
Joined: Thu Jul 06, 2006 8:40 am
Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby JJN » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:12 pm

Kyrie probably goes first even if the team already has a good or great PG. He will probably net more through trade than whatever you would get from the rest of the picks in this draft.

Someone to keep an eye on with our Clippers pick is Bismack Biyombo, who has been rocketing up the boards. Looks Serge Ibaka-esque at 6'9 with a 7'7 wingspan and some good hops. Absolutely dominant defensively at the Nike Hoops Summit and leads his Euroleague in rebounds per minute.
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Bis ... layerblog/
JJN
 
Posts: 429
Joined: Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:25 pm
Location: Erie, PA
Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: David Stern

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:28 pm

I just mentioned Bismack elsewhere and agree that he is a serious option with that pick now.

Leonard also just declared who I wouldn't mind at all there either. In a draft this shitty a great lock down defender/rebounder that can score with energy isn't a terrible prospect.

That said Ford claims we are looking at Knight, Jimmer and Kemba with that second pick if we don't get Kyrie. That makes me want to hang myself. I also highly doubt Ford having that detailed of info locked down this early in the process.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:57 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:I just mentioned Bismack elsewhere and agree that he is a serious option with that pick now.

Leonard also just declared who I wouldn't mind at all there either. In a draft this shitty a great lock down defender/rebounder that can score with energy isn't a terrible prospect.

That said Ford claims we are looking at Knight, Jimmer and Kemba with that second pick if we don't get Kyrie. That makes me want to hang myself. I also highly doubt Ford having that detailed of info locked down this early in the process.


That Ford has us taking some Euro named Jan at 8?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby Triple-S » Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:03 pm

That Euro named Jan has me a bit nervous...
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6374
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:23 am

Being a UK fan, I watched a lot of Jones and Knight. Neither is a can't miss prospect. Jones, is one, I would stay away from. There is potential there, but he takes forever to get his shot off, can't go right, average passer, and really another year under Calipari would serve him well. I would be shocked to see him go in the top ten, but considering how weak this draft is, maybe I shouldn't be. He did seem to have some attitude issues early on, but I do think Cal got through to him, and didn't hear any rumblings later in the year.

Knight will be a fine NBA player. He reminds me of Mark Price. He will shoot over 40% from outside the arch and is a clutch player for the most part. His defensive presence improved greatly over the season. Calipari is underrated when it comes to getting his kids to play defense. I expect Knight to continue to improve defensively. His play making ability improved, but is not NBA quality. It may never be. He has to many turnovers, and his passing sucks.

Lamb and Miller are staying by the latest accounts.
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 am

e0y2e3 wrote:I just mentioned Bismack elsewhere and agree that he is a serious option with that pick now.


Cool. Blood and Iron. Reminds me of the old Riles Knick teams.


Image

PS - When did CDT replace Dunphy?
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:53 am

Harison Barnes staying at UNC. We are going to end up with the 5th and 10th pick, I can feel it.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7062
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Kyrie coming out ?

Unread postby waborat » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Ziner wrote:Harison Barnes staying at UNC. We are going to end up with the 5th and 10th pick, I can feel it.


Hell, trade for Rip and get the 9th as well
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Previous

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests