Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Holmgren Interview post combine from Seattle radio

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Holmgren Interview post combine from Seattle radio

Unread postby yogi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:14 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/03/03/mike-holmgren-nearly-hired-himself-to-coach-the-browns/

Long interview and talks about tons of stuff.

Lots of issues to discuss.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Re: Holmgren Interview post combine from Seattle radio

Unread postby yogi » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Iteresting how strongly he considered himself before his wife had the final say.

Also it sounded like Gruden was not ready to come back (enjoying his TV gig plus prob his kid still in school) but MH made it sound like he would if Holmgren really wanted him too.

I know things change but at this moment he really makes it sound like Colt's the guy (a rock star in North Texas)

He had also had a few things to say about Cam & Lockert. Commends them for working out at combine.
One curious thing he said was that it was understandable if QBs are not as accurate at combine workout because the WRs arent on same page with timing and such, but then he said a QB shouldn't miss too often or that will tell you something...
We all know who missed his targets alot.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:52 pm

yogi wrote:Iteresting how strongly he considered himself before his wife had the final say.

Also it sounded like Gruden was not ready to come back (enjoying his TV gig plus prob his kid still in school) but MH made it sound like he would if Holmgren really wanted him too.

I know things change but at this moment he really makes it sound like Colt's the guy (a rock star in North Texas)

He had also had a few things to say about Cam & Lockert. Commends them for working out at combine.
One curious thing he said was that it was understandable if QBs are not as accurate at combine workout because the WRs arent on same page with timing and such, but then he said a QB shouldn't miss too often or that will tell you something...
We all know who missed his targets alot.

SD:

Yea he was terrible , think he might drop low enough , where Holmgren could see he might have some value.

somewhere around 6 might do it......................

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:44 pm

More proof there is no God ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :dead:

Not a merciful one anyway...
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

Thnaks for posting this, Yogs. I think it closes the books on how the coaching non-search really went. Man, we were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO close to having a proven winner.

Someone has to get Mrs. Big Show a group of freinds, stat. And he turned down Chuckie. Ugh.

OIC.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby yogi » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 pm

JB, it appears to me MH will be mentoring Shur and will be heavily involved in all HC decisions without putting in as many long hours to keep Mrs MH happy.

Some may call Shur a "Major Domo" (my Star Trek geakness shining thru) to MH but I look at it as Michael Corleone talking with Don Vito in the vineyard for sage advice.

Its a healthy situation if all parties are on the same page. And at this point, it appears they are.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:22 pm

yogi wrote:JB, it appears to me MH will be mentoring Shur and will be heavily involved in all HC decisions without putting in as many long hours to keep Mrs MH happy.

Some may call Shur a "Major Domo" (my Star Trek geakness shining thru) to MH but I look at it as Michael Corleone talking with Don Vito in the vineyard for sage advice.

Its a healthy situation if all parties are on the same page. And at this point, it appears they are.

Didn't Bud Grant mentor Les Steckle?

The man is not The Man.

Come game day, Friz JR is on his own and Big Show is chillin' in the box chatting with Randy on skype from GM, drink in hand.

Almost had Big Show, but the missus vetoed it. Chuckie said he'd come back for Homgren, but Holmgren demurred.

So now we get a question mark.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 6:45 pm

jb wrote:
yogi wrote:JB, it appears to me MH will be mentoring Shur and will be heavily involved in all HC decisions without putting in as many long hours to keep Mrs MH happy.

Didn't Bud Grant mentor Les Steckle?

The man is not The Man.

Come game day, Friz JR is on his own and Big Show is chillin' in the box chatting with Randy on skype from GM, drink in hand.

Almost had Big Show, but the missus vetoed it. Chuckie said he'd come back for Homgren, but Holmgren demurred.

So now we get a question mark.

SD:

No worries , that lazy mutha Fucka ain't coming out of the press box until we have a stud QB.

Then Shurmur can fill that offensive coordinator post the team has vacant now.

Course the Celtics won with Auerbach in the shadows and Russel and Heinson coaching
maybe we should just wear the green.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby mattvan1 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 9:41 am

lol. Michael was a civilian until he avenged the attempt on his father’s life.

Shurmur is Fredo.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL