Text Size

College Sports Arena

NC2A Tourney Thread

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Re: NC2A Tourney Thread

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 am

Kemba Fucking Walker.

Couple solid Saturday nights dude's put together. Talk about being on a heater.

Guy gets 5 days off to rest again too.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby jta1975 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:12 am

The only thing fun about playing with Jimmer is winning.

This guy shoots and shoots and shoots. I wonder how his game is going translate at the next level. He has zero double digit assist games this year and only averages 4 a game.

I guess he will be the next Ben Gordon....one trick pony.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Unread postby Cease » Sun Mar 20, 2011 10:59 am

I love watching Matt Howard. Turkish-league talent compared to the blue chip big men across the country, but he comes to play every night and bangs his lurpy body all game. He's smart with the ball, he's physical, he's cold blooded- hitting two game winners in the final seconds of his last two games, and he deserves props for being a great college player.
Cease

Favorite Player: Gamers
Least Favorite Player: Chuckers

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:13 pm

This UNC vs. U dub game is one of the best I have seen in a long time. There are flashes of great defense, but it is basically just a race up and down the floor every possession. Some of the nicest rejections I have seen since Ben Wallace's prime in Detroit.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:25 pm

Cease wrote:Image

I love watching Matt Howard. Turkish-league talent compared to the blue chip big men across the country, but he comes to play every night and bangs his lurpy body all game. He's smart with the ball, he's physical, he's cold blooded- hitting two game winners in the final seconds of his last two games, and he deserves props for being a great college player.

Couldn't agree more. Him, Jordan Taylor, Nolan Smith - my favorite non Buckeye/Viking players to watch.

Huskies gave this GD game away. Should have sent Carolina home, in Charlotte.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:47 pm

swerb wrote:
Cease wrote:Image

Couldn't agree more. Him, Jordan Taylor, Nolan Smith - my favorite non Buckeye/Viking players to watch.

Huskies gave this GD game away. Should have sent Carolina home, in Charlotte.

Yeah, if your "star" is at the point, you shouldn't be giving away possessions you don't even get a shot out of, you shouldn't look totally lost the few minutes at the end of the game when it became half court - and you should be more in control at the end of the game period.

Still can't see how Carolina gets thru many more with no real ability to shoot the three. Too hard in this day and age, plus it negates one of ther strengths which is creating extra possessions.

And Christ, are they better without Drew.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:17 pm

scUM giving pUKE all they can handle. B10(ish) looking pretty decent.

How about that most dominating conference in NCAAM BB? Big East laying a pretty huge egg. Well at least they are guaranteed to get one of 'Cuse or Marquette into the next round. So if you only get 2-3 teams (out of 11) into the sweet sixteen, was your conference really that good?

Watching the other games in the tourney is making me feel a lot better about OSU. They easily handled FSU and Florida this year as well as Morehead St. and UNC Asheville. Wisconsin looks like they could be a final 4 team in a suddenly wide open bracket. Purdue will continue their nice little run. Illinois looked pretty strong against UNLV too. Bucks looked good against everyone this year, I am just not sure we all realized how strong their schedule was, making OSU look that much more impressive in retrospect.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I kinda have a bad feeling about today's game.... Maybe it's all nonsense.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:25 pm

As soon as I type that scUM goes cold from the field and Duke's lead balloons out to 12. Go figure.

I would argue that the only way anyone wins a Duke vs. scUM match up is if a plane crashes into the arena taking out both squads.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Big Ten was a very good conference this year. Big East obviously with more restaurant quality teams based on the fact they have 16 teams ... but the Big Ten may have been the best pound for pound and had the best team in the country this season in the Bucks, a now perennial power under Matta.

Purdue and Wisconsin are both legit Final Four threats. Illinois underachieved, but they looked amazing Fri night and I like em to give Kansas hell tonight.

Big Ten should have at least 3 of the Sweet 16. Maybe 4. Kansas loves losing in the 2nd rd.

Mich St was star crossed all year. Michigan has no seniors and will be a force next year. Northwestern is in the Final eight of the NIT. Penn State is senior laden and will fall off. You know Indiana will be back under Crean. Iowa made a lot of progress (if not in the standings) this year under Fran McCaffery. Looks like Tubby is gonna be back at Minnesota, who just totally collapsed down the stretch after looking like a sure fire tourney team earlier in the season.

State of the Big Ten is strong right now in hoops. They're a head and heels better basketball conference than the ACC right now. Who thought we'd ever say that?

Matta, Izzo, Ryan, Crean, Tubby, Painter, Weber, Beilein, DeChellis, McCaffery, Carmody ... good coaches as well.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:42 pm

scUM refusing to go away.

4100sq ft house and my daughters decide that the couch right next to me is the best play to play with the dog, jump around play with obnoxious noisy toys, listen to music and eat snacks. I love them to death, but man they are fucking killing me right now!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Holy shit, scUM gets it down to 1 with 1:30 left.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:02 pm

Man TSUN is going to be pretty damn good next year..

also..god I hate jim nantz.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:04 pm

Helluva effort by Meatchicken.

Buckeye time baby.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:11 pm

Buckeyes + Gus Johnson = ;-) ;) :wink:

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:12 pm

man what a lucky bounce for the buckeyes...
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:20 pm

Can I get a foul?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:20 pm

What a joke.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:22 pm

Thank you Mr. Lighty.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:25 pm

Sullinger is getting the Oden treatment. Biggest strongest guy out there so every call goes against him. All bounces going Mason's way, but I am unconcerned. Even when the Bucks block a shot, the ball lands in a Mason Player's hands. Go figure. Bucks will start hitting and this won't be a big deal.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:27 pm

That had to be 3bler's first career block.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:28 pm

Call. A. Foul.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:32 pm

Is it just me or does it seem like the refs are leaning toward calling more charges (vice blocks) in those close calls during this year's tourney? Just seems like every close call is a charge now. I thought the tie went to the offensive player.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:33 pm

Aaron Craft is fantastic for a frosh.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby skatingtripods » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:41 pm

Hey, CDT, the Jackets just got their first shot on goal with 39 seconds left in the first period.
A God Damn dead man would understand that if a minor league bus in any city took a real sharp right turn, a Zack McCalister would likely fall out. - Lead Pipe
skatingtripods
Sloth Duncan

Favorite Player: Mike Aviles
Least Favorite Player: Every Detroit Tiger

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:45 pm

skatingtripods wrote:Hey, CDT, the Jackets just got their first shot on goal with 39 seconds left in the first period.

Yeah I know. :pb:

PiP.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:04 pm

Anyone still nervous about George Mason?

Man this Bucks team is constructed to destroy the tournament.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:06 pm

furls wrote:Anyone still nervous about George Mason?

Not any more.......

Holy shit.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:07 pm

"Ohio State, showing the field that they are all BUSINESS!"

-Gus Johnson

Truer words never spoken after the Bucks finish the first half on a 50-15 run!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:07 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Aaron Craft is fantastic for a frosh.

Not that there's a lineage of awesome at the position but Aaron Craft will leave OSU as it's very best PG and potentially as one of their very best all together. Dude is big, strong, quick, really good vision, intense defensively, smart as hell and can shoot far better than people know given he doesn't look for his own offense at all right now.

Once that puppy exuberance wanes and he learns when to tone it down a bit he's going to be amongst the best PG in the country and one that will excel at the NBA level as an Andre Miller-type IMO.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:09 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
furls wrote:Anyone still nervous about George Mason?

Not any more.......

Holy shit.

When David Lighty is unconscious from 3-pt range there's no way to beat this team.

Plus it keeps him off the GD free throw line. :hide:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:18 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Aaron Craft is fantastic for a frosh.

Not that there's a lineage of awesome at the position but Aaron Craft will leave OSU as it's very best PG and potentially as one of their very best all together. Dude is big, strong, quick, really good vision, intense defensively, smart as hell and can shoot far better than people know given he doesn't look for his own offense at all right now.

Once that puppy exuberance wanes and he learns when to tone it down a bit he's going to be amongst the best PG in the country and one that will excel at the NBA level as an Andre Miller-type IMO.

That's the scary thing about his game...... it's only going to get better. Sullinger really wanted them to bring in Craft, so i'm glad he knew what he was talking about.

As soon as his jump shot becomes consistent, it's all over.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:22 pm

That was one of the most thoroughly satisfying first halves of a college basketball game I can ever remember.

Wow.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:39 pm

lol. How was that not traveling?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Lights out.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 pm

This is just obscene.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:46 pm

I think I just saw Jim Larranaga say "uncle".

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

lol. Was that a Hannah Montana song they were singing?
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:49 pm

I am sure that Charles and Kenny "the Jet" can find some fault in OSU's game today. I agree that there are some holes in this year's Buckeyes and that there are a few teams that could expose them. I think the Celtics and Bulls would probably house them.

Wow.... Wow.... Wow.

Remember that this was a team that was supposed to be "scrappy and determined" and they appear to be completely and totally demoralized. This is a beat down!

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:52 pm

Purdue's on in 20 minutes...

probably going to get knocked off by VCU...Kelsey Barlow needs to stay away from the green.

Triple-S

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:53 pm

Are you watching this, Kentucky?

Our guys get assists while fighting for a loose ball.
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Unread postby swerb » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:56 pm

This is what you call a good ole' country whoopin'.

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:04 pm

Jeez, I go outside for a minute to pull the car in and George Mason cuts the lead to 37.
Shit The Bed For Ted

- Matty Toes (Vandelay Industries)
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:06 pm

Scarlet and red huh?
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:08 pm

Ill let it go because he is Gus Johnson.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby furls » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:09 pm

Buckeyes subs making this one look a lot closer than it was (if you can believe that).

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:25 pm

furls wrote:Ill let it go because he is Gus Johnson.

:thumb up:

I loved that game. I love a good blowout when my team is on top. But, Gus Johnson calling it makes a part of me wish it was down to the wire. With the Buckeyes pulling it out, of course.

Not complaining though.
Shit The Bed For Ted

motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

M*****-F*****!

Triple-S

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 pm

When a team has 4 Mr Basketball's, can shoot the lights out, score inside, and defend, the danger is often getting up for a game or panicking when thins go wrong. So when the Buckeyes win big in round 2...... all you can say is watch out field.
Last edited by FUDU on Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:57 pm

not to whine and sound like a bitch

but yeah, Purdue will never ever ever ever reach either a Final Four or another BCS Bowl game in my lifetime.

Triple-S

PreviousNext

Return to College Sports Arena