Text Size

No Holds Barred

For The Beggin JB - 5 ?s

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

For The Beggin JB - 5 ?s

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:55 am

1. Other than Dick Jacobs, who is/was the best Cleveland sport's owner in your lifetime?

2. What has been your favorite local sport's venue?

3. What's the most coin who've ever spent on suds/concessions at a sporting event?

4. Who's been the best Browns, Cavs & Indians broadcaster in your lifetime (one for each)?

5. What's your bucket list sporting event you'd love to see live in your lifetime?
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: For The Beggin JB - 5 ?s

Unread postby swerb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:38 am

1. Other than Dick Jacobs, who is/was the best Cleveland sport's owner in your lifetime?

Jesus. Thinking about the answer to this is really sobering. Pass.

Old Municipal Stadium (for Browns games) and Jacobs/Progressive field were/are incredible venues to watch a sporting event in. Especially in the playoffs or for big games.

3. What's the most coin who've ever spent on suds/concessions at a sporting event?

Good one. Want to say the Indians/Yankees game four of the 2007 ALDS, the Joba bug game. Remember leaving work at like 2-3, running up a several hundred dollar bar tab before the game, and then dropping at least another hundy on beers at the game for a big group of TCF'ers that all went. All of us standing on top the left field wall.

4. Who's been the best Browns, Cavs & Indians broadcaster in your lifetime (one for each)?

Nev, Tait, Hammie

5. What's your bucket list sporting event you'd love to see live in your lifetime?

Never been to a Kentucky Derby or a Final Four. Sunday at Augusta would be awesome as well.

Obviously, seeing a Cleveland team win a title live would usurp all of that.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Apr 15, 2011 7:50 am

Tough one. For a period of time it'd have to be Gordon Gund. He hired a quality GM in Embry and stepped back and let him do his work.

Cleveland Municipal Stadium for Browns games both regular season and playoffs and Opening Day for baseball. The place was old, cold, rusted, falling apart but that was it's character and what made it such a fun place. Nothing to distract you from the game ala jumbotrons and all the other bells and whistles you have now.

There were many Browns games where I was buying beers for our group of 11 season ticket holders. Was drunk enough not to know how much or really care.

Browns: Nev hands down with Gib Shanley second
Indians: Hamilton
Cavs: Can it be anyone else other than Joe Tait?

For myself it would probably be The Masters followed by the College World Series
For me and my son it'll be heading out to the Little League World Series. Just something the two of us can share together that I was unable to have w/ my absentee father
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby General » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 am

Me in the Golden Coins Fantasy Baseball "Simple minded draft for simple minded people" Finished in the money every year until I left for warmer climes.

Municipal for Browns, Jacobs for Tribe, and The Palace for Euclid baseball.

Well over a hundred at "The Drive" game.
Gib, Tait, Hammy
Derby, Super Bowl(Browns in), Tribe World series win, A game in each MLB park.
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby skatingtripods » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:31 am

Considering my choices are limited, Dan Gilbert...but as the owner of the Lake Erie Monsters

The Jake. No doubt.

I'm not sure I have ever validated spending $8 on a beer. I'll drink $5 pitchers at the Clevelander before and after instead. I've bought probably $100 worth of various $1 beers at Aeros games when I went to Akron or at Monsters games.

Hammy. He owns this category and no others need be named. I do really enjoy Paul Keels and Jim Lachey though.

Indians World Series Winning Game. I'd love to feel the atmosphere of a Stanley Cup final game. An Olympic gold medal hockey game would be cool too, especially in a different country with their team in the final.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:23 am

No such thing.

Flip of a coin between Muni and the Jake, have seen way too many incredible games at both.

Probably the day game (of a day nighter) at the Jake in 96 (Nagy pitched a gem IIRC), 3rd base side 3rd row aisle seat had 8-9 beers before they shut it down, so 9*whatever beers were then ($5, seems like a steal now). After the game went to the Basement from like 4-10 and spent another $75, I consider that all part of the "event".

Nev, Tait, Hamilton

Tough call, IMO it has to be one in which you have a vested interest, so while Sunday at Augusta would be a great thing to do not to sure I'd be that vested in the excitement and drama of the outcome, I mean I don't see myself making the cut anytime soon you know what I'm sayin. Probably a game 7 WS or AFCCG w/Cleveland in it.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:33 am

waborat wrote:1. Other than Dick Jacobs, who is/was the best Cleveland sport's owner in your lifetime?

1. Gordon Gund for dolding the Rockers. Women's hoops is pure brutaility on a beautiful sport.

2. Dix Stadium

3. Does this include the subsequent legal fees and fines resulting from the beverage purchases?

4. Nev, Paul Porter, Herbie's dulcet tones

5.Cleveland Browns beating Pittsburgh in the AFC Title game 52 0
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Greener » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:26 pm

I agree with some of the others who named Gordon Gund

Old Cleveland Stadium would be an easy choice, but the Richfield Coliseum was an awesome place to go watch the Miracle of Richfield games

I really dont remember, and in reality probably dont want to remember

Browns= Gib Shanley
Cavs= Joe Tait
Indians= Herb Score

I have been very lucky to attend bcs championship game, final four, world series, nba finals, Indy 500, Daytona 500 and the Masters. All which have included teams I support. The only remaining game is the Super Bowl and I am waiting for the Browns, and my kids tell me that I should bite the bullett and go because I may die waiting and never get the chance to go.
Greener

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from U of M

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:34 pm

He's the only one
The Jake. War Memorial Stadium down here- holds the district baseball tournament every spring, and college wood bat league baseball in the summer. Cheap seats and beers.
Last time I saw the Tribe play. Nothing but GL beer before and during the game. Counting dinner, I was in over 2 hundy.
Donovan & Hammy.
Browns SB victory. I plan on living a while.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby peeker643 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:11 pm

I don't care about your answers Dave- I'm just glad you remembered your username and password ;-) ;) :wink:

Hope all is well.

Greener wrote:1. Other than Dick Jacobs, who is/was the best Cleveland sport's owner in your lifetime?

I agree with some of the others who named Gordon Gund

Old Cleveland Stadium would be an easy choice, but the Richfield Coliseum was an awesome place to go watch the Miracle of Richfield games

I really dont remember, and in reality probably dont want to remember

Browns= Gib Shanley
Cavs= Joe Tait
Indians= Herb Score

I have been very lucky to attend bcs championship game, final four, world series, nba finals, Indy 500, Daytona 500 and the Masters. All which have included teams I support. The only remaining game is the Super Bowl and I am waiting for the Browns, and my kids tell me that I should bite the bullett and go because I may die waiting and never get the chance to go.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Greener » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:20 pm

Thanks Brian, hope the wife and girls are all doing well. Since our moms decided to travel back in time and break bread together, I decided to try and give this board a bit more time. I have not seen Uncle Dan in a long time, what is doing these days?
Greener

Favorite Player: Bernie Kosar
Least Favorite Player: Anyone from U of M

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:24 pm

waborat wrote:1. Other than Dick Jacobs, who is/was the best Cleveland sport's owner in your lifetime?

1) I do not give a SHIT about who owns what. Their all commie scum to me.

2) The Shoe. There are no other venues that even come close.

3) Probably a few hundred bucks. I took my brother and a couple of his crazy ass Lima Co. Marines to a Bluejackets game. $7 beers do add up.

4) Tait, Score, not sure for the Brownies.

5) Any Cleveland team winning it all. I'd settle for the 9th Street Panthers winning the over 60 Bowling League at this point.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:06 pm

Greener wrote:Indians= Herb Score

About time someone got this one right :thumb up:

Welcome back, Dave. Still bustin scum?
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly