Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

The Mighty Stern

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

The Mighty Stern

Unread postby waborat » Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:44 am

I would just venture a guess that we're not going to be hearing from [Van Gundy] for the rest of the season. When he stops and reads what he said and realized what he did, he will say no more. I have whatever influence the bylaws of the constitution give me and they are substantial. But I have a feeling that some modicum of self-restraint will cause Stan and the team for which he works to rein in his aberrant behavior

:lmfao:

http://eye-on-basketball.blogs.cbssport ... 4/27837634

Does The Godmother send Tom Hagen down to FLA first to "negotiate" or does he skip & go to the mattresses with Luca Brasi?
waborat

Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: The Mighty Stern

Unread postby Larvell Blanks » Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:03 am

“I would venture a guess that we’re not going to be hearing from him for the rest of the season,” Stern said. “I think when he stops and reads what he said, realizes what he did, he will say no more. … I have a feeling some modicum of self-restraint will cause Stan, and the team for which he works, to rein in his aberrant behavior.”

Sounds like Stern, in his talks with the Magic FO, is going to make "an offer they can't refuse."

Stern has no reason to go public with this, as he shows how thin his skin really is. He'd have been better off with a "No comment".
Galley Boys are slop on top of a so-so burger and a bun you coulde get from a Covneninet food mart generic pack. They the Antoine Joubert of burgers; soft, sloppy, oozing grease and cheap sauce and extremely overrated by a biased fan base. Proof that if you throw enough cheap sauce shit on a burger you still can't overcome the lame burger. -JB
Larvell Blanks

Favorite Player: Foots Walker
Least Favorite Player: un named sources

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:45 pm

SVG's comment was stoopid, but Stern is a pretentious prick.

Stern has no reason to go public with this, as he shows how thin his skin really is. He'd have been better off with a "No comment".

+1
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:15 am

"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:21 pm

Woj knocked that bitch out-the-park...great article.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:32 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Woj knocked that bitch out-the-park...great article.

+1

Excellent read. I knew Donald Sterling was an asshole, but I had no clue he was that big of a piece of shit. And Stern is a poison toad........ with serious credibility issues.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby jb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:38 pm

This is how it is with all despots before they fall.

I don't expect Stern to survice the coming CBA battle. CUban and TMLP will frag him.

BTW - Kim Hughes.... sorry for his man-problem, but damn, another Stepien Era nightmare name IIRC.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:08 pm

jb wrote:I don't expect Stern to survice the coming CBA battle. CUban and TMLP will frag him.

I'm getting that feeling too. Look up Woj's latest article. Hunter stood up to Stern at the ASG, and his response was to literally say he knew 'where the bodies were buried'.

If you though the NFL lockout was crazy, y'all ain't seen nothin'.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby waborat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:
jb wrote:I don't expect Stern to survice the coming CBA battle. CUban and TMLP will frag him.

I'm getting that feeling too. Look up Woj's latest article. Hunter stood up to Stern at the ASG, and his response was to literally say he knew 'where the bodies were buried'.

If you though the NFL lockout was crazy, y'all ain't seen nothin'.

During his conference call yesterday, TMLP said the next CBA will not allow the players to leave their respective teams like they can now after 3-5 years...

Went on to talk about how the draft picks of '03-'04 will not be able to circle jerk together in a handful of cities...

He also said the owners knew thay were in for a fight with the player's union
waborat

Unread postby jb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:02 pm

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote: Look up Woj's latest article. .

For the terminally lazy:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AtwXr90RGZjPKgIA3hAlXNy8vLYF?slug=aw-wojnarowski_nba_labor_battle_looming_032111
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby waborat » Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:33 pm

jb wrote:
Madre Hill, Superstar wrote: Look up Woj's latest article. .

For the terminally lazy:

^^^^My Immortal (inlove)
waborat

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:37 pm

jb wrote:For the terminally lazy:

Nah, I had just enough time throw up a shout-out while at the office.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:28 pm

Why would anyone in the old guard NBA give a fuck what Gilbert says? As Swerb has said before, Woj is really really well connected with the old guard owners and old-timers and they feed a lot of his stuff. If he unloads on Gilbert as often as he does one has to assume they also think he is a mouthy little joke and are feeding Woj's piling on.

Gilbert bought into a cash cow and ran it into the ground, all the while embarrassing owners in a way that wasn't even at least funny like Cuban. I highly doubt anyone is going to give a fuck what he has to say at the negotiations.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby swerb » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:39 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Why would anyone in the old guard NBA give a fuck what Gilbert says? As Swerb has said before, Woj is really really well connected with the old guard owners and old-timers and they feed a lot of his stuff. If he unloads on Gilbert as often as he does one has to assume they also think he is a mouthy little joke and are feeding Woj's piling on.

Gilbert bought into a cash cow and ran it into the ground, all the while embarrassing owners in a way that wasn't even at least funny like Cuban. I highly doubt anyone is going to give a fuck what he has to say at the negotiations.

Exactly.

I can't think of any owners who will have less influence with the Commissioner.

David Stern is a lot of things. Dumb is not one of them. Not only is there no chance of him not surviving this thing, he will emerge from it more powerful than ever.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Orenthal » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:40 pm

Nevertheless, this is still Hunter vs. Stern II. They pushed the NBA season to the brink in ’98, and feel like they’re headed there again. Only this time, Stern’s world has changed. The owners are younger, brasher and bought into the NBA at far steeper prices. Once, the owners allowed Stern to set the agenda. That isn’t always true anymore.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... ing_032111

That doesn't really jive with ^ and ^^.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 am

I kind of view this as being the guy trying to organize the after school fights because the boys have spring fever and you just like watching fights. In this case, you really don't give a shit how it turns out, you just want to see drama and lots of it. Got Popcorn? Can't fuckin' wait. I am told that a few years ago there was an entire NHL season canceled a few years back (honestly I knew but forgot since I don't pay attention to Hockey).

This might turn into a three-way brawl which is great. Besides TMLP and Cuban who would be a brash young owner who paid big $$$ to get in? I wouldn't miss it if they lost a season though I do admittedly watch games and pay attention to all the news. I am still basically a hater rooting against Melo/Amare, and the Heat.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:31 am

swerb wrote:David Stern is a lot of things. Dumb is not one of them.

True, but he's also old, arrogant, and watching all the guys he could rely on to stay in line die/sell off and get replaced by young guys with money who want to have a chance to win despite not being in a major market.

Or more to the point, why would the 'old guard' let Woj go off on Stern like he has his past couple articles? And why this sea change so soon after the 'Melo trade?

I ain't sayin' anything's set in stone, I just got a feeling this is going to be a popcorn-worthy offseason.
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:46 am

Who let Woj go off on Stern?

Ten dollars those whom are responsible share a building wit Sterling and are sick of him.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:48 am

dmiles wrote:Besides TMLP and Cuban who would be a brash young owner who paid big $$$ to get in?

DMiles: meet the Russian..... The Russian, dmiles
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 am

BTW: Boston, NY/NJ, LA and SA are all still in Sir David's pockets. Till they flounder (even if I think they are taking potshots at him in press) he wins.

And we havent even broached the concept of The Russian, the broke ass Maloofs, tOKC ownership group he let steal a team, ATL not even having an owner thanks to an 80 year legal dispute, Stern owning the hornets, and the new GS owners..........................

Gilbert is just another bitch. He'll be loud and throw a hissy fit, but he honestly has less a leg to stand on than Randy.

C-towns most attentive owners at the moment are The Dolans and maybe Gilby wil step up to the plate next year. Cam't hate on Randy anymore but he is as much one of the guys as I am steak cutting while drunk guy.

WAR: The Dolans as the best owners in C-Town (if only they had fired Dougy-Fresh two years into his reign of terror).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby dmiles » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:40 am

Christ how did I forget the Russian. I need to get more sleep..... Memory is slipping too often lately. I am glad we don't see much of the Maloofs these days. The reality show about BH Wives my wife was watching had a Maloof wife with some hideous plastic surgery. I assumed she was tied to one of those two but never cared enough to google it.

As an aside living long enough in an upscale SoCal town, it becomes fairly obvious when a woman has plastic surgery and it always looks like shit. (but I digress). There is a puffiness to the face that is so damn obvious yet some do it anyway.
On Twitter @DaBashers
dmiles

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA