Text Size

No Holds Barred

Saudi arrested in TX, plotting terror attacks

Need to get something off your chest? Have a topic that doesn't fit one of the other forums? Rant away in here. Mature audiences only, not for the easily offended.

Moderators: peeker643, swerb, Ziner

Saudi arrested in TX, plotting terror attacks

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:29 pm

According to court records, Aldawsari conducted online research into how to construct an improvised explosive device, or IED, using several chemicals as ingredients. He has also "acquired or taken a substantial step toward acquiring most of the ingredients and equipment" needed for the bomb, documents said.

Authorities said Aldawsari described his desire for violent jihad and martyrdom in blog postings and a personal journal.

Aldawsari conducted research on various targets and e-mailed himself information on these locations and people, the Justice Department said.

On February 6, the affidavit alleges, Aldawsari sent himself an email titled "Tyrant's House," in which he listed the Dallas address for former President George W. Bush, investigators said.

In a personal journal found in Aldawsari's apartment home, Aldawsari wrote the events of September 11, 2001, had produced a "big change" in his thinking and that he had been inspired by the speeches of Osama bin Laden, the affidavit said. He had excelled in high school in order to take advantage of scholarship opportunities offered by Saudi companies to get to the United States, he wrote, and had been planning to commit a terrorist attack in the United States for years, according to the affidavit.

Aldawsari allegedly wrote the scholarship "will help tremendously in providing me with the support I need for Jihad." The entry continued: "And now, after mastering the English language, learning how to build explosives and continuous planning to target the infidel Americans, it is time for Jihad," the affidavit says.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/02/24/us. ... tml?hpt=T2
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Re: Saudi arrested in TX, plotting terror attacks

Unread postby jb » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Not possible.

The current administration is not capable of this. I think this is in the trolls and unicorns plain.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Orenthal » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:16 pm

Trying to take out my boy GWB??? Sweep the leg.
"When a man with money meets a man with experience, the man with experience leaves with money and the man with money leaves with experience."
Orenthal

Favorite Player: Dan Gilbert
Least Favorite Player: Blacks, Gays, Poor

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 5:39 pm

I for one feel better about things just knowing that GoTribe31 is out there on the front lines of the fight. Now get the hell back to work, Al.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Unread postby gotribe31 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:57 pm

danwismar wrote:I for one feel better about things just knowing that GoTribe31 is out there on the front lines of the fight. Now get the hell back to work, Al.

Going on hour 54 for this week, counting Sunday. It's all over but the shouting now though. Read the indictment...this guy is D U N done. Going to enjoy the victory drink tonight, that's for damn sure. :cheers:
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby danwismar » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 pm

gotribe31 wrote:
danwismar wrote:I for one feel better about things just knowing that GoTribe31 is out there on the front lines of the fight. Now get the hell back to work, Al.

Going on hour 54 for this week, counting Sunday. It's all over but the shouting now though. Read the indictment...this guy is D U N done. Going to enjoy the victory drink tonight, that's for damn sure. :cheers:

Have one for me, dude...and congratulations.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/uXRD51
danwismar

Return to No Holds Barred