Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Senaca Wallace Signs, D'Qwell Jackson Too

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Senaca Wallace Signs, D'Qwell Jackson Too

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:00 pm

Last edited by jta1975 on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
jta1975

Favorite Player: Red Face
Least Favorite Player: Clean Pants

Re: Senaca Wallace Signs Jackson too

Unread postby jta1975 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:04 pm

Jackson will compete for a starting spot.

E-Wright was worth a second round tender either way. If someone signs him the pick will be nice. If not the money for a second round tender is not bad.
jta1975

Re: Senaca Wallace Signs, D'Qwell Jackson Too

Unread postby MikeCheckGW » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:26 am

I think all 3 of these moves are solid. They all help keep the depth on the roster. Jackson could start or be a very solid rotational linebacker. Wallace is proficient in the WCO and would be great for training McCoy. Wright has a ton of potential and has shown he can play much better than he did last year. I finally feel that the Browns have a competent GM working the roster.
MikeCheck

Show me a guy whos afraid to look bad, and I'll show you a guy you can beat every time.
MikeCheckGW

Favorite Player: Asdrubal
Least Favorite Player: LBJ

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:28 am

Given that Walrus said we're going to draft a project QB (sorry WR WVU kid posing as a QB ) I hope this means that we'll never have to look at Jake ever again.

I have a feeling they will move NyQuel to WS OLB and Gocong is the MLB. Along with Fujita at SS OLB, I suppose it might be a non-horrible just better than expansion cobble together for year one. He may have the skill set if healthy. (feeling optimistic today )
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby hiko » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:07 pm

jb wrote:Given that Walrus said we're going to draft a project QB (sorry WR WVU kid posing as a QB ) I hope this means that we'll never have to look at Jake ever again.

That's exactly what it means. They'll cut him after the draft.

After I heard about Wallace re-signing, I wondered where Jake (Cleveland Jake) stood in the long line of awfulness at QB for the Browns since 1999. I thought about what the list might be, how they would be ordered, and it really is an impossibility because just when you think you've got the worst of them all, then you remember someone else. It's sickening.
hiko

Favorite Player: Gray
Least Favorite Player: Black and White

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:11 pm

hiko wrote:
jb wrote:Given that Walrus said we're going to draft a project QB (sorry WR WVU kid posing as a QB ) I hope this means that we'll never have to look at Jake ever again.

That's exactly what it means. They'll cut him after the draft.

After I heard about Wallace re-signing, I wondered where Jake (Cleveland Jake) stood in the long line of awfulness at QB for the Browns since 1999. I thought about what the list might be, how they would be ordered, and it really is an impossibility because just when you think you've got the worst of them all, then you remember someone else. It's sickening.

SD:

Jake was a broken down has been time he got to the Browns , but at one time he was a playa and took his team to the dance .

He brought professionalism discipline and leadership back to the position .

He really can't be included in the sorry list of wannabees and bustas this team has drafted since Dumb ass fart Modell traded Hall of Famer Paul Warfield for that Epic waste Mike Phipps.

or trading up for Lady Quinn or Spergon Wynn picked over Tom Brady.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:17 pm

"professionalism" ?

He brought pick sixes via blind throws that made even Vinny yell "what are u doing !?!?" and QUIT on the field when he threw them.

Worst Browns starting QB EVER.
jb

Unread postby hiko » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:29 pm

Using just his time in Cleveland as the sample size, I still don't think Jake was near the worst QB to trounce through here. Worse than him:

Brady Quinn
Ken Dorsey
Bruce Gradkowski (when he was a Brown)
Spurgeon Wynn
Doug Pedersen
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson (everything after the 1st half of 2007 was so bad that it negates it)
Ty Detmer (that whole game)

About the same:

Trent Dilfer (when he was a Brown)
Jeff Garcia (when he was a Brown)
Charlie Frye

The book is still out:

Seneca Wallace
Colt McCoy

Better Browns Career (which ain't sayin' much):

Tim Couch
Kelly Holcomb
Dennis Northcutt
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:33 pm

jb wrote:"professionalism" ?

He brought pick sixes via blind throws that made even Vinny yell "what are u doing !?!?" and QUIT on the field when he threw them.

Worst Browns starting QB EVER.

SD:

Dude was toast before he got here , I called him interception Jake many a time .

However there is no mistaking his influence on Colt brought him along faster than if he'd a been in the barrel with Lady Quinn and DA.

Thats the professionalism I'm refering too.

Wasn't his fault the Browns payed him 7 more big ones on top of that 10 mil he was already getting from Carolina , that stoopidity goes on Mr. I was gonna hire myself as the coach .

For that kinda Jack , I woulda crawled out on one leg , and he did playing games on wheels which would get tagged and impounded by the DOT .

Dude should have never been put in on a bad leg at his age vs the Falcons, that was tantamont to throwing a helpless fighter into a meat grinder, when you should throw in the towel.

His stats were bad , on a bad team end of a career which had gone south , but at one time Jake could play , which excludes him from the shit on that list who never showed nothin.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:40 pm

Hike, I don't count the fill in scrubs like Sperg. I'm talking planned out starting QBs for the season.

Only one even close to sucking that bad was Quinn. But look at the QB ratings for the yeRs they started. The dig is Quinn couldn't win a game, but Jake flat out tanked EM like Paul Crew.
jb

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:43 pm

Bs Greg.

We weren't a bad team. If we had reasonable health and no Jake we go 8-8
jb

Unread postby hiko » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:52 pm

jb wrote:Hike, I don't count the fill in scrubs like Sperg. I'm talking planned out starting QBs for the season.

Only one even close to sucking that bad was Quinn. But look at the QB ratings for the yeRs they started. The dig is Quinn couldn't win a game, but Jake flat out tanked EM like Paul Crew.

With as much as he played and how he got in the games later in the season, one could argue Jake was a fill in scrub.

And I would still say that Jake was clearly better than 2008-2009 Quinn and Anderson. He made some horrible decisions at times, but the ball at least went remotely in the direction he was throwing it.
hiko

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:58 pm

jb wrote:Bs Greg.

We weren't a bad team. If we had reasonable health and no Jake we go 8-8

SD:

Your mistaking my reply , Jake was terrible a shell of man who heard the footsteps and couldn't take the pain anymore after the Falcon game , he helped kill our start as we coulda started out of the gate undefeated those first four games with anybody else coaching save the mangy choke artist.

But at one time the man was a playa and thats my point why he can't go on the list of those who were never nothing ever as Browns or anywhere else for that matter,after they left the Browns

What we saw in Cleveland (per example)is what people saw in Vegas when Joe Louis was reduced to opening doors , and people who didn't know who he was shook their head at why the hotel would hire such a poor doorman.

But thats what Homie thought Mangy deserved , and served him up with a cherry on top Clint Eastwood style.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby jta1975 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:38 pm

The two things that killed Jake at the end of his career.

First of all he became the worst thing an NFL QB can so and that was he became a creature of habit.

Second he could not handle adversity. At the end of his career, every little stove top fire he had ended up burning the whole damn house down.

I agree with SD, he was a good mental mentor for Colt. He still could teach the kid what he needed to know and where to get it from. He just can't tow the line any more.

Wallace may not be the best mentor but he will be able to show Colt what they want by doing it. Wallace will keep Colt on his toes with a slight warming of the neck from his breath.
jta1975

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:17 am

jta1975 wrote:The two things that killed Jake at the end of his career.

First of all he became the worst thing an NFL QB can so and that was he became a creature of habit.

Second he could not handle adversity. At the end of his career, every little stove top fire he had ended up burning the whole damn house down.

I agree with SD, he was a good mental mentor for Colt. He still could teach the kid what he needed to know and where to get it from. He just can't tow the line any more.

Wallace may not be the best mentor but he will be able to show Colt what they want by doing it. Wallace will keep Colt on his toes with a slight warming of the neck from his breath.

Yep.

SD and JTA are right. Different expectations now but Jake helped make, and now Seneca will make, Colt into whatever he'll be. Jake was worth the cake for that alone.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:03 am

hiko wrote:Using just his time in Cleveland as the sample size, I still don't think Jake was near the worst QB to trounce through here. Worse than him:

Brady Quinn
Ken Dorsey
Bruce Gradkowski (when he was a Brown)
Spurgeon Wynn
Doug Pedersen
Luke McCown
Derek Anderson (everything after the 1st half of 2007 was so bad that it negates it)
Ty Detmer (that whole game)

About the same:

Trent Dilfer (when he was a Brown)
Jeff Garcia (when he was a Brown)
Charlie Frye

The book is still out:

Seneca Wallace
Colt McCoy

Better Browns Career (which ain't sayin' much):

Tim Couch
Kelly Holcomb
Dennis Northcutt

Man, all Colt has to do is stink, instead of suck, and he's the best QB since the return.

For the record, I thought Doug Pederson was absolutely the worst I saw. Total hopelessnes in regard to moving the ball.

Starter was Chazzy.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL