Text Size

College Sports Arena

The NCAA Tournament Pairings/Thoughts?

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: The NCAA Tournament Pairings/Thoughts?

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:35 am

waborat wrote:This question came up the other night and it's even more relevant today:

If UConn wins this whole thing, is it the greatest March run ever?

No. That distinctiuon belongs to their women's team. They are the best ever at anything basketball related. NBA, NCA men? Meh. Don't you watch ESPN and listen to Geno?
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:44 am

The question should actually be: "why do people care about stupid ass March Madness and a playoff format that supports anything but the best teams playing each other"

Terrible concept.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby waborat » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:03 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:The question should actually be: "why do people care about stupid ass March Madness and a playoff format that supports anything but the best teams playing each other"

Terrible concept.

The best thing about the NCAA Tournament is also the worst thing about the NCAA Tournament.

Great concepts: Upsets, remote heroes and "Cinderella" stories

Bad concepts: Wrecks remarkable seasons and careers if they get beat before they should have

Still a ton of fun to follow, but it's too bad we no longer enjoy the voyage, only the destination
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 5:18 pm

I enjoy the journey. Enjoyed it with ya on opening Thursday in that tomb of a bar and enjoyed everything this past friday except the set up at Cornerstone and the fact they lost.

Worth it me that I see people I like to hang with at least once or twice a year for the tourney.

It's a fucking money drain though. God damn pools and squares and 6-school bullshit.

;-) ;) :wink:

waborat wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:The question should actually be: "why do people care about stupid ass March Madness and a playoff format that supports anything but the best teams playing each other"

Terrible concept.

The best thing about the NCAA Tournament is also the worst thing about the NCAA Tournament.

Great concepts: Upsets, remote heroes and "Cinderella" stories

Bad concepts: Wrecks remarkable seasons and careers if they get beat before they should have

Still a ton of fun to follow, but it's too bad we no longer enjoy the voyage, only the destination
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Previous

Return to College Sports Arena