Text Size

No Holds Barred

FBI Says Soviets Fabricated Demjanjuk Evidence

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

FBI Says Soviets Fabricated Demjanjuk Evidence

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:34 pm

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wir ... d=13358386

Thought I'd post this since it has a local angle, and everybody's familiar with this never-ending story. An FBI report says they think the Soviet Union "quite likely fabricated" the key piece of evidence against Demjanjuk, just as his attorneys have claimed from the start....
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Re: FBI Says Soviets Fabricated Demjanjuk Evidence

Unread postby leadpipe » Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm 40 years old, and I gotta say, I can't ever remember a time in my life where this guy WASN'T going through this legal shit.

Mind you, if he's guilty, who cares, and I'm far from an expert but.....if you've had thirty years to figure out what the hell went on with the guy and still can't get your shit straight, you probably should let the guy be.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:50 pm

I am at a loss to think of a single individual ever treated more poorly by the government in a non -lethal situation. What this man has been put thru in his life is just about unfathomably cruel.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:39 am

leadpipe wrote:I'm 40 years old, and I gotta say, I can't ever remember a time in my life where this guy WASN'T going through this legal shit.

Mind you, if he's guilty, who cares, and I'm far from an expert but.....if you've had thirty years to figure out what the hell went on with the guy and still can't get your shit straight, you probably should let the guy be.

Agreed, there obviously has to be some level of doubt if they have had 30 years to prove who this guy was.
Love child of shawn kemp

Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:35 pm

jb wrote:I am at a loss to think of a single individual ever treated more poorly by the government in a non -lethal situation. What this man has been put thru in his life is just about unfathomably cruel.

If he is truly innocent then I agree 100%, but if he is guilty then I think he's had it unfathomably easy for most of his life.

FTR I think he is not guilty.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:48 pm

Wasn't this guy acquited by an Israeli court?
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby googleeph2 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Maybe the most extreme case of TCE ever.
googleeph2

Favorite Player: Todd Beamer
Least Favorite Player: .

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:53 pm

googleeph2 wrote:Maybe the most extreme case of TCE ever.

:lmfao:

FUDU

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:17 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Wasn't this guy acquited by an Israeli court?

I think his conviction was thrown out for evidentiary reasons. Not quite the same but it speaks to something....
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:42 pm

FUDU wrote:
jb wrote:I am at a loss to think of a single individual ever treated more poorly by the government in a non -lethal situation. What this man has been put thru in his life is just about unfathomably cruel.

If he is truly innocent then I agree 100%, but if he is guilty then I think he's had it unfathomably easy for most of his life.

FTR I think he is not guilty.

Without question.

But you shouldn't get 30 years to "if" while the guys life is put on hold - or worse.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:38 am

I get what your saying lead but man when you're in a search for truth is there really a time limit? The whole thing is a shame in so many respects, from the angle that it totally looks like this guy is innocent and his life has been made a living hell to the angle of what a waste of resources in doing all this.

Is is better for him to be innocent of the alleged crimes and yet had to endure all this, or better that he was guilty all this time and endured this, if we screwed this up which way was the better way to error?

FUDU

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:31 am

FUDU wrote:I get what your saying lead but man when you're in a search for truth is there really a time limit? The whole thing is a shame in so many respects, from the angle that it totally looks like this guy is innocent and his life has been made a living hell to the angle of what a waste of resources in doing all this.

Is is better for him to be innocent of the alleged crimes and yet had to endure all this, or better that he was guilty all this time and endured this, if we screwed this up which way was the better way to error?

Not that simple because of the way this has unfolded.

The least 30 years his life has been that of a guilty man. If he's on the fence till they figure it out, well, than take your time. If he's being toted in and out of court, in and out of the clink, and from country to country, thus disrupting a normal life, then 30 plus years in unacceptable.

In regard to which way its better to error - that speaks to the point. If it takes you 30 years and you still can't prove your point, than tough luck if you error. And the longer time goes by, the more it looks like you're trying to create something anyway.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to No Holds Barred