Text Size

Eat, Drink, & Be Merry

What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Discuss good eats, beverages, recipes, restaraunts, bars and other food and drink related topics in here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, mswerb

Re: What kind of beer you been drinkin' lately?

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:51 am

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:Image

Wham with the right hand. Comes in 4 packs which Founders only recently released to Ohio in small batches and boy is it a treat. At 10.5% ABV, it might be the most drinkable Impy stout at that level. Moreso than Ten Fidy, GLBC BO, Hopping Frog, and Rasputin RIS. Very little carbonation, low heat, creamy like silk with nice hints of chocolate, wood, and espresso leaning more toward the latter. Might be the darkest/opaque beer I've ever seen. World of Wines in Mentor received a case and I bought half of it. At $11.99/4, its on the pricey side but if you like stouts, make an effort to find this stuff. Its that good.

What about the KBS? Have you gotten any? Or was it to be released the 11th, I dont know but I've been tracking so I can have someone pick me up a case in OH.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:20 am

How did we all miss this?

http://beeradvocate.com/forum/read/3215433

Had a few last night. If you like bocks, you'll like this. Big bite. Still sipping coffee to ward off effects, though.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:40 am

JCoz wrote:What about the KBS? Have you gotten any? Or was it to be released the 11th, I dont know but I've been tracking so I can have someone pick me up a case in OH.

Impossible to buy an entire case in Ohio unless you pay top dollar to a store that receives it. Even then, a store getting it probably saves it for special customers and wouldn't sell off the whole lot.I got a 4 pack of it last year and it was ridiculously good even for $26. By far the best bourbon barrel aged stout I've had although I've never gotten my hands on a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. The release party is at Founders brewery on Saturday, March 12. Needless to say, I might make a day trip to Grand Rapids.

JB - I saw GLBC re-releaseed Dopplerock. Don't think they've made that in a number of years unless it was a brewpub specialty. Where are they selling the bottles? I haven't seen it anywhere in Mentor and Heinen's usually has all GLBC offerings.

FYI - That Dogfish Miles Davis' Bitches Brew was outstanding. It was very much like an Imperial Dry Irish Stout with a hint of spice from the honey/gesha. Very very good.
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Favorite Player: Mexican Cooking
Least Favorite Player: 99% of all humans

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:12 pm

RickNashEquilibrium wrote:
JCoz wrote:What about the KBS? Have you gotten any? Or was it to be released the 11th, I dont know but I've been tracking so I can have someone pick me up a case in OH.

Impossible to buy an entire case in Ohio unless you pay top dollar to a store that receives it. Even then, a store getting it probably saves it for special customers and wouldn't sell off the whole lot.I got a 4 pack of it last year and it was ridiculously good even for $26. By far the best bourbon barrel aged stout I've had although I've never gotten my hands on a bottle of Goose Island Bourbon County Stout. The release party is at Founders brewery on Saturday, March 12. Needless to say, I might make a day trip to Grand Rapids.

JB - I saw GLBC re-releaseed Dopplerock. Don't think they've made that in a number of years unless it was a brewpub specialty. Where are they selling the bottles? I haven't seen it anywhere in Mentor and Heinen's usually has all GLBC offerings.

FYI - That Dogfish Miles Davis' Bitches Brew was outstanding. It was very much like an Imperial Dry Irish Stout with a hint of spice from the honey/gesha. Very very good.

Wow, 4 for $26? That's quite a bit higher than expected. I wasn't necessarily going for the whole lot at one place. But thanks for the info, puts it into perspective..
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:02 pm

At a plain, old, GE all the way down in Boardman. But we bought it all. :-)

Contemplating hiding some from Angela and being a rat...
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:04 pm

Once Wabo got me back on the te-kill-yah horse last summer, I thought the days of any adult bev making me reflexively gag were over. ( Bad 21 BD experience )

Then I tried bourben aged ale.

Like sipping a boilermaker and sayin, "yum, that was good".

Vile weed drainage.
jb

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:13 pm

jb wrote:Once Wabo got me back on the te-kill-yah horse last summer, I thought the days of any adult bev making me reflexively gag were over. ( Bad 21 BD experience )

Vile weed drainage.

I bet you won't feel that way if you ever try KBS. I will agree, some of the bourbon ales like Lexington Brewing and BBC are too strong on the bourbon. The barrel aging is meant to add depth to the beer, not completely overwhelm it. Great Lakes releases Barrel-Aged Blackout Stout and thats in the same realm as KBS.

BTW - got a few more brews for yall to try. Had em at 1899 last night. First one is Victory 12 - a belgian style Quad clocking in at 12% ABV. Its somewhat sweet, fruit, malty and the alcohol is dangerously hidden. Outstanding stuff, but I could probably only do a magnum at a sitting. Other bottle is Lindemans Peche. I am on a Lambic/Gueuze kick and this is one outstanding beer. Might become a staple in my house during the summer.

ImageImage
"All Beckett needs to do to cap off this mess is order some fried chicken and beer" – 5/10/12 before Beckett got chased in the 3rd at Fenway.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:41 pm

Ricky,

What do you think about Dogfish Head Red and White? Picked up a big bottle today after it came highly recommended by a guy that knows beer.
JacksonDysonJackson

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: Derek

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:18 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Ricky,

What do you think about Dogfish Head Red and White? Picked up a big bottle today after it came highly recommended by a guy that knows beer.

I think its an interesting concept, but I am in the minority that didn't find it appealing to my palate. Between the orange, coriander, and pinot noir, I just felt like there was too much going and that the flavors didn't really compliment each other. The wine flavor dominated and it really seemed like a makeshift version of sangria.I had it a few years ago and I have considered cellaring a bottle because at 10% ABV, its definitely going to develop some interesting characteristics over time.

Now, DFH Black and Blue, THAT stuff is excellent.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:20 am

jb wrote:Once Wabo got me back on the te-kill-yah horse last summer, I thought the days of any adult bev making me reflexively gag were over. ( Bad 21 BD experience )

Vile weed drainage.

You have zero taste and you disappoint me greatly. I love that shit. Love it. That and two fingers of Woodford might be what they serve at the Pearly Gates.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Grab your bag and grab your coat......
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:30 pm

Gordon Biersch Czech Style Pils.

I'm pretty buzzed and it's only 8:30 pm.

Haven't even cracked the Knob Creek open.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:03 am

Finally cracked open my 2008 Vintage Gulden Draak. Unbelievable. It was completely different than normal Gulden Draak. Smoother, less alcohol heat, a little sweeter, and simply overall amazing. A+. Best Belgian strong dark ale I've ever had.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:39 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Vile weed drainage.

You have zero taste and you disappoint me greatly. I love that shit. Love it. That and two fingers of Woodford might be what they serve at the Pearly Gates.

Its a f#$king shame too. Vintage Estates is tapping Founders KBS for the first time in Ohio tomorrow night. JB has no idea he is going to miss out on one of the highest rated beers in the world if he doesn't man up and give it another shot. I am seriously jealous.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:13 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Vile weed drainage.

Love beer.

Like Bourbon.

Just not together.
jb

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:31 pm

peeker643 wrote:

Vile weed drainage.

Its a f#$king shame too. Vintage Estates is tapping Founders KBS for the first time in Ohio tomorrow night. JB has no idea he is going to miss out on one of the highest rated beers in the world if he doesn't man up and give it another shot. I am seriously jealous.

VE is in my neck of the woods too...I'll have it try it out.
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby jb » Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:58 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:VE is in my neck of the woods too...I'll have it try it out.

Phil Reda an dthe older guy who pours are cool as hell. He will order you craft kegs, too. And you can drink mead. Where else can you do that?

Funniest part i the flatbread pizzas (which are pretty good) are cheaper than the beer. They are also expanding for summer.

Just a really awesome place that caters to the beer nerd in all of us. I can't recoomend it enough. Wish they would connect more with rust belt brewery and expand into a micro brew. There's none of that on 224 and god knows enough available properties.
jb

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:43 pm

jb wrote:
JacksonDysonJackson wrote:VE is in my neck of the woods too...I'll have it try it out.

Phil Reda an dthe older guy who pours are cool as hell. He will order you craft kegs, too. And you can drink mead. Where else can you do that?

Funniest part i the flatbread pizzas (which are pretty good) are cheaper than the beer. They are also expanding for summer.

Just a really awesome place that caters to the beer nerd in all of us. I can't recoomend it enough. Wish they would connect more with rust belt brewery and expand into a micro brew. There's none of that on 224 and god knows enough available properties.

JB,

I meant I should try the KBS.

Love VE. Been there many o time. Usually once a week for an after work beer or 4. Glad to see they are expanding...place got pretty tight on busy evenings. Great place and something needed in a town with nothing to do (except drink).

Phill is a cool dude, although I usually don't trust guys who spell normal names abnormal ways.

You going to the Big Tap In?
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:52 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:
jb wrote:

JB,

I meant I should try the KBS.

Love VE. Been there many o time. Usually once a week for an after work beer or 4. Glad to see they are expanding...place got pretty tight on busy evenings. Great place and something needed in a town with nothing to do (except drink).

Phill is a cool dude, although I usually don't trust guys who spell normal names abnormal ways.

You going to the Big Tap In?

JB never misses a tap-in.

Once he started experimenting in college he found he kinda liked it.... wait... what kind of tap-in are you talking about?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:47 am

NOt a bif fan of dark ales and fancy beer. Usually just stick with Old Milwaukee's Best Ice, Busch Ice or Keystone Light. I have tried to drink Bud Light or Miller Lite, but just cant do it.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Favorite Player: Wil Cordero
Least Favorite Player: Matt LaPorta

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:04 am

^ Shocking coming from a guy who calls himself redneck of SC. :cheers:
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 pm

Hey Nash,

Did you get some of this yet?

I can't recommend this highly enough and especially if you are on a Lambic kick, I think you will love this. Its in the same vein being a Flanders Red. its all over now, but wont be for very long:

JCoz

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Just stopped at the filling station to pick up my weekend supply. Going to cook some oysters, striper, and crawfish Saturday night, so I picked up some Keystone and a suitcase of Bud Ice. They must have quit carrying Milwaukees Best at this station, but the Bud Ice will do. I thought they quit making this stuff, so I was rather excited when I saw it.
"I kill a communist for fun, but for a green card, I gonna carve him up real nice."

"All I have in this world is my balls and my word and I don't break them for no one."
redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:05 pm

They still make Bud Ice? Jesus Christ ....
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Ziner » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:06 pm

They still make Bud Ice?

Dooobie Doobie Doo

Edit: I am keeping this, but still laughing
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby redneckofsc » Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:51 pm

swerb wrote:They still make Bud Ice? Jesus Christ ....

That's what I said when I saw it. I thought for sure they quit making it. They did however discontinue making Bud Dry last December, which was a kick in the nuts.

redneckofsc
The Ultimate Grinder

Unread postby FUDU » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:18 pm

Had some of this today, Light Ale, the only light beer I've enjoyed more than a Sam Adams.

http://www.keiths.ca/index.html
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Mar 19, 2011 10:22 am

redneckofsc wrote: Usually just stick with Old Milwaukee's Best Ice, Busch Ice or Keystone Light.

Only the most refined of pallets can appreciate the "mouth full of pennies" after taste.

Supporting local businesses:
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:15 am

JCoz wrote:Hey Nash,

I can't recommend this highly enough and especially if you are on a Lambic kick, I think you will love this. Its in the same vein being a Flanders Red. its all over now, but wont be for very long:

I've had normal Flanders Red a number of times (as well as some other Flanders styles) but I have not seen the '08 vintage collection. I will keep an eye out. I found out last night I don't have to go to VE to get KBS or Founders Imperial Stout - they're both on tap at Fathead's in North Olmstead. I would probably be at that place 3-4 times a week if it wasn't on the opposite side of town.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:20 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
redneckofsc wrote: Usually just stick with Old Milwaukee's Best Ice, Busch Ice or Keystone Light.

Only the most refined of pallets can appreciate the "mouth full of pennies" after taste.

It must be the most popular drink at the Blue Oyster.

EW - I just read your post half a dozen times with a mixture of fear and confusion before I realized you didn't write "mouth full of penis" after taste. Holy shit was I confused.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:03 pm

Paging Mr. Nash...

Stopped at VE on the way home, picked up a Speedway Stout and a New Holland Dragon's Milk. Both were highly recommended by the guy behind the counter, but I haven't had either. Your thoughts?
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby JCoz » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:11 am

JCoz wrote:Hey Nash,

I've had normal Flanders Red a number of times (as well as some other Flanders styles) but I have not seen the '08 vintage collection. I will keep an eye out. I found out last night I don't have to go to VE to get KBS or Founders Imperial Stout - they're both on tap at Fathead's in North Olmstead. I would probably be at that place 3-4 times a week if it wasn't on the opposite side of town.

Since I came back from that belgian beer fest I've tried several Flemish Red beers and I haven't had any that compare favorably to Rodenbach.

The 2008 is really fantastic, however the Grand Cru is outstanding as well, and depending on how much mark up you see at the places you shop, the 2008 is generally 60%-100% more expensive, and I imagine its more rare to find.

So I wouldn't pass up either if you can get ahold of one of them.

I have people in three states looking to pick up KBS for me, I am extremely jealous to hear you've got a place to go where its on tap, lol.
JCoz

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Paging Mr. Nash...

Stopped at VE on the way home, picked up a Speedway Stout and a New Holland Dragon's Milk. Both were highly recommended by the guy behind the counter, but I haven't had either. Your thoughts?

Dragons Milk is an awesome experience. Heavy on the oak aged flavor but really easy to drink IMO. Speedway Stout - what can I say, it is easily my favorite stout, and one of my absolute favorite beers to drink period. I can't hold down a lot of heavy stouts when the weather warms up but I can slam Speedway all fuckin' day. Considering the amount of beers I've reviewed here, you can gauge how much I like the stuff. Perfect balance of roastyness, coffee, and a bit of cocoa. The first time I had it I drank a magnum in about 20 minutes which, while delicious, knocked me out after and hour. Watch yourself!!!

:cheers:
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:43 pm

Dragons Milk is an awesome experience. Heavy on the oak aged flavor but really easy to drink IMO. Speedway Stout - what can I say, it is easily my favorite stout, and one of my absolute favorite beers to drink period. I can't hold down a lot of heavy stouts when the weather warms up but I can slam Speedway all fuckin' day. Considering the amount of beers I've reviewed here, you can gauge how much I like the stuff. Perfect balance of roastyness, coffee, and a bit of cocoa. The first time I had it I drank a magnum in about 20 minutes which, while delicious, knocked me out after and hour. Watch yourself!!!

What's VE please? (JDJ referenced stopping there on way home). RNE- do they carry the Speedway at the place at 306 and rt20?

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:07 pm

peeker643 wrote:What's VE please? (JDJ referenced stopping there on way home). RNE- do they carry the Speedway at the place at 306 and rt20?

VE = Vintage Estates in Boardman. Great place from what I hear. Huge beer/wine selections with a bar. Also heard they have a mead bar there???

Peek, the place at 306 and 20 always had it but I havent looked in awhile. No reason to believe they are not stocking it. Wally or Sammy can always place an order with their distributor because Alesmith is always available.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby peeker643 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:What's VE please? (JDJ referenced stopping there on way home). RNE- do they carry the Speedway at the place at 306 and rt20?

VE = Vintage Estates in Boardman. Great place from what I hear. Huge beer/wine selections with a bar. Also heard they have a mead bar there???

Peek, the place at 306 and 20 always had it but I havent looked in awhile. No reason to believe they are not stocking it. Wally or Sammy can always place an order with their distributor because Alesmith is always available.

What's the name of the lady who works in that place. I think she may be Indian or Pakistani or perhaps of another descent but she sure as hell knows her way around that place.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:36 pm

peeker643 wrote:What's the name of the lady who works in that place. I think she may be Indian or Pakistani or perhaps of another descent but she sure as hell knows her way around that place.

The younger girl? That is Sammy. Wally is her brother, but he is usually running their other place on Rte 20 in Willoughby. Pretty sure that is a drive-through.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:06 pm

peeker643 wrote:

What's VE please? (JDJ referenced stopping there on way home). RNE- do they carry the Speedway at the place at 306 and rt20?

Peeker -- JB gives a pretty good explanation of Vintage Estate upthread. Its basically the only cool thing in Youngstown.
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:07 pm

Gracias.

I'm gonna crack one of those puppies tonight.
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 2:50 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Gracias.

I'm gonna crack one of those puppies tonight.

Two things - make sure you pour it in a wider type beer glass. Either a pint, snifter, or stein. Its good to have a good head on there and a skinny glass like a tulip or pilsner doesn't aerate the beer properly. Head on a beer isn't just for looks, its a necessity to taste/smell all the nuances especially for complex styles. Also, make sure you let the beer sit at room temperature for 10-15 minutes. Impy stouts are best when you let 'em breath and warm up a little. Im heading to DTW for half price sushi at lure. Will probably hit 1899 and Ballatine to see whats new on draught. I'll post any good findings here.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:23 pm

Next time I'm in Willoughby I'm going to walk into 1899 and loudly say "Rick Nash Equilibrium." You're bound to be there. Then I can buy you a beer. And you can talk about beer and head.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:31 pm

motherscratcher wrote:Next time I'm in Willoughby I'm going to walk into 1899 and loudly say "Rick Nash Equilibrium." You're bound to be there. Then I can buy you a beer. And you can talk about beer and head.

I might seem like a know at all about this stuff on the board, but I'm not nearly as much of a know it all in person. I simply have the bad habit of being extremely thorough when answering peoples questions. But yeah, I'll take you up on that we can shoot the shit.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby JacksonDysonJackson » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:15 pm

Welp....big bottle of Dragons Milk down...

I thought it was great. Been getting into the stouts lately and this takes the cake. Toasty feel to it...and as Nashy said, oh so smooth. Someone smarter than me needs to post a pic of it...those who like big stouts will love this. See it...buy it.

Not to mention its 10% abv...feels like about double that. Please disregard the rest of my posts tonight...moving to old rasputin imp stout. Time to get in a fight with the gf...carry on.
JacksonDysonJackson

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:34 pm

JacksonDysonJackson wrote:Welp....big bottle of Dragons Milk down...

I thought it was great. Been getting into the stouts lately and this takes the cake. Toasty feel to it...and as Nashy said, oh so smooth. Someone smarter than me needs to post a pic of it...those who like big stouts will love this. See it...buy it.

Not to mention its 10% abv...feels like about double that. Please disregard the rest of my posts tonight...moving to old rasputin imp stout. Time to get in a fight with the gf...carry on.

Still got that boom boom pow.

RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby RickNashEquilibrium » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:52 am

Crack open that Speedway Stout yet? Also, Ballantine in DTW has Weihenstephan Korbinian Dopplebock on draught. Possibly the best Dopple ever even moreso than my Avatar. If you like malty, semi-sweet, deep, caramel like Bocks this once takes the cake and blows Spatan Optimator and GLBC Dopplerock out of the water.
RickNashEquilibrium
Beer, Bitch

Unread postby motherscratcher » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:14 am

Taking a break from Mic Ultra.

Picked up a 4 pack of this stuff and liked it quite a bit. Usually I'm not huge on Stouts. I like them but am not wild about them. This was better than most of the other ones I've tried.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:52 pm

2 of these left

And picked up a sixer of these

Decent for a 15-10 loss
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:22 am

Went to a beer tasting last night. Some really good beers from the area.

Starr Hill Double Platinum

Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon

O'connor Brewing Great Dismal Black IPA

Legend Brewing Maibock
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:49 am

jb

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Stopped off at a wine store down the road that sometimes has some decent imports. Struck gold- Anchor Christmas Ale 2010.

Delicious beer, went very well with burgers, sweet potato fries and grilled zucchini.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

PreviousNext

Return to Eat, Drink, & Be Merry