Text Size

Cleveland Cavaliers & The NBA

Whew

Talk Cavs hoops and other items from the NBA here.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, pup, papacass

Whew

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:42 pm

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Whew

Unread postby StewieG » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:52 pm

First, why is this a story?

Second, Gibson is not the king of Cleveland.

Third, TWOA needs to stop being such a goddamned pussy.
StewieG

Favorite Player: Delonte MF'in West
Least Favorite Player: LeQuit

Unread postby swerb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:57 pm

Thank God this is over. Haven't been able to think about anything else the last three days.

Suprised they couldn't work this out when Boobie was blowing in his ear during LeFuckFace's first visit back here.

My kingdom for a shredded LeQuitter ACL. Followed by a staph infection during surgery. And a slew of complications in the rehab.

What a loser. Just when you think this idiot couldn't be a bigger self-absorbed toolbox ...
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Rat_Tail » Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:32 pm

Cavs' still got that March 29th game.

Maybe they can send him into the playoffs with an embarrassing loss.

Can't wait to see him get eliminated.
Cleveland is the city where we come from so run run
Rat_Tail
Take Me Back To 2007

Favorite Player: Pronk
Least Favorite Player: Marson

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Twitter is probably the worst thing to happen to sports. Stupid, self-absorbed jocks have always said stupid, self-absorbed things, but now Twitter offers them an instantly-accessible public forum for it.

Now they can bitch about not getting paid, have virtual posse-wars with other celebrities, make thick-headed remarks about sensitive issues, and do it all without the buffer of a PR gatekeeper. The very people they've hired to keep them from looking stupid have had their jobs rendered irrelevant by mobile-app communication platforms.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:26 pm

papacass wrote:Twitter is probably the worst thing to happen to sports. Stupid, self-absorbed jocks have always said stupid, self-absorbed things, but now Twitter offers them an instantly-accessible public forum for it.

Now they can bitch about not getting paid, have virtual posse-wars with other celebrities, make thick-headed remarks about sensitive issues, and do it all without the buffer of a PR gatekeeper. The very people they've hired to keep them from looking stupid have had their jobs rendered irrelevant by mobile-app communication platforms.

I think it's great too.

I blame 'Survivor' and 'Real World'.

Actually I follow very few athletes. I follow more media and TCF people than anything. It's a news source Cass. Just as you can avoid the Housewives of Orange County on TV and watch news 24/7 if you care to you can avoid LBJ and Boobie on Twitter.

Like Howard Stern says; people can turn it off whenever they want. Oh, BTW, Howard is also now on Twitter. ;-) ;) :wink:
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:34 pm

peeker643 wrote:Like Howard Stern says; people can turn it off whenever they want. Oh, BTW, Howard is also now on Twitter. ;-) ;) :wink:

I enjoy it regardless.

offers me a peek into their lives I normally wouldn't get as joe fan. From appearances reggie hodges seems to be a really good guy. Ned Flanders-esque.

dig all the people I can follow as well, ranging from people in the media, tcf, and comedians.

depends on what you use it for really.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:13 pm

I'm sooooo glad that they are back to BFF's. Boobie has just been, like, totally bummed out since those tweets, ya know? My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Boobie pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby papacass » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:47 pm

motherscratcher wrote:I'm sooooo glad that they are back to BFF's. Boobie has just been, like, totally bummed out since those tweets, ya know? My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Boobie pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Thank you, Simone.
papacass

Favorite Player: D. Miles jersey
Least Favorite Player: D. Stallworth jersey

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:21 pm

papacass wrote:Twitter is probably the worst thing to happen to sports. Stupid, self-absorbed jocks have always said stupid, self-absorbed things, but now Twitter offers them an instantly-accessible public forum for it.

Which is why it is awesome.

The Customers will now know precisely what they choose to pay for, esp if these idiots replace the patriotism that follows CityState and Team with the cult of lack of personality.

Then only Lee will be left. Won't be casue he's wrong. It'll be casue we too damn dumb. :hide:
jb

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:23 pm

peeker643 wrote:

I think it's great too.

I blame 'Survivor' and 'Real World'.

Actually I follow very few athletes. I follow more media and TCF people than anything. It's a news source Cass. Just as you can avoid the Housewives of Orange County on TV and watch news 24/7 if you care to you can avoid LBJ and Boobie on Twitter.

Like Howard Stern says; people can turn it off whenever they want. Oh, BTW, Howard is also now on Twitter. ;-) ;) :wink:

And I never turn him on.

lesbians bits were fresh in 1990.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:30 pm

I <3 you too JB....
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor