Text Size

Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture

Friday Night Lights - Final Season

Title is self explanatory. Discuss Hollywood, films, TV, and anything else from the entertainment world here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mitch

Friday Night Lights - Final Season

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 6:10 am

Yeah - so I cheated and DL'd all the episodes when they first aired on Direct TV but NBC starts their run of the final season of the most underappreciated TV show ever on Friday. I'll be watching this season again - it's that good.

Season 2 (which didn't happen) sucked but beyond that this show has been outstanding. Makes me almost miss small town Ohio.

If you haven't seen it I seriously would suggest you just buy the DVDs, as it's in my top five TV shows of all time.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Friday Night Lights - Final Season

Unread postby Squints » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:29 am

Agree 100%. Haven't missed an episode, will watch on NBC once that starts. Great character depth of all the major characters and they so effortlessly transitioned in new characters last season, gave them an identity and letting them grow.

Haters are going to hate. I believe there was a thread on this show 2-3 years ago and the show was trashed. It was probably during crappy season 2. But if people tune in expecting to see a shallow show with shallow characters like Varsity Blues, or they expect to see a football game are 1- misinformed and 2- will be disappointed and thus say the show "sucks."

to me show show is more like the book of the same name than the movie, even though the tv show is fictional. Football is a backdrop, but it's about the town, players, coaches etc.

Two things for certain, Eric Taylor can coach my football team any day, and Tammi Taylor should be the model for which a wives should emulate.
Squints

Favorite Player: Howard, Tim
Least Favorite Player: Howard, Desmond

Unread postby GodHatesClevelandSport » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:32 pm

I will set the DVR for this the moment I turn my TV on today. Brilliant show. I didn't start watching til it was about three seasons in. I didn't start with the third season, though. I went straight from the top with DVDs. And I couldn't stop.

Just like the book, which I waited about 15 years to read, I smacked myself over the head a few times as punishment for waiting so long to get into it. My buddy and his wife, who just had a baby, asked me for some good TV shows to watch while they were up late at night. FNL was my No. 1 recommendation. I said if you aren't hooked by the first episode, you won't get hooked. Well, it took them two or three episodes. But they are devourers now as well.

It can't go unmentioned that it has the most beautiful cast in the history of television. That goes for guys and gals. I think my buddy's wife wants to watch it just to look at Tim Riggins. Hell, half the time I think I want to watch it just to look at Tim Riggins.

I will rate the attractiveness of the cast as follows:

1) Tyra
2) Coach's wife
3) Coach's daughter (but not til like season 3 when she's actually 18)
4) Tim Riggins
5) Lyla
6) Coach's wife's sister
7) Jason Street
8) Smash's girlfriend
GodHatesClevelandSport

Favorite Player: Joe Smith
Least Favorite Player: Joe Smith

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Tim Riggins reminds me so much of myself in HS it is kinda scary. Only difference is that we didn't drink from July-Oct for football. But damn he reminds me of me psychologically.

Effing getting chills thinking about the ending of this season again. JB would cry if he actually watched this and run around Y-Town proclaiming how awesome it is. Everyone here would probably dig it. Blows my mind no one watches.

And Lyla is the hottest chick ever on TV. Also was the worst actress in the whole series, but if she is good enough for D Jeter she is good enough for all of us.

BTW: says so much about the writers that they managed to change schools and casts for seasons 4 and 5 and no one bitched. I loved East Dillon as much if not more than Dillon. Amazing.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Return to Movies, Music, TV, Books, Pop Culture