Text Size

College Sports Arena

Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Talk Buckeye football and hoops, Viking hoops, as well as all other discussion on college sports in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, danwismar, furls

Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby gnati » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:11 pm

I don't blame him one fucking bit....there are haters out there everywhere and it has to be tough to raise a family in that environment.

Look, OSU is a breeding ground for college sports analsysts...Kellogg, Spielman, Tomczak, Carter, Fox, Jackson, Frey, Miller, Harris, Stanley, Hall, George, Bruce, Cooper, Lachey, Karsatos, White...the list goes on....Jesus H Christ on a bike, Columbus is littered with former Buckeye greats who went on to a TV career as an analyst and were forced to move from Columbus because of the constant barrage from the effing unwashed masses of hill-billy tOSU fans who aren't sophisticated enough to understand the pressures of being objective...

I mean seriously, this is fucking outrageous.

What's that?

Shit.

Nevermind.
gnati
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Butler County Dirt
Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:20 pm

What in God's holy name are you blathering about?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby gnati » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:21 pm

Just a little shout out to the Severed Head of Palmer....that's all.

Carry on.
gnati
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Butler County Dirt
Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

More surprised he's stayed in this state this long
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 am

waborat wrote:More surprised he's stayed in this state this long



Me too. And Nashville is one of two or three cities I'd personally pack up today for and leave tomorrow. Music industry being waaaay down the list of reasons why.

Herbie have kids? How old? I'm too important and valuable to look it up myself. :nanner:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22741
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby waborat » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:04 am

peeker643 wrote:
waborat wrote:More surprised he's stayed in this state this long



Me too. And Nashville is one of two or three cities I'd personally pack up today for and leave tomorrow. Music industry being waaaay down the list of reasons why.

Herbie have kids? How old? I'm too important and valuable to look it up myself. :nanner:


I remember seeing at least 3 boys on College Gameday a couple of years ago...

I also remember that rumor a few years back that Herb's was whoring around w/ some married cud from Tenn? Cue up Church Lady's "Isn't that special"...

Tennessee's kinda the new FLA for middle aged folks: Peeps still know how to drive, lotsa restaurants 'n golf courses, no state tax
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby JoJo White » Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 am

Won't matter. Ohio State fans will travel.
User avatar
JoJo White
 
Posts: 870
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:42 pm
Location: Intently listening to your fantasy football story
Favorite Player: Johann Olav Koss
Least Favorite Player: Zola Budd

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Don't rag on my city because of a babbling douche like "Herbie" wants to move.
Last edited by Cerebral_DownTime on Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:33 pm

LOL, what a whiny slut. "The fans were mean to me!" If you want to move to a state without an income tax, just fucking do it. Don't make up cheap excuses.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:48 pm

Spielman and Krenzel get into it all the time with fans on the radio, and they're still here.

He claims it's the "vocal minority" that's causing him leave.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:00 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Spielman and Krenzel get into it all the time with fans on the radio, and they're still here.


That's because Buckeye fans a.) respect their on-field accomplishments and b.) know those guys are shooting straight, that they don't have an agenda.

Maybe Herbie ought to ask himself why fans don't get down on Spiels and Clark Kellogg and Robert Smith, and why they do get down on him.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:04 pm

What a drama queen. Ever hear of calling the cops on the one or two loons out there instead of lumping us all in and using wanting to move south as a false pretense? He's been sideling up to Mark May now for a while forgetting who he is. No one else on that network is "objective" anyway. ESPN = Fox News. So this is a sham and he just wants to bail on Ohio and give us ablack eye when we are down. Ask yourself why he picked this week to make this a very public issue.

Clearly, no one condones what a whack job or two was doing with these threats. They are sick. But this is an over reaction. Get a dog, a gun, a security system in a gated community and call the FBI.

He never should have been handed the job cause of who his Daddy is anyway, They ruined the better QB on the bench. Loser SEC wannabe embaraases us to justify his move. They should give his memorabilia to T Peezy to cop.

http://leeinks.weei.com/sports/2011/03/ ... keye-state
Last edited by jb on Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:LOL, what a whiny slut. "The fans were mean to me!" If you want to move to a state without an income tax, just fucking do it. Don't make up cheap excuses.




:salute: :clap:
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:06 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Spielman and Krenzel get into it all the time with fans on the radio, and they're still here.


That's because Buckeye fans a.) respect their on-field accomplishments and b.) know those guys are shooting straight, that they don't have an agenda.

Maybe Herbie ought to ask himself why fans don't get down on Spiels and Clark Kellogg and Robert Smith, and why they do get down on him.



Or C , Spieldog is a Man. Not a pretty boy.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Herbie is so much higher profile than spielman and krenzel, that is why he gets the haters. I live in Columbus and I never hear or see anything from Spielman or Krenzel unless I go looking for them on the radio. I remember one of Spielmans first sideline games. He seriously stood there with his back to the camera watching the game while he was doing a sideline report. It was one of the funniest, most awkward sideline bits I have ever seen.
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Love child of shawn kemp » Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:44 pm

Herbie is so much higher profile than spielman and krenzel, that is why he gets the haters. I live in Columbus and I never hear or see anything from Spielman or Krenzel unless I go looking for them on the radio. I remember one of Spielmans first sideline games. He seriously stood there with his back to the camera watching the game while he was doing a sideline report. It was one of the funniest, most awkward sideline bits I have ever seen.
User avatar
Love child of shawn kemp
 
Posts: 379
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 10:37 am
Favorite Player: Corey KKKKKluber
Least Favorite Player: Domestic Violence

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:01 am

Herbie-4-Life

Have any of you tryhard fake hard-asses actually gone to tOSU board in the last two years?

Mods there prance around with pics calling him a fake fan and any thread that mentions him gets to 10 pages in a day.

OSU fan is bitch when it comes to him. Biggest homers outside of every other college football teams fans. No issues here but I can't blame the guy a bit. Go to tOSU Scout board and start a thread on him and see what happens. Fuck, just read some of the Tressel-Gate posts there.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby gnati » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:47 am

e0y2e3 wrote:Herbie-4-Life


OSU fan is bitch when it comes to him. Biggest homers outside of every other college football teams fans. No issues here but I can't blame the guy a bit. Go to tOSU Scout board and start a thread on him and see what happens. Fuck, just read some of the Tressel-Gate posts there.


what you say and what I say aren't mutually exclusive...

it is possible that tOSU fan's collectively are a giant jackass AND Herby is a douchebag...

The important question to ask is why, in a sea of ex OSU jocks who now litter the airwaves, is he singularly experiencing these problems...

He is attempting to create an image of himself as an objective arbiter of college football, but in order to ingratiate himself into the club in Bristol, he feels he needs to shed any link to tOSU and go over the top with criticism in order to fit in...notice nobody else does that (Golic, Holtz, May et. al make no bones about where they come from...) but Herby feels the need to distance himself...hence he says things like he would never send his son to play offense for Tressel because it isn't dynamic enough and won't prepare you for the NFL...despite evidence to the contrary, while he blows Chip Kelly et. al, despite significant evidence that, for example, being a QB in that system actually does significantly impact your ability to excel at the NFL level...

Calling him out on those things hurts his feelings...so he needs to sell his nearly $4 million crib in UA and head to a state without income taxes...and somehow get AP to pick up a story on it on the way out of town...

So yeah, OSU fanbase - like ALL fan bases of its size - are collective assholes...and Herby is a whiny bitch...

QED
gnati
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:16 pm
Location: Butler County Dirt
Favorite Player: .
Least Favorite Player: .

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:02 pm

Love child of shawn kemp wrote:Herbie is so much higher profile than spielman and krenzel, that is why he gets the haters. I live in Columbus and I never hear or see anything from Spielman or Krenzel unless I go looking for them on the radio. I remember one of Spielmans first sideline games. He seriously stood there with his back to the camera watching the game while he was doing a sideline report. It was one of the funniest, most awkward sideline bits I have ever seen.



Higher profile to who? Maybe to non-OSU fans, just by the fact he's on ESPN.

For most OSU fans, Spielman and Craig K are higher profile ex-players. Just from what they did on the field.

There are alot fans that love the guy, probably more than hate him. But i'm not one of them because I think he's a fraud and and an ass kisser.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby HoodooMan » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

gnati wrote:Calling him out on those things hurts his feelings...so he needs to sell his nearly $4 million crib in UA


http://www.assumingthisstorydoesntactuallyexist.com

A teary-eyed Herbstreit sat down with ATSDAE yesterday and recounted some of the harrowing details relating to his forced exile from Columbus:

"This one time when I was out and about doing what people do in Columbus, shopping at Bed Bath & Beyond, eating at the Cheesecake Factory, you know, stuff like that, this one guy like totally shook his fist at me--and, let me tell you what, he shook it hard, real hard--and he said... sniffle... he said... guhHUH... I'm sorry, this is very difficult for me, he said, 'In my opinion, it appears as though your quest for objectivity has resulted in excessive criticism directed at Ohio State University,'" Herbstreit recalls. "What was I to do but run away, flailing my arms and blubbering, all the way to the Land of the Creamsicle?"
Q: What is the best/craziest location you've ever gotten lucky A: Mens room. Death Valley. (Fire Marshall Bill, 08/13/10)

...doesn't mean we cannot call you a spade when you are one. (donnyunitas, 10/21/09)

Plus it's kinda personal for me... I have a lot of family and friends who are Ducks... (angrybeaver, 11/08/09)
User avatar
HoodooMan
The King
 
Posts: 1735
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:04 pm
Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:58 pm

I wasn't coming at you nearly as much as I was coming at JB, Herm and CDT gnati.

My thing is this: guy was raped publicly by OSU fan because OSU fan is so anti-ESPN when he didn't blow them on nat'l TV they lost it. I'm not talking about people like you that actually listened to and remember what he has said (as you aren't a mouth breather like the aforementioned). Just talking about how fucking stupid the average joe is (especially with the Cleveland/C-Bus inferiority complex) and how absurd they reacted to him. 99% of those that hated him can't even find a quote as of to why without Google. The minute he went to work for ESPN and didn't blow OSU all day every day he should have put his house up for sale because it was all over.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
User avatar
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?
 
Posts: 13982
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm
Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:37 am

I googled "Kirk Herbstreit raped in public" and all it came back with was "he dressed like he wanted it".

Your take is ridiculous.

He left because he wanted to save money. The "fans hate me angle" was just cooked up as a cheap smoke screen to fool morons into thinking he's a martyr and he didn't want it to be like this.

What a load of horseshit. Just come out and say "i'm moving because it makes finnacial sense for my family", no one would've given a shit, because he's not that big of a name. We're all going to miss his Byers car ads. But the sun will rise tomorrow despite the departure of Kirk Herbstreit.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:08 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:no one would've given a shit, because he's not that big of a name. We're all going to miss his Byers car ads. But the sun will rise tomorrow despite the departure of Kirk Herbstreit.


Why does anyone care to begin with?

Why is this a thread?

Thank gawd the tourney starts today, with opening day and the Masters close behind...because you guys must all be bored as hell.
User avatar
JacksonDysonJackson
 
Posts: 428
Joined: Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:32 pm
Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:33 am

because you guys must all be bored as hell.


Extremely.

Now if someone wants to make a few bucks, come down to the Delaware Hoggy's and kidnap me at gunpoint so I can get out of my department meeting/lunch and watch some tourney ball.

Must provide own ski mask and pistol.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:34 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
Love child of shawn kemp wrote:Herbie is so much higher profile than spielman and krenzel, that is why he gets the haters. I live in Columbus and I never hear or see anything from Spielman or Krenzel unless I go looking for them on the radio. I remember one of Spielmans first sideline games. He seriously stood there with his back to the camera watching the game while he was doing a sideline report. It was one of the funniest, most awkward sideline bits I have ever seen.



Higher profile to who? Maybe to non-OSU fans, just by the fact he's on ESPN.

For most OSU fans, Spielman and Craig K are higher profile ex-players. Just from what they did on the field.


Herbie is definitely higher profile to any college football fan. Maybe financial reasons were part of his reasons for departure. However, I can totally see how manay over the top fans would go way beyond the normal busting his chops in public. He is the most knowledgable college football analyst on any station.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1353
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby motherscratcher » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 am

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:no one would've given a shit, because he's not that big of a name. We're all going to miss his Byers car ads. But the sun will rise tomorrow despite the departure of Kirk Herbstreit.


Why does anyone care to begin with?

Why is this a thread?

Thank gawd the tourney starts today, with opening day and the Masters close behind...because you guys must all be bored as hell.


This. Who cares where Herbie lives?

Not that anyone gives a shit but FTR, I like Herbie. I think he does a good job. As far as the objectivity, well, maybe he goes overboard sometimes, but who cares? It would be tough to stay 100% objective in his job. I think overall he's fair.

I also thought that, especially after seeing the way he acted on the sideline at the NCG, it's pretty obvious that he's a tOSU fan when not on the job.

I had no idea I was in the minority until now. Surprised at the amount of vitriol.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:24 am

I'm with you mother, first off I don't really care, second can't blame him one bit (if your family gets threatened or suffers get the fuck out of dodge), third, the guy is hands down the best CFB analyst alive (straight up brings it and does his homework), fourth I enjoy his objective criticism of JT and the Buckeyes, and fifth everyone else including myself is most often jealous of the guy b/c he bangs Erin Andrews from time to time.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
User avatar
FUDU
 
Posts: 13357
Joined: Sat Feb 17, 2007 2:02 am
Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Re: Herby Leaves C-Bus for Nashville...

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Mar 17, 2011 5:10 pm

had no idea I was in the minority until now. Surprised at the amount of vitriol.


Learn to read, dingleberry.

You're not in the minority.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog


Return to College Sports Arena

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 2 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests